• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Did people see that new team Viper/Dante/Haggar?

It's been known for quite some time now that Viper + Dante = GOD TIER STATUS but putting in Haggar is fucking brilliant! Both can easily OTG into full combo from Haggar and more chances for DAT unblockable set up with Viper!!!

Over the past couple of weeks, Haggar has jumped up tremendously in top tier play. I have been saying for quite some time that I prefer Haggar over Tron for a lot of characters like Dante/Doom.

Since I use Zero and Sent... what's the combo?
You'll have to look it up. It's really hard to do, and basically involves, like 7 rocket punches before landing.

I just fought three matches in a row where my opponents ran away for the last 20 seconds of the match while I played as Hsien-Ko. It is so fucking infuriating that it nearly gives me a headache on the spot.
That's not just a Hsien-ko issue. It happens to me all the time with Doom.

Oh, and I can't fucking wait for Capcom to smack Magneto's smug face with the righteous nerf hammer. L electromagnetic disruptor is broken and nigh unbeatable thanks to his far superior ground hyper(like Shadow servant, but good) and Sent drones.
One of the most fail moments I ever had was using Thor and trying to Mighty Thunder an opponent away a la Magnetic Shockwave. Yeah...it doesn't create any pushback on block.

I can't transform and even if I could I can't beat disruptor with a DHC because I'll get knocked out of the sky without inflicting a single point of damage. Shadow servant would do the trick but it is usually far too short to hit him.
You need to stop putting her on point and trying to transform. DHC or TAC into Hsien-ko, then armor. Otherwise you'll run into too many players that know your plan. Hsien-ko's gold assist is god-like - you just need to hit your opponent ONCE before you get it, and you're good for the rest of the fight.

Over the past couple of weeks, Haggar has jumped up tremendously in top tier play. I have been saying for quite some time that I prefer Haggar over Tron for a lot of characters like Dante/Doom.
Sometimes I feel like competitive players are behind the online scene, lol.

Karsticles said:
You'll have to look it up. It's really hard to do, and basically involves, like 7 rocket punches before landing.
Thanks. I never really tried TAC combos before. I found a couple variations for Sent on SRK. This is what I can pull off so far:

up-exchange, C, rocketpunch.B, A, C, rocketpunch.B

I know you can add a bunch more after that, but, baby steps...

Dahbomb

One of the most fail moments I ever had was using Thor and trying to Mighty Thunder an opponent away a la Magnetic Shockwave. Yeah...it doesn't create any pushback on block.
LOLOLOLOL....

Mighty Thunder is HELLA UNSAFE!!! It's nothing like Shockwave (though it does solid damage if you connect it).

I've never actually been salty about Phoenix before, but those matches were ridiculous. Might have to make a team with Ammy on point just to deal with Phoenix.
Karsticles said:
That's not just a Hsien-ko issue. It happens to me all the time with Doom.
Yeah, but to be fair, Dorm as the last character can be scary as shit with that level 3. Giant salt balls of doom galore. He also has his pillars and beams.
Karsticles said:
That is good stuff haha.
Karsticles said:
You need to stop putting her on point and trying to transform. DHC or TAC into Hsien-ko, then armor. Otherwise you'll run into too many players that know your plan. Hsien-ko's gold assist is god-like - you just need to hit your opponent ONCE before you get it, and you're good for the rest of the fight.
I suppose I could put Ammy on point, but it doesn't change the situation for Hsien-Ko too much unless I want to waste a hyper on Okami Shuffle just to DHC. Odds of getting the first hit on Magneto are way lower compared to nearly the entire cast. Hsien-Ko only experiences problems with a handful of characters(at best) with specific assists backing them(in my case at least).

Tobe

GG's solar. i was so scared in the ammy vs phoenix matches. your whole morrigan illusion with x factor and ammy assist was THE SHIT, i was lucky by not to getting hit with that.

sorry for playing phoenix

Dahbomb said:
If Zero moved up a tier then so should those other characters. LOL...

Anyway this is more reason that TACs should be changed.

So much this. I really wouldn't mind if they were just straight out removed even.

The thing I hate most about a game I mostly love.

Tobe1 said:
GG's solar. i was so scared in the ammy vs phoenix matches. your whole morrigan illusion with x factor and ammy assist was THE SHIT, i was lucky by not to getting hit with that.

sorry for playing phoenix
Thanks, but it's not that impressive if I can't hit you. Did you always play Phoenix? I never noticed her the first times we fought.
Dahbomb said:
If Zero moved up a tier then so should those other characters. LOL...

Anyway this is more reason that TACs should be changed.
Seems to like the removal of an up TAC would cut the chances of success for the user down even further. Seems just about right if you ask me.

It is certainly one of the more benign mechanics in the game compared to X-factor, crazy chip and heavy assist damage.

Tobe

SolarPowered said:
Thanks, but it's not that impressive if I can't hit you. Did you always play Phoenix? I never noticed her the first times we fought.

well, i spend a lot of time with her in training mode. now im really getting into her instead of dorm, also i have self respect and wont use wolverine and phoenix on the same team :p thus dropping wolv and dorm for sent and phoenix.

i tried using viscant's team but i suck with wesker, i dont really know how to use his teleports that good.

shaowebb

Interesting stuff on that Sentinel exchange vid. From what people say damage scaling still takes place, but when you do an aerial exchange hitstun scaling resets allowing you to do some crazy stuff with flyers like Sentinel. I'm betting Dormammu and Magneto exchanges should be pretty fun then...especially if you can go into a Chun-li exchange to end it since she can practically march you into heaven herself with the kicks.

Dahbomb

shaowebb said:
Interesting stuff on that Sentinel exchange vid. From what people say damage scaling still takes place, but when you do an aerial exchange hitstun scaling resets allowing you to do some crazy stuff with flyers like Sentinel. I'm betting Dormammu and Magneto exchanges should be pretty fun then...especially if you can go into a Chun-li exchange to end it since she can practically march you into heaven herself with the kicks.
They are fun. Magneto gets access to staircase combos, Dorm gets access to crazy fly Dark Hole combos, Storm gets Lightning Sphere fly combos in the corner and Iron Man gets Smart Bomb combos in the corner. All after TAC and near a corner of course.

Fought a whole bunch of pussies today and did alright. Nearly every Magneto except Tobe runs like a pussy now, though. I managed to beat Hsien-Ko's tenth mission in a few minutes and I've gotten some good practice with Morrigan's fly extension combos.

Overall decent day for Marvel I suppose...

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Fought a whole bunch of pussies today and did alright. Nearly every Magneto except Tobe runs like a pussy now, though. I managed to beat Hsien-Ko's tenth mission in a few minutes and I've gotten some good practice with Morrigan's fly extension combos.

Overall decent day for Marvel I suppose...
what do you mean by runs away? from who? gold armor hsien ko?

smurfx said:
what do you mean by runs away? from who? gold armor hsien ko?
Regular player matches. Every Magneto I've fought has run away constantly even if it is normal Hsien-Ko. Ammy can punish using glaive, but that is it really. Morrigan's astral fireballs might be useful, but I've only just run into this today. Those astral H fireballs might actually come in handy now...
Ultimoo said:
if they're running away, you should have 5 bars to spam Solar, don't see the problem sir.
You'd be right if it weren't for L disruptor and his level 3. You never know when they are coming so it's best to play wisely with your hypers. L disruptor nearly guarantees bad damage for Morrigan before I can build 3 bars. Gold pendulum is also awesome, but the smarmy bastard spends 90% of his time in the air which makes it hard to pressure him. He may be the only character who can still run away from me without activating X-factor.

Edit: I might have to play around with H anki hou as well. The fireballs and anki works a lot better against Sentinel because of his hitbox, but I guess we'll see how things work out.

Edit#2: DHCs might do the trick. I've made it work against Magneto in the last couple of weeks. Still, the amount of running on his part has increased more than usual. Gonna have to tighten execution even more I guess.

CPS2

Parallax Scroll said:
Thanks. I never really tried TAC combos before. I found a couple variations for Sent on SRK. This is what I can pull off so far:

This is the one I recorded earlier... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwChS1LeHxg

I've found some really reliable ones against small characters, less hits but they're easy to do. I can upload them if you want.

Just came to the realization that gong usage is imperative for anyone seriously trying to play Hsien-ko. I just wish the input weren't so hard.

Stupid 360 D-pad...

Neki

SolarPowered said:
Just came to the realization that gong usage is imperative for anyone seriously trying to play Hsien-ko. I just wish the input weren't so hard.

Stupid 360 D-pad...

this is a sign to switch systems, and to stay there!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
SolarPowered said:

Stupid 360 D-pad...

If I had to play on pad I think id kill myself. At least invest in a mad catz pad or something.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:

Stupid 360 D-pad...
stop being cheap and get yourself a ssf4 pad. :p

I honestly just said "no" when I saw the combo, and moved on. I hate TACs anyway.

LOLOLOLOL....

Mighty Thunder is HELLA UNSAFE!!! It's nothing like Shockwave (though it does solid damage if you connect it).
Yeah, but how was I supposed to know that?!

Also, I killed a Dark Phoenix yesterday with Mighty Punish.

Yeah, but to be fair, Dorm as the last character can be scary as shit with that level 3. Giant salt balls of doom galore. He also has his pillars and beams.
Agreed about Dormammu, but I said Doom. ;-)

I suppose I could put Ammy on point, but it doesn't change the situation for Hsien-Ko too much unless I want to waste a hyper on Okami Shuffle just to DHC. Odds of getting the first hit on Magneto are way lower compared to nearly the entire cast. Hsien-Ko only experiences problems with a handful of characters(at best) with specific assists backing them(in my case at least).
Do as you like - every good Hsien-ko player I have witnessed does this. Personally, when fighting Hsien-ko as Dormammu on point, I'm unsafe as all getout because I know that any damage I do to Hsien-ko is infinitely more valuable than the risks of one of her 500K damage combos.

So much this. I really wouldn't mind if they were just straight out removed even.
They don't need to be removed, just changed to the TvC/SFxT format.

Chun-li has an infinite if you TAC. Magneto can do an air loop. Dormammu can link two Dark Holes. TACs make hitstun scaling simply NOT EXIST until you touch the ground. That's why MODOK is insane for TACs - you can max out your cubes in one combo.

Stupid 360 D-pad...
I told you that a while ago. :p It's just as important as Morrigan's fly-cancels are. Yes, you need to get a stick or a better pad.

Edit: Oh, and it turns out you can't TAC someone while they're being hit by Hidden Missiles.

CPS2 said:
This is the one I recorded earlier... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwChS1LeHxg

I've found some really reliable ones against small characters, less hits but they're easy to do. I can upload them if you want.
Thanks for the video! And yes, I'd be interested in seeing shorter/more reliable combos.

Karsticles said:
I honestly just said "no" when I saw the combo, and moved on. I hate TACs anyway.
Who knows if I'll end up being able to use this in matches, but learning it is a good exercise for me, especially since it's the first doublejump combo I've really tried (with any character).

I'm wondering though why you called Sentinel Zero's "natural partner?"

I love Akuma's assist, but I sure am ass with him on anchor. This is pretty much my Akuma gameplan right now.

kE3FC.jpg

That's every Akuma player's gameplan, and it works better than it should. People complain about Dormammu's chip damage...

Who knows if I'll end up being able to use this in matches, but learning it is a good exercise for me, especially since it's the first doublejump combo I've really tried (with any character).

I'm wondering though why you called Sentinel Zero's "natural partner?"
Sentinel Force is not a true blockstring, so you can command dash through your opponent while the drones are going and it's almost impossible to block.

Karsticles said:
That's every Akuma player's gameplan, and it works better than it should. People complain about Dormammu's chip damage...

Sentinel Force is not a true blockstring, so you can command dash through your opponent while the drones are going and it's almost impossible to block.
Ohhhhh. So you can command dash, say, in between the first and second drone, and still cross them up? That makes sense.

JeTmAn81

Parallax Scroll said:
I love Akuma's assist, but I sure am ass with him on anchor. This is pretty much my Akuma gameplan right now.

This is missing Tatsu spam, a cornerstone of any good Akuma's game plan.

Karsticles said:

Magneto/Hsienko/Phoenix just became a problem.

get hit by magneto = 700k combo + DHC glitch into Hsien, hsien air tags down right away + unscaled magneto flight combo.

1 dead character, builds over 5 bars of meter, plus magneto now has a fully invincible assist. Even if you started with 0 bars, you wind up with around 4 bars. Hell, you'd wind up with over 3 just doing day 1 magneto flight combos.

get hit by magneto = 700k combo + DHC glitch into Hsien, hsien air tags down right away + unscaled magneto flight combo.

1 dead character, builds over 5 bars of meter, plus magneto now has a fully invincible assist. Even if you started with 0 bars, you wind up with around 4 bars. Hell, you'd wind up with over 3 just doing day 1 magneto flight combos.
Scary stuff indeed.

CPS2

Parallax Scroll said:
Thanks for the video! And yes, I'd be interested in seeing shorter/more reliable combos.

here they are

What I've found is, you can't really use rocket punch during a midscreen TAC unless you're going to cancel it straight into hard drive, so the midscreen combos usually have fly, unfly and a double jump, they don't last that long. Also, you don't have hitstun scaling until you land, but after the standing rocket punch at the end of a TAC, HSF won't combo unless you DHC into something that hits very quickly, which explains why I've been seeing a lot of people with extended Sent TAC's finishing off Sent's portion with another TAC into someone else. With the right team combination tho, where you can hit them with a quick super and still have HSF connect, you should find some good combos out of it.

Neki

God's Beard said:

couldn't this work with Magneto/Zero/Phoenix too? that sounds like a much more solid team, unless you really like the gold assist.

Nyoro SF

God's Beard said:

Oh ho, so my team of Deadpool / Hsien-ko / Sentinel just became a lot stronger...

Ultimoo said:
Zero with shadow clone seems like a good assist. :O
For Magneto? It's not that great. People think Haggar with Magneto is godlike, armored hsien is even better.

Nyoro SF said:
Oh ho, so my team of Deadpool / Hsien-ko / Sentinel just became a lot stronger...

Yeah, too bad you'd air tag back into Deadpool after the DHC trick instead of Sent, though. At least you'd still have some godlike stuff when Deadpool dies.

Positive Hsien-Ko news in my GAF?

NO WAI
Karsticles said:
Do as you like - every good Hsien-ko player I have witnessed does this. Personally, when fighting Hsien-ko as Dormammu on point, I'm unsafe as all getout because I know that any damage I do to Hsien-ko is infinitely more valuable than the risks of one of her 500K damage combos.
The matchup is really not that good, for me, yeah...
Karsticles said:
I told you that a while ago. :p It's just as important as Morrigan's fly-cancels are. Yes, you need to get a stick or a better pad.
Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up one of those SF pads now. I'm not cheap, but I have to be a little more careful now that I'm not working.
God's Beard said:

Is there any reason why this wouldn't work with Doctor Doom who is another fantastic meter builder?

I need to hunker down and learn my gongs and flight cancels(which are coming along, actually) so that I can see what happens with TACs.
Ultimoo said:
Zero with shadow clone seems like a good assist. :O
Not when he eats that hyper.

Sure, if you like not ever having any assists.
I have heard that if Zero has Sougenmu assists, the shadow always carries out its actions regardless of whether Zero gets hit when you call him, making it an unstoppable assist a la Hsien-ko. I've never tested it before, though, because I don't like Zero.

Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up one of those SF pads now. I'm not cheap, but I have to be a little more careful now that I'm not working.
Maybe check your local craigslist? I got my PS3 from craigslist almost a year ago for $200, and it came with 5 games, two controllers, a headset, and an HDMI hookup.

Ultimoo said:
well if you're treating him like tron assist or haggar, of course he might get blown up. :p
I just don't think it's as solid of a team to basically run 2 point characters with no great assists instead of 1 point with a killer assist.

Karsticles said:
I have heard that if Zero has Sougenmu assists, the shadow always carries out its actions regardless of whether Zero gets hit when you call him, making it an unstoppable assist a la Hsien-ko. I've never tested it before, though, because I don't like Zero.
Even if Zero gets hit on the way in? I find that hard to believe. Even then, Zero doesn't have the hitbox or active frames to make it anywhere near as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom