• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Dante + Haggar is still pretty good. Dante can still get a very powerful combo off of the Lariat and the Lariat also covers up one of Dante's major weaknesses which was against fast rushdown character. Plus it allows Dante to mix up people when they are under Haggar. All of that stuff remains... he just doesn't have 2 days to hit confirm into a combo.

I was going to ask if God's beard had asked Seth about the game yet.

If I had to put forward a question it'd be something like this.

The original cast for MvC3 has a lot of characters with potential that was never realized like Hsien-Ko with her gongs and Arthur's crazy keepaway. Are you going to do anything to improve the experience for people who play lower level characters like Tron, Haggar, Hsien-Ko and Arthur?

I'm getting real desperate for some half decent changes and all I've seen from Hsien-Ko so far is a LOG anki hou item...

:(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I was going to ask if God's beard had asked Seth about the game yet.

If I had to put forward a question it'd be something like this.

The original cast for MvC3 has a lot of characters with potential that was never realized like Hsien-Ko with her gongs and Arthur's crazy keepaway. Are you going to do anything to improve the experience for people who play lower level characters like Tron, Haggar, Hsien-Ko and Arthur?

I'm getting real desperate for some half decent changes and all I've seen from Hsien-Ko so far is a LOG anki hou item...

God's Beard is going to ask Seth questions at Evo. I'm compiling my questions right now, but remember we still have panels on Saturday.

Tobe

im hating the new ui, the visual change to xfactor (red glowing on the characters), man the nerf on magneto is hard.
the change in the speed of the dash is going to fuck up the rom, plus disruptor being slowed and making unibeam faster fuck that. why would they mess with the master of magnetism :(.

the phoenix and wolverine nerk i get but well tron and other characters come on. lets hope for best.

btw i played earlier today some coolguy4life or something is it anyone from gaf?

enzo_gt said:
God's Beard is going to ask Seth questions at Evo. I'm compiling my questions right now, but remember we still have panels on Saturday.
This is the only question I have. I don't even CARE about the early release or the price if Hsien-Ko has some positive changes between now and release.

I seriously don't care about anything else except that anymore...

Neki

SolarPowered said:
This is the only question I have. I don't even CARE about the early release or the price if Hsien-Ko has some positive changes between now and release.

I seriously don't care about anything else except that anymore...

"Hsien-KO can now use her crappy air dash twice."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
or CoA Magneto
or real life Magneto.

tumblr_llo3vzCvEM1qdg4plo1_500.jpg

If you are reading this, I'm really sorry, Donker.

;_;
Ultimoo said:
"Hsien-KO can now use her crappy air dash twice."
Heh?
Professor Beef said:
Hey SolarPowered. How happy would you be if Hsein-ko could move around as fast as Magneto?
I'd squeal like a high school girl and then I'd do a little dance.

<Godsbeard> what should i do on the wednesday before EVO I've never been to vegas before
<MMLK> hookers
<tbm> get a hooker
<ShinBlank> get you a hooker
<Viscant> ...
<Viscant> gambling
<Viscant> something pure

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
God's Beard said:
<Godsbeard> what should i do on the wednesday before EVO I've never been to vegas before
<MMLK> hookers
<tbm> get a hooker
<Viscant> ...
<Viscant> gambling
<Viscant> something pure

Gamble then drink!

God's Beard said:
<MMLK> hookers
<tbm> get a hooker
<Viscant> ...
<Viscant> gambling
<Viscant> something pure
Any room for some Blackjack in there?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The master of tasks indeed.

I found it pretty damn funny that his charging star goes roughly twice the distance in UMvC3. If he doesn't have some kind of significant damage nerf he's going to be bonkers.

Sixfortyfive said:

I found it pretty damn funny that his charging star goes roughly twice the distance in UMvC3. If he doesn't have some kind of significant damage nerf he's going to be bonkers.
*gulp*

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sixfortyfive said:

I will settle for cap to literally just not suck. That's all i want. I just wanna be able to pick cap and not weep

Neki

Sixfortyfive said:

Charging Star -> S -> j.S -> arrow lift builds so much meter, so dirty.

shaowebb

Gr1mLock said:
I will settle for cap to literally just not suck. That's all i want. I just wanna be able to pick cap and not weep

Cap got a double jump, a speed buff, and his shield throw is faster...that may be all he needed really because thats gonna make him a runaway character with the sudden ability to be in your face with a lot of pain. Cap's shield still seems to beat out things the way it did in Vanilla so far so Cap will likely see more usage.

Taskmaster is going to be ridiculous. He's already an A lister IMO, but considering the new command grab you can use his charging star on afterwards that means he's gonna be a guy with keep away who will command grab you into full combos if you get too close.

I'm betting Task's new best friend will be Ghostrider assist. Try to catch jump back Aim of Hawkeye! Taskmaster with a full screen nigh instant assist. So long as he doesn't super jump and screw up the ability to call assists he will be fine. Zoning is looking more and more possible thanks to that assist every time I look at it. I'll have to play it to know for sure.

Thanks BTW solar for asking Godsbeard to ask about our low tier characters. You and me have probably had the most posted sad faces on the board about mobility considering between us we have Hsien Ko and Haggar as favorites. Here's hoping we get some news.

Also I have no clue what your supposed to be using a double air dash with Hsien Ko for given how slow it is. Maybe walk over hypers which she could already manage?

I'm loving how Taskmaster has won the character lottery:better then cap, spider-man & hawkeye.

not to mention his accent is so awesome.

EDIT:He makes three characters obsolete, I'd say he won the lotto.

shaowebb

Tiger uppercut said:
I'm loving how Taskmaster has won the character lottery:better then cap, spider-man & hawkeye.

not to mention his accent is so awesome.

I thought Ryu won the character lotto?

Also has anyone mentioned whether Firebrand's projectile has durability of any kind? Ryu's hadoken lost every battle it was up against and I had hoped for a character with super durable projectiles to fill the screen with and build meter in UMVC3. Does Firebrand work for this or do we know yet?

Neki

shaowebb said:
I thought Ryu won the character lotto?

Also has anyone mentioned whether Firebrand's projectile has durability of any kind? Ryu's hadoken lost every battle it was up against and I had hoped for a character with super durable projectiles to fill the screen with and build meter in UMVC3. Does Firebrand work for this or do we know yet?

Hawkeye looks like he has really good projectiles.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
Hawkeye looks like he has really good projectiles.

I was aiming for slower projectiles to create a bullethell scenario like Sanford used to do with Spiral. Though I am diggin Hawkeye since his projectiles are aimable and because his basic combos seem to have tools similar to those Tekkaman had in TVC with that bow spinny thing.

Hahah I just realized that if you tag in deadpool and don't press anything he does a bunch of fight poses.

Does anyone know what time the s kill q and a is on stream is tomorrow?

smurfx

get some go again
Professor Beef said:
Not only should it heal red health, but all of his health. And he should be invincible too.
yeah he should be like x factor'd dark phoenix with healing factor but he heals yellow life. maybe the DLC bone claw wolverine will have this!

Dahbomb

The more I think about it, the more I am digging aerial X factor. I am going to make a post in a bit about how aerial X factor is an inherent buff to many characters in the game who needed it badly.

smurfx

get some go again
i was going to make a post jokingly mocking ultimoo about the tron nerf but it was too mean of me to do so. they should of just made her more vulnerable after the flame comes out instead of having her leave immediately like she does right now. isn't aerial x factor going to make some cross ups as characters enter the stage punishable? i know i'm going to think twice about doing my haggar/taskmaster cross ups.

shaowebb said:
Cap got a double jump, a speed buff, and his shield throw is faster...that may be all he needed really because thats gonna make him a runaway character with the sudden ability to be in your face with a lot of pain. Cap's shield still seems to beat out things the way it did in Vanilla so far so Cap will likely see more usage.

Taskmaster is going to be ridiculous. He's already an A lister IMO, but considering the new command grab you can use his charging star on afterwards that means he's gonna be a guy with keep away who will command grab you into full combos if you get too close.

I'm betting Task's new best friend will be Ghostrider assist. Try to catch jump back Aim of Hawkeye! Taskmaster with a full screen nigh instant assist. So long as he doesn't super jump and screw up the ability to call assists he will be fine. Zoning is looking more and more possible thanks to that assist every time I look at it. I'll have to play it to know for sure.

Thanks BTW solar for asking Godsbeard to ask about our low tier characters. You and me have probably had the most posted sad faces on the board about mobility considering between us we have Hsien Ko and Haggar as favorites. Here's hoping we get some news.

Also I have no clue what your supposed to be using a double air dash with Hsien Ko for given how slow it is. Maybe walk over hypers which she could already manage?
No problem on that, buddy. Us low tier guys gotta stick together on this ish.

Oh, and I have no idea how being able to air dash twice will improve anything unless the dashes are faster. I already have an easy time getting behind people if they spam beams or any of those vulnerable hypers without checking their bars.
Tobe1 said:
has anyone posted this?

AHVB is back Yeah!!
I gotta admit that I smirked when I saw this lol.

as far as things look right now, haggar is more viable than tron now.

*cries*
I actually feel like Tron players should thank Capcom for the j.H nerf, because it was never as good as Tron players thought it was. So many things beat it, but all I ever saw was Tron players spam j.H and then complain that she's bad on point after getting hit during it. I'm far more scared of Tron's that use j.L than ones that use j.H.

*Haggar Lariat no longer a HARD KNOCKDOWN!!!!!
Praise the universe!

WHY YOU GOTTA NERF THE BAD CHARACTERS CAPCOM??? Well to be honest it's really only a nerf to those OTG freak characters like Dante, Doom, Wesker, Felicia because they could really abuse that hard knockdown.

I am really hoping he got buffed as a point character to make up for this.
IMO, Haggar has always been solid on point, but that PRESUMES ASSISTS BACKING HIM UP. They're like the Tron players. Use a character improperly, complain that the character isn't good - wut?

Is it just me or does Capcom not look at the bigger picture while nerfing characters?
The only reason I see people pick these characters is because of the assists. When both teammates die, its painful to see Tron/Haggar spam j.H/pipe to start a combo.

Sure Capcom can give them more ways of getting in and making them better at point, but if their godlike assists are nerfed, then why would anyone pick them over Wolvie/Wesker/Strider?

Assuming Tron doesn't getting anything from now till launch (though she probably will), is there any team or role this current Tron fits in? Maybe the devs want us to play her as a battery rather than an anchor/assist character. Call assist, get in, do a long ass combo, build meter, rinse repeat. Her high health would also help her as a battery I guess.
Tron still has two other assists, and they're both pretty solid. They get picked because, hypothetically with these changes, they do huge damage when they do get in, and they have a ton more life.

Especially when you look at the Wesker nerfs, I don't think his game is so crazy anymore.

Aren't people saying she's much faster now?

@Ultimoo:
I'm reading up on SRK, and apparently you can still combo from j.H via Bonne Strike, and grounded Bonne Strike recovers faster now. It might not even be punishable on block anymore.

dankir

SolarPowered said:
If you are reading this, I'm really sorry, Donker.

;_;

Heh?

I'd squeal like a high school girl and then I'd do a little dance.

LOL no worries, I guess I was going to run into a good Hsien KO eventually, it was completely new to me lol

I need a lot of practice though we'll have to do that again :)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Reposted from the other thread.

Ch-ch-changes

Changes people noticed so far.

Akuma: Demon Flip: A new command throw that Akuma has had in Street Fighter titles.
Tatsumaki Zankukyaku: When used as an assist, knocks enemy away rather than knocking them down.

Arthur: More health (?) Arthur’s air S makes him dive to the ground very quickly now, allowing him to combo easily. Can throw 3 lances (?)

Captain America:
Double Jump: Captain America seems to have a double jump now.
Shield Slash: The speed of this special has been increased dramatically.
Overall Mobility: Captain America, overall, appears to be a much faster character now.

Chris:
Specials Startup: It is currently believed that the startup time on Chris’ specials are now shorter. This is not yet confirmed.

Dante: Combos: Dante’s basic combos do not seem to be executed in the same way or have simply been changed completely. Hammer nerfed (?). Dante's j.S has more start up, Million dollars is more punishable and his st.L and st.S have faster startup.

Deadpool: Quick Work: The distance/range of this attack is said to have been increased. Faster Ninja Gifts (?)

Doom: j.C laser is faster

Dormammu: Flame Carpet: Pushes the opponent further away. Faster?

Iron Man:
Uni-Beam: Overall startup and speed of attack increased and is now very spammable. Fly speed buffed, startup reduced?

Haggar: Lariat no longer a hard knockdown. Haggars f+H now causes bounce rather than huge hitstun (?)

Hsien-Ko: People on SRK noted a faster airdash and more damage to her hypers. SolarPowered, confirm if you can.

Magneto: Attraction: A new special move that resembles an orb which drags the opponent towards him. (A special)
Dash: Magneto’s dash speed has been nerfed significantly.
Disruptor: Has had it’s speed reduced and is now slower overall.
Repulsion: A new special move that resembles an orb which pushes the opponent away from him. (B special)
Gravitation: A new special that Magneto can use to ground airborne opponents. (C special)
Air loops (mostly?) removed. Corner loops still work.

M.O.D.O.K: Air S Psionic Blaster

Morrigan: Finishing Shower: This hyper move has been had it’s startup and overall speed increased.

Phoenix: Air Limitations: Phoenix can now only perform one special in the air before dropping back to the ground.

Ryu: Chargeable Hadoken: A hadoken move that can be charged (like Zero’s buster). Travels extremely fast at maximum charge.
Hadou Shoryuken: A brand new shoryuken that I have no current information on.
Shinku Hadoken: Can now reflect off of walls. It seems to reflect at a forty five degree angle.
Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku: Now creates a large tornado when used.
Shoryuken: Ryu’s regular shoryuken can now be charged.
Overhead can be special cancelled into combos.
He has a hyper that buffs his other two hypers; this makes Shinkuu Hadoken ricochet off of walls, and Shinkuu Tatsu now creates a whirlwind that covers most of the screen; some believe it also buffs him in other, more passive ways

Sentinel: Sentinel Force Charge: Drones are deployed faster when used as an assist. Overall speed boost barring lasers.

She-Hulk: Overall Mobility: She-Hulk, overall, appears to be a much faster character now. Exchange glitch removed. Shorter slide.

Spencer: Death From Above: This new special attack is a damaging dropping attack from above similar to Super Skrull’s meteor smash special.

Storm: New Wind Specials: Storm can now pull and push the opponent her using winds. Fair wind and foul wind. One pulls you a bit closer, the other much closer. Can no longer call assists when floating.

Super Skrull: Mid-air Meteor Smash

Taskmaster: Charge Stick: A new special where Taskmaster impales the enemy. Can easily be linked to Charging Star/Shield Charge. Charging Star covers much more distance.

Tron: Bonne Strike: This special now has a quicker recovery time.
Gustaffe Fire: The assist version of this has been nerfed. Tron Bonne is more vulnerable when called out to perform this assist attack.
Air H now pushes people much farther away limiting combo possibilities.

Viewtiful Joe: Upwards Dodge: Joe can now perform a new dodge that enables him to dodge incoming low and mid attacks.

Wesker: Health Nerf: Wesker has been given a health nerf. Not sure how much less he has, but his health is said to be lower now. Allegedly even faster in XF Level 3. Forward air grab sends enemies full screen. Teleports slower (?)

Wolverine: Berserker Slash: This attack’s speed has been reduced. Lost some of its invincibility.
Swiss Cheese: An oddly named new special move where Wolverine quickly slashes diagionally many times. Dive kick nerfed.
Wolverine is apparently at about 75% of his old overall speed. (TBC)

X-23: Rage Trigger hyper seems faster.

Zero: Rekkoha: This special now covers more ground, as it has become wider.

Sources: http://rev-depot.com/2011/07/20/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-info-post/ and http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/umvc3-list-of-changes.141620/page-5
http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11445 and discussion in this thread.

dankir

Nils said:
Reposted from the other thread.

Ch-ch-changes

Changes people noticed so far.

Ryu: Chargeable Hadoken: A hadoken move that can be charged (like Zero’s buster). Travels extremely fast at maximum charge.
Hadou Shoryuken: A brand new shoryuken that I have no current information on.
Shinku Hadoken: Can now reflect off of walls. It seems to reflect at a forty five degree angle.
Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku: Now creates a large tornado when used.
Shoryuken: Ryu’s regular shoryuken can now be charged.
Ryu Denjin Transformation hyper.
Overhead can be special cancelled into combos.

Oh sick so can turn into Ken and Dark Ryu / Akuma like he did Marvel vs Capcom 1?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
No. His eyes go white and it buffs him somewhat but I don't know to what extent.

Edit: Eh. Actually I can't find any decent info on it, so I'm removing it until something arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom