• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy J

ppl have been putting that in combovids for awhile...you can also do abc drillclaw xx super, b,s ^ c drillclaw divekick, c,s ^ bbacs, otg w/e and its a lot easier than doing the uppercut loop

Dahbomb

Just came back from my EPIC TOUR OF USA spanning 2 and a half weeks. It is finally over!

2 things:

I knew about that Wolverine technology a long time ago (Tornado Claw into Fatal Claw loop). I just never found a reason to use it because I can easily kill opponents with Wolverine using Weapon X. I should probably see the whole video to see what's up.

Someone give me the update of SMVC3 and all the rumors that have been posted thus far. List of rumored characters and features etc.

Edit: Ok I saw that. Nothing special. Loop has been known for quite some time and has a bit of strict timing. If you do any BnB into Weapon X, it will kill most characters in the game and it's WAY easier to do. You don't even need the loop because if you find yourself just short of killing an opponent after a Fatal Claw/Berserker Barrage and got meter to spare, you can DHC to finish him off.

This technology may be fearsome to those who don't use Wolverine often but it really isn't if you actually play Wolverine yourself. You have some chance of actually dropping that loop x3 as compared to just doing Weapon X which should kill the character. Wolverine is all about practicality, you wanna dumb it down as much as you can while killing characters. Plus you want to save meter with Wolverine as much as you can for Berserker Charge shenanigans.

Ok, so I need to learn how to fight She Hulk and Amaterasu. Those two characters give me more trouble than anybody in general, and I need to know what their weaknesses are. If anyone has any general tips, let me know.

Also, I feel like Zero/Sentinel is the hardest matchup for my Dormammu/Iron Man.

Dahbomb said:
This technology may be fearsome to those who don't use Wolverine often but it really isn't if you actually play Wolverine yourself. You have some chance of actually dropping that loop x3 as compared to just doing Weapon X which should kill the character. Wolverine is all about practicality, you wanna dumb it down as much as you can while killing characters. Plus you want to save meter with Wolverine as much as you can for Berserker Charge shenanigans.
Speaking of dumbing down, I think that's something a lot of players overlook. Instead of coming of with esoteric strategies and super specific situations, come up with something reliable that's hard to deal with even if you know what's coming. When asked why he's so good at fighting games, Justin Wong just said that he knows how to hit people. Wolverine/Akuma is a really basic strategy. Wesker/Iron Man is a really basic strategy. Anything that can be abused is always going to be better than anything like unblockable setups, chip kills, whatever.

Dahbomb

Checking past the 5 pages or so I missed a ton of new tech (as always lol this is Mahvel). 2 million+ non-X Factor Dante combo.... lol and people getting scared over "new" Wolverine tech.

Neki

Dahbomb said:
Checking past the 5 pages or so I missed a ton of new tech (as always lol this is Mahvel). 2 million+ non-X Factor Dante combo.... lol and people getting scared over "new" Wolverine tech.
It is scary. It does more damage than a level 3 hyper ender, and if the tornado claw has invincibility, it's good anti air.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
dante is still one character that can fuck over so many people in the future if they start using this technology.

USD

Ultimoo said:
It is scary. It does more damage than a level 3 hyper ender, and if the tornado claw has invincibility, it's good anti air.
The poster explained at the beginning of the video that Tornado Claw doesn't have invincibility, but it has fairly good priority as an anti-air.

Neki

USD said:
The poster explained at the beginning of the video that Tornado Claw doesn't have invincibility, but it has fairly good priority as an anti-air.
Yeah, I only watched it from the time stamp, but this is the new BnB for Wovlerine I think.

Azure J

USD said:

Chickens getting snuffed out here. Combofiend with The Arm. :lol

Seriously, Dark Phoenix getting K.O.'d with Bionic Arms is so good, even if it happens to me I wouldn't even be salty.

- Wolverine Tornado Loop... I'm so appalled... [/Kanye]

- Dante was always tops in my mind in regards to scary potential, but at the same time, playing with what you're comfortable with is going to become so important for the current metagame that missing anything in one of his extended followups currently can mean at best scrounging for resets or at worst eating unacceptables and other such approaches guaranteeing a lost character and change.

mr. puppy

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Someone give me the update of SMVC3 and all the rumors that have been posted thus far. List of rumored characters and features etc.
you didn't miss anything. lupinko is a human wasteland, can't do anything properly and just jacks off about how awesome he is for knowing the cast.

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
3 DHCs if properly tuned for a team will do more damage as well. Some THC combinations will also do more damage than a LVL3 hyper (I have one in particular for Wesker's THC). This is not a BnB because you are starting off with more meter to do the combo. BnBs are supposed to produce the meter that they use. Wolverine shouldn't be burning that much meter for just one character kill, if he is then you are doing it wrong (unelss it's the last character).

90% of times, if you just end a BnB into LVL3 it will kill off a character in a high level match... and it's 10x easier and less likely to drop. Why do 1.4 million damage when you can easily do 1 million+ with a much easier combo that you are almost never likely to drop? It's the same meter cost for a character kill.

The only time when you want to use this combo is when A) You don't have X Factor B) You have plenty of 2+ meter but no partners to DHC/assist combo and C) You want to kill a very high health character from full health.

Tornado Claw in generally sucks, it gets beat out a lot and without assist/meter you can't get anything after it. Wolverine has much better anti-air than that move.

Neki

Dahbomb said:
3 DHCs if properly tuned for a team will do more damage as well. Some THC combinations will also do more damage than a LVL3 hyper (I have one in particular for Wesker's THC).

90% of times, if you just end a BnB into LVL3 it will kill off a character in a high level match... and it's 10x easier and less likely to drop. Why do 1.4 million damage when you can easily do 1 million+ with a much easier combo that you are almost never likely to drop? It's the same meter cost for a character kill.

The only time when you want to use this combo is when A) You don't have X Factor B) You have plenty of 2+ meter but no partners to DHC/assist combo and C) You want to kill a very high health character from full health.

Tornado Claw in generally sucks, it gets beat out a lot and without assist/meter you can't get anything after it. Wolverine has much better anti-air than that move.

Yes, but THC for a Wolverine Team doesn't seem highly effective, or useful. Wolverine paired up with either Tron, Magneto or Wesker is not going to be an effective DHC or THC, and doing this combo lets you keep Wolverine in for the mix-up. The combo doesn't look that hard either. Tornado claw cancelled into Fatal Claw, you act like it's impractical, the pros have learned harder BnBs. You slightly modify your BnB and you can use that combo. It also allows you to selectively use 1-2-3 meters to kill off an opponent, instead of always using 3.

smurfx

get some go again
Sixfortyfive said:
Finally got a real job and have thus renewed my Gold subscription. Hit me up for some games whenever.
i just saw you go on and was going to challenge you but then i remembered i have this bbq i'm going to. i'll hit you up later on tonight if you are on.

Woke up today and thought "Oh fuck it's Sunday!" have a tournament today.

In GAFs opinion, who should Wolverine replace on a Wesker, Spencer, Taskmaster team?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
This just in: people who use teleport characters online are still the scourge of the Earth.

Mr Touchdown said:
In GAFs opinion, who should Wolverine replace on a Wesker, Spencer, Taskmaster team?
Either Spencer or Taskmaster, and in either case, I'd probably run with Wolverine on point with Wesker last.

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
Yes, but THC for a Wolverine Team doesn't seem highly effective, or useful. Wolverine paired up with either Tron, Magneto or Wesker is not going to be an effective DHC or THC, and doing this combo lets you keep Wolverine in for the mix-up. The combo doesn't look that hard either. Tornado claw cancelled into Fatal Claw, you act like it's impractical, the pros have learned harder BnBs. You slightly modify your BnB and you can use that combo. It also allows you to selectively use 1-2-3 meters to kill off an opponent, instead of always using 3.
It's not impractical, I have used it in live matches. It's just not as easy as it looks. The only time it has been useful is when I am sitting on 2 bars and I can't quite kill the character, I would go for it or if I don't want to DHC out. Other than that, 1 bar it's not useful and with 3 bars I would rather use Weapon X.

It's something that is nice to have in your arsenal for those situations where you need the extra damage but it isn't a godly upgrade to Wolverine.

OK my comfort level with Dormammu/Iron Man/Phoenix is good enough that I've started looking around at what people are doing. Seems like there's some good Phoenix BnBs out there that I can turn into good resets. If I can get it to 450k with a reset ender I'll be happy.

Just starting to go through Karst's Dorm guide and I'm trying to learn some more advanced Iron Man stuff which is kinda... -_-'
Haha, I tried to learn a Morrigan bnb, and after 3 hours of figuring out how to change it based on the size of my opponent, I said "**** it", and went back to Dormammu/Skrull/Doom. I was experimenting with a Trish/Dormammu/Morrigan team, where Trish plays hard keepaway to build meter. It actually works really well, but Morrigan is so irritating to use. Needs a ground dash...

Tobe

holy shit did i choke real bad with dorm. gg man i think i have seen u on ranked you used to beat the crap out of me.

Sixfortyfive said:
Finally got a real job and have thus renewed my Gold subscription. Hit me up for some games whenever.
Holy crap, we've finally got some new blood up in this bitch.

You're already on my friend list soooo...

Sixfortyfive

Tobe1 said:
holy shit did i choke real bad with dorm. gg man i think i have seen u on ranked you used to beat the crap out of me.
Shoutouts to dropped combos. With every character. ggs

I was gonna say lag was kinda iffy but if you're actually in Peru then that was a bit better than I would have expected.

Tobe

Sixfortyfive said:
Shoutouts to dropped combos. With every character. ggs

I was gonna say lag was kinda iffy but if you're actually in Peru then that was a bit better than I would have expected.

i actually think my router was fucking with my connection, i get to play with less lag than that. maybe next time.

smurfx

get some go again
ah damn i haven't lost to a neogaf member at marvel for a while now. damn sixfortyfive and your felicia. i swear it had probably been months since i last played her. i had no idea how to defend her and was pretty much free to her most of the time. he also had another character that gives me problems and that is morrigan. fuck that stupid x factor morrigan clone cost me a few matches as well. well one good thing about marvel gaf is that they usually play the less popular characters so you don't get caught by surprise when playing ranked. hopefully sixfortyfive is around when i'm online to play him some more.

smurfx

get some go again
Sixfortyfive said:
Felicia is pretty easy to zone.

Unless you throw out a hyper when she has 3 bars.
is her rushdown punishable at all though? i tried and tried looking for a spot to punish after blocking and then was tripped by her. only saw a few spots to punish and those didn't happen very often. i did zone her out pretty well but then your damn morrigan got me. lol why can't you people play characters i know how to play. :p

Sixfortyfive

Most of Felicia's specials leave her at good frame advantage (-4 or better) if you space it right actually. The roll > slide is more punishable if she starts the slide deep, for example.

Standing LMH normals are all safe.
Rolling punch and rolling slide are -2 and -4.
Naked roll and roll uppercut are unsafe.
Cat Spike L/M is + but I never use it.
Delta Kick is 0 or better.
Sand Splash is unsafe.
There's a gap in Dancing Flash before the uppercut where you can interrupt it.
59 frames of invulnerability on Please Help Me.

Sixfortyfive

UltraDavid thinks she's tied with the dog for best air throw in the game.

Dunno if it's that good but it's up there.

N4Us

aLFC8.png

Sums up the current BoxArena matches.

Zissou

What are everyone's thoughts on which characters are at the top of the heap specifically in the anchor role? (leaving phoenix out it for now)

It seems like an anchor will ideally have the following:
1) A good assist for their two teammates
2) Have as few bad match-ups as possible
3) Be fine without x-factor, but also be strong if you're trying to make a last ditch lvl 3 comeback attempt

Akuma seems to fit the bill, but overall I can't think of other characters that fit all three criteria. Sentinel has a great assist and can be scary with lvl 3, but he could lose the game if he ends up against one of his (many) bad match-ups. Combofiend has Spencer who could arguably fit all but the great assist criterion. Morrigan is good, but once you've lost a character, your point character needs to be able to function without an actual functional offensive/defensive assist. What do you guys think?

Zissou

Ultimoo said:
Spencer has amazing assist, and so does Wesker.

Spencer does? I've seen Combofiend use it on incoming characters as a mix up, but what uses does it have outside of that? Even it's good in combos, once you're down a character, you're pretty much fighting naked, right? I definitely agree on Wesker though. He's just so much more fun to play backed up with a good assist that I have a hard time saving him for last.

Neki

Zissou said:
Spencer does? I've seen Combofiend use it on incoming characters as a mix up, but what uses does it have outside of that? Even it's good in combos, once you're down a character, you're pretty much fighting naked, right? I definitely agree on Wesker though. He's just so much more fun to play backed up with a good assist that I have a hard time saving him for last.
The line grab assist is good, you use it on incoming characters who like pressing a button, or who try air-dashing up.

Anth0ny

Sooooooooooo I was at a tournament yesterday (entered Melee, but MVC3 was there), and I saw some of the sickest shit I've ever seen. This team was TEARING people apart:

Sentinel/Haggar/Skrull

shit was so hype.

Yes, Sentinel on point. Yes, Skrull tearing shit up. Imagine my thoughts seeing this guy pick that team, and then proceeding to nearly perfect his first opponent. The room was going crazy. Easily the best Skrull I've ever seen, and quite possibly the best Sentinel I've ever seen (and I watch all the streams of big tourneys, I know what a good Sent looks like). Vids should be up soon, I'll definitely post them asap.

paul187

^ I'm guessing you went to the Sauga tourney and saw Nick Cam light it up.

Has the East Coast Throwdown 3 footage been uploaded yet? I've been looking for it for the past few days.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sauga tourney huh? Canucks in the building?

Maybe one day when I get proper means of transportation I'll hit up one of these Sauga tourneys with my reg. 360 pad in tow.

Dahbomb

Super Skrull raping at anchor position has been known for quite some time now. He also goes well with Haggar. It's a good team, I am surprised I haven't seen this before.

mr. puppy

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Super Skrull raping at anchor position has been known for quite some time now. He also goes well with Haggar. It's a good team, I am surprised I haven't seen this before.

how does skrull go well with haggar?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mr. puppy said:
Potential Elastic Slam setups while blocking Lariats I'm guessing. Not sure if you could capitalize off of Aerial down H combos or Meteor Smashes.

Dahbomb

mr. puppy said:
3 reasons:

1) Haggar makes Skrulls actions safe which he needs a lot.

2) Haggar keeps opponents pinned down allowing Skrull to go for mix ups and command grabs.

3) Haggar causes hard knockdown after which Super Skrull can easily start his combos using Air d+H -> Launcher.

Skrull and Sentinel go well together and Haggar + Sentinel go together decent. Skrull on anchor or just simply access to meter and X Factor is a force to be reckoned with in this game as any of his command grabs from even very long distances leads to dead characters.

If you wanna see good Haggar and Skrull chemistry, there is a player on Break Weekly who uses the combination. Check out the FADC video site, his name starts with a "P" I believe.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Potential Elastic Slam setups while blocking Lariats I'm guessing. Not sure if you could capitalize off of Aerial down H combos or Meteor Smashes.
I think Skrull might be able to combo off a hard knockdown, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom