• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Everyone knows what's up with Firebrand. He is fucking good in this game, no doubt about it.

Still isn't the best character from the 4 revealed. Strider is a GOD in UMVC3. I am calling it right now, Max is going to go ape shit over the buffs he received from the previous games and his next video is going to be like 10 minutes long.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I find it kinda funny how buffed strider is, he was near god tier in mvc1. And only reason he wasn't totally dominate in mvc2 was cause they made his life so fucking low plus the way the game engine was.

With that said, from the match videos I seen Firebrand looks to be the best out of the 4 new characters with Strider barely even an inch behind him. Firebrand is pretty much the Rushdown version of Taskmaster. *a little of everything but nothing sucks* Plus his fucking clone super is stupid. Oh and his dive kick is broken as hell in the current form.

USD

USD said:
Missed a lot of it myself (sleep and all), but Salty Battles III is going on. At Winner's Finals right now, MastaCJ vs. MarlinPie.

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

Chris G was just playing his newer Phoenix team (Morrigan/Amaterasu/Phoenix).
Haha, troll finals: MarlinPie (M.O.D.O.K./Dante/Sentinel) vs. MastaCJ (Storm/Arthur/Sentinel).

Dahbomb

His clone hyper is a LVL3. Just like Ourouburos.

You probably missed Strider's teleport dive kick which allows him for a free combo and is supposedly an overhead too. Or that his summon animals are super spammy, his giant slash attack causes hard knockdown (and practically hits full screen), his slide hits OTG and can possibly be comboed after with an assist (like Wolverine), his animal hyper persists after DHC/X Factor just like Sentinel drones and hits OTG (comes out fairly fast too), Ragnorok is basically Weapon X, better dashes, better priority...

They are pretty close, I would just give the lead to Strider with barely an inch.

Neki

Lyte Edge said:
Every time I go into the MvC3 room, it's empty.
Xbox doesn't even have a room, so theirs can't even be empty. but regardless, I use to be in there a lot till I realized none of you are ever in there.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
Watch Hawkeye be extremely retarded good in this game. Like making Taskmaster obsolete.
Actually... if things turn out right... Rocket Racoons might be the one to do that >.>

And watch Dr.Strange replace Phoenix :)

I just want to see Shuma changes, they didnt have him at comic con and he is one of capcoms fave characters... sooooo yeah >.>

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Actually... if things turn out right... Rocket Racoons might be the one to do that >.>

I just want to see Shuma changes, they didnt have him at comic con and he is one of capcoms fave characters... sooooo yeah >.>

I haven't even bought Shuma, that's how good he is.

Dahbomb

QisTopTier said:

You know something we don't? 0_0

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It's interesting that the orbs being lvl 3 is still a debate at the Capcom office(according to Seth). If they change it to lvl 1, gg.

Neki

If you saw it on the stream, the orbs were crossing up like crazy. I wouldn't mind it being level 1 that didn't build meter though. They'd have to tone it somehow, less length obviously, but what else could you do? That kind of shutdown is scary in MvC3.

smurfx

get some go again
QisTopTier said:
why get rid of tasky when i can team him up with rocket raccoon? if he turns out like i want him too then they will be both be on my team.

DR2K

Banned
All these shitty new characters will be punching bags for DP. Air Xfactor and no major nerfs in sight. Delicious.

Neki

DR2K said:
All these shitty new characters will be punching bags for DP. Air Xfactor and no major nerfs in sight. Delicious.
Phoenix only being able to throw one fireball in the air is a pretty big nerf to her. And if Firebrand has invincibilty on his full screen flying attack that wall bounces, he could deal with her on the ground.

DR2K

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Phoenix only being able to throw one fireball in the air is a pretty big nerf to her. And if Firebrand has invincibilty on his full screen flying attack that wall bounces, he could deal with her on the ground.

That isn't a major nerf, nor does it alter her game plan.

The only thing he'll be dealing with is SNK females.

Dahbomb

DR2K said:
Phoenix has received a MAJOR NERF that has been noticed by players i(no more air fireball -> teleport shenanigans). Who knows what else got nerfed about her(S Kill hinted there are more). Plus general X Factor nerf, she probably has to complete a combo now for a character kill and X factor duration is also lowered.

Strider and Firebrand would destroy Phoenix if they had meter (3 bars).

Neki

That is definitely a major nerf to regular Phoenix, which you're still going to have to play a lot, i.e before you turn into DP or if you're snapped in.

Forgot about Strider orbs, do you lose them when you're hit? If not, he'd be godlike against her. Otherwise, she might be able to spam standing jab and trade with him to get rid of them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
You know something we don't? 0_0
Just speculation. aka talking out of my ass. But he's going to be spammy as fuck for sure. Probably around arthur levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Strange#Powers_and_abilities
Doctor Strange can use magic to achieve virtually any effect he desires, such as telepathy,energy blasts, teleportation, astral projection, the creation of materials (such as food and water, creating planet-wide protective shields, restoring himself from bodily destruction,or resurrecting the dead.
I mean. Jesus fucking christ.

Bring back full bar another teammate for 5 bars? SURE LOL *jk they wont do that*

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Phoenix has received a MAJOR NERF that has been noticed by players i(no more air fireball -> teleport shenanigans). Who knows what else got nerfed about her(S Kill hinted there are more). Plus general X Factor nerf, she probably has to complete a combo now for a character kill and X factor duration is also lowered.

I didn't see anything major on stream. DP has to hit a few more times in Xfactor to kill, but still kills for free.

DP gets orbs for free. ^_^

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
In the World War Hulk comic he summoned one of the strongest demons ever to use like a Devil Trigger of sorts. He's way the eff out there. lol

Then too, Shuma is gdlk in the comics and look what they did to him. LOL

shaowebb

There are only two tiers in this game now in my eyes.

IRON FIST TIER

EVERYONE WHO ISNT AS COOL AS IRON FIST TIER

I'm not joking about how long I've waited for him to appear in a fighter. Its literally been about 15 years I have waited for this since seeing him in the 3rd comic I ever read appear as a total badass in Spiderman.

I read immortal ironfist and went nuts as he punched through a speeding bullet train. I read as he learned of previous Iron Fists who had channeled this strength into arrows and how his predecessor used it when firing bullets to power them. I smiled as he learned to create illusions and heal himself using mystical kung fu bs. I learned Shaolin-do kung fu up to 2nd degree brown myself and thought of him during it.

IRON FIST.

Because Capcom loves me.

PS- Bionic Arm will die in the holy fires of my Mystical kung fu fist which has been strengthened inside the still beating heart of an undying dragon during my Iron Fist Hypers. If these two fists ever collide in game close your eyes because you may go blind when you plasma screen explodes in your room onto your face.

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
why you love iron fist so much.

My name is Iron Fist and I punch through trains and know more martial arts than all the other Marvel heroes Combined. I also have a cool mask made out of a bandanna that no one noteworthy has ever ripped off making me marginally unique looking in an otherwise sea of characters trying to rip each other's look off constantly.

Also I like Kung Fu fantasy like Andy Seto and Tony Wong stories from Jade dynasty comics and Iron Fist is all these things for me.

EDIT: Since C. Viper has SFIV focus attack tools and we have no one with SF3 counter tools Iron Fist would be a pretty cool person to have this ability with given that kung fu is all about controlling your opponents at high level.

Its a pipe dream sure, but could you imagine a character who could friggin Daigo you with perfect guards into combo. Insanity. I'm gonna sit back and fantasize some more about just how awesome Iron fist is gonna be and how he'll have every outfit I ever wanted and how we'll hang out together and be best friends and trade emails and....

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
You shall not speak any filth about the superior tech you don't have.

If Enzo is rockin his character in his avy then by God I'm gonna rock mine.

2hefpkz.jpg

shaowebb said:
My name is Iron Fist and I punch through trains and know more martial arts than all the other Marvel heroes Combined. I also have a cool mask made out of a bandanna that no one noteworthy has ever ripped off making me marginally unique looking in an otherwise sea of characters trying to rip each other's look off constantly.

Also I like Kung Fu fantasy like Andy Seto and Tony Wong stories from Jade dynasty comics and Iron Fist is all these things for me.

EDIT: Since C. Viper has SFIV focus attack tools and we have no one with SF3 counter tools Iron Fist would be a pretty cool person to have this ability with given that kung fu is all about controlling your opponents at high level.

Its a pipe dream sure, but could you imagine a character who could friggin Daigo you with perfect guards into combo. Insanity. I'm gonna sit back and fantasize some more about just how awesome Iron fist is gonna be and how he'll have every outfit I ever wanted and how we'll hang out together and be best friends and trade emails and....
Gonna finish that sentence?

sleepykyo

shaowebb said:

Nine suns or golden bell? Heavenslayer or bloodsword?

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
Gonna finish that sentence?

...and watch John Woo films, and prank call Jackie Chan while eating chinese food.

There. Sentence finished. :)

On the gaming side of things though I am hoping for him to mainly have three tools.

A move like Cammy's cannon spike
A move like feilong's triple strike since I love any character with a 3 hit rushdown dash. (Iori, Fei Long, Gambit, etc)
Hurrican Polimar normals or similar. The playstyle would be solid damage with great throws and counters.

Hyper Tools I hope he has are
Healing
His own Bionic Arm type move that functions like Terry Bogard's Power Dive jumping overhead only with the damage speed and invincibility of Bionic Arm
Boost

sleepykyo said:
Nine suns or golden bell? Heavenslayer or bloodsword?

If those are Jade Dynasty comics I must admit I fell out of the loop once they stopped carrying them locally. I read a lot of Saint Legend, Story of the Tao, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Storm Riders, Mega Dragon and Tiger,Weapons of the Gods, and good old Legendary Couple.

Hopefully thats what you were posting about because other wise I don't know what you were asking a question about. Sorry.

shaowebb said:
...and watch John Woo films, and prank call Jackie Chan while eating chinese food.

There. Sentence finished. :)

On the gaming side of things though I am hoping for him to mainly have three tools.

A move like Cammy's cannon spike
A move like feilong's triple strike since I love any character with a 3 hit rushdown dash. (Iori, Fei Long, Gambit, etc)
Hurrican Polimar normals or similar. The playstyle would be solid damage with great throws and counters.

Hyper Tools I hope he has are
Healing
His own Bionic Arm type move that functions like Terry Bogard's Power Dive jumping overhead only with the damage speed and invincibility of Bionic Arm
Boost
Your excitement is palpable. It is contagious like the hype people had for Ammy when MvC3 was announced.

sleepykyo

shaowebb said:
If those are Jade Dynasty comics I must admit I fell out of the loop once they stopped carrying them locally. I read a lot of Saint Legend, Story of the Tao, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Storm Riders, Mega Dragon and Tiger,Weapons of the Gods, and good old Legendary Couple.

Hopefully thats what you were posting about because other wise I don't know what you were asking a question about. Sorry.

I haven't read one in a while either.
The first two are from oriental heroes or dragon tiger gate. Blood is Man Called Hero.

Back on topic, any footage of Iron Fist. And anyone know about whether the PS3 version is getting fixed?

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
Your excitement is palpable. It is contagious like the hype people had for Ammy when MvC3 was announced.

I think Ammy lived up to the hype pretty well given how useful she is on assists, and how versatile she is as a character. Here's hoping Iron Fist gets the same treatment. Maybe my hyper will be like She-Hulk's level 3 except the resulting explosion isn't from a car wreck, but from the explosive filled bullet train I punch through right next to them ^________^

God help the Street Fighter bonus stage car should it ever run into Iron Fist. One hit is all he will need.

I wish everyone were connected. The fragmented Xbl and PSN communities makes it hard to get things going...
Ultimoo said:
always excuses with Q. one day, SolarPowered will expose you for the fraud that you are.
When UMvC3 comes out and I pick up Strider.

LET'S GOOOOOO
Tiger uppercut said:
Looks swanky
shaowebb said:
I think Ammy lived up to the hype pretty well given how useful she is on assists, and how versatile she is as a character. Here's hoping Iron Fist gets the same treatment. Maybe my hyper will be like She-Hulk's level 3 except the resulting explosion isn't from a car wreck, but from the explosive filled bullet train I punch through right next to them ^________^

God help the Street Fighter bonus stage car should it ever run into Iron Fist. One hit is all he will need.
I'd use fist if he turns out to be good. I've only seen him in the New Avengers, but I like the guy so far. Also, I can't unsee him breaking a SHIELD HELICARRIER WITH HIS FISTS.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
if everyone was actually PSN GAF we could all play together and be happy. D:
i think spectator mode will bring a lot of people back. especially if they add a real nice online tournament mode. hell i might get a ps3 and buy umvc for it. just watched king of chinatown. pretty good documentary. justin wong was real smart to leave triforce and go do his own thing. gootecks freaking out because morgan webb mentioned justin's name really shows how nerdy he is deep inside. oh man i laughed at that scene. justin not giving a damn makes it even funnier. bought a better gaming pc for myself so i might end up playing marvel less now. i know i'll be playing cs source and team fortress 2.

Tobe

Ultimoo said:
if everyone was actually PSN GAF we could all play together and be happy. D:

the thing about psn is that, well it kinda sucks for marvel, i mean i even have some lag with ppl in my area. xbl just runs a lot smoother.

maybe ill try one of these days psn marvel-gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom