• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
Taskmaster and She-Hulk are close to top 5 though, along with Ammy/Storm.
If we're talking tournament performance anyways, Task and She-Hulk are definitely top characters.

I forget what Dahbomb's culmination of tournament wins by character read like, but I'm preeeeeeeeetty sure She-Hulk at least was top 5.

I want Tokido to not even make it out of pools, he uses two sins and one lesser sin of a character. :mad:

shaowebb

Lazy vs Crazy said:
I want to see Marn, MastaCJ and MarlinPie make top 8.

Marn just for the lol factor that follows him and the other two because they are super entertaining to watch.

Marn making it would be hilarious because he would officially win with a team that is nerfed out of existence.

Magneto/Zero/Sentinel

Now I'm not saying these guys will be bad in Ultimate, but Marn will have to completely relearn them because he officially states that the only reason he has this team is because he is all in for his Zero.

Magneto is there just for him to fish DHC glitch and Sentinel is there for drones. He even says he has a bad Sentinel in interviews.

Given that drones changed, DHC glitch is out, and Mags plays different he will likely change everything in a few months.

Marn winning would be hilarious.

Kimosabae

Banned
shaowebb said:
Marn making it would be hilarious because he would officially win with a team that is nerfed out of existence.

Magneto/Zero/Sentinel

Now I'm not saying these guys will be bad in Ultimate, but Marn will have to completely relearn them because he officially states that the only reason he has this team is because he is all in for his Zero.

Magneto is there just for him to fish DHC glitch and Sentinel is there for drones. He even says he has a bad Sentinel in interviews.

Given that drones changed, DHC glitch is out, and Mags plays different he will likely change everything in a few months.

Am I missing something, here? Evo is going to be Vanilla Marvel. What does these characters getting nerfed in Ultimate have to do with him placing well at Evo 2011?

ReiGun

I'm rooting for tokido, viscant (yeah I like phoenix players. What of it? :p), chris g, and j wong. Also gonna be checking for Tatsu. Not to win, but he plays x-23 and deadpool, two of my three favorite characters (the third being trish.)

That said, I'm not even sure I'm gonna be able to watch evo, what with my laptop's charger being fried. :( Hopefully, amazon delivers the new one with the quickness.

Toski

shaowebb said:

Magneto/Zero/Sentinel

I thought Marn wasn't going to EVO and he's retiring? Or hes just depressed and doesn't know what he wants to do.

I want an American to win EVO at Marvel, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Daigo or Tokido take it all if it means Japan goes hard into UMvC3.

shaowebb

Toski said:
I thought Marn wasn't going to EVO and he's retiring? Or hes just depressed and doesn't know what he wants to do.

I want an American to win EVO at Marvel, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Daigo or Tokido take it all if it means Japan goes hard into UMvC3.

Oh wow really? I can see the depressed thing. He's been slagged since TVC stopped gettin tournies. He's been off and on drunk a lot since then.

And yeah its vanilla at EVO which is why it'd be hilarious if a team thats premise no longer existed in a month would win. Every gimmick used to take a title at EVO if Marn's team pulled it off would be gone eliminating the winning team. Though if Marn's already out then no shenanigans of this nature are even remotely possible.

Not that he could've beaten Combofiend, Tokido, or Justin Wong anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Professor Beef said:
I wanna see Chris G take it all, and then have the camera switch to Keits who just fell on his ass because his chair broke or something.
Or he got punched in the face by Chris G who hit him with a charged shoryuken.

Toski

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Marn will be there he was just trolling.
Is he really going to retire though? I don't see what else he could do. He should pull a Tiger Woods and take the rest of the year off after EVO lol.

shaowebb

Oldschoolgamer said:
I hope some unnamed killer comes through and claims victory.

If not, then Chris G.

It will happen. It will be team darkstalkers guy. After his victory he will reveal himself to be Jedah and will cut off his own head for fun.

BTW there was a new event mode today in vanilla. 1 on 1 battles in arcade mode where your health fails to heal during matches.

Beat it with Ryu.

Felt kind of odd playing 1 player again.

smurfx

get some go again
i want combofiend to take mvc 3 at evo. mike ross taking ae this year would be the ultimate hype moment but it won't happen. would be great if he took out a huge name though. mike ross taking out somebody like daigo or justin wong would be enough for me.

Dahbomb

I forget what Dahbomb's culmination of tournament wins by character read like, but I'm preeeeeeeeetty sure She-Hulk at least was top 5.
Karsts meant top 5 as in current tier list. She Hulk was top 5 in results because early in the game's cycle she was very powerful because people didn't know how to deal with her.

Either Chris G or Combofiend in the final vs Tokido would be fucking hype... if USA wins.

I fancy JWong winning though. He needs to win the first MVC3 EVO tournament just for legacy sakes.

CAPCOM IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS.... FUCKING UNDO THE NERFS ON DANTE IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

Toski said:
Is he really going to retire though? I don't see what else he could do. He should pull a Tiger Woods and take the rest of the year off after EVO lol.
I doubt he's going to retire. Didn't he just join a new team a little before SBO Qualifiers?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FromTheFuture said:
I doubt he's going to retire. Didn't he just join a new team a little before SBO Qualifiers?
I remember during SBO Qualifiers he showed up (and played I think) and had some sort of card with a company name on it that he was showing off.

At the same time, it looks like Marn really doesn't care very much about tournaments and stuff anymore. I can't see him being serious about AE or Marvel anymore, on top of the fact that he's probably been playing LoL more than both recently, lol.

LakeEarth

Haha, I just finished a match by happy birthday-ing a bad team super with bionic arm, killing the one character, then I x-factored, juggled the assist with a magic combo in the air, and OTG air wire killed him while he was completely off-screen. You just see a wire go passed the right of the screen and "KO".

shaowebb

LakeEarth said:
Haha, I just finished a match by happy birthday-ing a bad team super with bionic arm, killing the one character, then I x-factored, juggled the assist with a magic combo in the air, and OTG air wire killed him while he was completely off-screen. You just see a wire go passed the right of the screen and "KO".

mcrtkh.gif

MarlinPie just debuted some crazy anti-Phoenix technology on the Break stream, using the Ammy team hyper combo to cover the point character to get free mixups and maybe even an unblockable.

USD

Godlike shit going on at the Break, should have posted the link before the MarlinPie-Rahsaan match:

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

The C.Viper/Amaterasu unblockable setup and the THC mix-up (Magneto mixes you the fuck up while Okami Shuffle is still on-screen) is amazing stuff. When Kyohei can actually keep his team alive (especially Viper) he can do some serious destruciton.

LakeEarth said:
Stuff like this being possible is what makes Capcom shit for not giving us spectator mode.

Goddamn that is the kind of stuff that people remember and talk about years later down the road haha.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"Yellow Card!

Well, they're clearly underperforming"

LOL

I wish someone linked it in the thread earlier so I could catch the hype :(

EDIT:

*bad marvel play*

"Is this a Marvelous Adventures episode?

ON BLAAAAST"

:lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dormammu's standing H flicking away Wesker's bullet was as badass as you can get. Didn't even know you could do that.

shaowebb

Just checked my license and apparently I am the most defensive player ever. I filled my chart readout on both basic and advanced defense.

You see folks...this is what happens when you play Haggar. All you learn is how to block.

EDIT: Tuned into the stream and DAAAMN Dorm ball flying up through akuma's fire to knock him outta that stuff. Great play happening in here.

shaowebb said:
Just checked my license and apparently I am the most defensive player ever. I filled my chart readout on both basic and advanced defense.

You see folks...this is what happens when you play Haggar. All you learn is how to call Hagger assist instead of block.

EDIT: Tuned into the stream and DAAAMN Dorm ball flying up through akuma's fire to knock him outta that stuff. Great play happening in here.
That sounds better.

^__^

USD

Sanford might not be a Marvel god anymore, but he's still good. Great defense, reactions and mobility. And at least there's still a few people still playing Storm.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There you go, the first Wesker projectile counter to hit in a competitive game, ever.

USD said:
Sanford might not be a Marvel god anymore, but he's still good. Great defense, reactions and mobility. And at least there's a still a few people still playing Storm.
Yeah he's definitely leveled up since the dildoes comment, haha. You can see some of the MvC2 chip strategies to protect assists and get people away leaking through into his MvC3 gameplay. Commentators caught it too. He's not afraid to burn meter at all.

From Evo thread, the Evo schedule is out. All times are PST, or 3 hours behind EST.

Friday, July 29th

Tournament Schedule

8:00 AM – 6:00 PM: Pool Play, SSF4:AE, MK9
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Quarterfinals, SSF4:AE MK9
8:00 PM – 11:00 PM: Semifinals, SSF4:AE, MK9

Panel Schedule

10:00 AM: Feed the Stream Monsters: A Guide to Broadcast Fighting Games
12:00 PM: Skullgirls: A New Age of Heroines
2:00 PM: Inside the Mind of the Beast: Daigo Umehara Exposed!
4:00 PM: Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Past, Present, and Future!
6:00 PM: Screening, Bang the Machine

Saturday, July 30th

Tournament Schedule

8:00 AM – 6:00 PM: Pool Play, MvC3, Tekken 6, BlazBlue CS2
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM: Quarterfinals, MvC3, Tekken 6, BlazBlue CS2
8:00 PM – 11:00 PM: Semifinals, MvC3
12:00 AM: MvC3 EC vs. WC 5 on 5 Exhibition

Panel Schedule

10:00 AM: King of Fighters XIII: Panel and Discussion
12:00 PM: Street Fighter III: Online Edition, Reinventing a Classic
2:00 PM: Namco Bandai – Get Ready for the Next Panel!
4:00 PM: New Directions in Street Fighter X Tekken
6:00 PM: Screening, King of Chinatown
7:15 PM: Screening, Focus

Sunday, July 31

All times are approximate! We will also have some surprises in store throughout the day.

10:00 AM: Blazblue Finals
12:00 AM: Tekken 6 Finals
2:00 PM: Mortal Kombat 9 Finals
3:30 PM: SF3 Third Strike Exhibition
5:00 PM: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Finals
7:00 PM: SSF4:AE Finals
9:00 PM: Closing Ceremonies

Delicious. Hope your making the thread USD.

LakeEarth

Parallax Scroll said:
all haggar needs is a dive kick, a teleport, and flight mode.
He just needs something that can beat people chicken blocking constantly. At best he can get a low air throw into a 1 hit splash.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
That sounds better.

^__^

Pretty good edit there. ITs true, but in most Haggar teams I try to create I want him on point for one reason only.

I got something to prove about the character not being assist tier.

Its weird because he either dies outright or bodies nearly 2 guys. If I had a Dante I'd just use Jam session all day and run someone with a long lasting beam to cover me on jump ins or violent ax attempts. Hoodlum launcher is good too, but ax yields me better results.

Runnin Haggar on point folks and shit tiering my rank because I refuse to just throw him in at anchor or middle.

I can't believe I spelled Haggar's name that way.
shaowebb said:
Pretty good edit there. ITs true, but in most Haggar teams I try to create I want him on point for one reason only.

I got something to prove about the character not being assist tier.

Its weird because he either dies outright or bodies nearly 2 guys. If I had a Dante I'd just use Jam session all day and run someone with a long lasting beam to cover me on jump ins or violent ax attempts. Hoodlum launcher is good too, but ax yields me better results.

Runnin Haggar on point folks and shit tiering my rank because I refuse to just throw him in at anchor or middle.
He excels at wearing people down with the right assist in my opinion. He can absorb chip well enough and his damage up close redeems him. It is just hard to get in on folks and no projectiles makes it too much of a chore to bother.

I never realized how important Anki hou projectiles are until I had to deal with flying characters and zoners who like to stay in the air...

Anth0ny

the EC/WC 5 on 5 is at 12 AM? Meaning... 3AM EST?

Looks like I'm not sleeping this weekend.

Kinda sucks that AE is the main event, I can't see it being as exciting as Marvel. It'll be hype as fuck... but Marvel hype is too much.

Anth0ny said:
the EC/WC 5 on 5 is at 12 AM? Meaning... 3AM EST?

Looks like I'm not sleeping this weekend.

Kinda sucks that AE is the main event, I can't see it being as exciting as Marvel. It'll be hype as fuck... but Marvel hype is too much.
West coast times, my good chum.

Unless I misunderstood your post.

Neki

AzureJericho said:
8wayrun stream on right now, shit is fucking hilarious.
"spider is 9-1 matchup"
"x-factor activated"
"dark mantis rising"
"we just got ourselves a real match"
"there is no loser brackets in a fight to to the death"
"need more brains"

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
I can't believe I spelled Haggar's name that way.

He excels at wearing people down with the right assist in my opinion. He can absorb chip well enough and his damage up close redeems him. It is just hard to get in on folks and no projectiles makes it too much of a chore to bother.

I never realized how important Anki hou projectiles are until I had to deal with flying characters and zoners who like to stay in the air...

I feel you man. You know the assist that probably covered Haggar the best was either Dante Crystal, or Ammy Cold Star since both sort of lasted forever and kept them very immobilized for me. They worked better than Sent drones really.

I know Haggar+Dante=bros but I just drop those combos with Dante...though hammer spam is pretty fun to do even at low tier to keep opening up folks.

Maybe I should just go all in at somepoint and run Haggar/Ammy/Dante entirely and see how far I get. Team could really use a Spencer for the grab potential, but it misses more than it hits for me. Probably best left as a combo extender instead of a starter.

Someday Haggar. Someday...

Till then I'm just gonna keep working on my ?/Ryu/Sent team. It's currently got me learning Storm antics since she adds a lot of damage and meter build to this team on point. She turns any 400+k combo into a dead character with her Ice Storm on DHC so its worth trying.

I loved Chun Li and she opened folks up like a champ, but I dropped her for the same reason most others did...low damage. Same reason I dropped C.Viper.

Its nice to know Chun Li's damage is getting a buff if I remember things correctly. Gal needed it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
"spider is 9-1 matchup"
"x-factor activated"
"dark mantis rising"
"we just got ourselves a real match"
"there is no loser brackets in a fight to to the death"
"need more brains"
"hes saving up for 5 meters"

Bug Fighter for Evo!

EDIT: I don't know if you've left already God's Beard, but can you ask if there are any plans for a new strategy guide?

enzo_gt said:
"hes saving up for 5 meters"

Bug Fighter for Evo!

EDIT: I don't know if you've left already God's Beard, but can you ask if there are any plans for a new strategy guide?
That should be the bonus item for those who bought MvC3. A kickass bonus item.

Ok, I'm organizing all my Skill questions right now. Basically I broke them down by game or in general questions. All of them are either edited to flow better or if they were similar to my questions, I blended them together. I have about 25 questions that I think are pretty solid.

There were a couple that I was on the edge of adding, but they were a little too intense so I decided against it.

"Other than the website leak, previously there was a leaker named Lupinko infamous for dropping massive amounts of game data way in advance of a game's release. However, this time he was unusually vague, consistently baiting several forums while barely giving away anything, as well as being uncharacteristically close to the official announcement of UMVC3. This sort of hype strategy seems like the sort of easy, low cost strategy that a community manager would come up with. How does Capcom plan to effectively use viral marketing to promote its games?"

"With MVC3 being moved up within the fiscal year and at the time expectations for Dead Rising 2's mixed financial success in the wake of Lost Planet 2, how do you avoid the perception that Ultimate Marvel 3 is the second half to an unfinished game?"

I did include one question of this level that I think you guys will like, though.

God's Beard said:
Ok, I'm organizing all my Skill questions right now. Basically I broke them down by game or in general questions. All of them are either edited to flow better or if they were similar to my questions, I blended them together. I have about 25 questions that I think are pretty solid.

There were a couple that I was on the edge of adding, but they were a little too intense so I decided against it.

"Other than the website leak, previously there was a leaker named Lupinko infamous for dropping massive amounts of game data way in advance of a game's release. However, this time he was unusually vague, consistently baiting several forums while barely giving away anything, as well as being uncharacteristically close to the official announcement of UMVC3. This sort of hype strategy seems like the sort of easy, low cost strategy that a community manager would come up with. How does Capcom plan to effectively use viral marketing to promote its games?"

"With MVC3 being moved up within the fiscal year and at the time expectations for Dead Rising 2's mixed financial success in the wake of Lost Planet 2, how do you avoid the perception that Ultimate Marvel 3 is the second half to an unfinished game?"

I did include one question of this level that I think you guys will like, though.
I can see how those questions would be a little too risky.

shaowebb

LakeEarth said:
What are some good teammates for Storm? I played her a bit today and I think I can use her.

As far as I can see Sentinel is Still a viable anchor for Storm and drones+ all those whirlwinds can still be quite frustrating to get around plus it builds a ton of meter. Best thing about Storm on point is that when you finish a combo you can Ice storm them on the ground to lift them back up and then DHC to whoever is next for easily over 700k+ for nearly anyone.

I'm currently attempting to learn some Storm stuff for Storm/Ryu/Sentinel and its a pretty heavy damaging team. By no means is this the only option though.

Storm/Magneto/Sentinel is the God tier team of mvc2 and always has had and still have great synergy.

Storm+Spencer's armor piercer gives her a pretty cool wall bounce to play with that gets her an easy combo

Storm+Ammy coldstar = one of the most irritating crossup situations around to setup that overhead of hers

Storm+Dante Jam Session=a bad ass wall to keep them stuck perpetually in your keep away game in addition to giving you a million dollar DHC. If devil trigger is activated when you call in Dante out of your Ice Storm for this its a happy day.

She really works with damned near anyone so have fun, finish with that lovely damage heavy level one OTG and DHC if you got the meter for an easy character kill.

Shes pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom