• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guesong said:
As well as Magneto ("Attract" new move) and V.Joe ("Dodge"). And the obvious Ryu Hadoken-beam-bounce-off-wall.
People keep saying this but what video is it from? Are people talking about Hyper Grab?

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
There's supposed to be a stream tonight with the new build on Capcom-Unity, I think.

I wonder what changes were made to Phoenix.
Oh my god, want want want. What's the link to their stream.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
enzo_gt said:
People keep saying this but what video is it from? Are people talking about Hyper Grab?

It's in the launch trailer. Each of the characters showcased a new move. It's different from Hyper Grav.

shaowebb said:
Aaaaaand I get the reflect option on my Shinko beams that Cyclops used to have! I swear this shit is going to be fucking INCREDIBLE for my team because I'm ALL about my Ryu play. That tatsu will be great because I can't tell you how many whiffs I've suffered with on that move.
I like it too, but I hope that it moves as fast as Cyclops' Super Optic Blast.

def sim

Magneto's attract does look like Tanden engine but it works against airborne opponents too. Wow, god damn. I didn't notice all these move changes initially. D:

Ryu's hyper bouncing off walls. D: D:

shaowebb

rance said:
Magneto's attract does look like Tanden engine but it works against airborne opponents too. Wow, god damn. I didn't notice all these move changes initially. D:

Ryu's hyper bouncing off walls. D: D:

2mzhy06.gif

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dahbomb said:
Some of my impressions of UMVC3 after almost getting over the HYPE (I am not going to post it in the on Gaming forum because it has turned into a roster bitch fest like it always does... All the people who care about game play are here):

ROSTER:

GOOD: Pretty much all from the Capcom side. Strider/Firebrand/Wright/Vergil/Frank are all good picks, Nemesis was totally left field no one saw that coming. Nemesis is Marvel enough though, he would be fine... I just think people are going to get hung up on "Too many RE characters". Firebrand and Strider are BEASTLY in game play footage, especially Strider who IMO is already top tier.

Marvel side has at least 4 good characters IMO. Dr Strange/Iron Fist/Nova/Ghost Rider. After seeing Ghost Rider in action, I am already a fan of his whip. The other characters I always liked especially Iron Fist who was always very underrated glad he got in.

WTF?:

Hawkeye. Very left field and I am very shocked that they would include him despite having Taskmaster in already. Screams cross promotion from Marvel.

Rocket Racoon. Most left field character ever. Even Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl were more confirmed than him. Nevertheless, Marvel side needed a pixie character so I guess he fits the bill. I just hope he is not gimmicky and is actually a good characte to play as.

BAD:

No Megaman X. :( Capcom has disowned MM completely.

Marvel side needed some fan favorites, closest ones we got were Ghost Rider and Dr Strange.

NO FEMALE CHARACTERS!

No Spider Man villains. :(

GAME PLAY CHANGES/OTHER DISCUSSION

*X factor appears clearly nerfed damage wise. However, X FACTOR IN THE AIR??? WOW.... I don't know what to say about that other than it looks hype as fuck. That is immediately a buff to many characters including Wolverine, Phoenix and Storm. I am interested to see how it works but I have warmed up to the idea.

*TACs... still meh. I heard they reduce meter for the opponent if it's left/right? Inconsequential even against Phoenix teams because then they would have little reason to not mash left/right once they get 5 bars. Need to see more on this. Godbeard I want you to harass Capcom on this shit.

*I saw a lot of buffs/new moves for old characters. Don't know how to interpret them but I LIKE WHAT I SEE. Especially Spencer's DIVE KICK! This means that re-tooling is officially confirmed for UMVC3 so I am excited to see how that pans out. I didn't see many nerfs but again this is just the beginning. Spider Man seemed squishy as ever.

*8 new stages is nice... MML stage is troll. DMC stage is all but confirmed, will come with the Vergil reveal (9/10 chance it's Temen-Ni-Gru).

*New HUD.... they need to change that shit instantly. X factor is too big, assist lifebars are at odd locations plus you can barely see their lifebars. Godbeard you need to fucking harass Capcom on this shit.

*Strider is a fucking beast in this game. If I had to guess right now, I would say that he is already top tier. Every single thing about him from MVC2 got buffed.

Except of course Ourouburus which got made into a LVL3 hyper. But if that shit hits you... you are pretty much dead. Look at the damage that Strider did to Haggar with it... INSANE!

*Firebrand looks very good in motion. He has a lot of good tools to him including some deadly left/right mix ups. He seems viable already. Definitely digging his playstyle.

*Ghostrider is as awesome as I hoped he would. Clearly a heavy hitter, OTG hypers and moves, command grab with whip which you can combo off of, huge range on whip (did you see the distance he hit confirms into a combo? SHIT IS BROKEN!). Penance Stare LVL3 is GOD TIER.

*First impressions with Hawkeye is that he is too much like Taskmaster. There are some clear differences but I am not sold on him yet. Biggest difference is that poison hyper? and that LVL3 hyper which really ups his damage in this game. Need to see more on him to be convinced, not as impressed as the other 3.

*Revamped online and Spectator mode? The fact that Capcom is making it as their bullet point for the game does not bode well. I don't expect much, this should've been in the game from the beginning.

*I think overall game did not feature any drastic changes (air X factor is the biggest change but it is accompanied by a damage nerf) game play wise. I don't even think they nerfed the damage that much. Game is still OMEGA LEVELS OF HYPE and that's what I want to see.

Did I miss something aside from this? Please respond quickly, my time here is money!

Lol besides shooting arrows, Hawkeye is not like Task from what i see. Racoon is the real WTF, Hawkeye is a Marvel classic.

and im not a fan of Ghost at all, seems boring, even he's moves dont look that creative(asside form the level3 i guess), that Bike Hyper is probably the corniest thing i saw today.

the HUD, yes, please change it, i like the fact that XF is more visible but overall the thing looks bulky.

Lulubop

Floe should be up soon on the Capcom stream, but he's been updating his twitter with changes he has found.

http://twitter.com/#!/Floejisan

Zissou

Lulubop said:
Floe should be up soon on the Capcom stream, but he's been updating his twitter with changes he has found.

http://twitter.com/#!/Floejisan

Wolverine beserker slash nerf is pretty huge. Also, disruptah toned down a bit=good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KorrZ said:
I hope that Ghostrider Hellfire OTG is an Assist. Strider/Ghostrider/Vergil? Team looking pretty sexy atm.
It is an assist. On the stream, strider was able to combo off of it OTGing.

shaowebb

Wolverine looks to have a mash attack now called swiss cheese where he stabs rapidly with claws. Any news on Haggar, Sentinel and Hsien Ko yet?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
Wolverine looks to have a mash attack now called swiss cheese where he stabs rapidly with claws. Any news on Haggar, Sentinel and Hsien Ko yet?
They all look about the same, no one's played Hsien-Ko yet but a LOT of characters got new moves. Ryu got two. A charge, invisible-at-distance, instant hit hadouken and a charged hadoshoryuken.

Join discussion in other thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29468353

smurfx said:
hey solar what version will you get? 360 or ps3? i hope everybody learns their lessons and gets the 360 version if they have one.
Getting both. Competition on PS3 is better than 360, but 360 usually runs better.

Oldschoolgamer

"Dormammu's Flame Carpet OTG now pushes the opponent very far away. Much harder to combo from, even with an assist." <--- smh

I don't see the point in nerfing Dorm, but whatever.

Oldschoolgamer said:
"Dormammu's Flame Carpet OTG now pushes the opponent very far away. Much harder to combo from, even with an assist." <--- smh

I don't see the point in nerfing Dorm, but whatever.
That shit was cheap and easy. It is one of two gripes that I had with an otherwise awesome heavy character.

Azure J

God's Beard: Ask about any serious DLC plans for Ultimate edition. Will there be new characters, will costume packs that are initially sold as exclusive see their way to those that don't preorder in one place or the other, and other such things.

Also ask about a Vampire Saviour/Darkstalers 3 Online Edition. :p

enzo_gt said:
MahvelGAF: Anyone considering any teams including UMvC3 characters?

Team Devils' Night Out

Dante/Morrigan/Vergil (Something tells me that Vergil's going to be a fucking amazing anchor. No real rhyme or reason to it, just a feeling.)

shaowebb

Team I've waited 15 years to put Iron Fist on Point
Iron Fist/Ryu/Sentinel

Seriously hyped he made it in. I've waited since maybe my 3rd comic book ever in early 90's after seeing him with that cool bandanna mask to appear in a fighting game. Hell I played him in Ultimate Alliance 2 even though he was ass and had stupid made up costumes that were non canon.

So hype for him.

Entirely new teams will likely be

Team Shining Finger
IronFist/Phoenix Wright/Sentinel

Team Hairy ASS.
Haggar/Felicia/Rocket Raccon

Team Supreme Cosmic Hell
GhostRider/Nova/Dr. Strange

On a side note did anyone else notice Haggar using a wall jump? I did.

shaowebb

Professor Beef said:
Fuck you for making me think of that. :(

Booty! Booty! Booty! Booty!
Booty e'erywhere!

Booty! Booty! Booty! Booty!
Booty e'erywhere!

He kind of looks like a cartoon hillbilly with his two animal sidekicks in that lineup. Here's hoping he feels more able to get inside of keepaway folks somehow. No one really picked him up enough to check for super armors, new moves or dash differences properly. I'm really hoping for a mobility enhancing tool for him on the ground.

EDIT:
Solarpowered found out that walljump I thought I saw on one of the only Haggar attempts was an air recovery. :(
Give dat furry assed man some mobility already Capcom!

USD

Damn, NerdJosh can never win Wednesday Night Fights. Depending on the week, Combofiend, Richard Nguyen, Clockw0rk, and Fanatiq have been shutting him down again and again. Just lost to Fanatiq for the fourth time.

USD said:
Damn, NerdJosh can never win Wednesday Night Fights. Depending on the week, Combofiend, Richard Nguyen, Clockw0rk, and Fanatiq have been shutting him down again and again. Just lost to Fanatiq for the forth time.

One of the matches was def a guile moment.

sleepykyo

USD said:
Damn, NerdJosh can never win Wednesday Night Fights. Depending on the week, Combofiend, Richard Nguyen, Clockw0rk, and Fanatiq have been shutting him down again and again. Just lost to Fanatiq for the forth time.

He drops combos a lot. And each error was another chance for Fanatiq to hit those DHC glitch/Magneto loop things.

USD said:
Damn, NerdJosh can never win Wednesday Night Fights. Depending on the week, Combofiend, Richard Nguyen, Clockw0rk, and Fanatiq have been shutting him down again and again. Just lost to Fanatiq for the fourth time.
I keep noticing this whenever he gets close and it must be frustrating as hell.
Solune said:
XBL on blast.
Meh, it is true. Outside of Sixfortyfive and Smurf matchups on GAF are sporadic at best.

I go to the PS3 if I want to struggle for my wins or if I want marathon sessions.

Edit: I may not pick up the 360 version at all at this rate. None of my friends are buying it this time so I don't see the point in double dipping for a game that I may not even like that much. Guess I'll wait until we get more footage...

Neki

SolarPowered said:
I keep noticing this whenever he gets close and it must be frustrating as hell.

Meh, it is true. Outside of Sixfortyfive and Smurf matchups on GAF are sporadic at best.

I go to the PS3 if I want to struggle for my wins or if I want marathon sessions.

Edit: I may not pick up the 360 version at all at this rate. None of my friends are buying it this time so I don't see the point in double dipping for a game that I may not even like that much. Guess I'll wait until we get more footage...

You've made the right choice. With Q possibly coming back, you'll have even more ways to
lose
compete.

GorillaJu

Watching the UMVC3 footage and seeing Strider, it's like he was never gone. He was my first love in MvC and I'm happy to see him in, so I can't really complain about the other roster additions which don't excite me at all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
You've made the right choice. With Q possibly coming back, you'll have even more ways to
lose
compete.
Seeing how I gotta go to a local tournament FORCED to play mk sf and mvc3 I guess Im coming back sooner than later.

Oh well no money out of my pockets xD The guy isnt even playing he just wants to see me win -.- Which means I'll feel guilty if I don't legitly try.
Bah I hate having to play serious... kinda

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Seeing how I gotta go to a local tournament FORCED to play mk sf and mvc3 I guess Im coming back sooner than later.

Oh well no money out of my pockets xD The guy isnt even playing he just wants to see me win -.- Which means I'll feel guilty if I don't legitly try.
Bah I hate having to play serious... kinda

Oh, forced to play at a tournament? Just like how girls forc...eh, it's not worth it. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
Oh, forced to play at a tournament? Just like how girls forc...eh, it's not worth it. :p
LOL No I actually okay'd this. It's a friend I rarely hang out with so I'd feel bad if I turn down his offer. Free shit yay. :) The fun part is that story was real, although no one believes it. :D

Dormmamu/Firebrand/Skrull for team flaming hot villains
Fixed sir!

Did I miss something aside from this? Please respond quickly, my time here is money!
There's a ton you missed, especially regarding new moves, but I'm too tired to type it up.

All I'm going to say is: SWISS CHEESE! ROFL.

Aaaaaand I get the reflect option on my Shinko beams that Cyclops used to have! I swear this shit is going to be fucking INCREDIBLE for my team because I'm ALL about my Ryu play.
Ryu in general is crazy now:
-has charged SRKs and Hadokens
-can buff his hypers
-can combo out of overhead without assists
-can wavedash now
-someone said he can cancel tatsu into hadoken

It's cool, I found a way to get 700K with Dormammu off of Mass Change without OTG relaunches. ;-)

That shit was cheap and easy. It is one of two gripes that I had with an otherwise awesome heavy character.
How is using an assist to relaunch "cheap and easy"?

smurfx

get some go again
omfg wednesday night fights takes place pretty close to where i live. damn if i knew i would of gone there. i might go next week. i thought it took place at downtown la. since they use the 360 for marvel then i can take my ssf4 pad. this is awesome and if i don't have work late next week then i'm definitely going.

QisTopTier said:

Yay.. I'll prepared to get bodied by your Tasky.

EDIT:
Unconditional said:
we see anything with regards to c.viper?

I wish, she is like an negatively charged neutron to another for randoms.

Tiger uppercut said:
Yay.. I'll prepared to get bodied by your Tasky.

EDIT:

I wish, she is like an negatively charged neutron to another for randoms.

That's unfortunate. I wanna see if they did anything for her. digging the avatar btw.

Oldschoolgamer

Floe said:
Magneto – Disruptor MUCH slower, dashes seem slower, couldn’t do the old hypergrav infinite in the corner but i might have just been bad, but it felt different for sure i think fierce is slower or hypergrav comes out slower not sure. New move, cant remember if it was dp or reverse dp with any button, its whatever ISNT the counter, he basically puts like this magnetic field around you that pushes you in a direction. A version he sucks you into him, B version pushes you away, and C version sucks you to the ground. Seems REALLY good to make up for the stuff he lost.

Yea, from this and what I've seen...they did slow him down a bit. At the very least, he still has his gdlk air throw, with the exception that it looked like you could get out of it faster. It also looked like they dropped his health some. I could be mistaking on that though.

smurfx

get some go again
wolverine had the biggest nerf of all. he looked so slow compared to mvc3 wolverine. plus berserker slash can now be punished as well. seth said x factor has now been normalized across the board so i guess that means characters like sentinel may not kill you instantly anymore or all the characters can kill you instantly once they get you.

smurfx said:
wolverine had the biggest nerf of all. he looked so slow compared to mvc3 wolverine. plus berserker slash can now be punished as well. seth said x factor has now been normalized across the board so i guess that means characters like sentinel may not kill you instantly anymore or all the characters can kill you instantly once they get you.

he needed it. His left/right crossups were sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom