• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dandy J said:
"What is the craziest thing that existed in MvC3 that didn't make it to the final build?"

There's always great stories of stuff that gets changed or cut in development so that should be good.
Probably 800K health Phoenix with infinite air projectiles which the dev team thought was okay.

Thank god Seth stepped in.

I'd like to hear more of that too.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
Probably 800K health Phoenix with infinite air projectiles which the dev team thought was okay.

shit no wonder there is so much bullshit in this game still.

smurfx

get some go again
also didn't her fireballs chase you all the way instead of going out at one point? those stupid fireballs are still really overpowered.

sleepykyo

God's Beard said:
Ok I got the thumbs up from Skill for an interview at EVO. I already have a lot of unusual questions, but if you guys have any good ones I'll try to ask him.

Given how the platform differences (ie. the noticeable slowdown in MVC3 or increased input lag in SF4) seem to be impacting the tournament scene is Capcom going to do anything different in regards to SF x T?

Oh and the ability to change the game through hotfixes. eg. Mortal Kombat or any COD.

smurfx

get some go again
hey everybody lets post our salty faces.

2iw3kgh.jpg

this is mine.

Don't forget that in Dark Phoenix mode, her feathers used to go full screen.

Plus, no health drain!

Where did he tell that story? I wanna see/hear it.
It was while commentating a stream about a month ago.

mr. puppy

Banned
is there another major before evo? its hard to read this thread and learn something without reading phoenix and wolverine bitchfests, and i bet somebody has got new strats to show vs. this stuff.

also, i was reading thorough the anchor thread on srk and there is a long post by deviljin claiming felicia is amazing. i gotta try her out one of these days.

LakeEarth

Felicia has a lot going for her, but any character with short normals is weak in this game.

And about majors, I'm not sure. Streamonster.com says it isn't going to update for 1-2 weeks :(

Felicia is an amazing anchor.

Felicia has a lot going for her, but any character with short normals is weak in this game.

And about majors, I'm not sure. Streamonster.com says it isn't going to update for 1-2 weeks :(
I'm not talking about general play, just in XF3. She makes Chun-li look feeble.

USD

EVO is the next major, putting one right next to EVO would be a horrible idea anyway. The next major in the US after EVO is Summer Jam 5, Aug 27-28. Super VS Battle 20XI in Europe is earlier though, Aug 12-14.

mr. puppy

Banned
is there a WNF tonight? hopefully richard nguyen will learn to actually strategically call out haggar as opposed to just throwing lariats out there for shehulk/ammy to spank the ever living shit out of.

Dahbomb

The Phoenix stuff is true. It's on the WNF when SKill attended (also talked about Doom hidden technology and Iron man being slept on). He said that those feathers that Dark Phoenix threw out used to go FULL SCREEN meaning she could cr.L you from across the screen. There was a ton of other stuff and they basically kept nerfing her until she became what she is today.

Yes you heard it right... Phoenix was way worse before.

Neki

Dahbomb said:
The Phoenix stuff is true. It's on the WNF when SKill attended (also talked about Doom hidden technology and Iron man being slept on). He said that those feathers that Dark Phoenix threw out used to go FULL SCREEN meaning she could cr.L you from across the screen. There was a ton of other stuff and they basically kept nerfing her until she became what she is today.

Yes you heard it right... Phoenix was way worse before.

those are just urban legends to justify that DP doesn't need to be nerfed, because she "was" way better. she still needs a nerf.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
EVO Stream 1
Our flagship stream, produced by Team Spooky, will broadcast Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition on Friday and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on Saturday. The stream will cover these tournaments start to finish, from the qualifying pools to the quarterfinal and semi final brackets, culminating in the top 8 players of all tournament games on Sunday.
EVO Stream 1 will feature a 100% all-star commentary team with vets like Ultradavid, James Chen, the WakeupSRK crew, Ryan Hunter, and Seth Killian.

EVO Stream 2
Offcast and FinestKO are teaming up to bring you our second tournament stream, which will broadcast the Tekken 6 and BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 tournaments on Friday, and the Mortal Kombat 9 tournament on Saturday. Here too you won’t miss any tournament action! We will stick with each tournament from the qualifying pools all the way to the top 8 players.

EVO After Hours Stream
Of course, there’s a lot more competitive juice at EVO besides the official tournaments. To give you the full EVO experience, Iplaywinner.com will bring you special after hours content, featuring grudge matches between top players in a special, invite-only event. This stream will start shortly after our offical broadcast ends, and run until the IPW crew conks out or when we run out of alcohol, whichever comes first.
But wait…there’s more!

Live Marvel vs. Capcom 3 East Coast vs. West Coast Draft!
This year rivals from the east coast and west coast will square off for bragging rights in our 5 on 5 Marvel vs Capcom 3 exhibition. Thurday July 28th, IPW will host the live draft, where west coast team captain Justin Wong and east coast captain Nerd Josh will announce their picks for the east and west teams.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/13/evo-2011-streaming-details-watch-online-july-29-31/

GatorBait

Thinking of finally learning some Wesker...

That puts my team with Wesker/Dante/???

Any recommendations on a third character, and the order to put them in?

Dandy J

mr. puppy said:
is there another major before evo? its hard to read this thread and learn something without reading phoenix and wolverine bitchfests, and i bet somebody has got new strats to show vs. this stuff.
even if there was, no one is going to show it before evo

Grecco

~Devil Trigger~ said:
EVO Stream 1
Our flagship stream, produced by Team Spooky, will broadcast Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition on Friday and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on Saturday. The stream will cover these tournaments start to finish, from the qualifying pools to the quarterfinal and semi final brackets, culminating in the top 8 players of all tournament games on Sunday.
EVO Stream 1 will feature a 100% all-star commentary team with vets like Ultradavid, James Chen, the WakeupSRK crew, Ryan Hunter, and Seth Killian.

EVO Stream 2
Offcast and FinestKO are teaming up to bring you our second tournament stream, which will broadcast the Tekken 6 and BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 tournaments on Friday, and the Mortal Kombat 9 tournament on Saturday. Here too you won’t miss any tournament action! We will stick with each tournament from the qualifying pools all the way to the top 8 players.

EVO After Hours Stream
Of course, there’s a lot more competitive juice at EVO besides the official tournaments. To give you the full EVO experience, Iplaywinner.com will bring you special after hours content, featuring grudge matches between top players in a special, invite-only event. This stream will start shortly after our offical broadcast ends, and run until the IPW crew conks out or when we run out of alcohol, whichever comes first.
But wait…there’s more!

This year rivals from the east coast and west coast will square off for bragging rights in our 5 on 5 Marvel vs Capcom 3 exhibition. Thurday July 28th, IPW will host the live draft, where west coast team captain Justin Wong and east coast captain Nerd Josh will announce their picks for the east and west teams.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/13/evo-2011-streaming-details-watch-online-july-29-31/

So who streams on sunday?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
GatorBait said:
Thinking of finally learning some Wesker...

That puts my team with Wesker/Dante/???

Any recommendations on a third character, and the order to put them in?
Captain America /Dante(Wiesel shot) /Wesker(watch yo foot)

Grecco said:
So who streams on sunday?

flagship Spooky Stream most likely

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
those are just urban legends to justify that DP doesn't need to be nerfed, because she "was" way better. she still needs a nerf.
There is no justification needed for her to be nerfed... she needs to be nerfed. Period.

But these aren't urban legends, she WAS much worse before.

Riposte

Dahbomb said:
There is no justification needed for her to be nerfed... she needs to be nerfed. Period.

But these aren't urban legends, she WAS much worse before.

I think the character is fine if you add a mechanic which reduces the opponent's meter. I think the worst thing about the character is the effect you get when she is the last one left and she has 5 bars. Feels like you can only hurt yourself by playing the game properly or maybe turn it to a complete bore running away for 40+ seconds. What if snapbacks reduce meter by a half bar?

Azure J

Just a question for a bit of theory fighting here (until I can get dat Mahvel/Super Mahvel), I've been wanting to run a team with a Dante/Morrigan pair for a while. There's no real reason to it more than liking the characters, Dark Harmonizer while Dante is DT'd shenanigans, ok-ish DHC options, and initially running this duo with a Phoenix in concept. The idea was to have Morrigan called out and meter whore in a manner where even given strict requirements for Dark Phoenix transformations, I could sit on a stock of meter and be free to burn it with any character semi-regularly. Most people at the time of the metagame when I came up with this team were convinced that Phoenix players were afraid of burning meter and I wanted to take advantage of that.

Thinking about it now though, I kinda want to play around with interesting variations and I just started wondering about what else could work ok with a Dante/Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer) pair. Knowing how things are, once I actually get regular playing this game, I'll probably wind up dropping one or the other until months later due to execution, damage output or option barriers, but I still wanna stick it out and try something interesting between the two. Any thoughts on the matter?

Neki

~Devil Trigger~ said:
EVO Stream 1

EVO Stream 2

EVO After Hours Stream
But wait…there’s more!

ryan hunter on commentary? yeeeeees.

DR2K

Banned
Ultimoo said:

Phoenix is fine as is. It takes effort to even get her to DP against a good player.

sleepykyo

~Devil Trigger~ said:
EVO Stream 1

EVO Stream 2

EVO After Hours Stream
But wait…there’s more!

I ca~ am thoroughly delighted to read this.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dahbomb said:
You will saw WOW @ those COMBOS!

It really sucks that these characters have such high execution combos and don't do the damage that you want them to do without putting in the meter in.

Chun li has some of the most stylish combos in the game. Those were amazing.

I find it hilarious that regular ole Jean hit Wesker with 3 Phoenix Infernos and he was STILL alive. lmao

shaowebb

I mentioned this elsewhere, but maybe someone here could explain this to me.
How does "same rank" work in ranked matches or fight request?

I only ask because thinking back to my 9th ranger times all I ever saw were 4th and 5th lords until that compounded with nearly a month and half of no practice equalled me ranking back down.

Now at fighter rank I run into a COSMIC LORD? WTF? DSGB something or other shows up and bodies me and he had to be thinking what I was...why the fuck is this guy matched with me? Was this an error or was this just the final indicator of how completely fucked online matchups are on same rank. I live underwater already with lag, but this is enough to make a guy give up outside of playing locally which I will rarely be able to make due to my work and college times.

Right now I'm both Salty, confused and pretty sad that this may be it for me even attempting this game online ever again.

note: I wont quit marvel, but I may turn into God's Beard and just live in the lab in the few moments I get to play until I can find some time to play someone else.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I was wondering about that myself. This past free weekend, the same stuff was happening to me. I'm glad it did, especially since I beat a bunch of them, but it's kinda weird.

Killa Sasa said:
Speaking of EVO, I probably asked this about a month ago, but I can't remember: who of Marvel-GAF (and SF-GAF, I'll probably post in that thread too) are going to EVO?

I'm getting there two weeks from today and I'm having trouble controlling my hype. The news about 16 man pools really made my day today too. That was probably my number one beef with last year, didn't play my first match for 1.5 hours after my pool started :p.

Edit: And Spider-Man will never be top tier because his hitboxes aren't cheap enough T_T He'll be high for sure though. Dat damage and mobility. <3 Petey

Sup Killa, I'll be back and as free as ever. I don't play SFIV anymore though. Just Marvel 3 and Arcana Heart. And Karnov's Revenge.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
shaowebb said:
I mentioned this elsewhere, but maybe someone here could explain this to me.
How does "same rank" work in ranked matches or fight request?

I only ask because thinking back to my 9th ranger times all I ever saw were 4th and 5th lords until that compounded with nearly a month and half of no practice equalled me ranking back down.

Now at fighter rank I run into a COSMIC LORD? WTF? DSGB something or other shows up and bodies me and he had to be thinking what I was...why the fuck is this guy matched with me? Was this an error or was this just the final indicator of how completely fucked online matchups are on same rank. I live underwater already with lag, but this is enough to make a guy give up outside of playing locally which I will rarely be able to make due to my work and college times.

Right now I'm both Salty, confused and pretty sad that this may be it for me even attempting this game online ever again.

note: I wont quit marvel, but I may turn into God's Beard and just live in the lab in the few moments I get to play until I can find some time to play someone else.

Same rank shouldn't put you against cosmic lords, I've never seen that happen. Normally the way it works is Same Rank for anywere between Fighter and 5th Lord means you only encounter people of that rank. I think stuff like Amateur may also be included but you won't see any 4th Lords or up and vice-versa. It also seems to try to match you against people who have similar winrates. I often see people who are eerily close in win percentage but at the opposite end of the possible rank spectre. If you pick Rank Any anything goes and in my experience it loves to match me against Cosmic Lords like Viscant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom