• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Great job Max. Solid work as usual. Look me up if you ever need advise on prop making some armor for a Tron, Ironman, Zero, or Sentinel assist me episode. I've helped build several suits of robot armor before and to date I think I'm the only guy ever to make a Crashman costume.

It'd be fun to help if you ever need it. Till then I'll just keep watching and laughing every time Doom breaks out into song. I can't wait for the inevitable Captain America episode after ultimate hits that breaks down his character's playstyle now that he got buffed.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Chavelo said:
Morrigan__the_succubus_by_TheZe.jpg

Let's go!
lawd

Editl: Also, I'll be in vegas less then 5 days after EVO is over. I am doing it wrong.

gutabo

God's Beard said:
So if anyone has any questions for Seth, tell me today or early tomorrow. So far it's basically all my own stuff.
Ask him about the hitbox videos. Why they tried(at first) to wipe them out of youtube, and tell him that they should publish them like that 10GB SSF4 hitbox torrent because that was very useful. I think hitbox pics suck, we need the vids to have the whole picture.

Also ask him why they don't document all the changes or all the properties of the moves in a document, book or something like other companies do(mostly for other kind of games).

Thanks!

Chavelo said:
cosplay babe
Old but holy shit... Name?

I'm in the same Marvel pool as Chris G... and if I make it out, I'm within 3 pools of Combofiend, Viscant and Clockwork.

There's no seeded players in my SF4 pool, but I've only been practicing Marvel :-(

smurfx

get some go again
God's Beard said:
So if anyone has any questions for Seth, tell me today or early tomorrow. So far it's basically all my own stuff.
ask him if there are any plans to have an online tournament mode that works together with spectator mode.

Dahbomb said:
Haggar

- Lariat assist no longer causes Hardknockdown (it causes Soft knockdown)

+/- Haggars f+H now causes bounce rather than huge hitstun (?)

- He might be more vulnerable during Lariat

I missed these changes, fucking sucks for Haggar. He was always one of the weakest characters in the game on point and he only receives nerfs? The change to the pipe is definitely a minus as it will shorten the length of some of his combos as he won't get an air-pipe ground-bounce extension any more. What the fuck Capcom?

smurfx

get some go again
Spirit of Jazz said:
I missed these changes, fucking sucks for Haggar. He was always one of the weakest characters in the game on point and he only receives nerfs? The change to the pipe is definitely a minus as it will shorten the length of some of his combos as he won't get an air-pipe ground-bounce extension any more. What the fuck Capcom?
can't have haggar or tron stopping the new characters from wrecking your ass and most likely virgil and strider in particular.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
Good luck to God's Beard and Killer Sasa at Evo! And any other Gaffers going. I'll be stream monstering it up.

Wish I was there man. Glad its gonna get a stream. Also that thing about haggar's standing pipe doing a bounce instead of beastly stunning them is new.

Can anyone confirm?

God I hope they didn't nerf all his stuff due to his assist power. He had better get some sort of tool soon, because at this rate he's gonna have a helluva time in UMVC3 given how strongly its buffing the keep away portion of the game.

Make my pipe knock projectiles back at people Capcom!

Normally I have absolutely nothing to do on weekends. This weekend, and this weekend only, I will be out of town. -_-

Best of luck to GAF members attending Evo! What will your player names be? I do intend to watch it all afterwards, even though it's not as hype when it's just a replay.

Wish I was there man. Glad its gonna get a stream. Also that thing about haggar's standing pipe doing a bounce instead of beastly stunning them is new.

Can anyone confirm?
Yeah, that's new. f.H staggers in MvC3. They shouldn't nerf him based on the assist, because his assist got nerfed too!

shaowebb

Karsticles said:
Normally I have absolutely nothing to do on weekends. This weekend, and this weekend only, I will be out of town. -_-

Best of luck to GAF members attending Evo! What will your player names be? I do intend to watch it all afterwards, even though it's not as hype when it's just a replay.

Yeah, that's new. f.H staggers in MvC3. They shouldn't nerf him based on the assist, because his assist got nerfed too!

You feel my pain. I'm moved Karsticles. It aint easy being someone who wants to play a large mustached prowrestler in dat Marvel. Its likely the grappler role is gonna be consumed by Nemesis at this rate.

I mean he's gonna be a huge guy with a bazooka! Who will choose Haggar with those nerfs if theres a grappler coming in with a projectile weapon? Assuming he is a grappler of course...

Neki

Karsticles said:

make sure you don't wander into here or the evo thread

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Karsticles said:

Same here. -.- (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mos def, good luck to everyone.

smurfx

get some go again
God's Beard said:
I'm in the same Marvel pool as Chris G... and if I make it out, I'm within 3 pools of Combofiend, Viscant and Clockwork.

There's no seeded players in my SF4 pool, but I've only been practicing Marvel :-(
is your name going to be gods beard as well? so we know to look out for you.

mr. puppy said:
Yeah, people are getting tired of your schtick too. All you do is come into the threads to complain about other people. When was the last time you dropped some character input info? Did you find a new move for a character? How have you helped to hype anyone up?

exactly

mr. puppy

Banned
SolarPowered said:
Yeah, people are getting tired of your schtick too. All you do is come into the threads to complain about other people. When was the last time you dropped some character input info? Did you find a new move for a character? How have you helped to hype anyone up?

exactly

they nerfed hsien ko in ultimate

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Could I trouble you for a few rounds, sir?
system still isn't connected. i might connect it later on tonight. if there is a wednesday night fights this week then i'm definitely going so i want some practice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx said:
system still isn't connected. i might connect it later on tonight. if there is a wednesday night fights this week then i'm definitely going so i want some practice.
Was wondering, are there any streams up this week or are they all down for evo? Will there be a Break Weekly this week?

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
Was wondering, are there any streams up this week or are they all down for evo? Will there be a Break Weekly this week?
i'm really hoping that wnf will be on at least. i can finally go now that i found out its close to my house and i hope this week it isn't canceled.

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:

HAHAHAAH....

You have to fight against the best players in the world. TRY NOT TO GET BODIED FOOL!

this thread is so much better than the umvc3 one, all they do is bitch
That's because this is where the real MVC3 fans aka people who don't complain about price point and DLC practices. We instead bitch about balance changes.. :D (although most of the balance changes have been pretty good, you aren't going to see much complaining from me).

GGs to Azure Runner, but that was just impossible lag, sorry :/

I couldn't even move, and moves wouldn't come out for like half a second even when i was double tapping :-(

playing ranked for the first time in months, and it was just as bad... I won but damn, couldn't do anything...

shaowebb

God's Beard said:

I couldn't even move, and moves wouldn't come out for like half a second even when i was double tapping :-(

Welcome to my world. Every match I play is underwater and its pretty much ruined things for me online. Comcast changed my package and it reamed me hard on bandwidth. I'll probably switch to frontier soon.

Its like I live in the bizarro world now where I am playing in the lab and your playing online @_@

My Gods, I hate Taskmaster keepaway with the burning hot intensity of an old star.
God's Beard said:

playing ranked for the first time in months, and it was just as bad... I won but damn, couldn't do anything...
The first three matches were a solid four, but the last couple were more like a three in terms of quality.

How did it feel for you? If it feels something like a 3-4 it's not good, but you might manage it by resetting the router and plugging it into the PS3. Anything less and you are screwed..

Dahbomb

I missed it among the bitching.

Seems like S-Kill acknowledged change to more zoning/runaway style in UMVC3. He did say that MVC3 was very rushdown heavy and the engine supported this. This is in line what I have been talking about earlier.

And even more scared with Firebrand.

Razor210

SolarPowered said:
My Gods, I hate Taskmaster keepaway with the burning hot intensity of an old star.
though, if I get hit in the air, Hsien-Ko and Morrigan are able to juggle characters...instead of getting knocked straight down to the ground. Also, those double-triple overheads are somewhat annoying to block :D Have to start matching your Hsien jump C with Taskmaster's...the arrows stopped hitting you :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
I missed it among the bitching.

Seems like S-Kill acknowledged change to more zoning/runaway style in UMVC3. He did say that MVC3 was very rushdown heavy and the engine supported this. This is in line what I have been talking about earlier.

And even more scared with Firebrand.
He didn't really say that at all, he just hinted that they're trying to make zoning (not runaway) a bit more useful of a trait to have and thus making zoning-centric characters more viable, but that doesn't translate into a more zoning-centric change in gameplay in the game as a whole.

Razor210

enzo_gt said:
He didn't really say that at all, he just hinted that they're trying to make zoning (not runaway) a bit more useful of a trait to have and thus making zoning-centric characters more viable, but that doesn't translate into a more zoning-centric change in gameplay in the game as a whole.
That's kinda what I was looking forward too - zoning chars are gonna be more viable now instead of eating 50/50 mixups every 3 seconds...

SolarPowered said:

The first three matches were a solid four, but the last couple were more like a three in terms of quality.

How did it feel for you? If it feels something like a 3-4 it's not good, but you might manage it by resetting the router and plugging it into the PS3. Anything less and you are screwed..

Worse than ranked did, like a 2. Constant slow motion, moves wouldn't come out. I could barely get a second hit to connect after a launcher.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
That's what I meant. I meant to say that the balance is being shifted towards more zoning meaning that if the ratio of performance of rushdown to zoning was 8-2 in MVC3 it's like 7-3 or 6-4 in UMVC3. Still rushdown heavy but zoning is more viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom