• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Kadey said:
Definitely not Chauncy or Q.

Well if Seph and Cloud end up taking 1st and 2nd either way, I can save on shipping! Woooooo! Those two are the most likely to place top three besides Floyd. (I actually do not know how good the others are).

yeah but if I place top 3, shipping to me is going to kill you, amirite?

Nori Chan

I was wondering, why do I always read that Wolverine is so good? I know one reason because of his dive kick, but what else? Haven't been in much marvel action in a while.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
THIS IS LIFE
This just isn't making any sense to me. Ross has played muuuuuuuuuuch better than this before. It's as if he forgot everything from before about DHC safety and punishes all of a sudden.

@God's Beard, no he doesn't, he's just trying to make a point to Ross that he should change his team.

Noriega said:
I was wondering, why do I always read that Wolverine is so good? I know one reason because of his dive kick, but what else? Haven't been in much marvel action in a while.
Better than 50% left right mixups, safe on almost everything, super high damage, braindead easy combos, lots of life, kill off of an air throw.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
Dudes are smashing on their sticks like their lives depend on it lol.
And where the hell did Ross learn Mags loops amidst playing all his other less-execution based characters? :lol

Dahbomb

Noriega said:
*Easy access to an IMPERCEPTIBLE 50/50 left/right cross up that can be converted into high damage. He has access to this WITH NO RISK if he has an assist to hit confirm with or he has meter to make it safe or confirm it with.

*Berserker Slash is invincible on start up allowing it to by pass pretty much anything in the game. Combined with his fast dash and dive kick, Wolverine has no problem getting in and staying in. Berserker Slash is a huge component in making zoning pretty much non-viable in this game.

*Easy VERY RELIABLE bread and butter combo that combos off of pretty much any situation. Damage is solid on it given that there is no part in the combo where you are pressing more than 2 buttons at once...

*Every option of Wolverine is safe and those that aren't he can easily make safe with Berserker Charge.

*Since his BnB doesn't have a lot of hits in it as compared to other characters, it doesn't scale that much and this holds true in X Factor too. His general damage scaling is not that much meaning he does OBSCENE damage in LVL1 XF that guarantees a kill on connection. The high damage off of X Factor fuels his meter to obscene levels as well.

*Air throws can be confirmed with an assist into a full combo (X factoring will kill character). Ground throw can be OTG slide, X factor into character death.

*The X Factor LVL1 boost on Wolverine is so good that he can kills the first character easily in the 10 second time AND can start a combo on the incoming character killing him with some X factor juice remaining.

*Dominant cr.L with instant overhead on his j.L and j.S on big characters. j.L needs an assist to hitconfirm though.

*Combining his dominant air throw game, imperceptible left/right mix up, ability to stay in and by pass anything, high priority attacks like the dive kick and instant overheads... Wolverine is THE best character in the game to have when you have to kill an incoming character. When you kill the first character with LVL1 X factor, you have some left over to touch the next one killing 2 in the process and by that time you have enough meter to LVL3 the last character.

These are just a few of his Pros. Cheap doesn't even begin to describe Wolverine in this game. I feel dirty and nasty for using Wolverine.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I thought Combofiend started playing after Ross won a match.
Whaaaaaaaaat.

Combo using Iron Man?

Fakeedit: Yeah Filipino just said "Peter is just fucking around too." That clears up a lot.

"Yeah, Wolverine is fuckin' insane right now. Watching the fights makes me think that Iron man needs a better launcher. His current one is horrible.
enzo_gt said:
Whaaaaaaaaat.

Combo using Iron Man?

Fakeedit: Yeah Filipino just said "Peter is just fucking around too." That clears up a lot.
There was a gigantic difference in skill there. I didn't even need to read it on the comments to notice it haha.

enzo_gt said:
Whaaaaaaaaat.

Combo using Iron Man?

A long time ago, I recall Combofiend saying he wanted to play Iron Man but he couldn't make it work.

Dahbomb

Iron Man was Combofiend's character in MVC2. He played Magneto/Iron Man/Sentinel. He hasn't gotten to grips with IM in MVC3 but I have seen him attempt to play him a few times.

Best thing he ever did with Iron Man was ALMOST confirm an air attack into a fly combo right then and there.

And forgot about listing Wolverine's small as fuck crouching hitbox.

This is my new BnB for Magneto/Doom/Phoenix, it's simplified to the point of being pretty undroppable, so I should be able to grind matches out hardcore this week:

(Magneto)2ABCS, jH fad jH xx Magnetic Blast L, land, jH xx Magnetic Blast M, land, 2HS, jH fad jH xx Magnetic Blast L, land, H xx Hyper Grav L, back dash, Magnetic Tempest DHC Sphere Flame, HS xx Buktooth Loop

Damage: 1.15 million
Meter: + 2 bars

There's also a midscreen variation that does about 100k more damage for about the same level of difficulty, but it requires me to use Doom Missiles to OTG so I won't always have access to it.

I already have more experience fighting in actual matches with Magneto and Doom than any other character, so I should more comfortably be able to fight like this.

Man, Wolverine is freaking ridiculous. I was curious about his X-factor boosts so I decided to check my guide to see how he stacks up and the fucker has some crazy boosts.

I have no idea what they were smoking when they were tuning Wolverine, cuz damn those boosts are good.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
Man, Wolverine is freaking ridiculous. I was curious about his X-factor boosts so I decided to check my guide to see how he stacks up and the fucker has some crazy boosts.

I have no idea what they were smoking when they were tuning Wolverine, cuz damn those boosts are good.

but his divekick doesn't hit overhead anymore!

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:

You don't need to look at a guide book to know that his boosts don't make sense.

I mean they are good but the silly thing is Wolverine's own base scaling which is too good for his character archetype. Add to the fact the scaling on Fatal Claw and X factor's own scaling cap. What you end up having is a character who has a touch of death on even Thor from his simplest combo ending in Fatal Claw.

Compare Wolverine's base scaling to Storm, Magnet, Morrigan or Zero for comparison. Shit is bonkers.

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/287794915 <-- Thor beasting @ 1:39:00

AND SALTY MAN IS BACK!!!

Dahbomb said:
You don't need to look at a guide book to know that his boosts don't make sense.

I mean they are good but the silly thing is Wolverine's own base scaling which is too good for his character archetype. Add to the fact the scaling on Fatal Claw and X factor's own scaling cap. What you end up having is a character who has a touch of death on even Thor from his simplest combo ending in Fatal Claw.

Compare Wolverine's base scaling to Storm, Magnet, Morrigan or Zero for comparison. Shit is bonkers.

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/287794915 <-- Thor beasting @ 1:39:00

AND SALTY MAN IS BACK!!!
Yeah, X-factor only exacerbates the problem with him. I just don't get how they thought it would be a good idea to give that kind of damage to someone with so many moves, health and options. He is definitely coming into a league of his own at this point and his dominance could quite possibly be worse than Storm, Magneto and Sentinel's was back in MvC2.

Eh, I'm fine with it either way since I've gotten much better at the game. Phoenix is a bigger problem with me thanks to her salty balls and crazy chip damage.

Nose Master

My friend is going to live stream us watching the EVO stream. We're having a superbowl-esque party for it. Going to be ridiculous.

PS: Sorry for flaking out last night Smurf, friend randomly dropped by.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
Yeah, X-factor only exacerbates the problem with him. I just don't get how they thought it would be a good idea to give that kind of damage to someone with so many moves, health and options. He is definitely coming into a league of his own at this point and his dominance could quite possibly be worse than Storm, Magneto and Sentinel's was back in MvC2.

Eh, I'm fine with it either way since I've gotten much better at the game. Phoenix is a bigger problem with me thanks to her salty balls and crazy chip damage.

Anymore against DP I just pray that I can bullshit my way through spamming 3 meters worth of chip DHC. Usually I don't have all 3 dudes for this, but if so xfactor low to the ground hard drive into tatsu hyper into chun kicks chases DP around enough to kill some time on her lifebar and do some good chip. If two of them hit her blocking out of 3 I'm generally alright (as far as that goes against her).

At that point I just try to run away using any tricks I can during super jump to prolong hang time or to cheese anything below me upon landing. Most times I just die doing this unless sent hits a hard drive or unless Ryu's tatsu-l variant crosses her up long enough to mash tatsu hyper again if available ( you either mash or eat the salty balls that're incoming).

In other words I'm doing what everyone else tends to when they panic. Hope something with a lot of priority or invincibility connects clean so that I can get huge damage and kill her in one go instead of praying to outrun and outlast her healing BS and projectile mixups.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
Let's be real, without tons of tourney experience, you can only get so far.
if he does play i don't expect him to do shit but its interesting news. today i met somebody that knew about fighting games. it was this real nerdy kid and he knew everything about the fighting scene. we was more into mk9 so we didn't have too much to talk about but it was pretty cool meeting somebody else with interest in the fighting scene. for some reason i hardly know or meet anybody in real life that is into video games.

has this been posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQBTBqdWlxY

9ao8w4.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
if he does play i don't expect him to do shit but its interesting news. today i met somebody that knew about fighting games. it was this real nerdy kid and he knew everything about the fighting scene. we was more into mk9 so we didn't half too much to talk about but it was pretty cool meeting somebody else with interest in the fighting scene. for some reason i hardly know or meet anybody in real life that is into video games.
I have tons of friends that play video games, my entire circle of friends is composed of them so to speak, but not all of them play fighting games. A ton play casual Marvel with me, but I fit in this weird category in between casual and serious about Marvel, and there's only two friends of mine that fit into that category and I don't get play with them often. And this jump from casual play means whoever I play with can't enjoy it the same either cause it's just a beatdown, and that's not fun to anyone if your playing someone out of your league with more experience. And even still, I play 99% of my games offline, and only play online with GAFers.

Oh and Mike Ross is the hero from the past, who has come to save our future.

Kimosabae

Banned
Noriega said:
Maybe for Super they'll fix Iron Man's launcher. I really hope so, it's pretty shitty.

It doesn't need fixing. Its specificity is completely in-line with the rest of his design. Even still, it's one of the longest reaching launchers in the game.

Dahbomb said:
This is the bottom line when it comes to MVC3.
I wonder if Super MvC3 will do anything about chicken blocking. BBCS2 rectified it by making a number of normals air-unblockable, so if you try to jump away, you get exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom