• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
An observation:
I'm watching Ryu in the release trailer again, and look at 0:30. Firstly, when Ryu starts his Shinkuu, he's colored blue. There's also a timer above his meter bar. I don't think Ryu's Shinkuu Hadoken is changing. Instead, I think he's gaining some way to buff his hypers.

At 0:38, Magneto is canceling an ability that pulls Ryu closer to him into Magnetic Shockwave.

At 2:22, there's a character spinning in a tornado, and the character portrait is covered, but you can see that once again there is a "buff" bar above the meter bar. I think this is Ryu performing a buffed Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.

True .

edit: Srk forums...man. The servers are done...

Kars what tech do you use with Dorm/Magneto?
I'm feeling a bit tired, but if you check the Dormammu Thread under using Magneto as a partner, read up about EM Disruptor. It's the best beam to use for Dormammu's teleports by a good margin.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Karsticles said:
An observation:
I'm watching Ryu in the release trailer again, and look at 0:30. Firstly, when Ryu starts his Shinkuu, he's colored blue. There's also a timer above his meter bar. I don't think Ryu's Shinkuu Hadoken is changing. Instead, I think he's gaining some way to buff his hypers.

At 0:38, Magneto is canceling an ability that pulls Ryu closer to him into Magnetic Shockwave.

At 2:22, there's a character spinning in a tornado, and the character portrait is covered, but you can see that once again there is a "buff" bar above the meter bar. I think this is Ryu performing a buffed Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpukyaku.

I'm feeling a bit tired, but if you check the Dormammu Thread under using Magneto as a partner, read up about EM Disruptor. It's the best beam to use for Dormammu's teleports by a good margin.

I didn't notice that. Ordinary guy isn't going to be so Ordinary.

As soon as the servers come back from the brink of death, I'll check. LOL

Busaiku

Karsticles said:
Well, you can definitely hear it, so it's definitely him.

ReiGun

I wish Power Man was in so I could put him with Iron Fist and show Logan and Ku-Ku what real best bros for life look like.

Exchange doesn't build meter? One of them takes away meter? Fuck. Jean Grey am cry now. :(

Edit: Okay, so exchange can still build meter.

Looks like Air tags don't build meter in Ultimate.
Yes they do. But the left/right tags DEPLETE your opponent's meter. The last fucking thing I need in this game is noob ass TAC spammers to remove meter from Dormammu.

Well, you can definitely hear it, so it's definitely him.
Oh right. Sound. I watch it all on mute at work, haha.

Tobe

Karsticles said:
Yes they do. But the left/right tags DEPLETE your opponent's meter. The last fucking thing I need in this game is noob ass TAC spammers to remove meter from Phoenix.

Oh right. Sound. I watch it all on mute at work, haha.

fixed

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Word. It's like...if they're going to die, they might as well just counter left/right. The other TAC's don't mean shit, cause they're still gonna build meter while they're getting styled on.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Phoenix players generally aren't overly concerned with regular Phoenix dying, dontchaknow.

Hopefully that's not the case in this game though.

Anyway, Rocket Raccoon = main, because I'm a furry.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I might make a quick analysis/recap video tonight. If you all would like, PM me some of the stuff you see and that's different in MVC3 I'll put you as reference for observing each new thing during the video. I already see a ton of stuff, but would rather give props to some of the folks on GAF. Appreciate any help you guys can provide.

smurfx

get some go again
alright i'm pretty hyped. just watched some strider videos and he looks freaking awesome. i can already tell he is going to be top tier. i was really hoping to see some more haggar in that one video but it didn't happen. hawkeye and ghost rider looked really interesting to me. taskmaster and hawkeye on my team? maybe. although i think i should probably pick up strider as i want a teleporting character on my team. some of the setups in the videos were pretty good.

LeMaximilian said:
I might make a quick analysis/recap video tonight. If you all would like, PM me some of the stuff you see and that's different in MVC3 I'll put you as reference for observing each new thing during the video. I already see a ton of stuff, but would rather give props to some of the folks on GAF. Appreciate any help you guys can provide.
one thing i noticed from the vid is the vertical taskmaster arrow landed right in front of him instead of the usual trajectory.

Doth my eyes deceive me or does Ouroburos not chip?

TAC seems to have gone some revisions. Hope there's more to that too so PHX players can't just mash left/right.

And I will be making some Avengers teams :D Mostly interested in the Marvel side again this time around. Wallbounce Shinku + Tornado Tatsu during what looks like a buff super for Ryu (meter going down and all) look like fun. Arremer looks hilarious too, and Penance Stare = Well Done.

Most hype for Hawkeye. Avengers + X-Men + Spider-Man = various versions of teams I want to play. So glorious, this game is.

Please let the online WORK this time around.

smurfx

get some go again
Bleepey said:
Can i see the vid of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQBTBqdWlxY

oh yeah so no doc oc huh? weird that they didn't release him even though they had already worked on him. wonder if there will be 2 more dlc characters and he might be one of them. doc oc and megaman as the final 2 characters to complete the game? 52 final characters would be nice. oh yeah and no cyclops as well! meh screw beam characters anyway. although i really do wonder why they didn't put him in since marvel is starting up an important story that involves him. maybe he will be the dlc character.

ReiGun

LakeEarth said:
Hawkeye's air arrow hyper needs a bit more flash. Too used to Taskmaster sending 30 arrows at once.
They didn't even bother to color his bow. It's all generic and brown and shit.

Can't wait to see what changes they made to Iron Man.

smurfx

get some go again
hey solar what version will you get? 360 or ps3? i hope everybody learns their lessons and gets the 360 version if they have one.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
you mean ps3 version.
its about time you sell your ps3 and get the real fighting games system. i'm not going to lie the air x factor is really rubbing me the wrong way. i was hoping they would tone down the usage of x factor and not making it stronger. plus magneto got some type of vacuum move? that is just bullshit.

smurfx said:
its about time you sell your ps3 and get the real fighting games system. i'm not going to lie the air x factor is really rubbing me the wrong way. i was hoping they would tone down the usage of x factor and not making it stronger. plus magneto got some type of vacuum move? that is just bullshit.

smurfx is right when I go to EVO next week there will be 360s... oh wait. :p

smurfx

get some go again
hey godsbeard ask seth killian if there will be an online tournament mode with spectator mode when you ask him a question since the spectator mode question is now dead. online tournament with spectator would make this game so much better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Godsbeard: If it's not answered in a week, can you ask if the DLC costumes for MvC3 carry over to UMvC3? And if they will have alt colours?

MahvelGAF: Anyone considering any teams including UMvC3 characters?

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
Godsbeard: If it's not answered in a week, can you ask if the DLC costumes for MvC3 carry over to UMvC3? And if they will have alt colours?

MahvelGAF: Anyone considering any teams including UMvC3 characters?
i was interested in both hawkeye and ghost rider as they would make nice additions to my team since they look like good keep away characters. i will probably try out strider though since one thing i'm missing from my team is a teleporting character. wonder what strider/haggar can do. i really hope they don't nerf the double lariat assist. if they do then they better make haggar way better.

Neki

Strider/Dante/Vergil for team teleport?
Dormmamu/Ghost Rider/Skrull for team flaming hot heroes
Phoenix W/Raccoon/MODOK for team why are we in this game
Taskmaster/Hawkeye/Spiderman for team Taskmaster does it better

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
Taskmaster/Hawkeye/Spiderman for team Taskmaster does it better
captain america can replace spiderman there too.

raccoon/viewtiful joe/ammy for team i can't fucken hit them!

Dahbomb

Some of my impressions of UMVC3 after almost getting over the HYPE (I am not going to post it in the on Gaming forum because it has turned into a roster bitch fest like it always does... All the people who care about game play are here):

ROSTER:

GOOD: Pretty much all from the Capcom side. Strider/Firebrand/Wright/Vergil/Frank are all good picks, Nemesis was totally left field no one saw that coming. Nemesis is Marvel enough though, he would be fine... I just think people are going to get hung up on "Too many RE characters". Firebrand and Strider are BEASTLY in game play footage, especially Strider who IMO is already top tier.

Marvel side has at least 4 good characters IMO. Dr Strange/Iron Fist/Nova/Ghost Rider. After seeing Ghost Rider in action, I am already a fan of his whip. The other characters I always liked especially Iron Fist who was always very underrated glad he got in.

WTF?:

Hawkeye. Very left field and I am very shocked that they would include him despite having Taskmaster in already. Screams cross promotion from Marvel.

Rocket Racoon. Most left field character ever. Even Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl were more confirmed than him. Nevertheless, Marvel side needed a pixie character so I guess he fits the bill. I just hope he is not gimmicky and is actually a good characte to play as.

BAD:

No Megaman X. :( Capcom has disowned MM completely.

Marvel side needed some fan favorites, closest ones we got were Ghost Rider and Dr Strange.

NO FEMALE CHARACTERS!

No Spider Man villains. :(

GAME PLAY CHANGES/OTHER DISCUSSION

*X factor appears clearly nerfed damage wise. However, X FACTOR IN THE AIR??? WOW.... I don't know what to say about that other than it looks hype as fuck. That is immediately a buff to many characters including Wolverine, Phoenix and Storm. I am interested to see how it works but I have warmed up to the idea.

*TACs... still meh. I heard they reduce meter for the opponent if it's left/right? Inconsequential even against Phoenix teams because then they would have little reason to not mash left/right once they get 5 bars. Need to see more on this. Godbeard I want you to harass Capcom on this shit.

*I saw a lot of buffs/new moves for old characters. Don't know how to interpret them but I LIKE WHAT I SEE. Especially Spencer's DIVE KICK! This means that re-tooling is officially confirmed for UMVC3 so I am excited to see how that pans out. I didn't see many nerfs but again this is just the beginning. Spider Man seemed squishy as ever.

*8 new stages is nice... MML stage is troll. DMC stage is all but confirmed, will come with the Vergil reveal (9/10 chance it's Temen-Ni-Gru).

*New HUD.... they need to change that shit instantly. X factor is too big, assist lifebars are at odd locations plus you can barely see their lifebars. Godbeard you need to fucking harass Capcom on this shit.

*Strider is a fucking beast in this game. If I had to guess right now, I would say that he is already top tier. Every single thing about him from MVC2 got buffed.

Except of course Ourouburus which got made into a LVL3 hyper. But if that shit hits you... you are pretty much dead. Look at the damage that Strider did to Haggar with it... INSANE!

*Firebrand looks very good in motion. He has a lot of good tools to him including some deadly left/right mix ups. He seems viable already. Definitely digging his playstyle.

*Ghostrider is as awesome as I hoped he would. Clearly a heavy hitter, OTG hypers and moves, command grab with whip which you can combo off of, huge range on whip (did you see the distance he hit confirms into a combo? SHIT IS BROKEN!). Penance Stare LVL3 is GOD TIER.

*First impressions with Hawkeye is that he is too much like Taskmaster. There are some clear differences but I am not sold on him yet. Biggest difference is that poison hyper? and that LVL3 hyper which really ups his damage in this game. Need to see more on him to be convinced, not as impressed as the other 3.

*Revamped online and Spectator mode? The fact that Capcom is making it as their bullet point for the game does not bode well. I don't expect much, this should've been in the game from the beginning.

*I think overall game did not feature any drastic changes (air X factor is the biggest change but it is accompanied by a damage nerf) game play wise. I don't even think they nerfed the damage that much. Game is still OMEGA LEVELS OF HYPE and that's what I want to see.

Did I miss something aside from this? Please respond quickly, my time here is money!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New moves for Spencer, Storm and Taskmaster. Ryu's tatsu hyper has a new animation, and a much larger hitbox. I'm not sure what else you missed.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Wolverine's Dive kick got nerfed.

Guesong

enzo_gt said:
New moves for Spencer, Storm and Taskmaster. Ryu's tatsu hyper has a new animation, and a much larger hitbox. I'm not sure what else you missed.

As well as Magneto ("Attract" new move) and V.Joe ("Dodge"). And the obvious Ryu Hadoken-beam-bounce-off-wall.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:

Aaaaaand I get the reflect option on my Shinko beams that Cyclops used to have! I swear this shit is going to be fucking INCREDIBLE for my team because I'm ALL about my Ryu play. That tatsu will be great because I can't tell you how many whiffs I've suffered with on that move.

Now my point character problems may also be solved given that my bro Iron fist is in the game! Chun is great but I'm betting my Iron Fist pal will be meant to work with Ryu somehow given their ending.

Ironfist/Ryu/Sentinel

Imagine trying to run from me if I summon drones Tatsu and cancel the tatsu behind you into lvl 1 hyper shinko and bounce it. Where you gonna run?

Also I can't wait to see the rest of the buffs they added to the game. I'm loving Spencer redirect with that downward dash move in the air.

Whats this I hear about new TAC tool though?

How does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom