• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
damn i'm finally 300 games over .500. took a while but i'm finally there. now to get 2nd lord hopefully in the next few weeks. i think i've discovered how to punish she hulk and what to do when my haggars double lariat misses its target. i'm also getting better at timing haggars hoodlum launcher. somebody sent me an invite to gears of wars (tobe?) sorry i didn't accept but i've only played that game for about 10 minutes and i don't know how to play fps games on consoles. i can't aim for shit with my right thumb.

Neki

LeMaximilian said:
edit: wrong thread
I saw it before the stealth edit, you troll, you troll!

damn i'm finally 300 games over .500. took a while but i'm finally there. now to get 2nd lord hopefully in the next few weeks. i think i've discovered how to punish she hulk and what to do when my haggars double lariat misses its target. i'm also getting better at timing haggars hoodlum launcher. somebody sent me an invite to gears of wars (tobe?) sorry i didn't accept but i've only played that game for about 10 minutes and i don't know how to play fps games on consoles. i can't aim for shit with my right thumb.
man you play too much, lol. I don't play enough Marvel, or anything for that matter. I only play League now.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
man you play too much, lol. I don't play enough Marvel, or anything for that matter. I only play League now.
its the only game i play. i don't actually play that much either. i usually just play so that i can gain 5 wins to my win total and then i turn it off. i might then play again but if i see i'm playing bad i turn it off. lol i have about 25 games and they never get any play time and i doubt they will. i'll probably buy my nephews a 360 this xmas and let them borrow my games indefinitely. i did play super meat boy though so that is one other game i played and actually passed. although i only did it for the meat boy avatar pet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
I saw it before the stealth edit, you troll, you troll!

I thought when you weren't playing Marvel you were telling people to play BlazBlue! And when you weren't telling people to play BlazBlue you were playing Marvel!

I just got to 500 000PP recently.. so... yeah.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
I thought when you weren't playing Marvel you were telling people to play BlazBlue! And when you weren't telling people to play BlazBlue you were playing Marvel!

blah, Marvel isn't hard to get into when I play easy-mode characters though. Learning Street Fighter sucks though, god damn, I really wish I had a stick for that game!

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:

wasn't qistoptier the one that plays blazblue? i don't remember ultimoo ever talk about that game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
blah, Marvel isn't hard to get into when I play easy-mode characters though. Learning Street Fighter sucks though, god damn, I really wish I had a stick for that game!
You play Marvel on pad too? I thought you owned a stick for some reason. Or is it just you own SF on 360?

smurfx said:
wasn't qistoptier the one that plays blazblue? i don't remember ultimoo ever talk about that game.
Nah, I think Ultimoo plays BB too. QisTopTier is a heretic, and has betrayed MarvelGAF by leaving us. Thou shalt not be forgiven for thy sins.

enzo_gt said:
QisTopTier is a heretic, and has betrayed MarvelGAF by leaving us. Thou shalt not be forgiven for thy sins.

Q always played BB. He bought SF4 to pass time until BB. He bought MvC3 to pass time until CS2 came out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
Nah, I think Ultimoo plays BB too. QisTopTier is a heretic, and has betrayed MarvelGAF by leaving us. Thou shalt not be forgiven for thy sins.

oh+you.jpg

smurfx

get some go again
Prototype-03 said:
Q always played BB. He bought SF4 to pass time until BB. He bought MvC3 to pass time until CS2 came out.
he's a traitor! he was one of the taskmaster users on here and he left! although sixfortyfive took his place as the other taskmaster user on here.

enzo_gt said:
I don't think he cares much about being forgiven seeing as he probably won't come back to the game anyway.
smurfx said:
he's a traitor! he was one of the taskmaster users on here and he left! although sixfortyfive took his place as the other taskmaster user on here.
Those are some big shoes to fill.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
N4Us said:
Q plays BB because it's an easier game to get skimpy clothed avatars from.
Felecia? I mean doesn't get much more skimpy than that. *I use her on one of my teams lol*

I never straight up quit Marvel, I'm just waiting to see what direction the game goes for now.
But it will never be a main game

Tobe

smurfx said:

yo sorry bout that i always think that sending request to all means to all my party, this shit happens to me like 2 times a weeks. hope to catch some marvel games later.

Riposte said:
What accident did Jago find himself in? He is one of my favorite players and personalities of the FGC.

somebody told me it was cancer or some shit like that. and/or he was broke. i just think RL hit him real hard.

smurfx

get some go again
just had an awesome set with this one phoenix user. he was running a chris/magneto/phoenix team. he took the first few matches winning with phoenix and then i tied it up and he went on to win 2 more and i caught him up again and finally i won 5 in a row. even though i won the last 5 in a row it was close most of the time. haggar did the most phoenix destruction believe it or not. haggar with level 3 hyper and xfactor is instant phoenix killer if she gets anywhere close to me. i did win once with the regular old pipe too. taskmaster and haggar are my definite phoenix killers right now. i'm still trying to figure out the best ways to try and get to her with zero.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
You play Marvel on pad too? I thought you owned a stick for some reason. Or is it just you own SF on 360?

you must not remember me being super salty when I couldn't use my PS3 pad for the tourney then.

Neki

Karsticles said:
You can, but why get just a super when you can get a full combo into a super?
Oh I didn't see him do it in the video so I thought you couldn't end with a super with the ground throw.

Dahbomb

You sure you can't add a few reps of d+H, S, air S (repeat) in that combo.

Also the second one doesn't seem new unless I am missing something here.

is skrull's damage output a little weak, or is that a good gain off of an air throw?
Skrull is moderately high; a typical bnb for him does ~750K. Considering that ~half of the cast can't do anything at all off of a ground throw, I think this is great.

Also the second one doesn't seem new unless I am missing something here.
It's comboing off of his ground throw. I've never seen it done before, anywhere.

My problem with Skrull is I have difficulty getting the dash in to connect the down H to the S, but I'll definitely try these out
You get the hang of it. If you're doing this off of a command throw, you can dash in and s.LMS and the timing is much less tight.

Carbonox

It's been since March or so that I last took this game seriously and played. However, I'm starting to get an itch that needs scratching.

For someone who's been out of the scene for a while, how has the game changed, if at all? That includes the online scene.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Carbonox_Ratchet said:
It's been since March or so that I last took this game seriously and played. However, I'm starting to get an itch that needs scratching.

For someone who's been out of the scene for a while, how has the game changed, if at all? That includes the online scene.
Biggest thing you'll probably notice is less Sentinels because he got a health nerf from 1.2mill to 900K, more Wolverines and Phoenixes.

As far as new things people have found in the game to give the competitive edge, the list is endless. New stuff pops up every day, it's difficult to summarize.

Hey Haggar players. Is there ever a situation where Giant Press doesn't connect after an air throw?

I was playing last Ranked yesterday, and for the life of me, I was air throwing this Tron player and the Press wouldn't hit them on the ground. I was stunned, lol.

JeTmAn81

smurfx said:
I play Taskmaster. He's on my main team with Dante and Sentinel. Q is way better than me, though. He should come back.

LakeEarth

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hey Haggar players. Is there ever a situation where Giant Press doesn't connect after an air throw?

I was playing last Ranked yesterday, and for the life of me, I was air throwing this Tron player and the Press wouldn't hit them on the ground. I was stunned, lol.
The lower the throw, the better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
Assist me with X-23 is cool.
something something i want to sleep with X-23 something something

But really, those mobility bits are really damn cool. I've been considering X-23 as a point character for a while for the new team I'm building with Taskmaster. So a lot of that was definitely very informative.

I did not know Weapon X Prime had that much invincibility holy shit.

Link to Assist Me with X-23

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I've been refreshing Youtube like a hawk for the X-23 assist me. Got slaughtered pretty hard online yesterday with my X-23 team, but kept playing even though I was a very infuriating experience.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't decide whether I should use Jam Session or Weasel Shot for X-23. The Assist Me video is ambiguous about it too. Weasel Shot seems to benefit her ground game better, while Jam Session sets up the Dirt Naps which are a one hit kill if set up properly...

Neki

enzo_gt said:
something something i want to sleep with X-23 something something

But really, those mobility bits are really damn cool. I've been considering X-23 as a point character for a while for the new team I'm building with Taskmaster. So a lot of that was definitely very informative.

I did not know Weapon X Prime had that much invincibility holy shit.

Link to Assist Me with X-23

the cheese is so overwhelming, I didn't order extra cheese with this video. loool.

Nils said:
Still can't decide whether I should use Jam Session or Weasel Shot for X-23. The Assist Me video is ambiguous about it too. Weasel Shot seems to benefit her ground game better, while Jam Session sets up the Dirt Naps which are a one hit kill if set up properly...

I'd say Jam Session. For the Dirt Nap setup and easy DHC Trick as well. If you have Dante there, you may as well use it.

Who are you running in the back?

Edit: Also, Max finally revealed Weapon X Prime's secret, nobody ever expects me to run through all their shit on the screen with that move :p

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Killa Sasa said:
I'd say Jam Session. For the Dirt Nap setup and easy DHC Trick as well. If you have Dante there, you may as well use it.

Who are you running in the back?

Edit: Also, Max finally revealed Weapon X Prime's secret, nobody ever expects me to run through all their shit on the screen with that move :p

Dante's in the back, Dormammu's on point. May switch them again as I had a lot of trouble opening people up with Dormammu yesterday. Should learn some of those teleport mixups with Jam Session but I tend to whiff the hit confirm into launcher or have the annoying habit to throw out the assist when the opponent is at the complete opposite of the screen.

Neki

Noriega said:
I usually use Weapon X Prime when somebody is spamming me with like Sentinel Heavy.

Love to see their reaction when it hits lol

someone used a dorm level 3 to me on reaction to a Sentinel crouching heavy while online. I raged, hard. now I always cancel with flight, lol.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Ultimoo said:
someone used a dorm level 3 to me on reaction to a Sentinel crouching heavy while online. I raged, hard. now I always cancel with flight, lol.
then you'll get Gravity Squeezed, rage more, then stop playing marvel 4EVA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom