• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I busted out my Sega Saturn to play some Vampire Savior and got me to thinking about XFactor.

I wish it could blend with the dark forces system somewhat, where you are getting specific abilities to that character. Say like Hulk activates dark force (xfactor), so he smashes himself in the head to make him himself more angry, then he gets his little power up/speed boost for a little bit.

Part of also wishes it could be kinda like the infinity gem system from MSH where you had to basically pick your type of powerup.

Of course, the roman cancel aspect of xfactor needs to be in there somewhere. IDK, just some thoughts.

And man, Wolvie was BS in MSHvsSF even!! lol. Super jumping and mashing M punch to get meter. Damn him!

Also in that game, they took out all the tri dashers basically (I think Sims and Chun's were toned down). It was a damn shoto fest, heh. (I still like it, go Omega Red).

Neki

Karsticles said:
I always found God's Beard's tag to be endearing.
I want an awesome tag. D:

Tron's H eats projectiles and getting caught in one is instadeath for most of the cast.
All of the cast with a DHC glitch actually. Her combo builds enough meter to support the DHC glitch + one hyper.

shaowebb

Ya know as I learn Chun Li for my team I love her more and more. Those kicks honest to God cross up and knock people out of shit you wouldn't believe and the H version can do between like 80k and 100k if it connects solid. Its even safe on block.

I've been doing drones and double air dash go behind or dash M into magic series with her, but I'm noticing that my accidental moments with those kicks actually build meter, do respectable damage and keep me safe on block during air dashes where its too likely I'll lose Sent if I try to call him in for drone mixups. Plus using those kicks for an assist keeps corner pressure so tight with my Ryu that i'd swear his jump tatsu L becomes an unblockable crossup in corners during it. Its also fun to end an air combo with shinko and on the way down stop my fall with a hadoken to throw them off and then redirect my landing into that same crossup tatsu to start it over again. Throws a lot of people off pretty bad who're trying to predict his drop.

I'm just loving Chun more and more since now all 3 of my team contain invincible hypers (Hard drive, Hyper Tatsu, and Supah LEG) making DHC counter wars usually turn in my favor against guys who tend to try to counter with Zero's death rainbow or Bionic Arm or something.

And even during certain matchups where its better to have Sent on point (Huuuuulk) I can kill with 2 meters (sometimes less) if I can land a TAC since Ryu's beam shoots them all the way down into the pain of Chun's light show. Sent combo ending in hard drive can even DHC into Shinko for continued salt.

Now if only I could think of a name for my Team.

Ultimoo said:
I want an awesome tag. D:

Wanna know the story behind my tag? Click it :D

Neki

Someone teach me how to do the basic Sentinel Flight combo.

I don't know what I do after cr.M -> S -> j.M - > j.H -> Fly -> j.L -> j.H -> Unfly -> ??

I have no idea what to do after I unfly. I try to do a j.M but I only get one off and then I fall to the ground.

also learned the Tron re-launch combo, hilarious.

I also remember there is a Sentinel Combo where you land on the ground mid-combo and re-launch, but have no idea how to do that one.

Ultimoo said:

I don't know what I do after cr.M -> S -> j.M - > j.H -> Fly -> j.L -> j.H -> Unfly -> ??

I have no idea what to do after I unfly. I try to do a j.M but I only get one off and then I fall to the ground.

I also remember there is a Sentinel Combo where you land on the ground mid-combo and re-launch, but have no idea how to do that one.
Jump cancel the last jM and you can follow it up.

IIRC, the full combo is something like this:
c.M, s.S, sj.MH, fly, MMH, unfly, double jump, MMHS. It might be a bit off. I suck at doing the double jump, so I usually just do this:

c.M, s.S, sj.MMH, fly, LLMMHS.

JeTmAn81

Karsticles said:
IIRC, the full combo is something like this:
c.M, s.S, sj.MH, fly, MMH, unfly, double jump, MMHS. It might be a bit off. I suck at doing the double jump, so I usually just do this:

That second one is the one I've mostly figured out how to do recently. It's pretty much the same as one of his mission mode combos. I wasn't able to get the fly stuff to work until I tried slowing down the initial MMH after the super jump and then I found myself having enough time for flight to start up and to get that first L out. It's kind of deceiving too, because you see them dropping after you start flight but the L jerks them back up into smacking range.

That second one is the one I've mostly figured out how to do recently. It's pretty much the same as one of his mission mode combos. I wasn't able to get the fly stuff to work until I tried slowing down the initial MMH after the super jump and then I found myself having enough time for flight to start up and to get that first L out. It's kind of deceiving too, because you see them dropping after you start flight but the L jerks them back up into smacking range.
IMO, one of the most important things with any character is to learn how each of your aerial attacks affects your opponent's positioning. I bet everyone in this game has a non-launcher air juggle, and it just hasn't been found yet.

Karsticles said:
IMO, one of the most important things with any character is to learn how each of your aerial attacks affects your opponent's positioning. I bet everyone in this game has a non-launcher air juggle, and it just hasn't been found yet.
Hell, I even know how to do air loops with Thor.

Neki

Yeah I can kinda do this one, but it seems very iffy on short characters. I find that sometimes the first j.M whiffs even after the two j.L. Maybe I'll just stick to crappy Sent combos online, lol.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
I have one for almost all my characters. The one for Iron Man is pretty hard, the fly/unfly version requires godly hit confirm skills.

Dr.Doom is SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD why did I ever stop playing youuuu :)

I still think that Doom has the best blockstring pressure in the game. It's stupid nasty.

He's the only character in the game that can jump cancel his launcher on block, he has 2 dash-cancellable dive kicks(one of which inexplicably crosses up in the corner) and a brilliant crossup normal that hits twice.

Today I'm working on my pressure and mix ups, so this is a lot of fun, just setting the dummy to all block and working against random advancing guard.

shaowebb

CPS2 said:
This sent combo looks pretty cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdzApVe3j-s

A bit old but if people are asking about that stuff it's worth posting.

All I do at the moment is cr.M xx S, j.H xx fly, f.L xx H, unfly, j.M, double jump H xx S
Not really optimised at all but it works on everyone.

I love that combo. You know if you pop X-factor at the end during either of those two hypers you can keep it going long enough to even body Thor. Pop it too soon though and you'll overshoot your stuff on those inputs and they'll fire before you can fall into things like the H after the unfly.

The thing is with Sentinel you gotta be real careful against some people and that combo gets tricky online with the timing. Hell its a bit tough to time that unfly normally so it's only something I'll attempt if I'm good and warmed up and if I wanna guarantee someone dies. Otherwise I tend to hang back and be carefull because that combo can get you killed pretty easily unless you got it polished.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I haven't checked the Magnus threads in a while. I feel like I'm mad behind on tech. -.-

He has a triple overhead that works on medium/tall characters. :eek: I can't get it though. :( Feels like you have to hit the inputs really, really, really fast.

Also, yay for a Normal Jump hypergrav loop.

Anth0ny

Finally back from vacation. It feels weird living without GAF. Did I miss anything important over the last 7 days?

I heard there was a temporary rule against swearing? what the fucking fuck?

Anth0ny said:
Finally back from vacation. It feels weird living without GAF. Did I miss anything important over the last 7 days?

I heard there was a temporary rule against swearing? what the fucking fuck?
Google put out some new rules that were supposed to be followed in order to continue using their ad services and people freaked out about censorship. Another legendary Gaf thread soon came out of the woodwork.

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437098

Also, UMvC3 is right around the corner. Lupinko cockteased us for over a week and deconfirmed characters days after we put them squarely in the confirmed category. We know nothing of the game and people are freaking out, man. We are supposedly going to get a media blowout for UMvC3 starting tommorow.

Thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29434993#post29434993

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. Not that it's of any huge importance, this was the first Tuesday where we didn't get any new events.

Looking to learn Iron Man, can someone point me to specific vids/tutorials? His section on srk is pretty bare, and the vids that are there are pretty...uhhh...well yeah.

Dahbomb

Nah that guide is a great place to start. The SRK character forum for Iron Man I listed has some really high level stuff.

With Iron Man you basically need to learn only a couple combos IMO:

Basic BnB: The double jump combo. This one you should know better than the back of your hand.

Fly/Unfly BnB: The current BnB combo for Iron Man that is the most reliable. It's hard for a beginner but that's what you signed up for when you picked Iron Man.

After that you just learn how to do a combo off of his throws, his anti-air combo/loop and a couple X Factor combos. Mix ups and resets come in as well and there are enough videos for that too. Controlling his dashes and tri-jumps is super important too.

Best way to start learning Iron Man is putting him at Anchor spot with the Unibeam assist. Then you just save X Factor for him and wreck people with just the basic BnB combo and general mobility options. .

Interestingly enough, I just finished reading through the Hsien-Ko thread and someone on the last page came up with an idea on how to pressure people in the corner using Hsien-Ko. I recently came up with it on my own and figured no one else has tried it.

It basically revolves around having an assist with plenty of active frames and Anki Hou H in the air. You've got plenty of time and options when you do this and it creates some pretty powerful pressure thanks to her J.H attack which does not let the opponent get out easily. Senpu Bu could also be incorporated into this setup for some really scary pressure and mixups which bring them right back to the opposite corner using Chireitou. I use Cold star to get it done, but there are tons of assists who can make this work well.

You might remember some of this stuff from our recent matches tobe.

Been running Iron Man, M.O.D.O.K., Hulk as my funsies team. Holy hell it is so awesome. Also, M.O.D.O.K. can combo like nobody's business. Easiest 650k in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mr Touchdown said:
Been running Iron Man, M.O.D.O.K., Hulk as my funsies team. Holy hell it is so awesome. Also, M.O.D.O.K. can combo like nobody's business. Easiest 650k in the game.
Easiest 650K in the game is Taskmaster or Sentinel.

Which reminds me, I've been building a new team. But not actually building because I don't know what to do with it. I was trying to build a team with Taskmaster on it, but I was unsure of who to place alongside him. Originally, I had X-23/Taskmaster/Ryu as my team, but I found that I wasn't liking Ryu on anchor so much. So I'm wondering, say if I was to make an Iron Man/Taskmaster/? team, or a ?/Taskmaster/Hulk team, who would fill those empty slots suitably?

Been experimenting with a lot of characters, just finding difficulty in pairing characters with Taskmaster that aren't She-Hulk or Spencer.

Dahbomb said:
Nah that guide is a great place to start. The SRK character forum for Iron Man I listed has some really high level stuff.

With Iron Man you basically need to learn only a couple combos IMO:

Basic BnB: The double jump combo. This one you should know better than the back of your hand.

Fly/Unfly BnB: The current BnB combo for Iron Man that is the most reliable. It's hard for a beginner but that's what you signed up for when you picked Iron Man.

After that you just learn how to do a combo off of his throws, his anti-air combo/loop and a couple X Factor combos. Mix ups and resets come in as well and there are enough videos for that too. Controlling his dashes and tri-jumps is super important too.

Best way to start learning Iron Man is putting him at Anchor spot with the Unibeam assist. Then you just save X Factor for him and wreck people with just the basic BnB combo and general mobility options. .

I browsed, that unispektrum video seemed to be the only decent thing there, but thanks for you input man, appreciate it! I've been playin this game casually with my ghetto ass Sent on point, dante, wolve bench lol. I've consistently gotten top 3 or 4 in tournies with that team but that's just cuz it's super easy/scrubby. There's this brick wall where i can beat most players, but when i go up against people that really know the game (Toan in my area) I can't win. So i've decided i really want to learn this game and viper/iron man look like cool characters, gonna be puttin in lots of lab time with them!

Thanks again!

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Wolverine?

Wolverine.

Interestingly enough, I just finished reading through the Hsien-Ko thread and someone on the last page came up with an idea on how to pressure people in the corner using Hsien-Ko. I recently came up with it on my own and figured no one else has tried it.

It basically revolves around having an assist with plenty of active frames and Anki Hou H in the air. You've got plenty of time and options when you do this and it creates some pretty powerful pressure thanks to her J.H attack which does not let the opponent get out easily. Senpu Bu could also be incorporated into this setup for some really scary pressure and mixups which bring them right back to the opposite corner using Chireitou. I use Cold star to get it done, but there are tons of assists who can make this work well.

You might remember some of this stuff from our recent matches tobe.

you haven't tried this on me, unless Morrigan is your active frames assist.

I've been working on the plink dashes a bit, but they leave me a bit confused. I think I'm doing them properly, but I'm not entirely sure.

I do them like this:

ML+QCF+ML+QCF+ML+QCF

Sometimes I end up crouching for a split second before the next dash starts, but it seems faster than usual. I definitely feel that I'm getting across the stage more quickly and the starting/ending animations are practically gone.
Ultimoo said:
you haven't tried this on me, unless Morrigan is your active frames assist.
I just started using this subconsciously about a week ago.

Also, the assist needs to have a lot of active frames while attacking. Morrigan has no assist with tons of active frames while attacking. Other attacking assists like Magneto's disruptor attack are offensive but have very few active frames. Think of Doom's molecular shield, Ammy's cold star, Dante's Jam session, Haggar's lariat, and Sent's drones. Assists that are active on the stage stay on the stage for a long time which puts pressure on your opponents while you throw everything along with the kitchen sink right at em.

Hsien-Ko's gongs would work well too, but the input is too funky to mess around with as of now.
Ultimoo said:
Wolverine?

Wolverine.
Sent and Taskmaster are easier, but the chances of failure are higher than that of Wolverine. He just has no risk compared to the other two. Still pretty easy though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GGs to Bark and the other GAFer that perfected me in the final game, hot damn, it feels bad to be on the receiving end of Zero.

That one game Bark, man if you had hypered a second earlier, my magic pixel Hulk wouldn't have taken it . That was close as hell!

Odinson

enzo_gt said:
GGs to Bark and the other GAFer that perfected me in the final game, hot damn, it feels bad to be on the receiving end of Zero.

That one game Bark, man if you had hypered a second earlier, my magic pixel Hulk wouldn't have taken it . That was close as hell!
I was screaming wtf when that happend and when you level 3'd through mighty thunder..ugh! Good games man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bark252 said:
I was screaming wtf when that happend and when you level 3'd through mighty thunder..ugh! Good games man.
Same with the Gamma Wave, Thor's got some really unsafe hypers haha

And sorry about the lag guys. My brother must have been streaming something or another that entire time.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:

Which reminds me, I've been building a new team. But not actually building because I don't know what to do with it. I was trying to build a team with Taskmaster on it, but I was unsure of who to place alongside him. Originally, I had X-23/Taskmaster/Ryu as my team, but I found that I wasn't liking Ryu on anchor so much. So I'm wondering, say if I was to make an Iron Man/Taskmaster/? team, or a ?/Taskmaster/Hulk team, who would fill those empty slots suitably?

Been experimenting with a lot of characters, just finding difficulty in pairing characters with Taskmaster that aren't She-Hulk or Spencer.

The Iron Man team is really good with Iron Man/ Ryu/ Taskmaster. Ryu isn't so hot as an anchor because he needs an assist a lot of times to get around , but as your 2nd guy he should have still get a ton of meter from Ironman and even if he comes in with Ironman dead you have a proper assist in Taskmaster to set him up for his stuff. His crouching combos are great and a dash up during a beam or arrow assist goes into them great. Also great is beam assist with a jumping L tatsu crossup.
That shit= free combo and either Task or Ryu can finish a combo in the air with a hyper out of TAC. Ryu is safer to land with though given that he can stall with hadoken and tatsus redirect him out of there.

The Hulk Team is tricky. I never really used Hulk on anchor since he was generally in there with my sent drones, but on a team like that needing a good point I'm thinking maybe Magneto. He's pretty mobile and you could lock them down with task vertical shot and disruptor spam or when they try to jump a hulk gamma wave you can grab them with some magnetic fun. Plus DHC glitch is on deck for Taskmaster that way and thats a game winner for him. Magneto plus those two = I don't know how they'll catch you on keep away plus you can get some really long combos out of them.

smurfx

get some go again
i think i'm going to donate the 10 bucks to mastacj. he will give you a first to 10 match up if you donate 10 bucks. he will post the match online and comment if you give 15 so i'm thinking what i should do.

Neki

smurfx said:
i think i'm going to donate the 10 bucks to mastacj. he will give you a first to 10 match up if you donate 10 bucks. he will post the match online and comment if you give 15 so i'm thinking what i should do.
I'd pay 10 bucks to get blown up, amirite?

smurfx said:
You should just give the money to me instead.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
I'd pay 10 bucks to get blown up, amirite?
oh you bet i'm going to get blown up but its always nice to play against really good players. plus mastacj is one of my fav tournament players and it would be nice to help him get to evo.

687uqp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom