• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
seriously though that was a good ammy ultimoo. didn't get to see much of your tron or sentinel. woo i'm now at 459 on ranked on live. i wanted to break 500 and jumped about 100 places from yesterday thanks to todays leveling up. looks like i am 268 at total wins on live.

Neki

my tron combos are way better than that, ask solar. today I even pulled off some random ass combo with her. Tron King Kobun into H drill into H drill into Sentinel Drones that were already on screen, loool. Only works with X-factor level 1 though, it was hilarious to see.

Ultimoo said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shiro420#p/u/5/EuTHCUSbyl8
shit guys, this is worse than my matches online. I can actually do combos online. I purely won based on Tron assist and okay fundamentals, but I didn't even finish one Tron combo/Sentinel combo, LOL.
Damn, that was not you at all.
Professor Beef said:
So much soap dropped, and I only just got done watching the first game!

On the plus side, I can imagine how good you must be when dem combos finish.
He is amazing. In our matches one fuck up on my part means I eat 60+ hit combos on the regular. This was not representative of what he can do at all, especially his Ammy.

Edit: Beaten above lol. His Ammy also never misses a beat either. This Ammy couldn't even link a single shuffle off regular H disk combos.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
He is amazing. In our matches one fuck up on my part means I eat 60+ hit combos on the regular. This was not representative of what he can do at all, especially his Ammy.

Edit: Beaten above lol. His Ammy also never misses a beat either. This Ammy couldn't even link a single shuffle off regular H disk combos.
with that kinda praise i can tell you totally think he would beat me. oh well nothing left but to improve and move up my goal and try to 20-0'ing you one day. :p

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Okay then...
somebody is taking what i'm saying seriously. :p anyways i really do need to play more ammy's. i've learned how to defend morrigan and hsien ko pretty good. wish i could play honzo gonzo and his ammy more. masta cj's ammy was pretty good but nothing special. one character which i really, really want to play more is dormammu. i wish there was a real high level dormammu player on neogaf that posted. i know tobe plays one but last time he was using phoenix. wish masta cj was a neogaf member. :( do any famous tournament players post at neogaf?

smurfx said:
somebody is taking what i'm saying seriously. :p anyways i really do need to play more ammy's. i've learned how to defend morrigan and hsien ko pretty good. wish i could play honzo gonzo and his ammy more. masta cj's ammy was pretty good but nothing special. one character which i really, really want to play more is dormammu. i wish there was a real high level dormammu player on neogaf that posted. i know tobe plays one but last time he was using phoenix. wish masta cj was a neogaf member. :( do any famous tournament players post at neogaf?

While it's not neogaf, I feel the following is close enough.

MastaCJ posts on reddit occasionally; he first started after a few people requested he do an AMA (ask me anything): http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/ifd7b/mastacjs_ama_ask_me_anything/

Also, EviltoasterofFP posts more frequently than CJ; serveral of his videos have been front paged on SRK. Here's his AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/i6ils/im_a_high_level_marvel_player_willing_to_help_out/

While eviltoaster seems to not mind taking requests for matches I am unsure of CJ's stance. Though he seems nice enough to give it a go, since he helped out a redditor that asked him for some advice via youtube: http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/idhi7/i_messaged_masta_cj_for_advice_on_playing_magneto/

smurfx

get some go again
Widdly Scuds said:
While it's not neogaf, I feel the following is close enough.

MastaCJ posts on reddit occasionally; he first started after a few people requested he do an AMA (ask me anything): http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/ifd7b/mastacjs_ama_ask_me_anything/

Also, EviltoasterofFP posts more frequently than CJ; serveral of his videos have been front paged on SRK. Here's his AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/i6ils/im_a_high_level_marvel_player_willing_to_help_out/

While eviltoaster seems to not mind taking requests for matches I am unsure of CJ's stance. Though he seems nice enough to give it a go, since he helped out a redditor that asked him for some advice via youtube: http://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/idhi7/i_messaged_masta_cj_for_advice_on_playing_magneto/
thanks and hopefully i'll learn when he plays on player matches. last time i played him it was around 7pm. eviltoaster was mad salty the last time i beat him so i don't know if he would play me. wonder if he plays on ranked anymore since i haven't seen him for the longest now.

edit:i see eviltoaster became a cosmic lord since i last played him. probably why i haven't seen him anymore. only cosmic lord i get matched up with normally are elpanadero and velox.

Naar

Hey guys Daigo will be coming to Kuwait again this year to play MvC3 and SF4 with the people here. I hope they improved their skills and ready to show the world how good they are/become :)

Here is a video that Daigo sent to the Kuwaiti's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk33VgVx3Xc

Hope to read your comments on their fighting skills after they face off with him

Gonna go on XBL in about 15 mins, I'm down to play with Marvel-GAF if anyone sees fit. I'm in central Canada if that matters, GT is KillaBMike

Probably will be trolling ranked or myself in training mode T_T

GatorBait

Can anyone give me a good resource on where to read up on or watch videos of basic character strategy? My team is Wesker, Dante, Deadpool, and my Wesker and Dante play is really basic at this point.

And before anyone says it, I would just get into training mode and practice, but I travel for work regularly and sometimes have nearly weeklong stretches where I can't play. It would be nice to learn some strategy during those times.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
GatorBait said:
Can anyone give me a good resource on where to read up on or watch videos of basic character strategy? My team is Wesker, Dante, Deadpool, and my Wesker and Dante play is really basic at this point.

And before anyone says it, I would just get into training mode and practice, but I travel for work regularly and sometimes have nearly weeklong stretches where I can't play. It would be nice to learn some strategy during those times.
All I can tell you with a team like that is that it's probably best to start Deadpool on point for DHC glitch purposes. He can start it and either of the other 2 can follow it up.

Ultimate assist/special combinations:

Doom/Magneto: Tap Disruptor assist then immediately do H Plasma Beam. It creates a Plasma Beam with purple edges! :-o

MODOK/Viewtiful Joe: Tap Hot Pink assist then immediately drop an aegis reflector. The bomb will get sucked through the reflector and launch towards your opponent like a cannonball! :-o

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shiro420#p/u/5/EuTHCUSbyl8
shit guys, this is worse than my matches online. I can actually do combos online. I purely won based on Tron assist and okay fundamentals, but I didn't even finish one Tron combo/Sentinel combo, LOL.
I hope you get your controller shit together next time, it looks like you got some solid stuff but were gimped at an execution level. Good shit, man. I thought you said you went 0-2? You didn't get destroyed at all. I like that DHC harmony and the "I don't give a fuck-RANDOM OKAMI SHUFFLE" bits were great. You some shit is wrong when you drop Sentinel combos :lol

God's Beard said:
Ultimate assist/special combinations:

Doom/Magneto: Tap Disruptor assist then immediately do H Plasma Beam. It creates a Plasma Beam with purple edges! :-o

MODOK/Viewtiful Joe: Tap Hot Pink assist then immediately drop a aegis reflector. The bomb will get sucked through the reflector and launch towards your opponent like a cannonball! :-o
Joe's bomb + Unibeam assist is a pretty godlike warhead delivery system.

Dahbomb

Naar said:
Hey guys Daigo will be coming to Kuwait again this year to play MvC3 and SF4 with the people here. I hope they improved their skills and ready to show the world how good they are/become :)

Here is a video that Daigo sent to the Kuwaiti's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk33VgVx3Xc

Hope to read your comments on their fighting skills after they face off with him
Daigo is out to get your guy's money!

FUCK YES HAHAHAHAH

I can finally do the Magneto/Doom DHC glitch! GODDAMN SON. Fuck Iron Man, fuck X-23, fuck Dormammu. I can finally use my best characters again ^_^

Magneto/Doom/Phoenix, SON.

Mags/Doom DHC trick: builds 5 bars, costs 2, kills everyone.

Best case scenario: Do Mags/Doom trick, kill point character, then in Doom/Mags/Phoenix order until Doom dies. Magneto/Phoenix DHC trick builds 5 bars, costs 2 + x-factor, kills everyone. Then no-xfactor Dark Phoenix + Disruptor assist. Magneto on anchor.

Neki

DR2K said:
Do they allow for simple mode n tournaments? I keed. I don't think you completed a single combo though.
I think I went the whole tournament completing like 3 ammy combos, lol. I probably would have done better with Simple.

I hope you get your controller shit together next time, it looks like you got some solid stuff but were gimped at an execution level. Good shit, man. I thought you said you went 0-2? You didn't get destroyed at all. I like that DHC harmony and the "I don't give a fuck-RANDOM OKAMI SHUFFLE" bits were great. You some shit is wrong when you drop Sentinel combos :lol
IT'S NOT RANDOM IF IT HITS, take that commentators. I went 2-2, but it doesn't mean I did well. :p

GGs despite both of us lag raging sixfortyfive. I can tell your Morrigan and Felicia are an absolute terror offline though. Definitely best of both I've seen, and I didn't know Felicia had a delta kick infinite in XF.

Spider-Man + unibeam becomes cheesy as hell online. It sucks that it's damn near impossible to do real combos online though :/

Fix this shit Capcom. Give it to ArcSys to put in BBCT code if you have to.

I really wish I had a good recording device. I would record every single match and put it up on youtube. Yesterday's matches with Ultimoo were actually really intense aside from the lag.
smurfx said:
I'm pretty sure that Karsticles is supposed to have a fantastic Dormm, but it seems like there is never a good time to play. Also, he only plays on PS3. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aside from NerdJosh, no MvC3 tourney pros post on GAF that I can recall. And NerdJosh doesn't even really post on GAF. He's posted here in there in tourney threads. Aside from that I think only Arturo and MarkMan are the only prominent FGC members that post on GAF.

I'm pretty sure that Karsticles is supposed to have a fantastic Dormm, but it seems like there is never a good time to play. Also, he only plays on PS3. :p
My Dormammu depends on how long I've been using the team he's in. He's such an assist dependent character. Whenever I switch teams, I have to semi-relearn him.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
Aside from NerdJosh, no MvC3 tourney pros post on GAF that I can recall. And NerdJosh doesn't even really post on GAF. He's posted here in there in tourney threads. Aside from that I think only Arturo and MarkMan are the only prominent FGC members that post on GAF.
wait nerdjosh posts here? what's his name on here? nerdjosh? he is one of the guys i really want to play. him and combofiend but i hear he plays on the ps3.

zon

smurfx said:
wait nerdjosh posts here? what's his name on here? nerdjosh? he is one of the guys i really want to play. him and combofiend but i hear he plays on the ps3.

Yeah he posts here. Still named nerdjosh. Arturo, MarkMan and Sp00ky also post here though art and sp00ky doesn't post much.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
enzo_gt said:

Yeb, Kuma, Fubar, Chauncy Talon, Haunts, etc, just to name a few. And how can you forget Max? Art actually posts much less than any of those I've mentioned.

USD

I don't know if anyone else has been watching this, but TriForce has been ranting for the past hour or so, on things like the East Coast SBO qualifier being singles (as opposed to teams), Marvel, EMP's perception and the East Coast in general:

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

mr. puppy

Banned
could somebody figure out who would be a better anchor for Dante/Haggar: Dormammu or Magneto? I want a projectile assist for when Haggar is my character after Dante is dead and I'm having trouble figuring out which of those two would be a better anchor.

Dahbomb

mr. puppy said:
could somebody figure out who would be a better anchor for Dante/Haggar: Dormammu or Magneto? I want a projectile assist for when Haggar is my character after Dante is dead and I'm having trouble figuring out which of those two would be a better anchor.
Sentinel?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Probably depends on who you're most comfortable with. Disruptah is a straight beam, while Dark Hole keeps them stationary if it hits them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
Yeb, Kuma, Fubar, Chauncy Talon, Haunts, etc, just to name a few. And how can you forget Max? Art actually posts much less than any of those I've mentioned.
Whoa Fubarduck posts on GAF?

Also, your right, can't believe I forgot all those guys. Guess a bunch of MvC3 pros do play on GAF.

smurfx said:
Yeah but he's made a grand total of like 5 posts that I've seen and they're all like "wish me luck!" in tourney threads though. Not sure if he actually visits often.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
enzo_gt said:
Whoa Fubarduck posts on GAF?

Also, your right, can't believe I forgot all those guys. Guess a bunch of MvC3 pros do play on GAF.

Fubar was in the GAF Live tourney. Lost to Art's team.

Since Dormammu has no projectile assist, seems like an easy decision.

Solune

enzo_gt said:
The assists on my team are a clusterfuck anyways.

Dormammu (Dark Hole)
Iron Man (Unibeam)
Super-Skrull (The spinning flame move)

Unibeam helps other characters get in, but outside of Flame Carpet + Unibeam/Skrull Assist, I have no OTG setups, so my combos are kind of limited. It may just be me, but I think the Skrull OTG assist takes way too long to come out to be effective. I'm not sure I understand the dynamic of picking assists in this game. Do I weigh them heavier on OTGs for setups for characters who can't self-OTG, or do I weight them more on actually assisting characters in getting in or defending? Probably a very team-specific question, but I'm not sure what to do about my team, I make do with what I have but I'm not sure if its the best.
Really late on this but I think you should use Tenderizer as your Skrull assist enzo since both Dorm and IM can OTG into it for an extender. Stone Smite is more of an extender move as well even though it has OTG properties since it has that long startup and wall bounces. This is of course if you have Skrull as your anchor.
I think picking assists depends on your play style. In my main team of Chris/Zero/Dante, I don't have any assists that allow me to get in or anti-air assists. I strictly use combo extenders. The two assists that I use to open up people are Akuma's divekick for overhead and Hulk's Gamma Wave since it does everything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Solune said:
Really late on this but I think you should use Tenderizer as your Skrull assist enzo since both Dorm and IM can OTG into it for an extender. Stone Smite is more of an extender move as well even though it has OTG properties since it has that long startup and wall bounces. This is of course if you have Skrull as your anchor.
I think picking assists depends on your play style. In my main team of Chris/Zero/Dante, I don't have any assists that allow me to get in or anti-air assists. I strictly use combo extenders. The two assists that I use to open up people are Akuma's divekick for overhead and Hulk's Gamma Wave since it does everything.
What do you mean Iron Man and Dorm can OTG into Tenderizer? Would that mean I'd have to call in Skrull assist and then Smart Bomb with IM to get someone up? I'm not sure if Smart Bomb lifts them high enough to get caught in the Tenderizer (because it is the H Tenderizer that goes upwards), so I'm not sure what the difference is between using that and Orbital Grudge.

USD said:
I don't know if anyone else has been watching this, but TriForce has been ranting for the past hour or so, on things like the East Coast SBO qualifier being singles (as opposed to teams), Marvel, EMP's perception and the East Coast in general:

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun
Caught the last fifteen minutes and commentators were getting trolled hard.

Still, it's nice to see Spidey moving up the ranks so quickly.

I have never been able to relaunch with Tenderizer assist with Dormammu mid-screen. If you can do it, show me a video and I'll gladly be corrected. Dormammu can relaunch anywhere with Orbital Grudge, though. The only reason to use Tenderizer is to abuse the fact that you can get 2 Dark Spells charged in the corner when OTG relaunching with it. So, if you use another assist that can get you 1 charge mid-screen (Wesker), then you can get 3D0C off every combo.

I played about 500 matches of Dormammu/Skrull/Doom (Molecular Shield) before dropping Skrull. I like Orbital Grudge because Dormammu can do a lot of stuff with it. I think the Dormammu guide on SRK is up to date with all of the tricks I used before I dropped him.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
enzo_gt said:
Hey Kadey, is the GAF MvC3 tourney still going? If not, who won?

Definitely not Chauncy or Q.

Well if Seph and Cloud end up taking 1st and 2nd either way, I can save on shipping! Woooooo! Those two are the most likely to place top three besides Floyd. (I actually do not know how good the others are).

Solune

No it looks like Karsticles is right, can't get Tenderizer to hit mid-screen at all. Guess it's only good for corner combos. Although IM does launch into it in the corner...

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Kadey said:
I think it's not so much that I forget Max posts on GAF; it's that I forget he's one of those internet superstars now.

Kadey said:
Definitely not Chauncy or Q.

Well if Seph and Cloud end up taking 1st and 2nd either way, I can save on shipping! Woooooo! Those two are the most likely to place top three besides Floyd. (I actually do not know how good the others are).

With Q out of the way I could have had a chance at top three. Maybe I could've gotten the Rouge doll and sold it to my cousin for a small fortune lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom