• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
Seth Killian commentating on Stream 1? Fuck yes, he's gonna drop tidbits about UMvC3 the entire time.
NNNNNGHHH! So hyped - I actually booked Friday and Monday off for Evo. I can't afford to go this year but at least I can get paid to sit at home and watch it. :)

Also, Xanadu is streaming some Marvel while we wait for Spookay to go live.
http://www.justin.tv/xanadugames

KorrZ

Just got this game today, why is the online so...sdjfuidsbfudsbuifsd "Failed to join game session" "Failed to join game session" "Failed to join game session"

smurfx

get some go again
KorrZ said:
Just got this game today, why is the online so...sdjfuidsbfudsbuifsd "Failed to join game session" "Failed to join game session" "Failed to join game session"
try putting english as region. i remember that helping when i got this game.

DR2K

Banned
KorrZ said:

Stop searching for games. Go into arcade or training and have the game search matches for you while you play. It's usually instant.

KorrZ

smurfx said:
try putting english as region. i remember that helping when i got this game.

DR2K said:
Stop searching for games. Go into arcade or training and have the game search matches for you while you play. It's usually instant.

Hmm..Okay, thanks guys. I'll give it a try, searching for ranked matches I literally just got 9 failed to joins in a row. Super frustrating.

Tobe

KorrZ said:
Hmm..Okay, thanks guys. I'll give it a try, searching for ranked matches I literally just got 9 failed to joins in a row. Super frustrating.

putting your system of choice on a dmz also helps a lot.

Dahbomb said:
You will saw WOW @ those COMBOS!

It really sucks that these characters have such high execution combos and don't do the damage that you want them to do without putting in the meter in.
The Morrigan combos just make me feel like shit when I notice how much damage she is inflicting...

They really need to shorten the intervals between her Shadow servant blades for more damage potential(especially in the corner)and they need to fix her finishing shower by increasing the speed and damage of the missiles.
shaowebb said:
I mentioned this elsewhere, but maybe someone here could explain this to me.
How does "same rank" work in ranked matches or fight request?

I only ask because thinking back to my 9th ranger times all I ever saw were 4th and 5th lords until that compounded with nearly a month and half of no practice equalled me ranking back down.

Now at fighter rank I run into a COSMIC LORD? WTF? DSGB something or other shows up and bodies me and he had to be thinking what I was...why the fuck is this guy matched with me? Was this an error or was this just the final indicator of how completely fucked online matchups are on same rank. I live underwater already with lag, but this is enough to make a guy give up outside of playing locally which I will rarely be able to make due to my work and college times.

Right now I'm both Salty, confused and pretty sad that this may be it for me even attempting this game online ever again.

note: I wont quit marvel, but I may turn into God's Beard and just live in the lab in the few moments I get to play until I can find some time to play someone else.
My friend is experiencing the same thing. I have not dealt with such disparities in a while, but ranked was so broken at first that this was a regular occurence.

I'm constantly amazed by how shitty large companies can be when it comes to making a decent game. Makes me want to go back to BlazBlue.
KorrZ said:
Yeah, you want to avoid picking ranked and player directly. Always start in offline arcade or training mode with automatic player/ranked matches. The manual online search function is broken in this game even now.

viewtiful_dru said:
Sup Killa, I'll be back and as free as ever. I don't play SFIV anymore though. Just Marvel 3 and Arcana Heart. And Karnov's Revenge.

Hahaha awesome. I don't play IV much anymore either, but I still know how to play it. Marvel has gotten the majority of my attention.

Good to hear there's at least a handful of GAF in attendance.

Dahbomb

The Morrigan combos just make me feel like shit when I notice how much damage she is inflicting...

They really need to shorten the intervals between her Shadow servant blades for more damage potential(especially in the corner)and they need to fix her finishing shower by increasing the speed and damage of the missiles.
I think they sort of have to make her low damage because otherwise Astral Vision would be fairly OP. They should at least give her a higher damaging air hyper.

Morrigan doesn't have a problem killing people if she has a ton of meter or X Factor.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dahbomb said:
I think they sort of have to make her low damage because otherwise Astral Vision would be fairly OP.
Not really. It accelerates damage scaling quite a bit as-is, and the clone doesn't get any X-Factor boosts. It's difficult to combo into as well (pretty sure that requires specific assists or DHCs), so it's not always feasible to activate it later in a combo where scaling has already set in severely.

It's really only useful as a zoning tool. It doesn't add much to combos unless you get them in a Soul Fist loop from fullscreen.

It drives me crazy that Taskmaster's arrows OTG and are so fast while Morrigan's missiles are slow and can't even OTG. They get beaten by many hypers as it is so they're pretty much useless outside of Shadow blade combos. Probably one of the worst hypers in the game, but I can't complain too much since her level 3 and Astral vision are pretty good.

I've actually come to notice how good Shadow servant is too. It beats a whole bunch of hypers in the game cleanly. It just SUCKS ASS in the corner.

Tobe

so do we have any kind of marvel gaf night? if not, im willing to make one something like a online ranbat once a week?

I've come to terms with the fact that I don't have the execution to do the things I want to with Iron Man. As a mobile footsie character I feel like I can play him well, but the combos and resets I need to do as a phoenix player just aren't things I can do right now. I've been practicing one fly combo all day and it's fucking driving me nuts. Especially when I found out that the invincibility frames for alpha counters don't carry iron man into the active frames for repulsor blast, I lost a lot of hope in my play style. For the way I play Iron Man right now, Doom does everything better, and I already have much, much more experience with him.

So with that in mind my main team will now be X-23(Ankle Slicer)/Doom(Rocks)/Phoenix(Drive)

I considered Taskmaster because I have a lot of experience with him as well and he's easy to use as well as the DHC trick, but I'm more comfortable with Doom and I feel like I can build meter with him better. Unfortunately, Dormammu is on backup again. I was surprised at how quickly X-23 appealed to me. It's like playing Dudley.

Dahbomb

LOL you are in the same boat as me with Iron Man as far as execution goes. Which Fly combo did you have trouble with? I recommend the relaunch one though, that's the most practical.

You should just do Dorm/Doom/Phoenix. It would be just as solid. Beam assist though.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm finally starting to use push blocking believe it or not. lol some of the things i should be doing i'm really picking up late like hitting low. don't know how i got so far in ranked not doing those things regularly. still not used to push blocking though. but now i can at least push away fast characters like morrigan before she can get me and push other characters away like akuma and spencer who are tricky at blocking. i'm also regularly throwing now too. i'm coming for you sixfortyfive and getting my revenge. :p

supasmashed

Neo Member
smurfx said:
i'm finally starting to use push blocking believe it or not. lol some of the things i should be doing i'm really picking up late like hitting low. don't know how i got so far in ranked not doing those things regularly. still not used to push blocking though. but now i can at least push away fast characters like morrigan before she can get me and push other characters away like akuma and spencer who are tricky at blocking. i'm also regularly throwing now too. i'm coming for you sixfortyfive and getting my revenge. :p

man i have the opposite problem of push blocking away punishable moves. i'm so used to doing adv. guard that i forget its better not to use it sometimes.

and does anyone have a good way to get in on phoenix with wesker when shes doing the h fireballs?

smurfx

get some go again
supasmashed said:
man i have the opposite problem of push blocking away punishable moves. i'm so used to doing adv. guard that i forget its better not to use it sometimes.

and does anyone have a good way to get in on phoenix with wesker when shes doing the h fireballs?
yeah i'm definitely not push blocking everybody away since some characters are highly punishable with taskmaster and haggar. i'm only push blocking problem characters. you know one thing i'm noticing on ranked is the lack of weskers. wonder if its because he seems to be gone from most tournament winners teams. i still play plenty of them but definitely not as much as i used to.

you don't like watching player cards beat on each other for fun on the weekends?!
I instantly leave any lobby I am in where I am not the next person to fight.

I'll pay full price for Super MvC3 regardless of the turnout. I fully accept that Capcom owns my wallet on this game.

Tobe

Karsticles said:
We do not, and I think it's generally because of a lack of Spectator Mode.
well that is why i said it was a ranbat not an endless lobby like the sf guys have. i was thinking of making a even list of players, do an initial pairing so that everbody starts playing at the same time. (is up to the players to record the matches if u want gaf to see them) doing it once a week and at the end of the month the one with the most wins, well wins

well that is why i said it was a ranbat not an endless lobby like the sf guys have. i was thinking of making a even list of players, do an initial pairing so that everbody starts playing at the same time. (is up to the players to record the matches if u want gaf to see them) doing it once a week and at the end of the month the one with the most wins, well wins
Well, I would definitely participate in such.

viewtiful_dru said:
why would you worry about alpha counters if Phoenix is on the team, don't you want to conserve meter for her?

Because Repulsar Blast pulls opponents into Iron Man like Magneto's Hyper Grav, I can get a full combo that will build well over one meter. Using it as a reversal would have been invaluable, but it's not possible.

I'm running Wolverine/Zero/Sent these days. I haven't played Sent all that seriously since the nerf, but I'm realizing how abusable drones can be when both of my other guys can teleport behind you. Zero's on Shippuga assist to combo off Wolverine's air throw -> slide, and Wolverine's on Tornado Claw so Zero can extend combos with OTG dive kick.

works good man

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Because Repulsar Blast pulls opponents into Iron Man like Magneto's Hyper Grav, I can get a full combo that will build well over one meter. Using it as a reversal would have been invaluable, but it's not possible.
Self-comboing off of Repulsar Blast? That shit is hard and unpredictable unless you mean as an assist. Best thing about Repulsar Blast is that if you catch someone in a combo with it, it basically allows you to fish for a reset because even you won't know which side they will end up at so how can they?

Tobe1 said:
This actually sounds pretty cool. I can always spare the few minutes it takes to put matches in as well.
Karsticles said:
I instantly leave any lobby I am in where I am not the next person to fight.

I'll pay full price for Super MvC3 regardless of the turnout. I fully accept that Capcom owns my wallet on this game.
You may very well be one of my favorite posters to date.

If Zero moved up a tier then so should those other characters. LOL...

Anyway this is more reason that TACs should be changed.
Hsien-ko just gets a mix-up as a result, and you have to be in her gold armor. It's highly situational. Shuma-Gorath requires very strict timing. Zero just has to do what he always does, but have Sougenmu active at the time.

Zero TACing into Sentinel, his natural partner, builds 5 bars of meter in one combo.

Also, I just fell in love with Hidden Missiles all over again!

Karsticles said:
Hsien-ko just gets a mix-up as a result, and you have to be in her gold armor. It's highly situational. Shuma-Gorath requires very strict timing. Zero just has to do what he always does, but have Sougenmu active at the time.

Zero TACing into Sentinel, his natural partner, builds 5 bars of meter in one combo.

Also, I just fell in love with Hidden Missiles all over again!
Since I use Zero and Sent... what's the combo?

I just fought three matches in a row where my opponents ran away for the last 20 seconds of the match while I played as Hsien-Ko. It is so fucking infuriating that it nearly gives me a headache on the spot.

Oh, and I can't fucking wait for Capcom to smack Magneto's smug face with the righteous nerf hammer. L electromagnetic disruptor is broken and nigh unbeatable thanks to his far superior ground hyper(like Shadow servant, but good) and Sent drones. I can't transform and even if I could I can't beat disruptor with a DHC because I'll get knocked out of the sky without inflicting a single point of damage. Shadow servant would do the trick but it is usually far too short to hit him.

old piece of shit
Oldschoolgamer said:
So he burns one bar and makes it right back off of a TAC?

lmfao.

That with the lightning loop = free meter for days.
Magneto and Sent just got fucking terryfying. I definitely see people abusing the shit out of this once word spreads. SWAGGITY SQUEEZE ALL DAY ER DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom