• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Super MvC3 will do anything about chicken blocking. BBCS2 rectified it by making a number of normals air-unblockable, so if you try to jump away, you get exposed.
Dormammu's c.M for air unblockable please.
I know that would be ridiculously overpowered.

_dementia said:
I wonder if Super MvC3 will do anything about chicken blocking. BBCS2 rectified it by making a number of normals air-unblockable, so if you try to jump away, you get exposed.

Isn't that what Darkstalkers did? You can only air block certain stuff?

shaowebb

LeMaximilian said:

Shout outs to Maximillian for taking the time to do so much work online and for producing those vids.

Your production value is pretty high on your assist me vids and your online warrior matchups are always pretty slick. What're you using for editing BTW? Adobe After effects?

I digress...

Any chance I could convince you to do a vid for either Super Skrull, Arthur, or Viewtiful Joe Maximillian? Those guys are pretty odd (though Skrull is pretty good to pick up) and I'd love to catch a video breakdown of tactics, setups and tricks for them from you sometime if your up to trying these characters out.

Fun fact. Charlie Adler, Super Skrull's voice actor, was also Buster Bunny, Ickis, Cobra Commander,The Hamburglar, Snively, almost everyone on Cow and Chicken.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
shaowebb said:
What're you using for editing BTW? Adobe After effects?

Almost everything I do is in Sony Vegas 10 actually. Gonna be testing some specific rendering stuff later to make the gameplay look better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just wanted to chime in and say good shit with your two most recent videos Max, you should get UltraDavid to come in and play PW in the inevitable Assist Me episode.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Parallax Scroll said:
IIRC in Street Fighter Alpha, all ground normals were air unblockable. I forget how it worked in Darkstalkers.
I think it was the same. Any grounded attack that isn't a projectile breaks air guard in some games.

That would be interesting to see in Marvel but I fear it would push the problem too much in the opposite direction.

Sixfortyfive

LeMaximilian said:
I gotta say that I still disagree with you about nerfing air throws. To follow up on what we were just talking about, you nerf air throws and you end up making up-back that much better than it already is since normal jumps don't have that "one action" limit in this game like they did in MvC2. (And it would make Felicia F-tier. D:)

If I have a better internet connection at the place I'm moving to next week I'mma probably bug you about getting in some games online sometime.

Nyoro SF

Sixfortyfive said:
I gotta say that I still disagree with you about nerfing air throws. To follow up on what we were just talking about, you nerf air throws and you end up making up-back that much better than it already is since normal jumps don't have that "one action" limit in this game like they did in MvC2. (And it would make Felicia F-tier. D:)

If I have a better internet connection at the place I'm moving to next week I'mma probably bug you about getting in some games online sometime.

They could make it so that some air throws are slower than others.

Watching She-Hulk players jump forward and hit air throw when close which doubles as a high priority normal is one of the more brainless things in MvC3. Same goes for Taskmaster and Magneto.

I say if they want to nerf up back then just increase the floatiness on normal back jumps so you are more vulnerable to dash up -> high priority ground-to-air normal.

Neki

Nyoro SF said:
They could make it so that some air throws are slower than others.

Watching She-Hulk players jump forward and hit air throw when close which doubles as a high priority normal is one of the more brainless things in MvC3. Same goes for Taskmaster and Magneto.

I say if they want to nerf up back then just increase the floatiness on normal back jumps so you are more vulnerable to dash up -> high priority ground-to-air normal.

as long as they don't nerf ammy's air throw, yes.

Dahbomb

Sixfortyfive said:
I have to agree with this, air throws (being powerful) is now an integral part of MVC3 play. It's the only thing making up/back chicken blocking not that powerful. The only problem with air throw is the HUGE diversity in options some characters have ranging from TOD off of air throw or.... nothing at all solo.

Another problem with air throws is like the post above me mentions is the option select that some characters have with their air throw. Wolverine's option select with f+H, d/f+H is too good... if you block he air throws you... if you just get hit by f+H he can just hit confirm into Drill Claw Dive Kick for full combo.

Sixfortyfive

That is funny, yeah. I have a friend who plays this a bunch who also isn't that big on or skilled at fighters, but he was astute enough to realize that. "Seems like if you've got an awesome heavy attack, you're golden in this game [due to throw option select]."

Neki

Sixfortyfive said:
That is funny, yeah. I have a friend who plays this a bunch who also isn't that big on or skilled at fighters, but he was astute enough to realize that. "Seems like if you've got an awesome heavy attack, you're golden in this game [due to throw option select]."
wolverine, she-hulk, ammy, wesker, magneto seems good enough for me!

shaowebb

I'm a Ryu player so you KNOW I'm down with Air throw.
Air throw shinko. I should try DHC into chun li's lightshow of doom outta that to see if it continues the otg damage or falls under the 1 per combo exception.

USD

You can always download the video, then change the audio sync in whatever media player, or (a bit trickier) open it in two tabs, mute one, and adjust the timing the video to match the audio of the second.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
USD said:
You can always download the video, then change the audio sync in whatever media player, or (a bit trickier) open it in two tabs, mute one, and adjust the timing the video to match the audio of the second.
Yeah watching it was kind of odd hearing a Gravity Squeeze pop off a few seconds ahead of time. I turned down the audio and it helped a bit, but the delay increased over time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nose Master said:
Wait, flame carpet OTGs?
Yes, but you have to have an assist to prop them up if you plan on extending a combo using it, cause the hits of flame carpet will go by in rapid succession if the character is on the ground.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Yes, but you have to have an assist to prop them up if you plan on extending a combo using it, cause the hits of flame carpet will go by in rapid succession if the character is on the ground.
when did you get a tag? what.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
when did you get a tag? what.
Amir0x said that only admins could give tags in a recent thread. I believed him, and told others not to fear petty mod Blackace for he did not possess the powers to tag.

I was proven wrong.

Dahbomb

Sixfortyfive said:
That's actually funny he said that...

According to Combofiend, one of the best ways to spot a good character from a bad one is how good their jump H is and their ability to air throw option select from it. It's one of his tips to beginners in this game.

The only few exceptions here are Tron, she has a good jump H and throw game and Dante who you can't really press the j.H button too hard or else you will get Rainstorm. Characters like Wesker, Wolverine, Amaterasu, She Hulk, Taskmaster, Zero, Magneto STRIVE on this.

I hate Phoenix and Wolverine so much lol. Makes me want to climb to the top of a mountain just to scream their names like Stallone did in Rocky 4(?).
God's Beard said:
Doom has the best jump H ever. PEW PEW PEW
Tron's H eats projectiles and getting caught in one is instadeath for most of the cast.

Tobe

FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!

goddamit im on a bad streak since last week, sorry solar for those weak, shitty matches i was free as the air we breath dammit. iam salty might as well be the logo of goddamn mortons. ugh. btw solar really your hsienko got a whole lot more annoying this time around i dont what you did but is was good.

Tobe

i hate when im forced to play defensively, i was stubborn and kept on rushing well next will be different. GG solar good shit on activating RL xfactor

get HUNGRY marvel-gaf

Hey GAF, remember several weeks ago on The Break Weekly stream how MastaCJ said he'd love to go to Evo but he lacks the funds?
Well apparently has the majority of money but is still somewhat short.

He made this post on reddit earlier today:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/it4px/mastacj_evo_22k11/

MastaCJ said:
Hey guys, Masta CJ here. I just want to make public to as many people as possible that I won't be able to make it to evo unless i acquire the necessary funds for evo. I have 2 individuals willing to sponsor part of my trip so far and i'm about 70% of the way there. I know a majority of my followers/fans are from here and would like to give you guys to opportunity to sponsor my trip for evo. Feel free to comment or PM me. I'm not on reddit as much as I am on facebook so to reach me quicker PM me here http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000252589360 I appreciate any and all effort from my friends/fans trying to help me get out to the big one. Much love! Peace

~Masta CJ

It seems he might do what Marn did and offer some sessions for those who donate.
https://twitter.com/#!/MarnORZ/status/90498817543245824

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
I hate Phoenix and Wolverine so much lol. Makes me want to climb to the top of a mountain just to scream their names like Stallone did in Rocky 4(?).

Tron's H eats projectiles and getting caught in one is instadeath for most of the cast.
Don't worry, even Justin Wong wants Wolverine/Phoenix nerfed. Check his latest interview at SRK.

smurfx

get some go again
Widdly Scuds said:
Hey GAF, remember several weeks ago on The Break Weekly stream how MastaCJ said he'd love to go to Evo but he lacks the funds?
Well apparently has the majority of money but is still somewhat short.

He made this post on reddit earlier today:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/it4px/mastacj_evo_22k11/

It seems he might do what Marn did and offer some sessions for those who donate.
https://twitter.com/#!/MarnORZ/status/90498817543245824
i would throw 10 bucks to both cj and marn if i can get a 10 game set with them for marvel. except this time i would want cj to play his usual team. i don't care if i get blown up. i want to face his real team this time instead of just once. i will look into it tomorrow or wed.

Dahbomb said:
Don't worry, even Justin Wong wants Wolverine/Phoenix nerfed. Check his latest interview at SRK.
That is a very comforting thought haha. The metagame would be absolutely amazing if the bottom five were just a little better and the top were a little worse. We'd be seeing all kinds of teams that no one could ever imagine.

I love seeing Spidey users, Clockwork, Spencers and all kinds of characters. Phoenix and Wolvie bore the shit out of me.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
They should make Bony Wolvie's dive kick OTG capable.
and make sure his dive kick has absolute priority over all normals and that is including double lariat. also since bone claw doesn't have that heavy adamantium in him anymore he should be 1.5 times faster than regular wolvie.

I have to agree with this, air throws (being powerful) is now an integral part of MVC3 play. It's the only thing making up/back chicken blocking not that powerful. The only problem with air throw is the HUGE diversity in options some characters have ranging from TOD off of air throw or.... nothing at all solo.

Another problem with air throws is like the post above me mentions is the option select that some characters have with their air throw. Wolverine's option select with f+H, d/f+H is too good... if you block he air throws you... if you just get hit by f+H he can just hit confirm into Drill Claw Dive Kick for full combo.
I've been thinking about this a lot too. Maybe throws should be done by pressing M+H, like in BlazBlue? Also, everyone should be able to do the same things off of a throw. Either everyone can combo off of a throw solo, everyone needs an assist to help them, or everyone can just get a hyper off, etc. It's absurd that some characters really can't be a threat as long as their opponent just holds back and up.

Wait, flame carpet OTGs?
Yes.

Amir0x said that only admins could give tags in a recent thread. I believed him, and told others not to fear petty mod Blackace for he did not possess the powers to tag.

I was proven wrong.
Oh, and here I thought it was a special privilege to edit your own tag or something after a while. That's...irksome.

Doom has the best jump H ever. PEW PEW PEW
I love whiffing back throws with Doom.

In the air: crappy laser pewpew.
On the ground at point blank range: hidden missile! -_-

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Oh, and here I thought it was a special privilege to edit your own tag or something after a while. That's...irksome.
It's still a privilege, but if you get stuck with some of the bad ones people have out here it can be frustrating for some. Mine is.. insubstantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom