• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
is clockw0rk on xbox live? just played this high lord that played his exact team and he was called striderdoom. this youtube video has this guy claiming to be fighting him and the guy he is playing is called striderdoom. anyways i beat him so that would be a nice feather in my cap. :p killed his dark phoenix dead with tasky.

JeTmAn81 said:
I noticed Firebrand doing this. Son, I am dismay. This will only work if Phoenix is also going to be receiving a serious nerf.
Maybe X-factor is getting a nerf.

I'd love for it to be just a roman cancel and nothing more.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The very faint lifebars of your assists really bothers me and X-Factor is never gonna be just a roman cancel with Capcom's design philosophy for the game.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Yo. Did Magneto get something else alongside of HyperGrav to bring you closer to him? o__0 Storm and Magnus both got something like Seth's vacuum.

Edit: Hyper Grav usually brings you to him wherever he is on the stage. This brought Ryu horizontally across the stage, in the air, while Maggy was on the ground.

edit edit: Like, I don't understand. I've always liked Magneto in all the other versus games, but why does he need TWO HyperGrav like moves? I'll have to see it in motion, in the hands of experienced players.

Edit edit edit: Heh. Storm's move is a throwback to X-Men Cota.

I'm very excited about UMVC3 but am also very concerned with the number of new characters. Pretty much in the history of Capcom expansions/sequels the new fighters are always untested/broken as hell.

In other news, who else is looking forward to "When UMVC3 comes out.." hate messages. I know I am. Tron/Sent/Phoenix 4eva!

Oldschoolgamer

That UI is a huge horrible mess:

-You start the match with X-factor. Why make the X even bigger?
-You can't even see the assist characters health...

Who thought that was a good idea? :|

IMO, return the health bars to how they were before, but the new X-Factor placement is nice.

Edit: Oh, and the meter bars. They were PERFECT before. What is this?!

dankir

Dahbomb said:
I have one for almost all my characters. The one for Iron Man is pretty hard, the fly/unfly version requires godly hit confirm skills.

Where is Dahbomb?? Is he dead from the Vergil announcement??

Also, it looks like Firebrand's summon is his level 3 - maybe that's why it has no timer. Maybe it's permanent until he's snapped out or dies?

Edit: I don't think Tron is set to Gustaff Fire in that video. I think she does her boulder toss. Happy to be wrong, of course.

@God's Beard:
You now know what you must do in your interview with Seth Killian:
1) Bitch about the new UI
2) Complain about TACs still being random

That new HUD/UI is gigantic and it is in the way. Also, not knowing whether or not X-factor is there shouldn't even matter. It's not like it is something that people can forget they activated unless they have serious memory issues.

The game just looks extremely unappealing now. The whole ordeal has been saved by Virgil, Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and Strider.

kirblar

Normal Wolverine has been slowed WAY down in UMvC3.

And yes, GB, please let Seth know that the new UI has two big problems:

1) The X-Factor gauge is seizure-inducing
2) You can't tell how much Red/Yellow you or your opponents' assist characters have.

kirblar said:
Normal Wolverine has been slowed WAY down in UMvC3.

And yes, GB, please let Seth know that the new UI has two big problems:

1) The X-Factor gauge is seizure-inducing
2) You can't tell how much Red/Yellow you or your opponents' assist characters have.
and no women

wheres all the waifus

Bleepey

Ogrekiller said:
687uqp.jpg

Can i see the vid of this?

Oldschoolgamer

I really, really, really want to know how Air Xfc is going to work.

Cause shit like: Sent uses Hard Drive->Xfc->combo of death. Sounds lol worthy.

Neki

Oldschoolgamer said:
I really, really, really want to know how Air Xfc is going to work.

Cause shit like: Sent uses Hard Drive->Xfc->combo of death. Sounds lol worthy.

Sentinel can already do that without XFC.

Ultimoo said:

He wouldn't have to land and do the crouching M now though?

I imagine it would be like, you do a combo into the air, Hard Drive, xfc it while you are in the air, start a fly/unfly combo, send them back down, rocket punch-super. Could get crazy too if you TAC Sent into the combo before Hard Driving.

Oldschoolgamer

Ultimoo said:

Huh. He can't X-factor cancel hard drive in mid air. I know he can tiger knee it for an insta-air version, but he doesn't have two get out of jail free cards at once.

Yea, now he won't have to land, if it works like it looks.

Neki

ThatCrazyGuy said:
He wouldn't have to land and do the crouching M now though?

I imagine it would be like, you do a combo into the air, Hard Drive, xfc it while you are in the air, start a fly/unfly combo, send them back down, rocket punch-super. Could get crazy too if you TAC Sent into the combo before Hard Driving.

Sentinel can just start a combo, end it with a tiger knee rocket punch into Hard Drive, and as many hypers as he wants in the corner. Takes meter, but you don't need XFC. :p

Huh. He can't X-factor cancel hard drive in mid air. I know he can tiger knee it for an insta-air version, but he doesn't have two get out of jail free cards at once.
I was just saying that he can combo off death off a hard drive already.

Oldschoolgamer

Ultimoo said:
Sentinel can just start a combo, end it with a tiger knee rocket punch into Hard Drive, and as many hypers as he wants in the corner. Takes meter, but you don't need XFC. :p

I was just saying that he can combo off death off a hard drive already.

True .

edit: Srk forums...man. The servers are done...

Kars what tech do you use with Dorm/Magneto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom