• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I can't block for shit in this game. Dude jumps, does hulk's H, and shit just hits me cause my fingers go down back instead of back -_-. lol

Now that I got that out, I hear tell that there was a stream last night. How's Hawkeye looking?

So did anyone actually pick Spider-Man yesterday?
I don't think so, but I didn't watch the whole stream.

I can't block for shit in this game. Dude jumps, does hulk's H, and shit just hits me cause my fingers go down back instead of back -_-. lol

Now that I got that out, I hear tell that there was a stream last night. How's Hawkeye looking?
I'm actually very good at blocking, unless it's Dante's j.S. For some reason my brain does not process it right...

Hawkeye looks very cool, but most people on stream suck with him (understandably).

Hawkeye was mad squishy and Wesker looked like he was taking punches like Zero.

Holding out hope for no Spider-Man nerfs. They can make web throw scale if it means nothing else changes.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't see a reason to use hawkeye when you can use the far superior taskmaster. i kinda hope they do balance the web throw for spiderman. maybe give spiderman 50k more health.

ReiGun

smurfx said:
i don't see a reason to use hawkeye when you can use the far superior taskmaster. i kinda hope they do balance the web throw for spiderman. maybe give spiderman 50k more health.
Aside from the fact that I like hawkeye, I'd have to agree. Hopefully, Hawky will get something between now and release that makes him a worthwhile alternative.

And fuck that low health shit man. Why is it that every char I like winds up being made of paper? lol

smurfx

get some go again
ReiGun said:
Aside from the fact that I like hawkeye, I'd have to agree. Hopefully, Hawky will get something between now and release that makes him a worthwhile alternative.

And fuck that low health shit man. Why is it that every char I like winds up being made of paper? lol
i would give teleporting characters more health if they stopped letting them teleport right behind you. i would gladly take that. phoenix received a huge nerf as well. her only being able to shoot one of those chaser hell balls at you and then coming down is pretty significant. i see far less phoenix and wolverine users in umvc3. not to say there won't be any new broken characters since this is capcom after all. virgil is likely to be as good as dante or even better.

ReiGun

smurfx said:
i would give teleporting characters more health if they stopped letting them teleport right behind you. i would gladly take that. phoenix received a huge nerf as well. her only being able to shoot one of those chaser hell balls at you and then coming down is pretty significant. i see far less phoenix and wolverine users in umvc3. not to say there won't be any new broken characters since this is capcom after all. virgil is likely to be as good as dante or even better.
I'd prefer if they were all like deadpool's: bit of startup, and move you in generic direction as opposed to relative to your opponent.

I was hoping Phoenix's big change would be the total removal of the Dark Phoenix mechanic. I like playing as regular Jean, hate when she changes. I want to put her on point, but 420k. :/

Karsticles said:
How is using an assist to relaunch "cheap and easy"?
The assist is not the problem. If flame carpet is the diagonal forward+H attack that shit sucked. Getting on on the bastard became extremely hard and nigh impossible with someone like Hsien-Ko. It was a little too rewarding for a character with great beam/projectile hypers ready at the helm to melt your face.

Everything else about him is boss though. I have no problem with assists for OTG relaunches.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I think the paper health is a bit overdoing it. Wesker needed his health fixed, but not to the point where three hits can kill him. The only thing else needed work was his launcher and how safe it is.

Aside from Phoenix, who else has a really op teleport with no drawback? Dorm needs a beam backing him, cause that shit is slow and hella unsafe. Dante's health isn't all that great as is. He just has hammer to get him out of trouble(which they'll probably fix).

Seems like Zero's max buster charge causes a soft knockdown now. That's pretty good.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
The assist is not the problem. If flame carpet is the diagonal forward+H attack that shit sucked. Getting on on the bastard became extremely hard and nigh impossible with someone like Hsien-Ko. It was a little too rewarding for a character with great beam/projectile hypers ready at the helm to melt your face.

Everything else about him is boss though. I have no problem with assists for OTG relaunches.

He may have great projectiles and supers, but he's still a relatively underpowered character compared to the rest of the cast. Hsien-KO is just a bad character, that is a problem with her character, not Dorm's.

Right, but you were praising the removal of his ability to relaunch by combining Flame Carpet + assist...

Also, Flame Carpet is easy to get past and almost impossible to keep up against a competent player. Dormammu also has Sentinel-speed normals without the range or super armor to make it worthwhile, so once you're in, you're in. So much crap is safe against Dormammu because his fastest universal attack has a 7 frame startup.

Aside from Phoenix, who else has a really op teleport with no drawback? Dorm needs a beam backing him, cause that shit is slow and hella unsafe. Dante's health isn't all that great as is. He just has hammer to get him out of trouble(which they'll probably fix).
Dormammu's teleport is the same speed as the others, it just places him too far away to combo off of solo unless you're Tron/Sentinel/Hulk/etc. His teleport is probably the safest in the game just because it places him out of reasonable range of air throws on reaction.

He may have great projectiles and supers, but he's still a relatively underpowered character compared to the rest of the cast.
I don't know about being underpowered (I honestly think that, as one of the most complex characters in this game, it's just too early to judge), but I don't think his projectiles are great at all. One whiffed Dark Hole or Purification is a dead Dormammu unless your opponent is asleep or playing a character like Haggar. Dark Matter has the worst priority on a projectile in the game - Wesker can shoot right through it.

There's a good reason top Dormammu players rush.

smurfx

get some go again
Oldschoolgamer said:
I think the paper health is a bit overdoing it. Wesker needed his health fixed, but not to the point where three hits can kill him. The only thing else needed work was his launcher and how safe it is.

Seems like Zero's max buster charge causes a soft knockdown now. That's pretty good.
deadpool's teleport is really good as you teleport right behind the character and he can then start his low attacks. zero's buster shot nerf isn't going to affect me at all. i hardly ever use it and it will only help me in mirror matches. dont know what kinda nerf haggar got but so far my team looks pretty safe.

dankir

bangbang i'm a timpani said:
THIS GAME WILL BE GREAT

fixed :)

I want to start playing Vanilla again, Solarpowered you're on my live friends list but I don't think we ever played before.

Live Tag: D O N K E R ( with spaces )

See y'all online!

smurfx

get some go again
strider looks like a really high tier character once people get to know how to use him. strider/dante/virgil for team teleport and whip your ass with style.

Anyone know where I can watch an archived video of the UMvC3 stream? I only got to watch a few matches last night, and I really want to see the new additions and changes.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
Anyone up for some games?

I'm tired of arguing about Marvel, I want TO PLAY MARVEL.

That Ninja is going to come for you in your sleep.

screw that man, instead of doing combos online, I'm going to argue on GAF that I can do combos alone. tis the life of marvel-GAF.

FromTheFuture said:
Anyone know where I can watch an archived video of the UMvC3 stream? I only got to watch a few matches last night, and I really want to see the new additions and changes.
http://www.twitch.tv/marquezsf/b/290660311

A link for last night's stream archive.
Ultimoo said:
screw that man, instead of doing combos online, I'm going to argue on GAF that I can do combos alone. tis the life of marvel-GAF.
Well...ok.

:(

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
just reading that thread makes me feel like shit for being an online warrior. :p
lol i saw that and i was thinking to myself it wasn't that bad either. if i go to wednesday night fights next week then i'll find out just how different it is. i really hope a bunch of really good players will be there getting some last minute practice in before they go to las vegas for evo. hmm that is if there is even an event next week.

mr. puppy

Banned
4 months away from being able to do dante/haggar/phoenix without feeling like a tier whore

speaking of which: have we seen any Dante? Please don't tell me they gave him more moves.

kirblar

mr. puppy said:
4 months away from being able to do dante/haggar/phoenix without feeling like a tier whore

speaking of which: have we seen any Dante? Please don't tell me they gave him more moves.
It looked like the hitboxes on some of his wide-arc slash moves had been changed/nerfed, as people were falling out of some of his MvC3 combos.

mr. puppy said:

I didn't notice any more moves, but apparently certain hitboxes and hitstun have been tweaked so old bnbs no longer work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
I didn't notice any more moves, but apparently certain hitboxes and hitstun have been tweaked so old bnbs no longer work.
I believe in Ryan Hunter.

The Phoenix cross up was one of the most hype things I've ever seen in Marvel. He transcended S Rank styling there.

Smo21

All this Ultimate stuff has me hyped to play some Marvel. I haven't played in like 2 months but if anyone wants to throw down some matches throw me a pm or check mvc3gaf. I should be on around 8pm est

smurfx

get some go again
the other day i wanted to practice a little so i looked for a player match and got matched up with this guy who was 9th lord. well it went like i thought it would and i won really easily 3-0. when i say easy i mean really easy as in i destroyed him with just zero. i had warmed up enough and left to go play ranked and then i got a message from him saying i was a pussy coward for running away. thought that was pretty funny.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
I believe in Ryan Hunter.

The Phoenix cross up was one of the most hype things I've ever seen in Marvel. He transcended S Rank styling there.

Still one of the greatest things in recent Marvel stream monstering memory right there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ibRdfe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom