• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Only thing less balanced than AE is MVC2.

Yes I went there.

Oh and it's clear that they went for "least hype to most hype" game of the tournament. Good choice because USA actually has a chance of winning in MVC3 unlike in AE where it's going to be Daigo vs ???.

Khal_B

~Devil Trigger~ said:
or poongko

Is Poongkyo confirmed for evo? Dude should definitely go and make a showing after SS. With his rushdown style I think he'd do really well at Marvel too if he ever decided to pick it up.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dahbomb said:
MK9 is more balanced than MVC3?

I really don't know just asking.
MK9 is still super young, alot of characters have'nt gotten the tourney treatment enough.

But their top tier are already formed

Neki

~Devil Trigger~ said:
MK9 is still super young, alot of characters have'nt gotten the tourney treatment enough.

And I don't know if they will ever get the tourney treatment. I'm really interested to see if MK9 survives as a competitive fighting game after EVO.

Dahbomb said:
Only thing less balanced than AE is MVC2.

Yes I went there.

Oh and it's clear that they went for "least hype to most hype" game of the tournament. Good choice because USA actually has a chance of winning in MVC3 unlike in AE where it's going to be Daigo vs Daigo.
He'll probably play with two sticks, one using his hand and the other using his feet.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
_dementia said:
Welcome back, MTHanded!
The streams have been hype. Sucked not to be able to bring the hypeness in the official stream threads.

Also, one of the buttons on my TE stick decided to stop working. Going to have to open it up and check to see whats going on.

MThanded said:
The streams have been hype. Sucked not to be able to bring the hypeness in the official stream threads.

Also, one of the buttons on my TE stick decided to stop working. Going to have to open it up and check to see whats going on.
Hope it's just the button and not the PCB. I had to send mine back to Madcatz.

Dahbomb

~Devil Trigger~ said:

So basically it's as balanced as MVC3. Obvious top tiers vs unproven potential characters due to early game life vs some obvious low tier characters. Seems par for the course.

Welcome back to MTHanded!

Neki

Dahbomb said:
So basically it's as balanced as MVC3. Obvious top tiers vs unproven potential characters due to early game life vs some obvious low tier characters. Seems par for the course.

Welcome back to MTHanded!

Except MK9 developers patch the game way more often than MvC3. Not sure if that's a good thing though.

Ultimoo said:
Except MK9 developers patch the game way more often than MvC3. Not sure if that's a good thing though.
It's causing problems for Evo apparently. None of the MK9 DLC will be active for Evo apparently.

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
It's probably better for MK9. You have to realize how wide reaching a very small nerf/buff is in MVC3.

Say they made Gustaff Flame SLIGHTLY more vulnerable when it comes out. Not only is that an automatic nerf to Tron because that is the main usage of her in most teams.... it's a nerf on all those characters who rely on Tron heavily like She Hulk. So She Hulk and Tron drop in tiers.

When She Hulk and Tron drop in tiers, all those characters/teams who were weak against this set up get buffed. Any other character who has an assist like Tron (like Haggar) gets an automatic buff because now there is more reason to use Haggar over Tron. Every character (like Dante) who was very good with Haggar gets buffed too because Haggar moved up a tier as best assist character.

And so forth. The fact that there are pairs and teams mean a nerf on one is a nerf on the whole team. Like if they nerfed Akuma Tatsu that's a nerf on Wolverine too.

MThanded

_dementia said:
Hope it's just the button and not the PCB. I had to send mine back to Madcatz.
If its the PCB I will probably go ahead and dual mod it. I have been using the vshg on the ps3 and the TE on the 360 up until now.

smurfx

get some go again
i fought 3 high lord matches and lost them all because of x factor. feels bad man. :( i was winning so easily too. this ssf4 pad sometimes screws up half circle and fucks up my haggar level 3's too.

Checking in and it seems like things have picked up a bit. Zero will definitely have chance to shine as the game evolves. He's an annoying little bugger with tools that nearly rival Wolvie's stuff.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Played some ranked after a loooong break. Kept getting matched up against people who can't play the game. Fought the same M.O.D.O.K./Captain America/... guy 4 times in a row. The only thing he would do was psionic blaster and shield slash and while it's easy as hell to win against those players it's not very fun.

Next I got matched up against a Dormammu/Iron Man/Phoenix team. Guy wasn't much better but I lost due to messing up my snapbacks then dropping a combo on Phoenix when I had the killshot. Ended up chipping her out with Dormammu's Chaotic Flame but she got the 5th bar on the last hit and lost due to poor defense.

The game then matched me up against the guy again. Killed all his characters at around the 60 second mark and had his Phoenix at 10% health. Proceded to run away the entire time using X-23's aerial dives and because the guy had no clue about the tracking version of her projectiles. Eventually he got frustrated the last 5 seconds, used a meter while Dormammu was chilling in the air. Landed. Chaotic Flame. HYPER COMBO K.......Waiting for the other player.

Not very spectacular because the guy wasn't any good, but oh so satisfying. I'm thinking of switching my Xbox Live region to US again though. Had it set that way since 1 vs 100 and only recently set it to my acutal country again. My fellow Europeans aren't very good at Marvel and the game keeps matching me with those same people regardless of how long I wait between rounds. Don't notice any significant lag difference either and if there is any I'll take the more diverse/skilled player base over what is thrown at me now.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dahbomb said:
His buttons are generally unrivaled in this game especially stuff like cr.B and j.C. Very few characters can consistently beat out Zero's normals. Combined with his own small hit box it becomes very difficult to get a hit on Zero. A lot of his normals are + on block.
I dunno if I agree with any of these points. His normals are good, but not that stupid. I've never felt like he was difficult to approach, even with strictly melee characters. He's also rather middle-of-the-road on height, so I'm not sure where you're getting your "difficult to hit" stuff from.

Don't get me wrong. I think Zero is an all-around effective character. I just don't see anything he has that's particularly problematic to deal with or anything that gives a particularly high return off of minimal investment when it comes to either execution or risk/reward, at least when compared to the current popular characters.

Prototype-03 said:
Also, since we're talking about other cross overs, Capcom v. Tatsunoko's Baroque system would fit pretty well in mvc3. Wonder why that system is gone.
Baroque would be absolutely retarded without Mega Crash to keep it in check. It would make XF3 look like child's play. And I don't really want Mega Crash in this game; I like spending my meter on hypers.

Those systems worked fine in TvC imo but I wouldn't want them to be x-copied into Marvel.

kirblar

Ultimoo said:
When your game is as messed up as MK9 it's a necessary thing.

Marvel doesn't really need that, but it is going to need them. Larger, SFIVAE-scope balance updates that alter a lot of things at once are probably the way to go. Without the Yun-type BS, of course.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oldschoolgamer said:
Nah, Mike Ross got #1. I don't think anybody would have thought he was going to catch that many bodies at SS.

I didn't see any of his matches. Do you have a link and a timeframe for some? Would love to see him do well at EVO in both AE and Marvel.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
That one I caught. I thought you were referring to his Marvel matches at SS.

Anth0ny

Dahbomb said:
TOP 10 MOMENTS BEFORE EVO

Bionic arm/Combofiend got robbed. :(

As much as I love Mike Ross, #1 has to be Justin Wong vs. Tokido at CEO. Japan beat USA at Marvel. If that's not number one on a list leading up to EVO, what the fuck is? USA vs. Japan is Marvel is going to be the talk of the tourney. We all know Japan is going to body everyone in AE >_>

Bionic marn definitely should be higher too. Also, where's Smooth Viper vs. Noel Brown irl? lol

mr. puppy

Banned
Ultimoo said:
And I don't know if they will ever get the tourney treatment. I'm really interested to see if MK9 survives as a competitive fighting game after EVO.

i agree.

the animations are stupid, all of the characters have the same fucking normals, they all move the same, have the cast is either a ninja or a slutty ninja, they all have projectiles, and combo breakers are retarded.

mr. puppy said:
i agree.

the animations are stupid, all of the characters have the same fucking normals, they all move the same, have the cast is either a ninja or a slutty ninja, they all have projectiles, and combo breakers are retarded.
Kung Lao and Jax are ninjas?

MThanded

Twitter
lupinko Lance Lingos
Apparently fanboys and nerds will be shitting bricks with dem picks
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

lupinko Lance Lingos
Capcom be stealing yo monies, word
1 hour ago

lupinko Lance Lingos
Say wut nig? Dat supa had dem many new characters? Yo damn right it did

Is this talk mvc3 related?

Grecco

My guess its 18-20 characters. (Getting to 56 like MVC2)

1.Gambit
2.Doc Ock
3.Sentry
4.Venom
5.Spiderwoman
6.Elektra
7.Cable
8.Green Goblin
9.Cyclops
10.Ms Marvel

1.Megaman X
2.Franziska Von Karma.
3.Frank West
4.Bison
5.Jin
6.Strider
7.Vergil
8.Juri
9.Gene
10.Captain Comando

My guess anywways.

MThanded

Maybe they will do DLC and disc release the same way as AE? I'm expecting big news from comic-con.

MThanded said:

Cup your hands around the button and blow into it with your hot air breath (not an insult, I can't think of the damn proper name for it). That's a pretty quick fix that I've used on my stick once.

Also, I've seen a lot of Wolverine talk in this thread. Though we aren't talking about the right problem. His dive kick is fine really, what needs to be nerfed like hell is Berserker Slash. Seriously H+Assist xx Berserker Slash L/M/H is all you need to start a combo. That there is 50/50 block and leads to real big damage. Honestly, dive kick is incredibly easy to block - it's not even an overhead.

Neki

the huge hitbox on dive-kick and the fact that it ground bounces you if you touch a button in the air is a problem though. basically means that if you jump, you can't press anything if he's above you or beside you or he's going to get a full combo.

Ultimoo said:
the huge hitbox on dive-kick and the fact that it ground bounces you if you touch a button in the air is a problem though. basically means that if you jump, you can't press anything if he's above you or beside you or he's going to get a full combo.

Hmmm, I see that being true. Personally I've never had a problem with hitting something before dive kick hits me. I almost always empty jump when in the air (Wolverine exclusive strategy now that I think about it :lol), unless I know something will be safe from that kind of stuff or I know I'm at a higher ground advantage.

Also, when Wolvie OTG's and has to call assist after landing Dive Kick Ground Bounce, doesn't that nerf some of the damage from the second part of the combo? If it does, I'd rather eat that damage than the one from the ground which leads into a Wolvie only combo.

I've always found the Berseker Slash stuff a lot more infuriating. You have to be incredibly lucky with that, as it's essentially a 50/50 on the block left or right deal. You can bait Dive Kick and block > advance guard, pushing him right outside of range again.

I'm not saying Dive Kick isn't a problem at all though, that thing has a seriously chunky hit-box. I'm just a lot more convinced that Berserker Slash is what makes Logan so dangerous.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Lupinko Twitter

"All I know is dat shit will be goin' clockw0rk, hype bitches cuz he be comin' for ya neo"

I'm interpreting this as
StriderStriderStrider

Ultimoo said:

Ultimatly that costs you nothing, just be ready to tech a grab and you're good, if you have the right assist you'll be able to punish it. The only issue I have with dive-kick is the otg element of it, maybe even the stupid hit-stun on counter hits. X-factor cancelling my blockstun and then killing him in a free combo has become my favourite was to kill Wolvies.

As Touchdown says, berserker slash is a huge issue. It's better than other teleports as it's invulnerable up to the hit, utterly safe, and has a huge hit box meaning it takes less effort to set up that other characters teleport mix-ups. That along with his instant overhead with the ease in which he combos after it, and the amount of damage he gets off of his combos with the dive-kick extension are his best tools.

Using the dive-kick as a way to get in is a vastly over-rated tool, it's easy to see the angle he'll come in at and punish if he does it too high and as I mentioned before it's a free character kill if you have x-factor.

shaowebb

LeMaximilian said:
Lupinko Twitter

"All I know is dat shit will be goin' clockw0rk, hype bitches cuz he be comin' for ya neo"

I'm interpreting this as
StriderStriderStrider

That Lupinko post is DEFINITELY referring to this famous money matchup and only one character of clockw0rk could be coming for Neo like a freightrain...

Well that confirms what I suspected to be the most likely announcement Capcom would make about any new cast. STRIDER IS BACK. Now if we see cyclops, psylocke, rogue, cable and iceman you will have most of the deadly team build characters back.

One at a time I will see the past return to haunt the present.

Dandy J

mr. puppy said:
and its a much better competitive game than mvc3. go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom