• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nils said:
No. His eyes go white and it buffs him somewhat but I don't know to what extent.

Edit: Eh. Actually I can't find any decent info on it, so I'm removing it until something arises.
Maybe that's what modifies his tatsu and shunkuu hado hypers

You know, I just realized how stupid the Ryu powerup is. I remember people complaining about Hsien-Ko's Rimoukon lasting ten seconds as a buff. If Ryu's powerup mode lasts more than fifteen seconds that shit is going to be retarded considering all the other buffs he has now.

Akuma looks like a kitten by comparison lol.

You know, I just realized how stupid the Ryu powerup is. I remember people complaining about Hsien-Ko's Rimoukon lasting ten seconds as a buff. If Ryu's powerup mode lasts more than fifteen seconds that shit is going to be retarded considering all the other buffs he has now.

Akuma looks like a kitten by comparison lol.
It's a hyper that buffs his hypers - it should last a long time.

And rofl @ the idea of Rimoukon lasting 10 seconds. That would be utterly ridiculous. Stop complaining about other characters getting better just because you're not happy with yours. It's really tasteless. Everyone wants Hsien-ko to get better.

Oh, and Akuma has a command throw now, and his level 3 was buffed.

Karsticles said:
It's a hyper that buffs his hypers - it should last a long time.

And rofl @ the idea of Rimoukon lasting 10 seconds. That would be utterly ridiculous. Stop complaining about other characters getting better just because you're not happy with yours. It's really tasteless. Everyone wants Hsien-ko to get better.

Oh, and Akuma has a command throw now, and his level 3 was buffed.
Stop getting snippy. Oh, and I don't care too much about those buffs for Akuma since I've only been caught in raging demon twice.

The only thing I worry about is how much more they plan to stick onto the dude. Either way, I haven't go so far as to say that he is broken, cheap or OP so cut back on the accusations. Oh, and what other characters have I even mentioned besides Ryu today?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Im just lurking the MvC threads and SolarPowered's constant Hsien-Ko comparisons to every change is bloody annoying.

Stop getting snippy. Oh, and I don't care too much about those buffs for Akuma since I've only been caught in raging demon twice.
The entire point of my post was to tell YOU to stop being snippy sir. You've been quite irritable since this game was announced. No, I'm not going to backtrack through your posts to cite sources. I normally like you as a poster, but this increasing bitterness on your end isn't desirable.

It's awesome that I'm seen as bitching about everyone else even though I was DEFENDING Magneto's ROM combos and dash cancel moves in the air JUST YESTERDAY.

Apparently all it takes to make me look like a whiner is a single post that is not totally neutral or positive.

hilarious
Karsticles said:
The entire point of my post was to tell YOU to stop being snippy sir. You've been quite irritable since this game was announced. No, I'm not going to backtrack through your posts to cite sources. I normally like you as a poster, but this increasing bitterness on your end isn't desirable.
Have you even followed the Ultimate thread at all? I won't even pretend that I wasn't shitting it up at first because of the lack of females.

Hell, me and a few other gaffers went out of our way to argue with MTHanded and Spindashing about whether or not the game was a ripoff, but I dropped that like two days ago and I've been as hyped as everyone else since then.

Seems like you've just seen every irritable post and not the newer ones where I accepted some facts and moved on to try and enjoy the new release.
HK-47 said:
Im just lurking the MvC threads and SolarPowered's constant Hsien-Ko comparisons to every change is bloody annoying.
A lot of people on SRK are curious too so I figure that I'd post any info if I've got it. Most of my current posts have been about Morrigan anyway. Also, it is hilarious that I'm singled out even though I've tried to space my posts out. The power in my house has actually been out for a total of 13 hours in the last two days or so too so I don't see how I'm flooding the thread with terrible shit.

Skim over my posts if they are so offensive to you.

Edit: Yeah, I checked this thread and my posts have been sporadic. Put me on ignore if that is the case or call me out in the other thread. shit

smurfx said:
haggar losing the hard knockdown doesn't mean too much to me. the only character i have that took advantage of it was zero but it was never a huge part of my strategy.
How did you use it with Zero? Hit them with a Rekkoha after the knockdown?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Update on the tournament.

OP updated. 18 players left. Second round will begin next week. I'll post randomized matchups before the end of the week.

1.Notworksafe

2.the_log_ride

3.Akachan ningen

4.Prototype-03

5.jetman81

6.Gibration

7.Reigun

8.~Devil Trigger~

9.spindashing

10.Degen

11.giancarlo123x

12.NeoUltima

13.Ultimoo

14.Morro!

15.SephirothRK

16.Cloudius12

17.Chavelo

18.Karsticles

To make the rest of the tournament work, something must done. This round will be pools of three. Top two in each pool moves on.

yo guys, solarpowered is just a cool guy and wants hsien-ko buffs, nothing wrong with that, lol.
That's what I said.

To make the rest of the tournament work, something must done. This round will be pools of three. Top two in each pool moves on.
How does that work? Like, using an example of two people here I talk with frequently, let's say that Ultimoo, SolarPowered, and myself are all in a pool. Let's say Ultimoo beats me, I beat SolarPowered, and SolarPowered beats Ultimoo. What happens?

Neki

I imagine the pools would be either 3 or 5 matches with each other, and most total wins gets the top two spots. Then, if there is a tie between wins, you pick the head to head record and whoever has won that wins. But I don't think that's possible with pools of 3 though, it'd need to be at least 4 for it to actually even out, because in your scenario, everyone would have 3 wins and have a head to head record effective against at least one person.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ultimoo said:
yo guys, solarpowered is just a cool guy and wants hsien-ko buffs, nothing wrong with that, lol.
I don't mean to pile on or single one person out, but I get tired of complaints like that myself. If you're maining low-tier, either take your lumps or switch characters. Complaining that your character sucks all the time and coming across like you aren't enjoying the game--while choosing to continue using this character--is comparable to punching yourself in the dick and then complaining that it hurts.

JeTmAn81

Ultimoo said:
probably Akachan ningen and Karst. I haven't played with Karst in a while and Akachan ningen beat Q. D:

Akachan ningen...I think I've played him randomly on PSN. I don't remember how I did...D:

probably Akachan ningen and Karst. I haven't played with Karst in a while and Akachan ningen beat Q. D:
I wouldn't worry about me too much. I have changed my team twice three times since we last played, so if we have to play, I'll either have to use a team I'm not well acquainted with still, or a team I'm out of practice with. :p

Anyone up for some games?

I'll wait around for half an hour, but I'm sleeping after that. This heat is too much.
Ultimoo said:
Makes me a little afraid.

Just a bit.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
Anyone up for some games?

I'll wait around for half an hour, but I'm sleeping after that. This heat is too much.

Makes me a little afraid.

Just a bit.

You're not even on. :O

Professor Beef said:
SolarPowered
(Today, 01:12 PM)
_dementia said:
Unconditional said:
well played.
kanye.gif

Ultimoo said:
gg Solar. The sword technology I had with Ammy must have thrown you off.
Never seen you use the sword like that and it was pretty good. Still, I'm kind of down lately and I think that is having a bad impact. I can't practice my own sword combos often online because the lag gets in the way. Maybe next time.

gg

Neki

that's why I practice on 4 bars dudes. it's like lag 24/7 on my Marvel, lawl.

And the only reason I use Sentinel against Hsien-KO was because Hsien-KO's range on her normals beats out Ammy's solar disc. That's why Sword is so good, it drastically improves all of her bad match-ups because of dat range.

enzo_gt said:
OH SHIT NEXT UMVC3 CHARACTER ANNOUNCEMENT AT EVO

HE THINKS

EDIT: WRONG THREAD WHO CARES
I wonder who of the eight it will be

I think the promotional campaign will save the heavy hitting fan favorites like PW and Verge for last.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
OH SHIT NEXT UMVC3 CHARACTER ANNOUNCEMENT AT EVO

HE THINKS

EDIT: WRONG THREAD WHO CARES

we're trying to have a civilized conversation of Marvel vs Capcom 3 in here enzo, jeez.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
so remember guys, PSN is the place to be for UMvC3. be there or be square.
Don't listen to this man, he's generally wrong about things. Especially online networks as we can see here.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Don't listen to this man, he's generally wrong about things. Especially online networks as we can see here.
no competition on the 360 side, why you wanna be scrubby all day? :p

Dahbomb

I am willing to bet that Vergil's Summoned Swords are going to be a LVL1 hyper like old school Ouroborus. He might be more Spiral in nature, we'll see.

Strider is a FUCKING BEAST in this game. Holy shit!

I'll test the Tron changes myself next week. Precious time away from TTT2 but it'll be worth the sacrifice if I can still do modified combos.

Neki

TestMonkey said:
I'll test the Tron changes myself next week. Precious time away from TTT2 but it'll be worth the sacrifice if I can still do modified combos.
do it for the two tron players on GAF.

ordinary guy doing ordinary stuff like shooting plasma, no problem

Caj814

Dahbomb said:
I am willing to bet that Vergil's Summoned Swords are going to be a LVL1 hyper like old school Ouroborus. He might be more Spiral in nature, we'll see.

Strider is a FUCKING BEAST in this game. Holy shit!
Would main if its as crazy as dancing sword lock downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom