• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn81

Mister Wilhelm said:
So I decided to start playing this game online since none of my friends are interested in it.

I don't have much time to play but I want to make a unique team I can slowly get better with. Basically, I'm trying to put three characters together that are exceptionally easy to play from an execution standpoint. I don't care about how good they are or what tier they're in, they just need to be easy to play, have easy combos, etc. I never got around to learning stick and I don't plan on buying one (currently learning Starcraft as well) so long combos/links are rough for me.

So far I'm playing around with these characters:

Hulk
Ryu
Taskmaster
Haggar
Spencer

I'm also interested in Arthur, though I can't find a way to make him viable as an anchor and I don't like him on point. I like the design of Chris Redfield, but I don't find him suited to my style that much.

Hulk is by far my favorite character right now. His execution is easy as can be and he plays somewhat similar to Alex, which is my 3rd Strike main (the only other fighting game I bothered to get really good at).

I've been told She Hulk is pretty basic along with Captain America, but Cap doesn't feel like a complete character to me when I try to work with him.

The problem I'm running into is not picking the characters I want to use, but what team is actually going to work well together.

I was running Ryu on point, Haggar assist, then Hulk anchor but landing any damage with Hulk on his own is rough even with lvl 3 x-factor.

Then I tried Haggar on point, Ryu assist which actually worked really well but I again have Hulk in the back. Switching Taskmaster and Spencer in here and there has yielded mixed results.

Any advice on how to shape my team to work well together?

IMO, Hulk needs to be on point. For my Hulk team I've been practicing with lately I've gone with Hulk/Taskmaster/Wesker. None of them are insanely challenging execution-wise, though Wesker is slightly more demanding than the other two, but really on that team he's mostly there to give Hulk a low-hitting OTG assist for unblockable setups and combo extensions. I'm having a lot of fun with this team, trying to branch out into more than simply spamming standing H.

I recommend Gamma Tornado H for when opponents inevitably start jumping across the screen towards you. Snags them right out of the air then it's a free combo with Wesker OTG! I pulled this off a couple of times yesterday and the guy ragequit on me.

IMO, Hulk needs to be on point.
Ironic that you say that, since the heavies are specifically designed to be the second characters in your team.

I'm also interested in Arthur, though I can't find a way to make him viable as an anchor and I don't like him on point.
Arthur is an amazing anchor. He can X-Factor cancel his level 3, which has full invincibility on startup and reaches everything below superjump range, and the hyper keeps going. It's a Gravity Squeeze that deals chip damage and hurts assists. He can punish anything, and his Gold Lances infinite when he is in level 3 X-Factor.

I would try something like:
Hulk/Haggar/Arthur

Or:

Taskmaster/Hulk/Spencer.

Never anchor with Hulk.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
God's Beard said:
You mean if Clock was playing Strider/Doom/Phoenix?

I mean no Phoenix...at all.

Speaking of which, East coast has to learn to block/fight Phoenix. I don't think it's going to be as free as it sounds.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Oldschoolgamer said:
I mean no Phoenix...at all.

Speaking of which, East coast has to learn to block/fight Phoenix. I don't think it's going to be as free as it sounds.
no one here plays Jean, besides Rashan.

we have honor :D

LakeEarth

Yeah, if you block a single lance on the ground when he is in xf3, he can just keep throwing them until you're dead since you never leave blockstun.

Dahbomb

DR2K said:
Yeah, most of you probably use Wolverine/Akuma/X teams.
East Coast doesn't use much Wolverines either. More Akumas because there are more Magnetos/Weskers there.
so East team = NerdJosh - Chris G - Marlin Pie - Josh Wong - Yipes(prefer Jago, but...)

others that should be considered, FlashMetroid, Damien, RyRy, Ryan Hart, Master CJ, Evil Rashan, Noel....

West Team...dunno who's captain = X-Ray, Filipino Champ, Clockwork, JWong, Combofiend

Ohters- Tatsu, Floe, Marn, Clanky D, Richard N, Neo, Viscant...
MarlinPie might not be coming to EVO. Yipes has been really inconsistent, Josh Wong can't decide which characters to use and Jago is in the hospital (quit gaming).

Remix and SmoothVipers are regulars too that might be considered in that list. However, a lot of East Coast players have been choking it up. NerdJosh is legitimately good but chokes. Only East Coast player that doesn't choke is ChrisG.

West Coast has this won. I would put in Viscant over Filipino Champ.

Also "best buddies" in the game:

Wolverine + Akuma
She Hulk + Tron
Dante + Haggar
Magneto + Sentinel
C Viper + Dante
Wesker + Iron Man
Spider Man + Doom
Doom + Haggar
Wesker + Ryu
Chris + Hsien Ko
Zero + Dante
Sentinel + Haggar
Dante + Felicia

It seems my posts were posted on Shoryuken and they got solid respect. :D

My EVO posts in case people missed them:

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dahbomb said:
East Coast doesn't use much Wolverines either. More Akumas because there are more Magnetos/Weskers there.

MarlinPie might not be coming to EVO. Yipes has been really inconsistent, Josh Wong can't decide which characters to use and Jago is in the hospital (quit gaming).

Remix and SmoothVipers are regulars too that might be considered in that list. However, a lot of East Coast players have been choking it up. NerdJosh is legitimately good but chokes. Only East Coast player that doesn't choke is ChrisG.

West Coast has this won.
Josh Wong consistently uses Dante and Mag since May, he switches Felicia and Wesker, I wouldn't call that "cant decide".

JeTmAn81

Karsticles said:
Ironic that you say that, since the heavies are specifically designed to be the second characters in your team.

Arthur is an amazing anchor. He can X-Factor cancel his level 3, which has full invincibility on startup and reaches everything below superjump range, and the hyper keeps going. It's a Gravity Squeeze that deals chip damage and hurts assists. He can punish anything, and his Gold Lances infinite when he is in level 3 X-Factor.

I would try something like:
Hulk/Haggar/Arthur

Or:

Taskmaster/Hulk/Spencer.

Never anchor with Hulk.

Not sure about design intentions, but Hulk doesn't make any sense to me on second. He really needs help getting in and extending his combos, and I don't think there is a single assist that can do both of these effectively. He needs a longrange beam assist to help him cover ground and defend against zoners and an OTG assist to keep combos going. On second he'll frequently be reduced to just one of these, and his assists aren't very useful anyway. That's what the guide says, anyway.

IMO, Sentinel + Haggar is not quite as "best friends" as the other options, since Sentinel can't OTG into a full combo. I'd wager that Tron or Iron Man (Repulsar Blast) are better options, or Jam Session (laser spam + Jam Session is wholly evil).

I wish I could figure out Dormammu's best friend - he's so lonely!

Not sure about design intentions, but Hulk doesn't make any sense to me on second. He really needs help getting in and extending his combos, and I don't think there is a single assist that can do both of these effectively. He needs a longrange beam assist to help him cover ground and defend against zoners and an OTG assist to keep combos going. On second he'll frequently be reduced to just one of these, and his assists aren't very useful anyway. The guide seems to concur on these points.
I think his assists are pretty solid; not incredible, but worth picking him for.

Anyway, when the game was in its pre-release state, some players complained that Hulk and Thor were still too slow, and that they had no chance on point. Niitsuma said that heavy characters aren't built to be on point; instead, they are supposed to come in and deal their heavy damage (via DHCs and TACs) after a fast character like Zero or X-23 opens up your opponent. This is supported by Hulk having the highest damage level 1 hyper in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't play him on point. I'm just sharing some history for the sake of amusement.

SmokeMaxX said:
Probably something like Hulk/Ryu/Taskmaster or Ryu/Hulk/Taskmaster.

I'm thinking Hulk/Ryu/Taskmaster would probably be the best option.

JeTmAn81 said:
IMO, Hulk needs to be on point. For my Hulk team I've been practicing with lately I've gone with Hulk/Taskmaster/Wesker. None of them are insanely challenging execution-wise, though Wesker is slightly more demanding than the other two, but really on that team he's mostly there to give Hulk a low-hitting OTG assist for unblockable setups and combo extensions. I'm having a lot of fun with this team, trying to branch out into more than simply spamming standing H.

I recommend Gamma Tornado H for when opponents inevitably start jumping across the screen towards you. Snags them right out of the air then it's a free combo with Wesker OTG! I pulled this off a couple of times yesterday and the guy ragequit on me.

I'm hesitant to learn Wesker. I know he's on the easier end of the cast but he just doesn't feel right when I play him. I should probably just grow a pair and put him on my team anyways because you're absolutely right about how much he helps Hulk.

Karsticles said:

My problem with Arthur as an anchor is it seems you cannot use Golden Armor unless you're sure you are going to kill the opponent. Unless conditions are perfect when the timer clicks, you're going to get destroyed.

Karsticles said:

Haggar. Seriously, if Dormammu's vulnerable and Haggar gets the lariat scoop, it's 600k+ damage every single time if you have a bar.

JeTmAn81

Karsticles said:
IMO, Sentinel + Haggar is not quite as "best friends" as the other options, since Sentinel can't OTG into a full combo. I'd wager that Tron or Iron Man (Repulsar Blast) are better options, or Jam Session (laser spam + Jam Session is wholly evil).

I think his assists are pretty solid; not incredible, but worth picking him for.

Anyway, when the game was in its pre-release state, some players complained that Hulk and Thor were still too slow, and that they had no chance on point. Niitsuma said that heavy characters aren't built to be on point; instead, they are supposed to come in and deal their heavy damage (via DHCs and TACs) after a fast character like Zero or X-23 opens up your opponent. This is supported by Hulk having the highest damage level 1 hyper in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't play him on point. I'm just sharing some history for the sake of amusement.

Hmm, I guess I understand that logic but just as with Haggar, I think that good team design means keeping in mind that at some point each character will have to come in and play on point, and teams should be designed in a way that shores up the weaknesses of each member (Haggar goes second because of this, and only not on point because of how good his assist is). I try to build my Hulk teams with him on point and assist characters which back him up very well but also perform well without him. I just don't think Hulk does very well in any situation where he doesn't have the right assists to back up his many extremely unsafe attacks.

Also, there's always the metagame to consider. I'm amazed and appreciative of how much community play has revealed about the way this game can actually be played. There are so many things not intended by the developers that work so well in this game (the DHC trick for one).

I'm thinking Hulk/Ryu/Taskmaster would probably be the best option.
Taskmaster is not a great anchor.

My problem with Arthur as an anchor is it seems you cannot use Golden Armor unless you're sure you are going to kill the opponent. Unless conditions are perfect when the timer clicks, you're going to get destroyed.
You use XF3 For the Princess to kill one character, then Golden Armor kill the second. Yes, if you fail from here, or let your opponent have a 2-character advantage over you, things are difficult, but that goes for any anchor.

Haggar. Seriously, if Dormammu's vulnerable and Haggar gets the lariat scoop, it's 600k+ damage every single time if you have a bar.
Haggar isn't easy for Dormammu to protect because he's not mobile, yet you have to stay with Haggar to combo off of Double Lariat. It's nowhere near to the degree of Doom/Haggar in excellence, not even remotely. It's just a reasonably good combination because most people like to zone with Dormammu. Plus, IMO, part of being "best friends" is having the ability to DHC together, unless you want to anchor Haggar (lolno).

Hmm, I guess I understand that logic but just as with Haggar, I think that good team design means keeping in mind that at some point each character will have to come in and play on point, and teams should be designed in a way that shores up the weaknesses of each member (Haggar goes second because of this, and only not on point because of how good his assist is). I try to build my Hulk teams with him on point and assist characters which back him up very well but also perform well without him. I just don't think Hulk does very well in any situation where he doesn't have the right assists to back up his many extremely unsafe attacks.
I agree entirely, but I think Hulk still does fine when he's just backed up by one assist. It's not ideal for any character to only have one assist supporting him/her, y'know?

Dahbomb

Luckydude23 said:
Do you have a link to the SRK forums disscussing the posts you made? Wanna see it.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/actual-balance-potential-tiers-discussion.130093/page-158

Thread itself is really, really long.

AzureJericho said:
Christ, can you imagine the lockdown this team could pull off?
Only way that team would work if Phoenix is back up plan on that team and Strider is plan A like Tokido's Wolverine/Phoenix. Strider is a meter hog and even though he builds his own meter he needs to keep burning it to apply pressure/lockdown. His Strider/Ammy/Doom team would make much more sense as he would have two assists to lockdown.

Who would you recommend instead of him? Spencer?
Spencer is good, and Ryu is okay. Taskmaster's problem is that he can't really open opponents up without an assist. So, if your opponent just turtles for a while, you don't have much going for you.

Karsticles said:
Spencer is good, and Ryu is okay. Taskmaster's problem is that he can't really open opponents up without an assist. So, if your opponent just turtles for a while, you don't have much going for you.

I'm guessing what makes Spencer better is BA combined with mobility/decent overheads.

I'll give him a shot, he's one of the few characters I haven't even been in the lab with.

Dahbomb

Someone else seems to agree with me about "best team for MVC3" being Wolverine/XXX/Phoenix with XXX being Akuma/Sentinel/Dante.

Wolverine/Best Friend/Phoenix: Number one team in the game hands down (if your hand is up please put it back down). We have to pray this team doesn't win Evo (but it will). Shit is maaaaad cheap. It's not like other Phoenix teams where they're kinda soft at the start with meter and dont really aim to kill you off immediately outside of resets to continue to play safe and harvest meter. This team is designed to be as cheap as Dark Phoenix from the front and have Dark Phoenix from the back should Wolverine die without burning XF. Your only hope is to snap Phoenix in when you land a hit on Wolvie or XF1 kill Wolvie and his best friend fast enough so that Phoenix has a chance of not getting the 5. If Phoenix lands a combo on you though that's all she needs for the 5 and then you gotta face the final boss. Wolverine in general has a lot of auto pilot advantages over a lot of the other cast and Sentinel/Akuma are still solid characters in their own right even without a great assist and them dying still harvests some meter for the red head. There's probably a little discrepancy between who's better in the middle between Akuma and Sentinel but generally either one brings a uniquely cheap assist to the table for Wolvie and that's about all he needs. Daigo has shown that Dante could easily end up being one of Wolvie's best friends also.

Some stuff about Dante/Haggar/Phoenix:
Dante/Tron or Haggar/Phoenix: Definitely looking to be number 2 team as far as just overall strength in my eyes. Definitely see this team making top 8 at Evo. Dante's zoning game even without another projectile assist is rather strong and can contend even against other teams that have a character that can zone with projectile assist. If he needs to up the ante in the fireball war he can turn on Devil Trigger and get access to the most durable, fastest beam in the game that can't be negated by pushblock even without an assist. Once Dante builds 2 meters to bring himself to 3 meters or more (which is easy as fuck to do with a few real good hours spent in training mode or if you just have good execution period) it's rather safe if he needs to spare building meter to get a 15 percent damage increase and be the absolute power in a firefight for 10 seconds while still having access to a super fast teleport, stupid long range normals and a double sided invincible airborne overhead. The only time you need to worry about activating DT more than once or at all is against another Phoenix team where you're both going to be in the race for the 5.

Which since Dante can win his own firefights the only other thing he has to worry about is people getting in because he will get frame trapped to death if he's gotten in on due to having 8 frame L normals. Which is fine because Tron or Haggar is gonna let you block with your face and set up your own frame traps since they will stop advance guards from the opponent also. A character who can already fully protect themselves from the mid range to have an assist to just throw out to stop close range shit...way too good. Plus if Dante dies and one of these characters has to come out and fight...oh well. They're going to get in what they can and their stupid ass 1.2 million health is going to be nothing but a Thanksgiving feast for the red head even if they dont land one hit first.

Someone mentioned that Sentinel/Haggar is good but Dante/Haggar is completely better because Dante is a completely better version of Sentinel. Completely. Without Sent drones Dante almost puts Sentinel off the radar now. He's too ridiculous. Those Sent drones are a beast assist though.

I agree with this person's assessment (DevilJin's I believe from SRK). 100% on Dante being a better Sentinel minus Drones and + Jam Session and Weasel Shot.

You guys need to fucking see this match at 10:00 min plus. :D I dedicate this match to SolarPowered.

vg260

What's frustrating in this game for me is that I want to play a team using my favorite characters in general (Spidey. Cap, Iron Man), and that might make a horrible team gameplay-wise. It's really easy to get blown up real fast in this game.

That Captain America comeback was GODLIKE. Holy Shit!!!!
I honestly don't think he's a bad character, people are just using him wrong. Charging Star is such an awesome move, but it's unsafe on block - why don't I see more players using assists that make it safe? Call a slower projectile assist, Charging Star, and you have a really strong offense that ends with you in frame advantage in front of your opponent.

I'm guessing what makes Spencer better is BA combined with mobility/decent overheads.
He has an overhead, command throw, mobility, and the ability to punish anything, and the punishment leads to huge damage.

I agree with this person's assessment (DevilJin's I believe from SRK). 100% on Dante being a better Sentinel minus Drones and + Jam Session and Weasel Shot.
I see absolutely no connection between Dante and Sentinel.

What's frustrating in this game for me is that I want to play a team using my favorite characters in general (Spidey. Cap, Iron Man), and that might make a horrible team gameplay-wise. It's really easy to get blown up real fast in this game.
IMO, that's a fine team.

Dahbomb

2&2 said:
2 high execution characters and 2 characters who need an OTG assist which this team has pretty much none of.

Spider Man and Iron Man go together and Iron Man and Captain America go together real nice but Spider Man and Captain America almost never belong together. You have to choose one of them.

Ultimoo said:
Sentinel will crush Dante in the sky, amirite?

frying pan > hammer
The fuck is this? LOL... only way Sentinel can beat Dante in the sky is with Harddrive and I am pretty sure Dante can Vortex through that.

Azure J

Dahbomb said:
Only way that team would work if Phoenix is back up plan on that team and Strider is plan A like Tokido's Wolverine/Phoenix. Strider is a meter hog and even though he builds his own meter he needs to keep burning it to apply pressure/lockdown. His Strider/Ammy/Doom team would make much more sense as he would have two assists to lockdown.

That's exactly how I saw it working, but yeah, it has it's issues.

Dahbomb

Smision said:
I hope the rumors about the phoenix nerf patch are true. Phoenix = steroids in this game.
What rumor? Man there has been a lot of rumors flying around but I haven't had a chance to glance at them.
I see absolutely no connection between Dante and Sentinel.
Basically Dante is better than Sentinel at the one thing he is good at in this game and that's spacing/controlling air space with his high ranged normals. Dante has 2 invincible moves in the air, a diagonal down beam and other shit. On the ground Sentinel is pretty worthless aside from 2 super armored moves. Dante also has about the same damage as Sentinel when all is said and done. And on a Phoenix team when both of them will not have access to that much meter or X Factor, Dante is going to be more useful.

Sentinel can't challenge Dante in the air because of Hammer, in fact no one can. On the ground Dante is also at a very advantageous position and his only weakness is at very close range where his fastest normal is 7 frames easily stuffed out by most rushdown characters... but that's where Haggar comes in. And after a hard knockdown Dante gets way more mileage than Sentinel.

Basically Dante is better than Sentinel at the one thing he is good at in this game and that's spacing/controlling air space with his high ranged normals. Dante has 2 invincible moves in the air, a diagonal down beam and other shit. On the ground Sentinel is pretty worthless aside from 2 super armored moves. Dante also has about the same damage as Sentinel when all is said and done. And on a Phoenix team when both of them will not have access to that much meter or X Factor, Dante is going to be more useful.

Sentinel can't challenge Dante in the air because of Hammer, in fact no one can. On the ground Dante is also at a very advantageous position and his only weakness is at very close range where his fastest normal is 7 frames easily stuffed out by most rushdown characters... but that's where Haggar comes in. And after a hard knockdown Dante gets way more mileage than Sentinel
There are just so many subtler differences than that, though. Dante doesn't have a beam, and he can't cancel it on a whim or call assists during it. Dante has no command grab. Dante has no armor. Dante has no full-screen punishes that instant-kill assists or point characters. Dante has weaker DHC options. Dante doesn't have a launcher attack that covers half the screen. Dante can't combo off of his air throw without certain assists, and he can't combo off of his ground throw at all.

They are just two completely different characters, and yes, Dante has a better offense than Sentinel, and yes, he has attacks with huge range, just like Sentinel.

Sentinel can definitely challenge (challenge, not beat) Dante in the air - Hammer has very little range, j.M's range is huge; Hammer is execution intensive, and it's a lot easier to just jump and his "M" than it is to jump, qcf.L, qcf.L. That shit takes time.

Devil Trigger abilities cost meter. If you want to talk about Dante using Vortex against Sentinel in the air, I can talk about Sentinel Hard Driving his face whenever he tries it.

Sentinel is decidedly superior for backing up Wolverine on a Phoenix team; Jam Session and Weasel Shot aren't nearly as good for pressure and Berserker Slash. Once you block a drone, you're already dead if you're facing Wolverine on point. You can't say the same for Dante.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not trying to say that Sentinel is a better character than Dante, just that I don't think the two are similar enough to even begin to make a claim like "Dante is a better Sentinel". He might just be a better character in general, but that's not the same as making a direct character reference like he could just replace Sentinel on a team.

Neki

Sentinel has won me too many games for me to replace. He's always a member of my team. Even when he isn't on it, he's there in spirit and heart! Those drones will always be pressuring my opponent!

Sentinel has won me too many games for me to replace. He's always a member of my team. Even when he isn't on it, he's there in spirit and heart! Those drones will always be pressuring my opponent!
After losing a few matches thanks to Molecular Shield two nights ago, I went into training mode and experimented with drones with Skrull. I thought, "wow, so much good stuff - I'll give Sentinel another try". Two losses later, I remembered why I dropped the drones, and put Molec - er, Dr. Doom, back on my team.

vg260

Dahbomb said:
2 high execution characters and 2 characters who need an OTG assist which this team has pretty much none of.

Spider Man and Iron Man go together and Iron Man and Captain America go together real nice but Spider Man and Captain America almost never belong together. You have to choose one of them.

Yeah, that's a bummer.

Neki

Karsticles said:
After losing a few matches thanks to Molecular Shield two nights ago, I went into training mode and experimented with drones with Skrull. I thought, "wow, so much good stuff - I'll give Sentinel another try". Two losses later, I remembered why I dropped the drones, and put Molec - er, Dr. Doom, back on my team.
you should just be lame and run hidden missles, make them dash towards or be afraid to press a button so you can set up command throw options with Skrull, lool.

Molecular Shield is better because it lets me Meteor Smash spam with impunity. It makes the move safe at all screen ranges. People have been raging more about my 300 matches of experience Skrull with random Meteor Smash spam than my 2500 game Dormammu. You can still tick throw, and the Molecular Shield has an awesome habit of making people want to jump over it, which sets them up for Elastic Slam H.

Plus, Molecular Shield plus Skrull assist gives me a full 2-bar building combo with Dormammu without Liberations, and the windup on Molecular Shield absorbs projectiles, which is EXTREMELY helpful for Dormammu's most frustrating matchups (bullet characters, basically; their projectiles come out too fast to snuff with M, and Dormammu can't really harass them with Purification, so I just have to rush, even if they have Haggar, which is extremely painful and common). Nothing is more pleasureful than watching Wesker players jump around and spam their guns just to have it all absorbed by Molecular Shield, and then they get hit by Purification.

You know what else Molecular Shield does? It hits BEHIND and ABOVE your character. It shuts down teleporters completely. Hidden Missiles do this too, but it's a nice fact in general.

Hidden Missiles also take a long enough time to come out that I have to actually delay my approach with Dormammu to make them coincide. Dormammu is also not very good at protecting the missiles; he's not like Spider-man, who takes to the air and is still threatening.

Edit: I have ~1000 matches with Doom backing Dormammu. About 400 of those are with Hidden Missiles backing him. About 400 are with Plasma Beam. The last 200 or so are with Molecular Shield; I'm pretty confident that it's the superior choice.

Dahbomb

LOL Sentinel has won me so many matches it's not even funny. Between Drones and X Factor... yeah people still sleep on his ability to kill characters and win matches.

But if I had the execution I would still prefer Dante over him.

Neki

I must admit that I lost to a Skrull spamming meteor smash in ranked and I was salty as hell. Because I know it was coming, but I couldn't do anything to stop it, especially if there's lag.

Go for your dreams! I finally found happiness in not going for the ultimate Dormammu team, but instead a "pretty good" one with characters I like using.

I must admit that I lost to a Skrull spamming meteor smash in ranked and I was salty as hell. Because I know it was coming, but I couldn't do anything to stop it, especially if there's lag.
And when he's X-Factored, everyone jumps around like it matters - they're all so free to Elastic Slam. I still suck with him, but I also love his playstyle. For years, all I wanted was for Anakaris to be able to combo out of his throw.

I wish Skrull had Elastic Slam M as an assist. It would go just beyond Flame Carpet...

Bwahahaha!

Neki

it's because no one online is crazy enough to use command throws, real talk. many whiffed command throws from Sentinel has made me angsty to try it. How safe are the Skrull command throw options?

Dahbomb

If Super Skrull had the M Elastic Slam then that would be the saltiest assist ever.

I still remember the days when people got salty over MVC2 Zangief Command grab assist. That shit was CHEAP... back in the day.

How safe are the Skrull command throw options?
Not safe at all but they have absurd range so if they are far away you probably won't get punished hard. In fact, most of Skrull's options aren't that safe it's why he needs Drones or Rocks.

it's because no one online is crazy enough to use command throws, real talk. many whiffed command throws from Sentinel has made me angsty to try it. How safe are the Skrull command throw options?
Ridiculously unsafe and yomi-based. They have 21 startup frames, so you pretty much have to know where your opponent will be when you do them, or have yourself covered if you screw up. I don't remember their recovery, but it's long enough that a whiffed Elastic Slam pretty much always results in Skrull dying.

Honestly, most of my kills with Sentinel come via command throw. On any incoming character, I call Dark Hole while using j.H, j.S, and Sentinel lands just before Dark Hole's blockstun ends, making for a perfect tick throw. Works 95% of the time, then I Rocket Punch, Hyper Sentinel Force, X-Factor, etc.

I like that Skrull has the ability to be scary no matter where his opponent is on the screen, much like Dormammu. I also like that all three of my characters can infinite OTG assists, and all of them are good anchors. It's a solid team with the only serious weakness being that Doom's assist is essential to playing both characters at their fullest, but if you snap Doom in, he's not exactly the easiest character to kill.

I still remember the days when people got salty over MVC2 Zangief Command grab assist. That shit was CHEAP... back in the day.
Once of my teams in MvC2 was Jill/Zangief/Anakaris, and I would just run around spamming summons while throwing command throw assists out there. Keep in mind, I had no clue what I was doing and was terrible, but it was a ton of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom