• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Ultimoo said:
"spider is 9-1 matchup"
"x-factor activated"
"dark mantis rising"
"we just got ourselves a real match"
"there is no loser brackets in a fight to to the death"
"need more brains"
The beetle fight was the most ridiculous. I genuinely felt sorry for the loser.

Honestly, I hope they nerf all the one button wonder characters. With that said, I want them to make their other attacks have proper uses outside of combos.
You want them to nerf Taskmaster?

Looking forward to the full version of this Skrull guide. Some really cool stuff in there.
Ooo neat. I'll probably drop him in Ultimate though.

I wish they would change the input on Rolling Punch. f,f,f,H is a very irritating input.

Dormammu's standing H flicking away Wesker's bullet was as badass as you can get. Didn't even know you could do that.
All of Dormammu's non-light normals destroy projectiles. It's amusing when people try to rush me while backed by a projectile, because I just punch through it and get a free combo. You have to yomi Wesker's bullet because it's ridiculously fast, though. Bullet characters in general are tough on Dormammu.

EDIT: I don't know if you've left already God's Beard, but can you ask if there are any plans for a new strategy guide?
Yes please!

What are some good teammates for Storm? I played her a bit today and I think I can use her.
Sentinel.

Storm/Magneto/Sentinel is the God tier team of mvc2 and always has had and still have great synergy.
This team as actually not very strong in Marvel 2.

mr. puppy

Banned
God's Beard said:
Ok, I'm organizing all my Skill questions right now. Basically I broke them down by game or in general questions. All of them are either edited to flow better or if they were similar to my questions, I blended them together. I have about 25 questions that I think are pretty solid.

There were a couple that I was on the edge of adding, but they were a little too intense so I decided against it.

"Other than the website leak, previously there was a leaker named Lupinko infamous for dropping massive amounts of game data way in advance of a game's release. However, this time he was unusually vague, consistently baiting several forums while barely giving away anything, as well as being uncharacteristically close to the official announcement of UMVC3. This sort of hype strategy seems like the sort of easy, low cost strategy that a community manager would come up with. How does Capcom plan to effectively use viral marketing to promote its games?"

"With MVC3 being moved up within the fiscal year and at the time expectations for Dead Rising 2's mixed financial success in the wake of Lost Planet 2, how do you avoid the perception that Ultimate Marvel 3 is the second half to an unfinished game?"

I did include one question of this level that I think you guys will like, though.

please don't ask him about lupinko. that guy is an attention whore to the extreme and those kinds of questions will just make it worse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
That should be the bonus item for those who bought MvC3. A kickass bonus item.
Yes! YES!

In case you missed it last page GB, ASK ABOUT A NEW STRATEGY GUIDE.

And good luck with the interview and competing at Evo.

Man, I really hope there is some sort of nice bonus item. Definitely the perfect way to get on everyone's good side again.
enzo_gt said:
Yes! YES!

In case you missed it last page GB, ASK ABOUT A NEW STRATEGY GUIDE.

And good luck with the interview and competing at Evo.
In a perfect world Capcom would make this work and give MvC3 purchasers a spectator mode patch. All would be right with the world and CapGOD would return.

LakeEarth

shaowebb said:
As far as I can see Sentinel is Still a viable anchor for Storm and drones+ all those whirlwinds can still be quite frustrating to get around plus it builds a ton of meter. Best thing about Storm on point is that when you finish a combo you can Ice storm them on the ground to lift them back up and then DHC to whoever is next for easily over 700k+ for nearly anyone.
I'm not the biggest Sentinel fan, but his DHC glitch is so effortless that I know that's the right character to choose. My third will probably be Haggar cause he goes so well with Sentinel too (and I'm actually good with him).

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Have I missed any big Marvel-related news in the past 3 days or so? I haven't had regular internet access since the weekend.

Sixfortyfive said:
Have I missed any big Marvel-related news in the past 3 days or so? I haven't had regular internet access since the weekend.
Nope. They're supposed to show the game at Evo though, so expect more reports then (unless of course, you're going yourself - in that case, enjoy!)

LakeEarth

You should watch the MarlinPie vs Evil Rahassan match in this week's Break (http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun) for new anti-Pheonix technology with C. Viper and Ammy:

Step 1: Activate dark pheonix with C.Viper
Step 2: Immediately do team hyper during transformation animation
Step 3: X-Factor, which cancels Viper's hyper but Ammy's element hyper keeps going for 3-4 more seconds
Step 4a: If she blocks the team hyper, C. Viper can do the unblockable focus attack move before Ammy's hyper is finished and kill Dark Pheonix
Step 4b: If she doesn't block, finish the combo and kill Dark Pheonix. She can't teleport because the first hit of Ammy's hyper is fullscreen, she can't x-factor cause she's in the air, and she just transformed so she doesn't have any meter. Guarenteed kill.

If you don't have C.Viper, don't fret. You might not get an unblockable, but with another character (like in the link above, Magneto), you get a mix-up against Dark Pheonix while ice and lighting are filling the screen, obscuring what the mix-up is.

Dahbomb

Sucks for him that his anti-Phoenix THC technology will not work in UMVC3.

But he might not need to if Phoenix is further nerfed. Those 3 characters that MarlinPie has might end up being the new top 5.

DLC modes like "infinite hyper meter". That's it.

I second watching that video.

Sucks for him that his anti-Phoenix THC technology will not work in UMVC3.
Why not? X-Factor won't save you from unblockables or mix-ups, just chip damage.

God's Beard said:
Killa Sasa I'll be there in a few hours, you got a setup?

Unfortunately I don't. My friends have an SF setup but they left their copy of Marvel at home. I'm pretty sure a Marvel setup won't be coming till I'm at the Rio tomorrow, and even then it won't be mine, probably gonna hawk one out :p

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Seems pretty worthless to me.
You have to ask the release strategy on this and the pricing on it. Then you have to ask what other modes are being held back from the retail copy for DLC as more were hinted at. Like Karsts said it sets a precedent, it's just a black gate waiting to be opened.

You just have to try to imply that if this shit isn't free, people are going to get pissed off. You also should make it clear to Capcom that MVC3 was a barebones product day 1 and a lot of people are expecting way more from UMVC3 to make up for this. And that includes lots of modes.

Killa Sasa said:
Unfortunately I don't. My friends have an SF setup but they left their copy of Marvel at home. I'm pretty sure a Marvel setup won't be coming till I'm at the Rio tomorrow, and even then it won't be mine, probably gonna hawk one out :p
I can bring a copy of Marvel.

Karsticles said:
It's worthless, but what if we get things that ARENT worthless? It sets a precedent. What if we get online training mode later and have to pay for it?
Then we man up or go home lol.
LakeEarth said:
Seriously. The option will make every fight a beam hyper DHC fest.
It is the kind of thing that would be fun in an online training mode with regenerating health and damage/input information. It is shit otherwise.

Then again, this is the same company that was selling CPU to people as DLC.

Then we man up or go home lol.
No problem with that, and I'd honestly probably buy it (-_-), but if we can prevent it, or at least mentally prepare ourselves for the BS, might as well right? Lupinko's list prepared me for no Megaman in MvC3. If it weren't for him, I would have been really upset come release.

LakeEarth

SolarPowered said:
It is the kind of thing that would be fun in an online training mode with regenerating health and damage/input information. It is shit otherwise.
I just realized that Zero would be ultimate top tier in that mode. Level 3 anything and everything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dear Anyone from MahvelGAF going to Evo:

Please confirm that IM still has his double jump, if Unibeam is indeed faster, and he has two air dashes, and see if he has a new move or anything else changed from vanilla MvC3.

Sincerely,
enzo_gt

Riposte

Haha Seth talking about it being impossible to beat GnG on one quarter, I can relate. That game is 100% bullshit. Props though, halfway is better than what I could do.

LakeEarth said:
I just realized that Zero would be ultimate top tier in that mode. Level 3 anything and everything.
Hey, as long as we get regen health I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
enzo_gt said:
Dear Anyone from MahvelGAF going to Evo:

Please confirm that IM still has his double jump, if Unibeam is indeed faster, and he has two air dashes, and see if he has a new move or anything else changed from vanilla MvC3.

Sincerely,
enzo_gt
Also, please try out Hsien-Ko just to get a feel. Maybe even check her Henkyo Ki input.

I'M LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU GOD'S BEARD, RIGHT INTO YOUR VERY SOUL.

Please and thank you!
God's Beard said:
Man I'm so psyched. I brought my clipboard and printed out my questions, I'm gonna take notes on all the games too ^_^
You sound like a kid ready to take their first field trip.

How CUTE!

Hahah, want a list of things to test on UMvC3 from us too, God's Beard? I'm sure we could give you plenty to do at Evo - lol!

I'm very jealous, I wish I were going instead of house hunting this weekend. :-(

shaowebb

God's Beard I want you to test S inputs on Haggar for new moves and to test his dash. If at all possible attempt his violent ax or hoodlum launcher versus a projectile to see if he got any super armor.

I need to know if he has new moves or has been buffed on his old ones.

Remember to do as Solarpowered said too and check Hsien Ko inputs. A lot of stuff is mapped to S now for new moves and an S anki Hou or something would be great. Also Hsien Ko's dash teleport may have changed. Try it and input shit during the fade out to see if the move comes out on the other end faster.

Remember that winning a match is secondary to finding new changes in the game on the UMVC3 build. Save your A game for the vanilla tourney and go into detective mode for Ultimate.

This is VITAL.

God's Beard I want you to test S inputs on Haggar for new moves and to test his dash. If at all possible attempt his violent ax or hoodlum launcher versus a projectile to see if he got any super armor.
In general, it seems like testing the four basic S inputs for new moves is a good idea: DP, RDP, QCF, QCB.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GB will you be taking video of UMvC3 gameplay as well or no?

If so, get some snaps of some new alt colours!

EDIT: Okay real question to GB, Intellihealth caught this in the UMvC3 thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8xmmrGk3UM

In this video, Ghost Rider builds ~0.5 meter at the end of Penance Stare. I wonder if you could ask Seth the reasoning behind this choice.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
enzo_gt said:
GB will you be taking video of UMvC3 gameplay as well or no?

If so, get some snaps of some new alt colours!

EDIT: Okay real question to GB, Intellihealth caught this in the UMvC3 thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8xmmrGk3UM

In this video, Ghost Rider builds ~0.5 meter at the end of Penance Stare. I wonder if you could ask Seth the reasoning behind this choice.

It looked like he already had it before he used Penance Stare. I might be seeing it wrong though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oldschoolgamer said:
It looked like he already had it before he used Penance Stare. I might be seeing it wrong though.
Nope, look again. Throughout Penance stare he has a tiny bit, but as the animation ends he suddenly gains just under half a bar of meter. May be an issue with the Level 3's cutoff, when it allows you to gain meter for damage again.

Dahbomb

That Ghost Rider meter gain after the LVL3 hyper is really weird. Almost like a glitch or something. Would be better if he just stole half a meter at the end of the Stare.

Man, I was reading this news story on EH, about a mode with unlimited Hyper bar as DLC.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/26/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-will-offer-new-modes-dlc/

Seems so lame for it to be DLC (if true, and it is not lost in translation).

My cool feature add would be a "special VS Mode", where you could play with all the options. How many characters per team, xfactor on/off, basically all the stuff that is going on in the event challenges.

Hell, I would buy that whole "package" as DLC. But not piece by piece.

smurfx

get some go again
gods beard you gonna ask any of my questions? please ask about an online tournament mode and them fixing some of the problems with the camera.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He should ask about what capcom is gonna do about the slump arthur is in being screwed by being the only character with pure shit movement and how his entire keep away game is mostly countered by super jumping or a teleport character

Neki

God's Beard said:
I always thought that the camera thing was intentional.
just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's not crappy though. I also wish that when it zoomed out when you hit the sides, there wasn't two versions of full screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom