• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Devil Trigger~ said:
its not about being a sport or not.

there's a line between talking smack(which almost everyone does, including in "sports") and being an ass.

This.

Also, throwing a temper tantrum when losing isn't a good look for anyone.

mr. puppy

Banned
Anybody have luck with having Haggar as your second character and Akuma as anchor, and using Akuma's assist to lockdown characters while Haggar goes in on them and attempts what little mixup he has?

the srk haggar forum is kindof a human wasteland, so i'm hoping somebody here has an idea besides phoenix as anchor.

LakeEarth

mr. puppy said:
Anybody have luck with having Haggar as your second character and Akuma as anchor, and using Akuma's assist to lockdown characters while Haggar goes in on them and attempts what little mixup he has?

the srk haggar forum is kindof a human wasteland, so i'm hoping somebody here has an idea besides phoenix as anchor.
Well that would be a pretty good team, I like using Doom's beam to help Haggar out, but I've realized from streams that Haggar helps Doom way more than Doom helps Haggar.

Ultimoo said:
you aren't doing any arrow links to OTG and re-launch, that's why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9uZvpopdcQ&feature=related
hmm, ok I'm using everything before the second relaunch, which does about 600-650k. It's perfect because I want to kill Tron in two combos.

So the question is, do I use Taskmaster or Iron Man to back up Dormammu?

Iron Man

• Better mobility
  • better normals
  • better resets
  • godlike beam assist

Taskmaster

• higher health
  • better damage
  • easier execution
  • counters
  • Task/Dorm/Jean THC does 680k

I'm done with ranked after I get my 4th lord back. It's just soul crushing to play against the endless wave consisting of the top 20% of the cast over and over. The super armor, get off me assists and the sheer number of characters with better tools is just depressing me. I'm practically sending Hsien-Ko and Morrigan into the meat grinder over and over if I can't pull off the Rimoukon.

I fought a legitimately good Morrigan that actually put the flight cancel stuff to use and I played another Joe who never let me breathe even once. I also fought a Spidey that was an absolute beast, but ranked is just becoming depressing as fuck. I had no idea that spidey's webswing could be used on an incoming character. That and the unblockable crossups using assists are fucked, man.

I'm amazed at the fact that I once thought this game was balanced...

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
I'm done with ranked after I get my 4th lord back. It's just soul crushing to play against the endless wave consisting of the top 20% of the cast over and over. The super armor, get off me assists and the sheer number of characters with better tools is just depressing me. I'm practically sending Hsien-Ko and Morrigan into the meat grinder over and over if I can't pull off the Rimoukon.

I fought a legitimately good Morrigan that actually put the flight cancel stuff to use and I played another Joe who never let me breathe even once. I also fought a Spidey that was an absolute beast, but ranked is just becoming depressing as fuck. I had no idea that spidey's webswing could be used on an incoming character. That and the unblockable crossups using assists are fucked, man.

I'm amazed at the fact that I once thought this game was balanced...
you already got bounced back into 5th lord? dang that was pretty quick. don't worry though it happened to me too. i got destroyed the first time i made 4th lord. i stabilized when my meter was nearly empty but i didn't feel like building it all the way so i dropped a bunch of games and went back to 5th lord. i then dominated 5th lord and had a much easier time with 4th lord.

Went down to 4th scout. I've been bumped down before from 9th lord to 8th ranger, but that was different. The sheer cheese I have to deal with at this level of play is frustrating no matter how thoroughly I manage to win.

I'm done with ranked after I get my lord status back and I'll probably stick to gaffers(like three people lol), my friends and player matches.
God's Beard said:
They're not unblockable, it's a 2 frame guess!
My face just contorted in a way I never though possible. This shit is hilarious lol.

Not dealing with all that bullshit anyway, at least not until SMvC3 when Hsien-Ko and Morrigan receive some much needed buffs(or Strider makes his glorious return). Ranked is fucking bananas right now.

shaowebb

Oldschoolgamer said:
LOL

7/10 teams I fought throughout the day all had Logan in them. smh

Thats what ruined me early on Monday. All lvl 1 xfactor Wolverine all the time. I played one guy for so long I went from nearly leveling up past 9th scout to shamefully dropping rank back down to friggin fighter. Eventually my anti wolverine tech consisted of the lamest trick ever.

Instead of running my varying point character first, I'd setup my Ryu first. Call drones, play footsie and just bait the dive kick.

Once it came down...TATSU INVINCIBLE LVL1.
If I had more than one bar I would Either DHC into another Hyper or xfactor into another and then run hadokens at him till I could do it again. Sad thing is by the time I had this guy scouted enough to do this he chose to exit matches and someone I couldn't read would come in with different assists that'd ruin me.

I gotta learn to shoryuken late on that thing to catch him but if you guess wrong you eat the full combo.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
shaowebb said:
Thats what ruined me early on Monday. All lvl 1 xfactor Wolverine all the time. I played one guy for so long I went from nearly leveling up past 9th scout to shamefully dropping rank back down to friggin fighter. Eventually my anti wolverine tech consisted of the lamest trick ever.

Instead of running my varying point character first, I'd setup my Ryu first. Call drones, play footsie and just bait the dive kick...

Whatever works. lol. I've been playing with Team Ten Years/MSS and doing Magnetic blasts while calling Sent Drones or Whirlwind. If I'm playing Dorm then it's c.M and carpet. Fuck wolverine.

I got cussed out by some kid in German I think and I got hate mail from someone else. It's like, if you're playing Wolverine, am I suppose to forget that Disruptah and Hail Storm exists? People kill me.

I got absolutely destroyed by a dope Zero player earlier. Holy shit. Omfg once he gets in, it's hell.

I'm probably going to do a complete turnaround from what I was saying a few pages back, but Storm is really underrated. I get the gist of what I'm supposed to do with her, but I'm still ass with her atm. She might not have Maggy's jump in link, but she's really good. I think she would benefit from Doom rocks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Caj814 said:
Another combo video which is a variation on one of my X-men Rising combos
MvC3 Viewtiful Doom Rises
This is so hawt.

July 21st at SDCC:

minimates.jpg

And maaaaaaaaaaybe Marvel announcements. Maybe.

smurfx

get some go again
alright just got some practice. played 4 ranked matches and ended up 3-1 i think. i did play this one zoner on player and lost 3-6. arthur and doom with his assist is really hard to approach. it was a good match up though so i can get back into the hang of it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
This is so hawt.

July 21st at SDCC:

minimates.jpg

And maaaaaaaaaaybe Marvel announcements. Maybe.

In the recent video interview with Seth Killian he of course again dodged the future Marvel plans question, but he did mention both Capcom's presence at SDCC as aplace they could make game announcements (not Marvel specific) and more interesti gly that Niitsuma would be attending EVO. so I'm definitely thinking and hoping we at least here solething by the end of this month.

As for the Zero troll thing: all the characters in that picture are alt costumes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nils said:
In the recent video interview with Seth Killian he of course again dodged the future Marvel plans question, but he did mention both Capcom's presence at SDCC as aplace they could make game announcements (not Marvel specific) and more interesti gly that Niitsuma would be attending EVO. so I'm definitely thinking and hoping we at least here solething by the end of this month.

As for the Zero troll thing: all the characters in that picture are alt costumes.
Yeah, Seth alluded to it in those videos and dodged the question even heavier when on stream, but that interview vid over at Eventhubs was the first time he actually even hinted at a time/place where announcements would be made.

He 99% confirmed SFxT announcements and SFIII:3SO's presence there as well.

SDCC is do or die-and-wait-for-Ultimate-MvC3-at-TGS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
I'm surprised that there haven't even been more costume packs.
This piece of the puzzle is the only one that brings validity to Svennson when he said the earthquake + PSN fiasco rattled things higher up at Capcom. I wouldn't put it past them, and I certainly do not want to believe they did something shameless used the earthquake as a scapegoat.

Must be tough being Svennson and SKill. It's pretty much your job to soak up all the shit Capcom gets from the fans, for the execs.

XeroSauce

SolarPowered said:
That has got to be rough. I could never follow this game without having it in my hands at any time.
I'm the same. I don't own a console other then PC so the only chance I get to play is going over to enzo's house and playing for a few hours while he teaches me crap. I watchpretty much every stream and even research team set-ups, and I'm not even close to owning the game lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XeroSauce said:
I'm the same. I don't own a console other then PC so the only chance I get to play is going over to enzo's house and playing for a few hours while he teaches me crap. I watchpretty much every stream and even research team set-ups, and I'm not even close to owning the game lol.
You have learned well young padawan. AzureJerico is not the only one that can get hype without actually owning the game!

In other news I just tuned into the stream and some unique character play going on. Love watching Chun-Li play. Missed the, Iron Man (?) play, I think?

This Rowtron guy is as beast as you guys say he is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Maybe the idea was scrapped. Aren't the existing costume packs just unlock codes?
I think they are, but why would they scrap something like that post-release when it's proven to be free money for them with SSFIV and SFIV? And with an IP like Marvels, how could this possibly go wrong? Exactly why I think they either held back their support plans for a Super, or the earthquake/PSN fiasco delayed/interfered with the dev process quite a bit.

Only reason I haven't picked up the costume pack yet is because they for some strange reason decided there would be no alt colours for the costumes and it just counts as a fifth colour. I hope that's fixed in future updates/releases/costume packs. Marvel couldn't be THAT anal about something like that.

Oh and now I see Stark is a player. Damn, got excited for IM tech.

smurfx

get some go again
lol just had a set with honzo gonzo. challenged him on the team khaos stream and he accepted! match ended up being 6-2 with him winning. damn had 2 happy birthdays when i was x factored and i dropped them! stupid ammy and her hitbox. it could have been 6-3! :( i'm going to try challenging more tournament players on the streams. i really wish i could play viscant.

I somehow got my 4th lord back and I managed to complete Morrigan's 10th mission so I'm done for a while. I'll be available for player matches, but ranked fuck right off.
Master Milk said:
Seriously?
In the earlier days it seemed like it could be anyone's game. Dante was styling on everyone with a new combo every other day and Magneto was attempting to reclaim his glory. Wesker made paste out of all kinds of teams and even Tron was a force to reckon with under the right conditions. Somehow even Shulkie managed to make a name for herself when no one ever expected it and Ammy has risen to the top despite her low health. This is just the tip of how much action was going on when the game was released.

Now it has settled down and we have started to smell the cheese, but you can't pretend that it was always this way. It was very unpredictable at the start.

mr. puppy

Banned
alright day 1 of dante/haggar/akuma was a trainwreck. dante is definitely point on this team, but I can't figure out wtf to do with haggar+tatsu. I gotta learn his mixups and resets. i did catch somebody in a sweet level 3 cancel though.

worst part about it is that once dante is gone i have two characters with normals that have no reach.

smurfx

get some go again
mr. puppy said:
alright day 1 of dante/haggar/akuma was a trainwreck. dante is definitely point on this team, but I can't figure out wtf to do with haggar+tatsu. I gotta learn his mixups and resets. i did catch somebody in a sweet level 3 cancel though.

worst part about it is that once dante is gone i have two characters with normals that have no reach.
you have the 360 version? i'll play you sometime.

Azure J

Just a general question for everyone here, anyone know where I can get my hands on THE Sega Saturn USB Control Pad? Everyone's linking me to the cheap knockoffs they have on Amazon and I'm not feeling that at all. I seem to remember someone here using it for Marvel primarily, I'm thinking it's Sixfortyfive but I don't want to make any assumptions. :p

Oldschoolgamer said:
Holy Shit @ that chick Stark. O.O Is every Guilty Gear player gdlk in this game?

I'm gonna watch this stream in a second, but from what I know, I'm not surprised that folks coming from games that prioritize movement and high speed action do the best in Marvel. A bunch of old acquaintances of mine who did nothing at one point but play Melee all day long could never get into Street Fighter like I hoped, but recently I found out that not only are they having a blast with Marvel, they were friggin' godly in terms of movement.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Went 0-2 in Marvel at Cincy yesterday lmao. Exposed. Handily won Bomberman and got 5th in mystery game extravaganza though. I won a Genesis multitap for my troubles and can now play Yu Yu Hakusho and 16-bit sports titles like God intended. Good times. I'll see if I can find any of it on the stream archive.

I'll be around for some games throughout the day on Live. GT is Sixfortyfive. Let's get some lag combos on.

AzureJericho said:
Just a general question for everyone here, anyone know where I can get my hands on THE Sega Saturn USB Control Pad? Everyone's linking me to the cheap knockoffs they have on Amazon and I'm not feeling that at all. I seem to remember someone here using it for Marvel primarily, I'm thinking it's Sixfortyfive but I don't want to make any assumptions. :p
I don't know of any reputable places you can get them on the second-hand market. I picked up mine when they were brand new and easy to find.

Azure J

Sixfortyfive said:
I don't know of any reputable places you can get them on the second-hand market. I picked up mine when they were brand new and easy to find.

Ah damn, I figured it was something like this. (-_- )

Sixfortyfive said:
I'll be around for some games throughout the day on Live. GT is Sixfortyfive. Let's get some lag combos on.
You on right now?
AzureJericho said:
Which system do you use? A Hori Fighting Commander is a decent replacement for the Saturn on the PS3.
Ultimoo said:
someone on PSN GAF get alive before I fall sleep, lool.
I could get online if Sixforty is not available.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I highly doubt they'd scrap costume DLC without something shaking things up at the company. Like people said it's basically free money and there are tons and tons of costumes to choose from for some characters obviously more than others. That said, since I'm a comic nerd and the discussion is slowing down a bit I'm gonna try compiling a costume idea list/wish list for the Marvel side.

Part one

Captain America

Not a character I heavily follow, so my choices may not be that inspired. Then again aside from Punisher Cap neither are his current costumes.

Bucky Cap:

36894.jpg

The ex-sidekick steps into the mantle of his partner.

Ulitmate Cap:

36871.jpg

US Agent:

36873.jpg

Deadpool

Deadpool actually has solid costumes in the current game so this is a bit tricky too.

Agent X:

36893.jpg

Lady Deadpool:

36875.jpg

Probably wouldn't work cause of hitbox issues, but eh. Voice would be off, but I wouldn't mind the whiny Nolan North voice coming out of her.

Jean Grey-Deadpool:

36876.jpg

Ultimate Deadpool:

36877.jpg

Tron Deadpool:

36874.jpg

I'm already stretching it here. Not an official costume, but it was on a recent cover and looks pretty cool

Doctor Doom

Future Foundation Doom:

36878.jpg

This is how Doom dresses when allied with RICHAAARDS

Marquis (?) Doom:

36879.jpg

Hated the storyline he was in though.

Ultimate Doom featuring goat legs:

36880.jpg

Victor Van Damme Representing

For a more out there pick, I'd choose a shodding looking Doombot. The pic doesn't really approximate what I have in mind but it's the best I could find. What I've got in my mind would look more like a very much battle damaged Doom with a tattered cape and blunted armor.

36881.jpg

There are probably better Doom picks out there, but I can't think of any at the moment.

Dormammu:

Not too many picks here as evidenced by the current available colors, since he doesn't have that many appearances. The Dr Strange animated movie look sucked. Only one I can think of is the Dread Rorkannu:

36882.jpg

A humorous spin on Dormammu featured in Warren Ellis's Nextwave.

Hulk

World War Hulk:

36885.jpg

Hulk castaway on a distant planet having to perform as a gladiator to survive.

Maestro:

36888.jpg

Future version of Hulk. Not much more to say other than he sports an awesome beard, has a genius intellect and a vile temper.

Nul Hulk:

36887.jpg

Hulk possessed by an evil mystical hammer in the most recent Marvel crossover Fear Itself. May not make sense canon-wise without the hammer.

Gentleman Hulk, because...eh why the fuck not:

36886.jpg

To be continued...

Unless the multitude of images is pissing people off.

Anth0ny

Gentleman Hulk would be great. Hell, there should be a tuxedo alt for every male character. Especially Wolverine.

rNGi0.png

Aww yeah.

Also, Magneto alt:

X-Men-First-Class_Michael-Fassbender-Magneto-top_Image-Credit-20th-Century-Fox.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some cross promotion... like the Captain America costume from the new movie or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom