• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Seth Killian interview is pretty awesome. Thanks for the link.

Edit: The questions are really hitting a lot of points.
Razor210 said:
though, if I get hit in the air, Hsien-Ko and Morrigan are able to juggle characters...instead of getting knocked straight down to the ground. Also, those double-triple overheads are somewhat annoying to block :D Have to start matching your Hsien jump C with Taskmaster's...the arrows stopped hitting you :p
You are seriously good though. I just get annoyed easily by Taskmaster. Thanks for the complements on overheads too. I've been working hard at learning how to open people up with her.

GG
God's Beard said:
Worse than ranked did, like a 2. Constant slow motion, moves wouldn't come out. I could barely get a second hit to connect after a launcher.
Wow that is a terrible difference between our experiences. It seriously felt like four bars for me at the beginning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
That's what I meant. I meant to say that the balance is being shifted towards more zoning meaning that if the ratio of performance of rushdown to zoning was 8-2 in MVC3 it's like 7-3 or 6-4 in UMVC3. Still rushdown heavy but zoning is more viable.
Ah I see. Those are some pretty bold figures there. Arthur and Rocket Raccoon better bring the heat to make it so.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Ah I see. Those are some pretty bold figures there. Arthur and Rocket Raccoon better bring the heat to make it so.
It's not just about those 2, it's about the changes made to the current roster as well. Let's just give people an idea of what I am talking about here:

*Magneto got nerfed in his rushdown and got BETTER in zoning/runaway thanks to his new moves

*Storm ditto with her new moves

*Trish got SUPER improvements in all her specials start up time and assist time

*Doom got many improvements in his zoning game

*Deadpool and Chris got start up improvements too apparently

*Ryu and Morrigan got new projectiles so they have improved zoning

*Arthur improved in zoning

*Hsien Ko improved in zoning

*Wolverine lost invulnerability on B Slash (huge buff for zoning play)

*Wesker health nerf and other changes to him

*Zero buster doesn't cause hard knockdown meaning he can't bully zoners anymore

*Taskmaster pretty much unchanged

*Cold Star buffed on point for Amaterasu

*Captain America got improved in his zoning

*Sentinel also improved

*Dormammu did get nerfs to his Flame carpet but he got buffs in other departments

*MODOK got at least one buff

*All combo heavy characters got nerfed (Dante, Zero, Magneto etc)

So pretty much every zoning character in the game got buffed in UMVC3 except for Phoenix. Even characters who were like half zoning got improvements in their zoning half (like Storm or Doom).

Threats to zoning include stuff like Dante's tracking teleport, Phoenix's teleport and Strider/Vergil/Firebrand. However, judging by the other new characters like Ghost Rider, Hawkeye and RR, Dr Strange and Phoenix Wright (all of whom are rumored to be zoning heavy) I can definitely say that the balance has been shifted a bit.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:

I'm betting on Rocket Raccoon being similar to Cable, but too short to slide under. If that turns out to be the case he will be hilariously irritating and inescapably on a lot of teams.
I'd laugh my ass off at the silliness of it all and be won over if this turns out to be the case. Here's hoping we see the return of 4 shot viper beam.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
It's not just about those 2, it's about the changes made to the current roster as well. Let's just give people an idea of what I am talking about here:

*Magneto got nerfed in his rushdown and got BETTER in zoning/runaway thanks to his new moves

*Storm ditto with her new moves

*Trish got SUPER improvements in all her specials start up time and assist time

*Doom got many improvements in his zoning game

*Deadpool and Chris got start up improvements too apparently

*Ryu and Morrigan got new projectiles so they have improved zoning

*Arthur improved in zoning

*Hsien Ko improved in zoning

*Wolverine lost invulnerability on B Slash (huge buff for zoning play)

*Wesker health nerf and other changes to him

*Zero buster doesn't cause hard knockdown meaning he can't bully zoners anymore

*Taskmaster pretty much unchanged

*Cold Star buffed on point for Amaterasu

*Captain America got improved in his zoning

*Sentinel also improved

*Dormammu did get nerfs to his Flame carpet but he got buffs in other departments

*MODOK got at least one buff

*All combo heavy characters got nerfed (Dante, Zero, Magneto etc)

So pretty much every zoning character in the game got buffed in UMVC3 except for Phoenix. Even characters who were like half zoning got improvements in their zoning half (like Storm or Doom).

Threats to zoning include stuff like Dante's tracking teleport, Phoenix's teleport and Strider/Vergil/Firebrand. However, judging by the other new characters like Ghost Rider, Hawkeye and RR, Dr Strange and Phoenix Wright (all of whom are rumored to be zoning heavy) I can definitely say that the balance has been shifted a bit.
Oh no, I understand what you mean. I thought you meant rushdown-based vs. zoning-based characters, not the elements themselves. Certainly characters who have zoning elements (like you've listed, the majority of the cast) will benefit from zoning-tool buffs, but I was thinking zoning-centric characters specifically, characters that don't have the rushdown backbone to fall back on because it's lackluster. The characters who I'd truly consider as being completely centred on zoning and projectile combat would be Arthur and if I'm being a bit assumptive, Rocket Raccoon. Certainly the presence of zoning elements will increase slightly, but like you said, it will still be a heavily rushdown based game unless they jack up projectile damage a ton, which would quite drastically effect the flow of combat and would be highly unlikely.

EDIT: Some Marvel going on with Break weekly regulars incl. MarlinPie, Felax, Quotes maybe too: http://www.justin.tv/live_oratory#/w/1525787008

Dahbomb

If RR has the mobility, he's going to be fine.

Arthur lacks viability because he has the worst mobility in the game. Until that is fixed, even if the game is more zoning friendly he is still going to suck.

shaowebb

Heres hoping they don't nerf Sentinel's hard drive because it'll be a pretty good punish for good keep away players. I run a keep away Sentinel myself and it generally works as a way to cut through anyone's attempt to out do me. Also works as a way to run away and DHC him out.

If the invincibility goes bye bye on that mode then its official that they want him to keep dropping out of tiers.

kai3345

Banned
Fuck I really regret winning that rank match that sent me from beginner to amateur. Now all I seem to get matched with are these people who kill one of my characters with a single combo while I just have to sit there and watch

Edit: is there a way to make my rank go down?

shaowebb said:
Heres hoping they don't nerf Sentinel's hard drive because it'll be a pretty good punish for good keep away players. I run a keep away Sentinel myself and it generally works as a way to cut through anyone's attempt to out do me. Also works as a way to run away and DHC him out.

If the invincibility goes bye bye on that mode then its official that they want him to keep dropping out of tiers.
Nerfing his HD would be kind of silly. It is not really spammable and blocking it is pretty easy. The truly annoying thing about Sentinel is that stupid HSF that does not even disappear when he gets hit. I hate that shit with a passion, because an assist is dead the moment it is caught. Not even gold pendulum can take the hit.

Far worse than frying pan, launcher of doom and HD.
kai3345 said:
Fuck I really regret winning that rank match that sent me from beginner to amateur. Now all I seem to get matched with are these people who kill one of my characters with a single combo while I just have to sit there and watch

Edit: is there a way to make my rank go down?
Take this as a chance to improve your game.

Neki

Nerfing his HD would be kind of silly. It is not really spammable and blocking it is pretty easy. The truly annoying thing about Sentinel is that stupid HSF that does not even disappear when he gets hit. I hate that shit with a passion, because an assist is dead the moment it is caught. Not even gold pendulum can take the hit.

Baiting out an assist with Sentinel and then doing HSF xx x-factor xx HSF is the greatest feel in the world. Did it to Q the one day, lawl.

Dahbomb

It's not called Hyper Sodium Force for nothing.

Oh and...

wIqcT.gif

Last time I busted this out was when Sentinel was SSS tier.

smurfx

get some go again
hey gods beard i just thought of another question you can ask seth. ask him if there has been any tweaks to the camera in the game. right now the camera is pretty shitty and puts you at a disadvantage a lot of the time. i really hope they fixed the camera in umvc3.

Anth0ny

Anyone know what the deal is with the PS3 Evo stream? Is it going to be Sp00ky's stream? Cause if it ain't James Chen/Ultra David, I'll stick to justin.tv thanks

kai3345

Banned
SolarPowered said:

Take this as a chance to improve your game.
I am, I've been playing this day literally everyday since day 1 and I havent gotten better at all

im doomed to be forever terrible at fighting games D:

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm loving this Anti-Phoenix tech from MarlinPie. if he gets a snap on Phoenix, the unblockable Focus Attack + Cold Star Assist combo pretty much guarantees a kill.

That and the THC > XFC > low jabs to create an unblockable (I think) to open up Phoenix while she's also being hit high by the hypers and possibly chipped by the THC as well is also dirty.

Also there will be a break weekly tomorrow according to Quotes.

shaowebb said:
We've never played. We should play. :D

(It'll be lag-tacular :C )
Only Ultimoo and Q make HSF work like that lol. Everyone else eats a bucket worth of blades.
kai3345 said:
I am, I've been playing this day literally everyday since day 1 and I havent gotten better at all

I've got a headache and this just made it worse lol. How in the world have you still not improved?

:S

shaowebb

kai3345 said:

Who are your best characters and who is in your current team?

What is your approach tactic (how do you plan on getting inside to start combos)?

Do you prefer jump ins, or dash ins?

Are you getting eaten alive upon landing from jumps?

How are you at air throws?

When do you prefer to X-factor?

Do you even use basic magic series for any of your character?

kai3345

Banned
SolarPowered said:
Only Ultimoo and Q make HSF work like that lol. Everyone else eats a bucket worth of blades.

I've got a headache and this just made it worse lol. How in the world have you still not improved?

:S
Idk I'm really fucking terrible. Under crazy stress (such as getting my ass handed to me) I find it hard to do the button combos mostly.

If you're on xbox, add me, Sniperdude141 and maybe you can diagnose what type of awfulness I'm suffering from one day.

Who are your best characters and who is in your current team?

What is your approach tactic (how do you plan on getting inside to start combos)?

Do you prefer jump ins, or dash ins?

Are you getting eaten alive upon landing from jumps?

How are you at air throws?

When do you prefer to X-factor?

Do you even use basic magic series for any of your character?

My main team is Wesker/Dante/Zero

My approach tactic is that I usually use Wesker's dash move and then start beating on them and then attempt a team air combo, but im garbage at those so that plan usually goes to shit pretty quick.

I'm not sure what you mean by this question.

Or this one.

I'm pretty terrible relating to anything in the air.

If I know who I'm playing, a lot of times I'll X-Factor early if they whip out their best character, and try and whittle down as much of their health as I can with a 3 man cross over. Otherwise I usually wait until I'm on my last guy, which is usually Dante or Zero.

Don't understand this question either

shaowebb

kai3345 said:
Idk I'm really fucking terrible. Under crazy stress (such as getting my ass handed to me) I find it hard to do the button combos mostly.

If you're on xbox, add me, Sniperdude141 and maybe you can diagnose what type of awfulness I'm suffering from one day.

I'm dynasty penguin. I'm on Xbox. I'll even throw on my headset.

kai3345

Banned
shaowebb said:
I'm dynasty penguin. I'm on Xbox. I'll even throw on my headset.
Lol, thanks for the add. I can't play tonight, I've got to get up early and am about o go to bed, but if you're free another time, some hands on learning would hopefully improve my game.

Dahbomb

You may wanna switch up team order. Zero on 2nd spot, Dante at last. Dante on Weasel Shot, Wesker on Low gun shot and Zero on Shippuga assists.

Stop using THC randomly (3 man cross over as you call it), it's a waste of meter.

First thing you wanna learn to do is use Teleports with Wesker. Call Dante's Weasel shot and then Teleport behind them. If they block it, Weasel shot covers you. If they don't, you get a free combo.

For now you should just be doing basic relaunch combos with Wesker. Magic series launcher BBCS. When you drop down, you want to hit the assist button immediately then dash up and do low gun shot. You should be able to do another launcher after the assist hits.

Abuse Wesker's cr.M poke in strings and then call out assist and mix up teleports (high, forward teleports). At long ranges abuse the gun of course.

Next thing you wanna learn with Wesker is AIR THROWS as it's a very important part of his game. The standard combo is Air throw, Low Gun shot, cr.M, st.H, S into combo of choice. The cr.M after Low gun shot is sort of a link but not a hard one. You can't mash it out but you can't throw it out too late either. If you have trouble with the link, then just do air throw, call assists as you fall down Low gun shot into launcher.

Once you get good with air throws, you can trap opponents into corner and go for resets with air throws. Use your LVL1 hyper only when you know you can kill. For combo enders, just do Low Gun shot into THC (both assist buttons at the same time) it will do a lot of damage (if you are near the kill). If you have 3 bars you might as well go for the LVL3 but REMEMBER if you are the end of a combo then you need an assist to pop them up after Low gun shot.

After relaunch combos and basic air throw game, you should learn some better combos with Wesker involving his Palm strikes. Not that hard to do either.

With Zero, you wanna do similar stuff as Wesker as far as combos go. If you have Wesker as an assist, after a knockdown just call Wesker as an assist and launch them. With Dante, you have to do air QCF+H (like Wesker's low gun shot to OTG them) and then launch them. With Zero you have to be always charging the Buster, which is best charged with the L button. You should look at some better combos with him. Similar teleport set ups can be used with Zero and Dante's Weasel shot (cross them up).

Abuse cr.M with Zero and j.H. Finish combos with Rekkoha. When Wesker is on point and about to die, don't panic and go for raw tag. DHC into Zero's clone hyper as it is safe. With Zero you have to play very carefully, abuse his sword range, his buster projectile and pick your approaches carefully (he has many command dashes to move in you have to pick them accordingly).

You can use X Factor whenever you want. With Wesker you should be able to finish the match if you X Factor accordingly. Just do any combo, Low Gun shot X factor Launch air magic series into hyper. Other than that, with Zero just do Rekkoha X Factor Rekkoha, on connection it usually kills characters. With Dante you can activate both X Factor and Devil Trigger plus abuse his Air Raid move (QCF+S during Devil Trigger).

Dante has a lot of tricks up his sleeves and is sort of an advance character. You should be looking at online videos for him. Learn his combos, his special moves and its properties, abuse HAMMER, learn when to use Teleport, how to combo after his air throw (both of your assists should allow you to follow up Dante's air throw when combined with Fireworks). One of the most important things with Dante is to not mash H, it will get your killed. Bold cancelling is also something you should be looking into.

Edit: Oh man I just realized you are completely new. :p

Magic series: On the ground = ABCS (crouching or standing, works for your 3 characters)
In the air = BBCS (works for Zero and Wesker, for Dante you should be doing the Day 1 combo which is Killer Bee, relaunch air combo Sky Dance)

DHC: Delayed Hyper combo. It's when you cancel one hyper into another. On your team you would be cancelling Phantom Dance into Zero's Sogenmu to make it safe.

THC: Team Hyper combo. It's when you press both assists and you get the simultaneous hypers.

OTG: Off the ground. It's hitting an opponent when they are lying flat on the ground after a hard knockdown. It's when you complete an air combo and finish with S, you can combo them when they are lying on the floor but you need moves that OTG like Wesker's Low Gun shot, Zero's air QCF+H and Dante's Cold Shower/Volcano.

Dahbomb

Sorry for double post but I don't see Viscant on the MVC3 bracket list.

I find it hard to believe that he is not seeded considering he won Revelations.

USD

Dahbomb said:
Sorry for double post but I don't see Viscant on the MVC3 bracket list.

I find it hard to believe that he is not seeded considering he won Revelations.
ReveLAtions wasn't a part of the EVO season.

shaowebb

kai3345 said:

Nice team, but using Zero in last isn't your best option given his damage output. He has mad priority and cool tricks, but he's better off as your second with either Wesker or Dante in last.

Tell me your assists on this team, and we can all try to recommend how to best use them to cover your character so they can open people up or so we can tell you how to use them to extend your combos.

kai3345 said:
My approach tactic is that I usually use Wesker's dash move and then start beating on them and then attempt a team air combo, but im garbage at those so that plan usually goes to shit pretty quick.

Okay it sounds like you are relying on TAC (team aerial combos) for damage and either missing them or having them knocked off by opponents (very likely). Also it sounds like your playing Wesker as pure rushdown due to his speed.

TAC is alright, but if you only try to get damage off of it your hurting yourself by being predictable. They'll see when you do exchange guys the first time and try to time there mashing of the S (laucher) button to knock you off during that point if you get them again.

Wesker's best methods of jacking a guy up isn't to charge him. Try Forward H (your Heavy attack) to fire his gun and then teleport if it connects. Most guys seem to just shoot and teleport and this has gotten predictable and gets punished a lot, but at your rank it may be fine until you learn to control yourself enough to show restraint.

Once shot the teleport slaps you above them and you can do your magic series or try to get fancy with combos you see online.

I'll explain magic series in a bit.

Also another big thing for Wesker is his air grab. You catch them with his air grab and he throws you STRAIGHT DOWN. From this you have merely to land and shoot them on the ground and it'll pop them straight up for you to combo. Watch "assist me" from Maximillian here on the boards to see the in depth stuff on how to really style with Wesker. He's a 1st lord and a major player with major respect around the scene.

kai3345 said:
I'm not sure what you mean by this question.

Or this one.

I'm pretty terrible relating to anything in the air.

All of these questions relate. You can dash in this game by either tapping forward twice or by hitting two attack buttons at the same time. A wave dash is where you dash and then hit DOWN to cancel the dash, once canceled you can dash again with no recovery time and zip across the ground like a rocket with quite a few characters. So 2 attacks then DOWN rapidly= wave dash.

That is a dash in. Some people use it to approach folks. They generally do this behind an assist so they dont run face first into an attack. Zero has a good projectile that is godly if he's tagged out in his boosted state for this.

Getting "eaten alive by upon landing from your jumps" refers to a problem I had with Taskmaster for awhile. I'd jump in try some stuff and then get destroyed upon landing because they blocked it.
Sixfortyfive and his bunch pointed out that I was completely leaving my "landing strip" unprotected. What they meant was to try to use an assist to keep someone busy so that if my jump in attacks failed they would be stuck in block stun from the assist's attack and be less able to react to me and punish me if I failed to connect.

Simple and big advise. I'm not stylish, but knowing something so simple will help you a lot.

Also air throws. Jumping in can lead to a lot of people jumping up at you with an attack sometimes. Sometimes I jump in purposely with the intent of not attacking all the while holding back once I get in so close to block. If I see someone jump in to meet me then I just hit H (your heavy attack) when they get close and they get air thrown. Since you have 3 real bastards that can follow up on air throws into combos you should do this sometimes to keep them guessing.

Jump ins are where you do just that...you jump at the opponent as your preferred method of approaching them. I do this a lot as a Ryu player. You need to generally either know what moves you have are good during a jump or have an assist occupying your opponent to make this save.

A (your lightest attack) is generally good against most things traditionally in fighters because it is faster and beats out heavier attacking moves. This is fighters 101. Marvel has a lot of exceptions to this and again you should check vids for Wesker on his air stuff to know what to use best when hes above folks to hit them...especially after a teleport.

Dante has one of the best in the game in his sword that slams straight down. It even beats divekick so its great on jumping in. Zero is also pretty boss with his jumping H since when he spins his sword hits in every direction. If you aim your landing directly above the opponent instead of in front of him it crosses them up (hits in front and behind) a lot of times screwing them up because they might input the block on the wrong side of the first hit and eat the whole attack into a combo.

Summon an assist from Dante during jump ins to force their block in the opposite direction of where you want to hit them with Zero for a good and simple way to open them up.

kai3345 said:
If I know who I'm playing, a lot of times I'll X-Factor early if they whip out their best character, and try and whittle down as much of their health as I can with a 3 man cross over. Otherwise I usually wait until I'm on my last guy, which is usually Dante or Zero.

Your new so I wouldn't pop x-factor early until you got some combos down solid. Stylish guys do it not to whittle folks down, but to flat out kill them outright. Thats where x-factoring early is good. If your struggling save it for later as a comeback mechanic instead of using it the way you have been. It gets stronger from lvl1 through 3 and your best guys for it are Wesker and Dante. Zero isn't so damage special with it so he shouldn't come in last as your anchor character since this is generally your go to assist character who needs to be able to have a good shot at handling things on their own.

For your team that means either Wesker or Dante. Lvl 3 of either character is damned scary with them. In your case maybe you should go with Dante though until you learn how to do teleport setups with wesker.

Also using 3 man hyper combos is something only to do if it will kill someone since it burns off 3 whole meters. Instead use whats known as DHC (delayed hyper combo).

Throw one hyper and if it connects( or is close to chip damaging them out but wont quite make it) wait a little until it hits some and then input another hyper combo. Your next guy will come in and continue into the combo with there own hyper. This conserves meter and is also an excellent way to deal chip damage when just trying to safely tag someone out who is in trouble.

kai3345 said:
Don't understand this question either

And here is a big thing. A magic series refers to a magical golden rule in fighters. A lighter attack will almost always combo into the next strongest attack up from it.

A basic magic series is usually Light, medium, heavy, launcher (JUMP!) medium, medium, heavy, Launcher button to smash them back down.

You do two mediums in the air in MVC3 with nearly every character because it does more damage, and it seems to work with everyone as training mode's missions will show you.

Some character have air hypers and finish the air portion with that or similar. My team is based around this.

Practice these things and tell me how you do. I'm a pretty "keep it simple" sort of player and by no means am I as badass as a lot of these guys, but by watching and listening they taught me these basics.

We can learn you bread and butters later.

Also if people jump in on you a lot you should bait that and use Dante's jam session to catch them. It's an irritating wall that stops everything cold.

Oh and don't jump in on Hulk without blocking...his standing H goes through everything in the game a lot of times. Dante's sword should make it safe to try but one standing H from Hulk could lead to a dead...anyone.

shaowebb

Dahbomb said:
*great mind thinking alike*.

Wow we were both in the reply area making him some fighter 101 help.

Its good to know we care. Its why I stuck around since I was about like this around starting this game in a lot of ways.

Dahbomb

I would recommend that he switch one of his characters for Akuma. Team lacks a top tier assist for rushdown.

Zero/Dante (Jam Session)/Akuma is considered by many to be a top tier team

Wesker/Zero/Akuma should be good too

Wesker/Dante/Akuma also good

Might as well abuse that assist now that it's about to get nerfed.

And I am getting really hyped for EVO now. Just looking at the 32 seeded players... I SAID WOW. And that doesn't even include killers like Clockw0rk, Viscant and Fanatiq who aren't even in the seeds but are solid players.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I had no MvC3 experience (and almost no fighting game experience) and I went with Wesker/Sent/Phoenix (hahahahaha). Used Stream Monster technology.

I had never used a fightstick so I kept my fingers rested and hit X-Factor on Wesker basically every match at level 1.
Eventually I learned how to teleport with sent drones and that I should do crouching light/m/h/launch MMHLaunch

Took a while to get teleports to come out sorta decently and do do all of phoenix's stuff quickly.
Sentinel I'd just crouching medium into launch and hit MMHS. I think I landed the light rocketpunch into HSF once. Felt good. Then I X-factored and did bubble. That was rad.

I'd just keep dying to She-Hulk's slide and command grabs which are fucking bullshit though.

*This was just vs a friend

shaowebb

Dahbomb said:
I would recommend that he switch one of his characters for Akuma. Team lacks a top tier assist for rushdown.

Zero/Dante (Jam Session)/Akuma is considered by many to be a top tier team

Wesker/Zero/Akuma should be good too

Wesker/Dante/Akuma also good

Might as well abuse that assist now that it's about to get nerfed.

And I am getting really hyped for EVO now. Just looking at the 32 seeded players... I SAID WOW. And that doesn't even include killers like Clockw0rk, Viscant and Fanatiq who aren't even in the seeds but are solid players.

Akuma is good and the projectile nullification of his tatsu assist would help him a lot. As a complete new guy it all depends on how good he is with Wesker teleports. The guy is incredible, but if he cant do it or combo out of gunshots yet then he may need to swap Akuma in for wesker until he's ready.

What might work better where he is new if he DOES swap out anyone is to pop in Storm for them instead of Akuma and run her on point with hurricane as assist if she swaps out. She can just spam jam session and toss typhoons across the screen to build chip and mad meter and get pretty far by simplybeing annoying. Plus if he lands a magic series he can go straight into quarter circle back 2*attack buttons for Icestorm for a quick 400+ thousand. Hell if he DHC's after that he can keep it going into any of the 3 he has now and kill off a character.

Just thinking that if he's new a character who can push them off and run a solid keep away with his Dante might get him pretty far till he improves some. Plus her chip is insanely high.

New guys tend to get punished if they try to come at people hot and heavy before they understand how they are being punished. I tried a wolverine/taskmaster/sent rushdown team at first and got eaten alive until I learned how to play some defense. Its how I found Ryu for my current team and trained my Sentinel to play keep away since solid blocking or air throws for them= a kill.

smurfx

get some go again
just had a really good session of marvel. i started out kinda slow thanks to the layoff i've had but i soon got back my swag! i was 30 games away from being 400 games over .500 and i thought there was no way i could get there today but i just kept on winning and i got there just now. also clockw0rk accepted my friend request! i'll be sure to challenge him.

Crocodile

God's Beard said:
So if anyone has any questions for Seth, tell me today or early tomorrow. So far it's basically all my own stuff.

If you would be so kind, please inquire as to what prompted the change in presentation style as seen in the character select screen, the versus screen and the victory screen.

These were all well done in MvC3 and while I can understand that the increased number of characters would necessitate changes to the character select, it and the aforementioned screens have all taken dives in quality. The versus screen now uses near uniformly poor art instead of the character models and the victory screen, which used to be a partial freeze-frame of a character doing a pose or scene exit which made for an awesome transitional effect has changed to a random jump to more TERRIBLE, non-sequiter character art. They got them so right in the original, it's shocking to me to see them get it so wrong in the sequel.

Thanks and GL at EVO!

smurfx said:
just had a really good session of marvel. i started out kinda slow thanks to the layoff i've had but i soon got back my swag! i was 30 games away from being 400 games over .500 and i thought there was no way i could get there today but i just kept on winning and i got there just now. also clockw0rk accepted my friend request! i'll be sure to challenge him.
Holy shit you lucky bastard.

smurfx

get some go again
alright wednesday night fights will be happening. hopefully some of the bigger west coast people show up so i can play some of them in casuals. i'll be entering the tournament and hoping to at least beat one person but i don't care if i get blown which i most likely will. i want to play fanatiq too. only thing that worries me is that i've never played marvel with somebody in real life. its all been online so i'm not sure how it will go for me. it can't be too bad since i play at my best when there is very little lag but then again most people won't drop their combos either.

You feel my pain. I'm moved Karsticles. It aint easy being someone who wants to play a large mustached prowrestler in dat Marvel. Its likely the grappler role is gonna be consumed by Nemesis at this rate.

I mean he's gonna be a huge guy with a bazooka! Who will choose Haggar with those nerfs if theres a grappler coming in with a projectile weapon? Assuming he is a grappler of course...
Don't get me wrong, I want Double Lariat to be nerfed like it was. I just want him to be a better point character so that nerf is justifiable. I'm not a fan of "assist tier" characters, especially when we have monsters like Dante, Magneto, and Wesker in the game.

make sure you don't wander into here or the evo thread
I don't mind spoilers. :)

this thread is so much better than the umvc3 one, all they do is bitch
I suppose you want a monopoly on the bitching?

gods_beard on PSN someone play me :-(
Add me on PSN; Karsticles. I can't guarantee matches in the near future due to life being so hectic right now.

And even more scared with Firebrand.
Seth also plays Dormammu - puts a smile on my face that the man has such good taste.

hey gods beard i just thought of another question you can ask seth. ask him if there has been any tweaks to the camera in the game. right now the camera is pretty shitty and puts you at a disadvantage a lot of the time. i really hope they fixed the camera in umvc3.
Yeah, lobby for the camera to zoom out Arcana Hearts 3 style. From Zero's glitch videos, we already know the engine is capable of displaying the battle at full-screen.

Anyone see the new Cabeza de Fuego shirt for Dormammu (Courtesy of Yipes) from Broken Tier? Pretty cool.
Cute.

def sim

oh they finally made a version of the curly mustache magneto shirt without the text too

hooray, a new nondescript videogame shirt to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom