• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

mr. puppy said:
wow i can't believe nerdjosh is bitching out on shehulk/task/tron and is joining phoenix land. the only reason why that guy doesn't win anything is because his execution is terrible.

I want to see every team in evo top8 have Wolverine and/or Phoenix in the team.

Dirtbag

sleepykyo said:
One want to see every team in evo top8 have Wolverine and/or Phoenix in the team.

It's still better then MvC2 in terms of character whoring. You at least see variety in the accomping picks.

Caj814

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I go with Scarlet Witch

She does a Hyper Combo where she takes all your meter and you cant use any specials for 30 seconds.

DONE/
Hmmm
Phoenix: I can't control it!

Scarlet Witch: Yes. . .you can!

Phoenix: No worries here!

Announcer: LEVEL 1

Hey guys, don't post too much in this thread, but I was wondering if you think if there is a real possibility to have the top 3 of Evo this year become shadow battles? Do you think there would even be a demand for it? I never got any of the paid Shadow battles yet, but if they are done well, I think I would like to at least try it out.

And I guess if you have had problems getting events on the PS3 they should be up now.

shaowebb

GekigangerV said:
Hey guys, don't post too much in this thread, but I was wondering if you think if there is a real possibility to have the top 3 of Evo this year become shadow battles? Do you think there would even be a demand for it? I never got any of the paid Shadow battles yet, but if they are done well, I think I would like to at least try it out.

And I guess if you have had problems getting events on the PS3 they should be up now.

In an attempt to show continued fan support for DLC I'm one of the guys who went ahead and got all the shadow battles so I can tell you a bit about them.

Mainly its like playing 3 different skill levels with most packs. One easy, one medium, and one final team thats noticeably harder. The thing is most times all three teams are inferior to even online 9th rangers. There are a few packs that were set up to be noticeably harder and they gradually tried to keep them all like that after awhile seeing that most didn't want to pay to play a pathetically controlled AI.

One of the better ones they did was actually team Avengers with Iron man, Captain America and Thor ( I forget the order). That team legitimately used assist coverage, assist extensions and knew big boy combos. I think a few of the other teams with Akuma did this as well, but generally if your already at home and not struggling at a 9th ranked anything then these won't really tickly your fancy too often other than as an excuse outside of player matches to try busting tricky combos during clutch moments outside of practice with friends offline.

They were cheap and I had my moneys worth of fun given the price, so it was alright. Course this is coming from someone who hit 9th, left for weeks to do portfolio, came back so scrubby that when running rematches to learn strategies he actually did so poorly he got ranked down.

sigh...so free.

I gotta pick up my old team of Wolverine/Ryu/Taskmaster again someday, but I'm just too determined to keep working on a point for my ?/Ryu/Sentinel to try and make a beefy Ryu focused team. Chun-li worked well given her air dash crosses up so pretty with sent drones. Lots of meter built and her assist works good for extending stuff with Ryu.I may keep working her.

Dirtbag

Chun-Li is pretty good anti-wolvie tech I'm noticing. I ran into a string of chung-li on point teams yesterday and they all gave my wolvie trouble.
Way more of her moves took priority then I expected, even vs. the mighty dive kick.

smurfx

get some go again
oh man i just bodied this one 5th lord and his phoenix team. i think it was 4 times in a row on ranked. one time i happy birthday'd his phoenix and didn't even notice till i heard her scream. i laughed at that one. his phoenix was garbage but it still felt good.

I think level 2 x-factor is my favorite x-factor. Massive damage, your combos don't fuck up as much, you still get infinites and you still have an assist :-D

It'd be enough for me to put Phoenix on second if it weren't for that pesky mixup coming in.

smurfx

get some go again
God's Beard said:
I think level 2 x-factor is my favorite x-factor. Massive damage, your combos don't fuck up as much, you still get infinites and you still have an assist :-D

It'd be enough for me to put Phoenix on second if it weren't for that pesky mixup coming in.
yeah x factor 2 is usually best. i usually use it if my zero is dead and activate it when somebody is trying to get me and then usually kill them with one taskmaster combo. although x factor 3 with haggar is so awesome when i manage to catch people. not that many people must know of his level 3 or something because i almost catch everybody with it. as soon as haggar is the only one left they start attacking him like he can't do shit in return.

Anth0ny

that sucks if nerd josh is turning to the dark side. he was actually doing a pretty damn good job snapping phoenix in and killing her at WNF last week. but it must hurt losing to phoenix over and over and over at tourneys... such is the metagame.

If I were him, I'd stick it out with his current team, and bank on Super nerfing Phoenix.

smurfx

get some go again
Anth0ny said:
that sucks if nerd josh is turning to the dark side. he was actually doing a pretty damn good job snapping phoenix in and killing her at WNF last week. but it must hurt losing to phoenix over and over and over at tourneys... such is the metagame.

If I were him, I'd stick it out with his current team, and bank on Super nerfing Phoenix.
hopefully justin wong will unveil some incredible anti phoenix technology at evo. i'm hoping that happens and not him picking up phoenix to win the tournament. i couldn't fault him though since there will be a lot of money at stake.

Neki

smurfx said:
get a 360 you! join the real fighting game community. :p
PSN has the best players, why would I leave the best community? har. Do you have Karst, Chavelo, Seph and GreatRazor? DIDN'T THINK SO.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the one pack with the Seth Killian bot to show at least some support and downloaded both characters at release. Speaking of the current DLC. I've noticed the event modes are slowing down. Last week and this one we only got 1 mission. I'm wondering if they're planning to give us the by then last 4-5 in one batch the week of Comic Con. Not that it matters much.

Now that the events are drawing to a close, what's the general feedback? In my opinion some events were nice, but the implementation felt clunky and they should have shipped the game with some events already unlocked to make the game feel less barebones at release. Also annoying is that it teased stuff like 1 vs 3 mode or 1 vs 1 etc while restricting those options to arcade mode.

Lastly making you able to choose the difficulty of arcade mode pretty much killed the challenge for most. For Super/Ultimate Marvel I'm hoping for a more fleshed out mode that doesn't latch on to Arcade Mode and AI adapted to each event. More like the event mode in SSBM which added a lot of replay value for me and featured some genuinely intersting scenarios to play through.

Neki

1v1 Marvel was the best. It was basically first hit wins. Or get touched by Sentinel once and get raped. I also liked the no healing between matches event, that was epic.

h3ro

shaowebb said:
I love you for that post. Forget his stupid funeral, because everything else he ever did was pure awesome. Someone more powerful than Superman in the Marvel universe with powers matching Molecule man as well suffering from paranoia, and alternate personalities...he was so damned awesome of a read.

He nearly broke the entire Marvel universe simply by existing because it was unequipped to handle him. He was a Marvel event in the making.

2w1woqw.jpg

BELIEVE.

Marvel canon is such a damn black whole for me. I just started reading about Sentry and an hour later, I ended up on this badass mutha:
20Bqs.jpg

Ultimate Juggs. Dude's about to make me his hooka' now.

Razor210

Oldschoolgamer said:
Chun Li tech.

An infinite that actually looks dope.
Against Chun-Li, you have a 1/3 chance of not losing a character!

Wait a second...what if a team was Wolverine/Chun/Phoenix, and you had the infinite down pat? You save X-Factor for Phoenix, and a 2/3's chance of TOD on any character, since Wolverine just rolls with Berserker Slashes.

Welp, that's slightly broken

Neki

I never understand the fascination with Juggernaut. He seems like a very one dimensional character game-play wise, does he have command grabs or anything? Otherwise, he seems like he'd have a hard time getting in, like Sentinel, but Sentinel has zoning + mobility + assists. I suppose if Juggernaut had really good armor on some of his moves, he'd be better.

Ultimoo said:
I never understand the fascination with Juggernaut. He seems like a very one dimensional character game-play wise, does he have command grabs or anything? Otherwise, he seems like he'd have a hard time getting in, like Sentinel, but Sentinel has zoning + mobility + assists. I suppose if Juggernaut had really good armor on some of his moves, he'd be better.
This is Marvel. That isn't why people play the game.

Neki

I guess so, I just can't imagine myself playing a character that I would never win a game with. Half the fun is winning, at least for me. Getting beat down while playing your favourite characters doesn't sound fun to me, lol.

Ultimoo said:
I guess so, I just can't imagine myself playing a character that I would never win a game with. Half the fun is winning, at least for me. Getting beat down while playing your favourite characters doesn't sound fun to me, lol.
It isn't, but there's no way to tell if you could win with him until we see him. He might have Super Armor on all his normals and specials, and Hyper Armor on every super. His L3XF might give him unlimited Super Armor or something retarded. There's no way to tell.

h3ro

I think Juggs would be sick if he had a shadow run projectile like Noob Saibot in MK9. I guess they could explain it as a momentum energy thing to keep Mahvel happy.

I just want to hear the I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch clip at every tourney so _dementia and I can talk about these Jamaican colors and our bloody chests.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ultimoo said:

Mike Z's Juggernaut team. He has ridiculous armor on some of his moves. His damage is outrageous too.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ultimoo said:
3 hits into Hyper does 95% damage on a low life character?

:|

Yep. I think he has a move where he starts glowing and stores power, like angry scar, or some ish. Crazy damage.

edit: lol. Low health? Nah. On anybody.

man I'm so glad I swapped to a lower execution team than Magneto/Doom/Amaterasu. With Dormammu/Iron Man/Phoenix the only things I've been working on until now were setups and resets, which I think makes me a stronger player. I've still got a few more things to work on, but my trademark strategy is something I started working on today ^_^

My main goal is to build 3 charges/ land a hit with Dormammu, extend the combo with assists, then aerial exchange(side/down) to Iron Man, staircase, OTG, relaunch, air exchange(side/down/up) to phoenix, staircase, OTG, reset.

Builds 4 bars and ends with Phoenix on point, instant Dark Phoenix. If they break the air exchange, no big deal since I wasn't going to do much more damage anyway without meter.

Anyway, the idea is to get Dark Phoenix out as fast as possible, and have her backed up by Iron Man's beam assist, making her teleport mixups even worse. Plus, you can't run away from a full team ^_^

Iron Man can pretty much fight on his own, and liberation assist is a retarded good punish vs phoenix teams(lvl3 explosion), and retarded good lockdown/assist punish vs anything else(meteor rain). If Dormammu or Iron Man dies, then I'll use lvl 2 xfactor with normal phoenix for the trap infinite to kill a character. If phoenix dies, then lvl 2 xfactor for an Iron Man combo for a kill or for Dormammu chip vs phoenix teams.

My hope is that this is a viable anti-wolverine team with heavy zoning and long range normals, as well as a hard counter to phoenix teams with dormammu/phoenix. Against other teams, a good mix of zoning and rushdown(thank god for beam assists) should keep me afloat. I've been playing a pretty good amount, but PSN is so meh. Plus, I still need to practice Iron Man resets, which is going to be a major tool since I don't use his super difficult combos.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can I just go ahead and say that Smurfx has some of the best internet I've come across playing MvC3 online?

Can I also go ahead and say I've never been destroyed as equally as hard as I have been by Smurfx? ;_;

Also, good games Bark!

---

Isn't Guard Crush tonight?

Karsticles said:
Where is your anti-Wolverine power? Please don't tell me it's supposed to be Dormammu. That matchup is not in his favor.
You don't think Dorm can run from Wolverine with the Iron Man assist? I'm not considering it to be Dormammu vs Wolverine, it's Dorm+IM vs Best Friends. I think if he stays a little out of the way, he can cross up teleport to make things happen. By anti-wolverine I don't mean that I have a necessarily positive matchup, but that I have a plan. I just can't tell how viable any of my strategies are when I can't gauge how good a wolverine is on PSN with teleporting divekicks and dropped inputs.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
Can I just go ahead and say that Smurfx has some of the best internet I've come across playing MvC3 online?

Can I also go ahead and say I've never been destroyed as equally as hard as I have been by Smurfx? ;_;

Also, good games Bark!

---

Isn't Guard Crush tonight?
good games man. if you ever want to play again just hit me up. today i had some trouble with some wolverines. damn berserker slash can be so fucking annoying. capcom really needs to make it more punishable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bark252 said:
GGS. Your IM has really improved. Once I get the hang of the pdp pad I'm coming for you. =p
Aye, I realized execution is important, and somehow the lag gave me even more leeway to hit some of those combos! GGs.

smurfx said:
good games man. if you ever want to play again just hit me up. today i had some trouble with some wolverines. damn berserker slash can be so fucking annoying. capcom really needs to make it more punishable.
Damn, I don't think I'm ready to come back at you until I leveled up my game a ton because your on another level. The experience allowed me to try some things against Haggar assists though, most of which were unsuccessful. I'll have to find other strategies. The pipe beating my AA grab dropped my jaw.

First time I've played online in weeks, this game keeeeeeeeps drawing me back in D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom