• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Xbox is cool and all, but the xbox pad is the worst I've ever played with, so it's definitely a big no no for fighting games. Just like Karst, I also don't like paying for playing online.

Barrage

Tobe1 said:
the thing about psn is that, well it kinda sucks for marvel, i mean i even have some lag with ppl in my area. xbl just runs a lot smoother.

maybe ill try one of these days psn marvel-gaf

Just bought PS3 Marvel today. Haven't had a game yet that wasnt a shitstorm of Lag.

shaowebb

Who here is a pad warrior and who here runs a stick?

I'm still using my My Little Pony stick for dat Marvel BTW, but I will likely spend some time in Photoshop making myself a new layout for my TE thats been collecting dust and order a laminate label top to trick it out with Iron Fist for UMVC3.

There are literally no printshops with TE sized laminate labels in WV. We only got one with Arcade stick sized ones and they were shocked they had them at all since they didn't know what they were for.

Considering I just got my first 850K combo last night I think I've finally earned the right to play on my TE stick. I've held back till I could do this in any form and I feel like using it for Ultimate is a nice way to distinguish the experience from vanilla.

Though I'll still love my ponies. After all friendship is magic and I don't want them to get lonely now do I?

MANLY PICTURE TIME!

2461ez8.jpg

I love how Daredevil visibly shits his longjohns when he witnesses Iron Fist shatter the Helicarrier in a single chop to demonstrate why he gets his own tier. Some fighter Daredevil turned out to be by comparison...can't even Punch through a train.

It helps to wire the PS3 instead. It was laggy as shit for me at first before I hooked it into the router.

Oh, and gdamn at that panel. I remember freaking out when I saw that bitch going down. I'll try and read some of his comics when I make my way through the X-men stuff.
smurfx said:
i think spectator mode will bring a lot of people back. especially if they add a real nice online tournament mode. hell i might get a ps3 and buy umvc for it. just watched king of chinatown. pretty good documentary. justin wong was real smart to leave triforce and go do his own thing. gootecks freaking out because morgan webb mentioned justin's name really shows how nerdy he is deep inside. oh man i laughed at that scene. justin not giving a damn makes it even funnier. bought a better gaming pc for myself so i might end up playing marvel less now. i know i'll be playing cs source and team fortress 2.
The beginning of the end, for sure.

shaowebb

If marvel ever hit a PC I am trained in Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and a ton of other shit right now.

Guess who'd be making custom skins and attempting to resurface geometry on polymodels for custom swag?

Though if Iron Fist has the outfits I'm after I may be set outside of making a Scarlet Spider alternate for playing. For Iron Fist I want his current one from the reveal with the classic collared look.

The white and gold one that he now has in the comics.

The green variant of that one.

and the one shot outfit of Zorro-like fun he had when he appeard in Exiles and punched a hole through Luke Cage and killed him.
Screw the vest outfit though. Looks like he's from the movie "The Warriors" in that thing.

smurfx

get some go again
lol just had a great match. had a tough battle against this one guy and it came down to my haggar vs tron. he activated x factor and had a slight life advantage and had me in the corner and there was like 6 sec left. he activated his level 3 but i activated my level 3 after that and caught her and then barely took enough life away to get the win before the time ran out.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ultimoo said:
Xbox doesn't even have a room, so theirs can't even be empty. but regardless, I use to be in there a lot till I realized none of you are ever in there.

Nobody on y 360 friends list plays Marvel anymore. Everyone is back on SSF4 after AE came out.

Last night we played some MvC3 in the PSN SSF4 chat room, but we ended up switching to Arcana Heart 3 instead. DAT BETTER LOBBY SYSTEM.

Lyte Edge

Ultimoo said:
Xbox is cool and all, but the xbox pad is the worst I've ever played with, so it's definitely a big no no for fighting games. Just like Karst, I also don't like paying for playing online.

Buy a fight pad or a stick.

I wish everyone were connected. The fragmented Xbl and PSN communities makes it hard to get things going...
I wish Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo would all just come together and hug, and let us play cross-platform.

By the way Solar, did you see that guy dominating with team Darkstalkers yesterday? He was rocking it with Hsien-ko on point.

Who here is a pad warrior and who here runs a stick?
Stick.

LakeEarth

What with Marvel and rudeness? Last night i played a set with somoene who would never stop teabagging/taunting after matches, constantly hitting the "c'mon" button in between matches. I just took it in stride, but it is annoying how everyone is like this.

Lyte Edge

LakeEarth said:
What with Marvel and rudeness? Last night i played a set with somoene who would never stop teabagging/taunting after matches, constantly hitting the "c'mon" button in between matches. I just took it in stride, but it is annoying how everyone is like this.

If other games allowed for the same thing, people would do it in them, too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LakeEarth said:
Teabagging is just one level down from taunting as far as insinuating salty reactions and stroking your own ego goes. It amuses me.

sephi22

LakeEarth said:
My friend does it to me all the time. Post-round teabagging with Sentinel is even more infuriating, since that motherfucker does it at a speed of light. I do it to him sometimes too. But I almost never do it against randoms.

Karsticles said:
I wish Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo would all just come together and hug, and let us play cross-platform.

By the way Solar, did you see that guy dominating with team Darkstalkers yesterday? He was rocking it with Hsien-ko on point.
I've seen the Darkstalkers dude play a couple of times, but not yesterday. His Hsien-Ko was subpar in those matches, but I could learn a thing or two from his Morrigan and his Felicia was a work of art.

Has it been put on Archive as well?

McNum

So with all the UMvC3 hype going on, and getting my arcade stick fixed up and cleaned, I'm thinking of starting up a little MvC3 again. Only I haven't played since April or something like that, so any muscle memory I've got is long gone. Which opens up opportunities.

I'm pretty sure I can get my Morrigan skills back reasonably quick. Then add the Fly/Unfly Soul Fists to that and she's fight-worthy. I stubbornly refuse to give up on making my Felicia work out, even if X-23 might be a better choice, but I can't resist countering random fullscreen Hypers with Please Help Me! Sometimes, it's the little things that determine my character choice, and some times it's burying the opponent in a pile of catgirls. My third was Tron, and I'll be frank and say that I never got even decent with her. She was just the fire assist and then random fishing with her hold projectile for free Lunch Rush. So there's room for an exchange here. The question is, who? Gave Zero a shot. Fun, but I think that with Felicia on the team, I've got enough super-high execution characters to learn for now.

I'm thinking DOCTOR DOOM (spelled in all caps, because it's DOOM). But how do I make him do stuff? I've seen he has something awesome with his Foot Dives and juping Ms to create a Magneto-like loop. That's a good goal, but a little out of reach for now. Where does an apprentice DOOM begin? Or do any of you have a good idea for a third I didn't consider for Morrigan and Felicia? Not Hsien-Ko, though. Thematic as she is, I don't get her at all. Can Thor work out for this if not DOOM? I'd like a horizontal assist of some kind for Felicia, and DOOM's Plasma Beam seems like the ticket there.

Keep in mind, I'm talking for online play, and while my connection is awesome, there'll always be lag.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I've seen the Darkstalkers dude play a couple of times, but not yesterday. His Hsien-Ko was subpar in those matches, but I could learn a thing or two from his Morrigan and his Felicia was a work of art.

Yup here in the latest video:
http://www.twitch.tv/marquezsf/videos

Lots of play for each of the Darkstalkers too. The guy is pretty godlike.

Just saw the tournament footage and Eugene is really good. He just needs to work on using his X-factor early and how he uses Hsien-Ko. He would have beat that super skrull dude if he had use gold pendulum a couple more times.

Also, flame carpet disappearing on hit is brutal. He is gonna get opened up real hard. Definitely a harder nerf than it appearing farther from him.
Ultimoo said:
marvel?

marvel.
Marvel?

Duly noted and PS3.

Oh, and I forgot to mention something. Tron users got screwed hard as hell, man. Firebrand jabbed Tron before Gustav flame could even come out.

damn

Just brought the game a few days ago. Would love to get some online matchs going, although i'm still getting used to it. My psn is the same as my username if anyone wants too add me.

I thought his Hsien-ko was pretty solid - his opponent was no slouch. Enzo beat me o nthe stream link though.

Just saw the tournament footage and Eugene is really good. He just needs to work on using his X-factor early and how he uses Hsien-Ko. He would have beat that super skrull dude if he had use gold pendulum a couple more times.
That match was so close - I wanted team Darkstalkers to win it.

Also, flame carpet disappearing on hit is brutal. He is gonna get opened up real hard. Definitely a harder nerf than it appearing farther from him.
I'll save being upset about it for after I see the full cast of characters and changes. Yes, it's a difficult nerf, but I swear I saw Dormammu dash-cancel into an attack last night. If he can do that now, then Flame Carpet disappearing on hit is much more understandable because he gained some serious mobility options.

Neki

Delay that, I might be going out soon, want to see if I can still find a copy of WKC at EB. I'll be back in 2 hours, yay. D:

edit: brb.

Neki

leave tron alone please. it's hard enough with MML3.

edit: lol door crasher special at EB games was MvC3 for PS3/360 for 39.99. yes sir! should have bought it for 360 to put smurfx down.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
leave tron alone please. it's hard enough with MML3.

edit: lol door crasher special at EB games was MvC3 for PS3/360 for 39.99. yes sir! should have bought it for 360 to put smurfx down.
just wait and buy it from fellow gaffers now that the fire sale has started. i'm sure you will be able to get it at less than 20 soon.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
Delay that, I might be going out soon, want to see if I can still find a copy of WKC at EB. I'll be back in 2 hours, yay. D:

edit: brb.
Wait part 2 is out? I hope you are not buying part 1.... it comes for free in part 2.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Wait part 2 is out? I hope you are not buying part 1.... it comes for free in part 2.
eh it's not out in America, and I wanted to try it. it was only 5 dollars so I can't complain.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
I fucking hate Haggar so muuuuuuch. ;_;

gg

I thought you were my friend!

*sad face*

JK

Though I am deeply hating the nerfs to Haggar I've read about today. No invincibility to his lariat means he is not even worth having as an assist and unless he has mad priority or super armor on moves now he is going to be about worthless in this game against anyone with any kind of ranged options.

Magneto and Storm especially with there new zoning tactic. As predicted BTW, someone seems to already realize that spamming magneto push and disruptor with an assist to keep them locked into position for the push= insanely powerful. I knew this would happen as soon as I saw it and sure enough before the week was out it happened.

Haggar is done for...also the trashcan projectile has yet to show up so its likely a lie :(

At this rate him and Hsien Ko should be moved side by side on the character screen so that they can at least keep each other company.

...unless...

What if the push/pull abilities of Storm or Magneto could be used as assists O_O
!

No invincibility to his lariat means he is not even worth having as an assist and unless he has mad priority or super armor on moves now he is going to be about worthless in this game against anyone with any kind of ranged options.
Er, what? That's new to me. Where is there a video showing Double Lariat with no invincibility?!

Neki

Karsticles said:
Er, what? That's new to me. Where is there a video showing Double Lariat with no invincibility?!
DiosX was saying that Tron and Haggar don't have as much invincibility frames. But not sure, that's what he said.

The thing about Haggar is that he always ruins my day lol. I have to prepare myself to gold armor if I want to get in safely. It just forces me out of my own flow to that of the opponent and it is not something I'm used to.
shaowebb said:
I thought you were my friend!

*sad face*

JK

Though I am deeply hating the nerfs to Haggar I've read about today. No invincibility to his lariat means he is not even worth having as an assist and unless he has mad priority or super armor on moves now he is going to be about worthless in this game against anyone with any kind of ranged options.

Magneto and Storm especially with there new zoning tactic. As predicted BTW, someone seems to already realize that spamming magneto push and disruptor with an assist to keep them locked into position for the push= insanely powerful. I knew this would happen as soon as I saw it and sure enough before the week was out it happened.

Haggar is done for...also the trashcan projectile has yet to show up so its likely a lie :(

At this rate him and Hsien Ko should be moved side by side on the character screen so that they can at least keep each other company.

...unless...

What if the push/pull abilities of Storm or Magneto could be used as assists O_O
!
They should start a club for low tier characters with a secret handshake and everything. Except maybe Hsien-Ko gets a pass due to the giant claws. >_>

Oh, and I can't imagine that they'll ship the game with him in that condition. They may as well remove him and put in a beta version of Gene that they can patch after a couple of weeks, because the poor dude has NOTHING of value left if that is the case. :(
Tobe1 said:
anybody wants to play?
I'd only be available for eight games or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom