• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nils said:
Costume ideas/Wish list part 2

M.O.D.O.K.

Only one I can think of, but it's a good one.

Elvis M.O.D.O.K.

320x240
So badass.

shaowebb

And now for your gaming pleasure. MVC3 themed drinks.

DARK PHOENIX RISES
2jajalk.jpg

Ingredients:
1/2 shot Grenadine
lemon flavored jello cubes
3 shots Everclear
Heavily Salted glass

Take a glass and absolutely cover the rim in salt. Pour 1/2 shot of grenadine into it and add lemon Jellow cubes to it (this shot lacks them). Add 3 shots of Everclear.

Light on fire and throw in opponents face.

Azure J

Sixfortyfive said:

I'm sorry, you said watch from 10:15, but there's Mario Kart 64 on from the jump. Watching the full video now. :lol

Will catch up on everything else in the thread shortly, but two things I want to comment on:

Dante/Haggar/Phoenix is that godly? Damn, I knew something involving a Dante/"X character"/Phoenix would do that work, but I never really thought about Haggar until today. I'm still firmly on dat ass Dark Harmonizer Morrigan train and determined to make things happen with it. Next up, in regards to a Super (really hope they don't just straight call it Super MvC3 though) version of the game, agreed on classy suit alts for all characters and all balancing should be done in a true to Marvel spirit way.

[half joking]

This means, everything should get more buffed and broken to counter balance the broken shit going on here already. :lol

[/half joking]

Edit 1: Holy shit @ the Mike Ross comment on Max's X-23 teaser video. :lol
Edit 2: DAT SPIDEY. "Chickenhead status: controlled."
Edit 3: Subway sub is free as oxygen to Sixfortyfive. :lol

smurfx

get some go again
that dante/haggar technology makes me want to pick up dante. i think i would do pretty good with dante/taskmaster/haggar. plus dante has a pretty good assist.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I fear the day someone does what Clockwork is doing for Doom, with Zero. I don't know if he's top 5 yet, but when he has the right assist behind him, it's a total nightmare.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Costume Ideas/Wish List the Finale

Spider-Man

This is Easy Mode. The past few months alone gave us some great new costumes. Some good picks are already in the game, but I must say I don't really like the plasticky textures on them and the overal fuzziness

Future Foundation Spidey:

320x240

Can shift into this

320x240

Which looks like a more techy version of the beloved symbiote suit

Scarlet Spider

320x240

Ulitmate Spider-Man II

320x240

Whoever it ends up being, this guy will be the new Spider-Man for the Ultimate Universe for at least a while

Miguel O'Hara aka Spider-Man 2099

320x240

Storm

Mohawk

320x240

I think Age of Apocalypse Storm, although she looks a lot different than in the original story where she had short hair and no cape

320x240

Ultimate Ororo

320x240

Phoenix-Storm

320x240

Obscure as hell but I can dig it.

Collie Storm

320x240

...okay what the hell...

Super-Skrull

Tricky...Not much to choose from in terms of official stuff, but he (and she technically) is a shapeshifter so they could do something with that. Marvel probably wouldn't allow them to have him mimic the Fantastic Four in appearance, but maybe just an FF costume as a reference. On the other hand the Secret Invasion storyline had Skrull running around in all sorts of copied costumes. They could have him as a vehicle for characters that are well-liked but not featured in the game. Give him a Daredevil, Punisher, whatever...I doubt they'll go for it but handled well it could be cool.

320x240

Ultimate Super Skrull

320x240

Taskmaster

Only one I can think of is his UDON design. Not sure if he has any notable others.

338x448

Oh for fucks sake! Turns out the last batch didn't resize....Hope the larger images aren't too intrusive. It's late and I'd like to get this over with.

Thor

Ultimate Thor. Which is about the only Thor costume I actually care for.

268x301

Alternatively Beta Ray Bill

640x480

Gotta do something to hook that horse girl demographic Marvel

Wolverine

Another character with a huge wardrobe. They picked some good costumes already here, I especially like his black and grey X-Force outfit, but here's some more.

Weapon X

320x240

Someone already posted a suited up Wolverine. I raise you Patch, which was apparently a flawless alias no one could see through.

320x240

He's Patch.

Ultimate Cable

320x240

To clarify: In Ultimate X-Men, Cable is a future version of Wolverine who goes back to the past to capture Professor Xavier, returning with him to the future in order to train him for the coming battle with Apocalypse

Would be an excellent troll on Capcom's part for people who want Cable back/hate Wolverine, but probably too confusing

Daken

267x383

Wolverine's manipulative bastard of a son. Major daddy issues.

And when one Wolverine just isn't enough:

400x603

X-23

Hard to find stuff for her partly because she's one of the more recent characters and doesn't have any wildly specific outfits as far as I can tell.

X-Force facemask

270x400

Found one outfit where she had bulky yellow knee pads, but apparently it didn't upload and I really want to go to bed. May try and find it again tomorrow.

Otherwise I'm probably done with this.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Not my favorite look either but it's pretty distinct.

Dahbomb

Oldschoolgamer said:
I fear the day someone does what Clockwork is doing for Doom, with Zero. I don't know if he's top 5 yet, but when he has the right assist behind him, it's a total nightmare.
This comment is the truth. Zero is a potential S tier character in this game along with Dante, C Viper. His worst match up is Phoenix and everything after that is no worse than a 5/5. He is like Wolverine with better buttons, options and more work needed to make him godlike. People need to realize that the difference between S tier (Wolverine/Phoenix for now) and B+ tier (Dr Doom) isn't that much. A character who is no 1 can easily be beaten by a character who is no 20. I would expect some legitimate upsets to occur at EVO with some characters like Doom tear it up for a few matches.

Zero/Dante/Akuma is a godly team btw.

Nice casting for X-23 in the next Assist Me video. I am hyped for it, especially the technical aspects of it.

The funny part about the Spider Man video was that the guy won only one match from that best of 3 set (didn't even show the last match in the video) but after he did the set up the room/commentators exploded and he took off from his seat. It was as if he won EVO. Dude next to him was just like "LOL WTF?"

Azure J

You know, I'm really honestly surprised that Zero didn't blow up the way Wolverine did as the meta game developed between say Final Round and now. You'd think a character with both mind boggling priority/hit properties and good to great options between zoning and rush down would get looked upon more fondly. There's also the fact that all of his hypers set up really nicely, lend well to X-Factor shenanigans, and his Level 3 is a goddamned home wrecker with properties that lend to many salty birthday parties. Maybe people are just scared because of the "low" relative health he has versus others?

Dahbomb

Everyone knows Zero is good, no one is going to say he is bad and most will say he is top 5 worthy or at the very least top 10.

Kind of being slept on in the highest levels of play. Health matters but Zero has the two things in this game that allows him to live on his low health: Small hit box and high priority attacks.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Zero is my personal pick for most overrated in the game at present considering the amount of talk he currently gets on SRK without having any of the results to show for it. He plays similarly to his TvC self but without half of his TvC pressure game (hooray for Advancing Guard working correctly now), and I already thought he was overrated in that game to begin with.

The only thing he has that's "lol Marvel" is jumping C. Gotta have more than that before you can start flaunting around labels like "top 5."

SolarPowered said:
I figured that you heard me congratulate you yesterday on the good games, Sixfortyfive, but I'm not sure if you heard me(I got the mic and all). Those games were pretty good. I've been buried under a mountain of homework and I'm still at it right now so I haven't been able to post much, but I wanted to ask....

What did you think of those fights yesterday?
ggs all around. I noticed that you did a lot better with Hsien-Ko once you started keeping yourself at just the right distance for her H's to hit. Good range on her normals is one thing she's got going for her, at least. If you really want to activate gold armor without running the risk of getting rushed down, consider starting with dog/zombie/succubus as the team order, build one bar, then DHC into it and hard tag out.

Try not to use Morrigan's standing H in combos; it scales terribly. As for me, I know I mash a lot when I'm playing online. I've forgotten how impossible it is to use Felicia well online.

I'm really curious how exactly leaks hurt their bottom line and if there's any real proof. I'm not discounting what they're saying, I'm just curious how that translates into lost sales. Apparently it derails marketing plans which cost money to plan, but I'm skeptical that it really costs them money. Do people really lose interest by knowing what characters are in ahead of time? Perhaps they meant to keep the "hidden' characters hidden until after release. It seems like a really hard thing to quantify,even more so than, say, lost sales to piracy.
It's more the game flying off of people's radar. A regular reveal period keeps people on the edge of their seats. When a leaked roster appears, a lot of people go "ah cool, I know the roster now", and they don't click the refresh button on SRK every 5 minutes hoping for a reveal during SDCC and such. Those people, not fully gripped by the game, end up buying used more often, etc.

Sales for Super Street Fighter IV and MVC3 say they make no difference.
SSFIV sold substantially less then SFIV. MvC3 and SSFIV have largely different markets. Capcom believes that the large sales difference between SSFIV and SFIV is largely due in part to the early leak.

M.O.D.O.K.

Only one I can think of, but it's a good one.
I want MODOK with a paper bag over his head...basically, his entire body.

Honestly here is where I'd try and add some joke costumes. Give me a Sentinel with Gundam colours, a sombrero, anything

Don't have much inspiration for serious picks here, aside from this one and classic Sentinel
Sentinel in a dress. Haters would buy it just to beat him up in training mode.

I always wanted this version of She Hulk in:

http://images.wikia.com/marveldataba...9_Textless.jpg
Basically She Hulk + pants? Haha.

To clarify: In Ultimate X-Men, Cable is a future version of Wolverine who goes back to the past to capture Professor Xavier, returning with him to the future in order to train him for the coming battle with Apocalypse
This is why I cannot take Marvel seriously.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Karsticles said:
This is why I cannot take Marvel seriously.

The original Cable's origin is pretty bad too considering he's the offspring of Scott and a clone of Jean that was sent into the future where some woman made an evil clone twin. Lots of things in comics are silly but I tend to look past them though I can totally get why a lot of people wouldn't.

Anyway, look what Niitsuma just tweeted.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ryota_Niitsuma/status/87914041577713664

@Ryota_Niitsuma
新妻 良太@CAPCOM
Yeah, I'm going. RT @Veg1v0 Hello Niitsuma-san will you be at Comic-Con?

Sixfortyfive said:
ggs all around. I noticed that you did a lot better with Hsien-Ko once you started keeping yourself at just the right distance for her H's to hit. Good range on her normals is one thing she's got going for her, at least. If you really want to activate gold armor without running the risk of getting rushed down, consider starting with dog/zombie/succubus as the team order, build one bar, then DHC into it and hard tag out.

Try not to use Morrigan's standing H in combos; it scales terribly. As for me, I know I mash a lot when I'm playing online. I've forgotten how impossible it is to use Felicia well online.
Yup, I've been putting in some lab time and her H is terrible for damage. Doesn't help that she doesn't have to many combo options on the ground either.

Grecco

Nils said:
The original Cable's origin is pretty bad too considering he's the offspring of Scott and a clone of Jean that was sent into the future where some woman made an evil clone twin. Lots of things in comics are silly but I tend to look past them though I can totally get why a lot of people wouldn't.

Anyway, look what Niitsuma just tweeted.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ryota_Niitsuma/status/87914041577713664

Not a shock. Only real question is if its going to be more DLC or an actual new disk release.

DR2K

Banned
SSFIV sold substantially less then SFIV. MvC3 and SSFIV have largely different markets. Capcom believes that the large sales difference between SSFIV and SFIV is largely due in part to the early leak.

That's just ridiculous. SSFIV was an expansion on a disc. Show a source to Capcom losing a million sales over a leak, please do.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
DR2K said:
That's just ridiculous. SSFIV was an expansion on a disc. Show a source to Capcom losing a million sales over a leak, please do.
For real.

IIRC, Super sold about half that of SF4 and Capcom was pleased with that. You can't expect an update to match the sales of the original.

I don't need to prove anything. Obviously I don't have access to their internal sales data. Feel free to go off and nag Sven or Seth for it. I'm sure you know better than Capcom.

Neki

Grecco said:
Zero is really really really good. He is top 5 in the game, results in tourneys are an outlier.
Don't we determine which characters are good by tournament results? If we didn't, any character God's Beard played would be top tier.

lol

DR2K

Banned
Karsticles said:
I don't need to prove anything. Obviously I don't have access to their internal sales data. Feel free to go off and nag Sven or Seth for it. I'm sure you know better than Capcom.

Where was it stated though?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
DR2K said:

I can understand that it would have at least a marginal impact on sales, but it's something that would be incredibly hard to gauge. It's probably more a question of losing that momentum of excitement and hype. It's like when the Xbox 360 slim announcement leaked the day before the E3 conference last year. What would have been a surprise at the conference was now an "Eh, we knew about that already. Show us some new stuff".

A lot of the hype in fighting games pre-release is about the character roster. In this game people have been speculating about the roster ever since its announcement and we never stopped producing character wish lists since the game came out. If a company like Capcom wants to tap into that and orchestrate a marketing campaign centered around systematic character reveals, it's very understandable they'd be pissed that the roster leaks 6 months in advance or something.

Like Karsticles said, it probably doesn't impact the hardcore crowd who are extremely likely to pick up the game regardless, but I can see how it would somewhat kill or put a damper on the interest of the people who don't really care about the mechanics, netplay etc but kept tuning in for character speculations/confirms.

DR2K

Banned
Nils said:
I can understand that it would have at least a marginal impact on sales, but it's something that would be incredibly hard to gauge. It's probably more a question of losing that momentum of excitement and hype. It's like when the Xbox 360 slim announcement leaked the day before the E3 conference last year. What would have been a surprise at the conference was now an "Eh, we knew about that already. Show us some new stuff".

A lot of the hype in fighting games pre-release is about the character roster. In this game people have been speculating about the roster ever since its announcement and we never stopped producing character wish lists since the game came out. If a company like Capcom wants to tap into that and orchestrate a marketing campaign centered around systematic character reveals, it's very understandable they'd be pissed that the roster leaks 6 months in advance or something.

Like Karsticles said, it probably doesn't impact the hardcore crowd who are extremely likely to pick up the game regardless, but I can see how it would somewhat kill or put a damper on the interest of the people who don't really care about the mechanics, netplay etc but kept tuning in for character speculations/confirms.

The problem with that theory is that hearing and seeing something are 2 different things. The hype was still there.

Where was it stated though?
Seth mentions it in pretty much every interview when someone brings leaks up with him. Usually he says something like this:
"As a fan, I understand why people post leaks and videos of things - there's a lot of hype. When I was just a fan, I probably would have done the same thing. Knowing what I know now, though, I would be tempted, but I know it's worse for the game in the long run, so I probably wouldn't".

After the SSFIV leak, Capcom fired a ton of staff. Leaks legitimately hurt their business. It has been a long time since SSFIV came out; this isn't exactly something that's easy to google.

I'm not saying that every single sale that was lost between SFIV and SSFIV was due to the leak. I have no idea where that claim came from, but it wasn't on my wide. I am saying that it hurt sales. By how much? Only Capcom has any idea.

Right. Imagine if, day 1 of MvC3's announcement, Niitsuma said: "Megaman? No, I'm not bothering with him."

How many fans of that character would have lost interest and moved on to other games?

The problem with that theory is that hearing and seeing something are 2 different things. The hype was still there.
It depends on who you are. I have a friend who is in good communication with a Capcom staffer that leaked some info to him previously. He regretted knowing it, and now he intentionally veils himself because it ruins all of the hype for him. If it doesn't ruin the hype for you, that's great. It doesn't ruin the hype for me either - for me, the hype is all about getting the game and experimenting with characters and teams.

We are not the average purchaser, though. The average purchaser never goes beyond spam and magic series combos, and claims the game is shallow and boring a month or two after release, then goes on to buy Mortal Kombat 9. If you can't hook that average purchaser, you're losing a lot of sales. The average purchaser has a very short attention span.

Dahbomb said:
This comment is the truth. Zero is a potential S tier character in this game along with Dante, C Viper. His worst match up is Phoenix and everything after that is no worse than a 5/5. He is like Wolverine with better buttons, options and more work needed to make him godlike. People need to realize that the difference between S tier (Wolverine/Phoenix for now) and B+ tier (Dr Doom) isn't that much. A character who is no 1 can easily be beaten by a character who is no 20. I would expect some legitimate upsets to occur at EVO with some characters like Doom tear it up for a few matches.

Zero/Dante/Akuma is a godly team btw.
I've been maining Zero since almost day 1, so I'll chime in.

At my level of play, Zero's health is a pretty big deal. He gets hit with one combo and he's toast.

His combos require good execution. Jump heights/angles need to be done carefully or characters will drop out of combos. You have to be very mindful of hitstun deterioration when extending his combos. Wolverine doesn't really have to deal with any of that. All this becomes more difficult when you play online with lag.

I think the next thing I need to do to level up my Zero is learn to switch the buster charging button outside of combos instead of always using A. That will allow me to use crouching A, instand overhead A, Raikousen A, ground Hienkyaku A, and air Hienkyaku A to help me apply pressure.

Grecco

enzo_gt said:
Second for godlike DHC glitch. Marn and that other GDLK Zero player I can't remember the name of say hello.

DHC is part of it, Zero ive noticed works best with meter. His lvl 3 is godly, being able to punish asissts with it makes it one of the best lvl 3s in the game, so hes better at seccond with someone who can build him meter, than coming in on point.

Grecco

Don't get too exciting about it, but there is one rumor about one character being in SMVC3.

I don't know how reliable this source is, but take it with grain of salt.

Supposedly that there will be one character from Ace Attorney will be in the game.

Cross posted from the other thread. Not sure if real.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Grecco said:
DHC is part of it, Zero ive noticed works best with meter. His lvl 3 is godly, being able to punish asissts with it makes it one of the best lvl 3s in the game, so hes better at seccond with someone who can build him meter, than coming in on point.
This is true. Marn builds a fuckload of meter with his point character (Magneto) and when tagged or DHC glitched in, Zero is at a huge advantage with meter.

Take that recent amazing Zero comeback for example. A lot of heavy meter use contributed to that win, including at least 2 level 3's IIRC. Dude played his cards right when he knew he was on a slanted slope.

Cross posted from the other thread. Not sure if real.
Thus far, the Capcom side that there are clues for:
Frank West (duh)
Phoenix Wright (not just from that source you posted)
Megaman X (duh)
Roll (Niitsuma invited the voice actress for her to an event recently; she hasn't done anything else in games; Niitsuma said he would like to add a few more MM characters, she fits the quota of 1 female minimum, and Japan loves her)
Felyne (Niitsuma mentioned Felyne voice recordings at a recent event; Niitsuma isn't working on any of the Monster Hunter games. MH is one of Capcom's biggest franchises, yet it has no representatives. MH team didn't want a generic "hunter" in, and as much as I would love it, a massive Rathalos is a lot of work for the staff)

So, that's 5 on the Capcom side.

I'm gonna see if I can't steal an interview with Skill at EVO for Neogaf, anyone have questions? I'll try to ask the good ones. I already have a few unusual ones.

DR2K said:
Mad beast should really be one meter.
Well considering that you can build meter with it, I'm sure that there's good uses. Isn't there an infinite blockstring with mad beast? That's five bars right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom