• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ultimoo said:
Really? Hm, I guess I should be trying harder to get to 4th lord then!
I didn't notice a damn bit of difference when I got to 4th lord. Everyone who says otherwise sounds crazy to me.

Yes yes, Iron Man. I still don't know anything about Dorm resets, I've been working on my team by myself so far and haven't seen what's out there.
I have a whole section about Dormammu resets in the guide - it may speed up your learning process.

I didn't notice a damn bit of difference when I got to 4th lord. Everyone who says otherwise sounds crazy to me.
Well, if your rank search was always set to "any", you might not have noticed a strong difference, since you have been fighting 4th+ all along.

Whoo, I can do 12 reps of the Phoenix trap infinite after a full combo in lvl 2 xfactor, 21 in level 3 :)

Combo does 1.2+ million damage in lvl 2 lol

2LMH6H xx Phoenix Drive M, jS, S, jMMH2H, Xfactor lvl 2, TK Trap L x 12

Such a good combo. It's easy, builds over 2 bars, and leaves about half of your xfactor left for the opponent coming in.

Karsticles said:
Sounds smart. Does Akuma's assist negate Repulsar Blast? Like, if you're fighting Wolverine, can you just spam Iron Man's Repulsar Blast and be relatively safe from Berserker Slash/Dive Kick?

Basically, yeah. It's not a good idea to throw out unless you think he's ready to rush in, because if you whiff the L version, not even spread is going to save you from a very well timed berserker barrage, or a not very well timed DHC to hadolaser. Still, if their 3rd character is phoenix, it's basically safe. They'd have to be a genius to punish it without weird meter use, when it's -9 and pushes you half screen.

IDK, when I got to 4th Lord, the comp got way better and I was seeing a million Wolvies/Mags/PHX's/Ammys. And they were owning me, lol.

I'm not the greatest though, so take that as you will. I lost the 4th lord rank for while, but strung some stuff together to get it back. I don't think I will ever get to 3rd lord, hehe.

I am constantly stressed out when I play with my Sent team trying to block Wolverine and Mags, and figuring out what to do against PHX's.

smurfx

get some go again
hey god's beard since you always practice this stuff what is the best way for zero and haggar to get in on sentinel? that is one match up i always have trouble with. i can easily beat him with taskmaster but i always get caught with zero and haggar. btw where the hell is the wnf stream? i can't find it! i wanna see combofiend play. although sucks that he plays on ps3 instead of 360. :(

smurfx said:
hey god's beard since you always practice this stuff what is the best way for zero and haggar to get in on sentinel? that is one match up i always have trouble with. i can easily beat him with taskmaster but i always get caught with zero and haggar. btw where the hell is the wnf stream? i can't find it! i wanna see combofiend play. although sucks that he plays on ps3 instead of 360. :(
I don't play them but I'd assume a lot of air teleport mixups and jumping H? I mean, Teleport H should get you right up to his big head.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Question for Karsticles mostly. Yesterday I matched a good Dormammu player on ranked and he added me on my friends list because he enjoyed playing a Dorammu mirror. He whooped my ass, but was friendly enough to share some pointers. One of them was a suggestion to swap out Dante's Jam Session for Weasel Shot.

I'm currently playing Dorm/X-23/Dante and he reckoned it would help X-23 a lot with crossing up. I'ù guessing it would hinder Dormammu a bit as he would be less protected at super jumping and I see a lot of Jam Session tricks in your guide and not so much Weasel Shot stuff. Jam Session helps X quite a bit too, but my execution is currently lacking to do the Jam Session relaunch outside of corners or end X-23's BNB with Weapon X-Prime. So my question isare have you found any good uses for the Weasel Shot assist with Dormammu besides relaunching and Mass Change M crossups or is it not really worth it to buff(?) X-23 at the expense of Dormammu?

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
I see a lot of 4th lords around here nowadays...

Anybody up for a few rounds?
hey man what happened to yesterday? i went on at 7 but you were no where to be found!

Tobe1 said:
got a tournament this weekend might as well get practice. you on xbl?
Yes, gimme two minutes.
smurfx said:
hey man what happened to yesterday? i went on at 7 but you were no where to be found!
Came home pissed and waited until some time around six. When I saw no signs of a coming game I went to sleep thinking nothing would happen. I logged on at around 1AM and saw no posts regarding me chickening out(or something or that nature I guess) so I left it at that and assumed you were busy.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Mostly this. It's not like it's out of left field but it's nice to have full certainty.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/118/1181335p1.html

12:30 - 1:30 PM MARVEL INTERACTIVE: MARVEL VIDEO GAMES
Learn all about Spider-Man: Edge of Time, X-Men Destiny, Captain America: Super Soldier, Super Hero Squad Online, Super Hero Squad 3DS and uDraw, Marvel Pinball and the Marvel Universe MMO. Also, find out some exciting new details about the future of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and other Marvel games via exclusive trailers, surprise reveals, and Q&A with the game creators from some of the industry's top publishers. Room 6A

USD

Watching some of the other matches from WNF. Combofiend is so godlike.

howcanhelose4e2l.gif

smurfx

get some go again
sorry about cutting our match short solar. i had promised i would take somebody out to eat and i even delayed that 30 min when playing you.

Neki

smurfx said:
don't know how viable a lot of that stuff will be online though. i've tried similar combos and they are hard to do.
if I can do touch of death combos with Tron online, I'm sure you could at least do some intermediate haggar combos, lawl.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
if I can do touch of death combos with Tron online, I'm sure you could at least do some intermediate haggar combos, lawl.
that's the thing though. haggar deals so much damage that you don't really need to do fancy combos. one easy combo with x factor 3 can kill most characters.

OK my comfort level with Dormammu/Iron Man/Phoenix is good enough that I've started looking around at what people are doing. Seems like there's some good Phoenix BnBs out there that I can turn into good resets. If I can get it to 450k with a reset ender I'll be happy.

Just starting to go through Karst's Dorm guide and I'm trying to learn some more advanced Iron Man stuff which is kinda... -_-'

sleepykyo

_dementia said:
My mistake then

Given the "quality" of the PS3 port, it is a valid point. However, wouldn't the players that are prone to having issues with timing differences, just practice on the PS3 version for the last month or so?

Looks at Marn playing AE on pc. :/
Someone's going to be free to the rest of the top16 players come Evo.

LordAlu

That Haggar/Arthur/Felicia combo video was superb. Not only for the combos, but for the choice of music... Thundercats? Knightmare? I'm on a nostalgia trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom