• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity how many invincible assists were in MvC2?
Tons, which is my major issue with Tron/Haggar. I don't care that there are invincible assists. Dormammu would fucking love an invincible "get off me" assist. I care that I have two to choose from, and I don't like either of the characters. So, either give me many many more options, or remove them entirely. Either way works for me.

DR2K

Banned
Karsticles said:
Tons, which is my major issue with Tron/Haggar. I don't care that there are invincible assists. Dormammu would fucking love an invincible "get off me" assist. I care that I have two to choose from, and I don't like either of the characters. So, either give me many many more options, or remove them entirely. Either way works for me.

What would be the point of using Tron or Hagger if more characters had them?

Dahbomb

_dementia said:
I played some MvC3 with friends today. Pre-patch Sent and all. It was quite thrilling.
HAHAHA... I have a friend who has a pre-patch MVC3 too. No one gives a shit when we play on his system.

What would be the point of using Tron or Hagger if more characters had them?
Using Tron or Haggar because...you like them?!

I'm not insinuating that Capcom should just slap invincibility on a bunch of shit and then say the game is good to go. Every character in this game deserves good assists and good power on point.

Tobe1 said:
morrigan shadow super + multiple hitting overhead come on :p
I'll show you mercy, tonight. Maybe not next time.

>:[
Karsticles said:
Using Tron or Haggar because...you like them?!

I'm not insinuating that Capcom should just slap invincibility on a bunch of shit and then say the game is good to go. Every character in this game deserves good assists and good power on point.
Then you'd be asking Capcom to actually make even obscure characters as good as their flagship characters.

I want tangible Hsien-Ko and Morrigan buffs, not empty promises lol.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
I'll show you mercy, tonight. Maybe not next time.

>:[

Then you'd be asking Capcom to actually make even obscure characters as good as their flagship characters.

I want tangible Hsien-Ko and Morrigan buffs, not empty promises lol.

I hope Ryu isn't a flagship character

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I realized im a sore winner...well im a sore loser as well but not if i know i got outplayed..i think im just sore/salty overall. I beat someone because i messed up a combo and I got an accidental reset which lead to a level 3 in xf. We played a few more matches and they were all close..out of 12 games we played i won 7 ..and at least half felt like flukes. I know im not saying anything new...sometimes though the netcode really does ruin a great set.

Ultimoo said:
I hope Ryu isn't a flagship character
Hey, if Haggar, Tron, Arthur and Hsien-Ko were as good as Ryu I wouldn't give a damn about everyone's level three specials and XF3 gimmicks.

:p
smurfx said:
what? you getting blown up by other haggars? how dare you!
It was just once and he won by a magic pixel it was so close.

>_<

Nyoro SF

Tobe1 said:
just give hsienko a normal dash and she will be good.

She can keep her unique dashes. There are ways of making teleport dashes good (anyone that has played TvC Karas knows exactly what I mean) and there's a way to make her walking airdash good too; just keep it as slow as it is but remove the height limit entirely. Now that's a scary airdash.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
enzo gonna enzo. TOO MUCH HYPE.
WHY ARE YOU NOT AS HYPE AS ME

EVERYONE SHOULD BE THIS HYPE

I've already got so many ideas for new teams, in addition to the new team I'm building for Vanilla right now. Taking shaowebb's advice for Iron Man/Ryu/Taskmaster. DHC synergy is preserved as long as Task stays on anchor. And I'm even more stoked to use Ryu in Ultimate because of all of his buffs.

A friend of mine told me he saw a video of Hsien-Ko coming back as the last character on a team and defeating all three of the opponent's characters. Anyone have a video of that?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm second hint from Seth at some sort of X-Factor TAC counter option.

Dammit wrong thread.

Neki

_dementia said:
A friend of mine told me he saw a video of Hsien-Ko coming back as the last character on a team and defeating all three of the opponent's characters. Anyone have a video of that?
I wonder if he was talking about LLND's comeback? I don't remember if he beat all three characters though, but I do remember he won on a magic pixel.

sephi22

Am I the only one wishing that Ultimate MvC3 was revealed AFTER Evo 2k11?

Its taken some of my hype from vanilla MvC3. Everytime I see a video for the current game in the back of my mind I can't shake off the feeling that its now obsolete. Instead of getting hype by what's going on screen, my mind goes "DHC glitch? That won't work in 3 months. This setup won't work. That setup won't work." and so on..

sephi22 said:
Am I the only one wishing that Ultimate MvC3 was revealed AFTER Evo 2k11?

Its taken some of my hype from vanilla MvC3. Everytime I see a video for the current game in the back of my mind I can't shake off the feeling that its now obsolete. Instead of getting hype by what's going on screen, my mind goes "DHC glitch? That won't work in 3 months. This setup won't work. That setup won't work." and so on..
Comic con was a good opportunity to show the game to comic enthusiast and potential customers though. I can understand why they'd debut it there.

smurfx

get some go again
dammit i can't play mahvel since they are working on my house and i had to move my set up. every day i don't play i feel like i'm getting worse.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
WHY ARE YOU NOT AS HYPE AS ME

EVERYONE SHOULD BE THIS HYPE

I've already got so many ideas for new teams, in addition to the new team I'm building for Vanilla right now. Taking shaowebb's advice for Iron Man/Ryu/Taskmaster. DHC synergy is preserved as long as Task stays on anchor. And I'm even more stoked to use Ryu in Ultimate because of all of his buffs.

YES!

My man. Its a pretty badass team IMO and I hope to see it in action sometime. BTW remember after Ryu combo that after you finish the air shinko that on the way down you can still chuck supers. I mix it up with hadoken and tatsus during matches and a lot of time they can't predict when I'm coming down. I stopped my fall after the hyper with a hadoken once and saw the guy whif a hulk H below me. I laughed as I then threw my tatsu L to cross him back up into the same full combo again.

Also I am hype as hell about dat UMVC3. I got my boy Ironfist coming up soon and I can't stop seeing synergy potential for people with Ghostrider due to the DHC potential for that OTG bike hyper of his that may wheelie launcher into a combo. If that works a Ghostrider brought in that way = one combo death for so many people if you got 2 meters. I know I can score a full meter's worth of bar to land a hyper at the end of a Ghost Rider combo in the air so hello bike again!

Also I just keep looking at how deliciously evil his full screen chain assist is. That thing is FAST and it wrecks people's options with the right characters. Hell any character has options with a lightning fast full screen that whips around like that. Hit confirm into dash up anything or just plain force them to do something sloppy and desperate.

So much Hype.

I can't wait till Ironfist's trailer hits. Bricks will fall out of my ass.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
YES!

My man. Its a pretty badass team IMO and I hope to see it in action sometime. BTW remember after Ryu combo that after you finish the air shinko that on the way down you can still chuck supers. I mix it up with hadoken and tatsus during matches and a lot of time they can't predict when I'm coming down. I stopped my fall after the hyper with a hadoken once and saw the guy whif a hulk H below me. I laughed as I then threw my tatsu L to cross him back up into the same full combo again.

Also I am hype as hell about dat UMVC3. I got my boy Ironfist coming up soon and I can't stop seeing synergy potential for people with Ghostrider due to the DHC potential for that OTG bike hyper of his that may wheelie launcher into a combo. If that works a Ghostrider brought in that way = one combo death for so many people if you got 2 meters. I know I can score a full meter's worth of bar to land a hyper at the end of a Ghost Rider combo in the air so hello bike again!

Also I just keep looking at how deliciously evil his full screen chain assist is. That thing is FAST and it wrecks people's options with the right characters. Hell any character has options with a lightning fast full screen that whips around like that. Hit confirm into dash up anything or just plain force them to do something sloppy and desperate.

So much Hype.

I can't wait till Ironfist's trailer hits. Bricks will fall out of my ass.
Hmm. I wonder if Task's vertical arrows after air Shinkuu Hadoken? Will try out next time I hit the lab. But yeah I see this team working, just got to get my Ryu BnBs together and experiment with some setups. Kudos for the suggestions man.

Iron Fist, next to Nemesis, I'm the least stoked about, sorry bro. I briefly read the wiki on dude and I'm just wondering what new he could bring to the table without being heavily punches and physical attack-based and just bland in a fighting game. Gotta sell me on this one.

I've completed my Midscreen Magneto BnB for the DHC glitch(primarily for Doom), I haven't seen it on the magneto forums or anything:

jS, 2HS, jH xx air dash forward(wait), jMH xx flight, jL[H xx air dash forward]x5, xx airdash down forward(straight down in the corner), jH[xx flight cancel, H xx Hyper Grav L, 2H]*S + A1(hidden missiles), jMMHS, missiles hit, Hyper Grav H, back dash, Magnetic Tempest DHC Sphere Flame(DHC glitch)

*remove this section mid screen

Does ~550,000 damage while being incredibly easier than Magneto's comparable loop combos, it's definitely designed with tournaments in mind. After a basic Doom BnB, this series winds up doing about 1.15 million damage, so everybody She-Hulk and down. Leaves you with just under 2 additional bars than you started with, depending on your Doom combo.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
Hmm. I wonder if Task's vertical arrows after air Shinkuu Hadoken? Will try out next time I hit the lab. But yeah I see this team working, just got to get my Ryu BnBs together and experiment with some setups. Kudos for the suggestions man.

Iron Fist, next to Nemesis, I'm the least stoked about, sorry bro. I briefly read the wiki on dude and I'm just wondering what new he could bring to the table without being heavily punches and physical attack-based and just bland in a fighting game. Gotta sell me on this one.

Oh I will. I WILL.

• In the comics he focuses his chi to heal or grow stronger. Imagine a move like "mighty speech" that instead of building meter consumed it and turned it into health. Likewise he could have another focus to build meter or build more meter per move.
  • In the comics his chi explodes everything he punches. Time for some crazy KOF like attacks that have firey stun, wall bounces, and can hit like C.Viper's Seismo OTG to pop people off the ground.
  • Kung Fu is about grace and arcs. I practice Kung Fu. Trust me. That meants cammy style cannon spike, Terry Bogard style power dive, dodges, counters, low stances equaling strong lows or dashing lows, speed could translate into the return of things like gambit's cajun slice or something like Fei long or Iori's dash up triple. The guy allows for ALL the missing moveset tools to comeback.
  • Iron fists focus their chi to counter or destroy just about anything with their fists. Can you say someone who either destroys projectiles or punches them back at you like in KOF? I can!

This is why I put him in his own tier. Because he is EVERY tier.

Teleporter? Zero's dash is a teleport and if Iron fist can turn himself into "a human bullet" to off a speeding train filled with explosives then he could believablly get a dash teleport like Zero.

Projectiles? Iron fists have focused chi into projectiles throughout time to make them explode on impact with the force of their fists. Arrows, bullets...hell I'm pretty sure Danny Rand here threw stuff in a fight to do this recently.

Rush down? absolutely. Kung fu=speed and speed=rushdown

Super Armor? Hulk has it on his attacks and if Ironfist can punch a helicarrier out of the air in one shot he could do this.

Boosts? Focuses. CHI.

He is EVERY tier! He's also rich like Batman for what its worth. The quintessential fighter!

IRON FIST TIER
MANLY PICTURE TIME!

30ihtp3.jpg

Shaowebb is going to lose his mind before he is even officially revealed lol.
Toxicplatypus said:
Maybe the buff to hsien ko is that golden armor assist is now the go to invulnerable assist.
Bandwagoners who run into me be will struck down with no mercy.

Neki

salty runback, I am no longer free to Q.
on the other hand, Q is the only one who plays shuma, so still free to that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
salty runback, I am no longer free to Q.
on the other hand, Q is the only one who plays shuma, so still free to that.
Grats on not being free to someone who hasn't played in 2 months :D Sure can't wait for that tron assist nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom