• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabae

Banned
Ultimoo said:
just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's not crappy though. I also wish that when it zoomed out when you hit the sides, there wasn't two versions of full screen.

YES GOD THANK YOU.

I've mentioned this twice before, but it went ignored, so I thought I was the only one that had a problem with it.

Why Capcom didn't go the Smash route for the camera is beyond me. Why the hell would I NOT want a view of all characters in play at all times? Both playable characters at least.

Would make the gameplay look much more dynamic, too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kimosabae said:
YES GOD THANK YOU.

I've mentioned this twice before, but it went ignored, so I thought I was the only one that had a problem with it.

Why Capcom didn't go the Smash route for the camera is beyond me. Why the hell would I NOT want a view of all characters in play at all times? Both playable characters at least.

Because then your camera would be changing radically nearly every 3 seconds to accommodate the different kinds of assists at all times, it'd be constantly changing making the game screen look like a blob of jello in constant motion.

If you want motion sickness sure, but keep that stupid ass shit far away from my Marvel.

Neki

just watched Focus starring Mike "The Boss" Ross and it was good. Made me like Mike Ross even more, which I didn't think was possible.

enzo_gt said:
Because then your camera would be changing radically nearly every 3 seconds to accommodate the different kinds of assists at all times, it'd be constantly changing making the game screen look like a blob of jello in constant motion.

If you want motion sickness sure, but keep that stupid ass shit far away from my Marvel.
Just put the focus on both characters, if one characters leaves the screen, zoom out. Doesn't seem that bad? Ignore assists. My other problem is still that there are two versions of full screen, what's up with that.

shaowebb

Most ridiculous match moment ever just happened screwing around with friends.

Both of us got 3 bars popped x-factor and attempted to team hyper. The results?

The most slow motion moment in MVC3 history.

Storm/Morrigan/Deadpool vs Sentinel/Dante/Wesker

You guys gotta try this shit with characters. Its hilarious.

smurfx

get some go again
just got back from wednesday night fights. pretty fun experience. i did ok in the tournament i guess. won my first two matches and lost my last two. :( saw fanatiq there but didn't get to play him in casuals. one thing i do have to say is that people who claim playing online does not compare at all with live versus matches is exaggerating. i couldn't see that much of a difference. maybe i have a real good connection or whatever but i had no problems. this was the first time i played with people too. good thing i went today since this was the last one for a while. hopefully when it comes back its at the same venue.

Neki

smurfx said:
just got back from wednesday night fights. pretty fun experience. i did ok in the tournament i guess. won my first two matches and lost my last two. :( saw fanatiq there but didn't get to play him in casuals. one thing i do have to say is that people who claim playing online does not compare at all with live versus matches is exaggerating. i couldn't see that much of a difference. maybe i have a real good connection or whatever but i had no problems. this was the first time i played with people too. good thing i went today since this was the last one for a while. hopefully when it comes back its at the same venue.

I think it's easier to go to online -> offline than the other way around. Look at all the online warriors like Viscant, MastaCJ, Wolfkrone. Though not sure if Viscant really counts, I just know he has a lot of played matches online. :p

Does anyone even really say that anymore? That was obviously true back when your only options for online play were Kaillera and the Xbox version of Street Fighter Anniversary, but it's obviously no longer accurate.

smurfx

get some go again
Teknopathetic said:
Does anyone even really say that anymore? That was obviously true back when your only options for online play were Kaillera and the Xbox version of Street Fighter Anniversary, but it's obviously no longer accurate.
i asked nerd josh if he played online and he was almost offended. i told him its not that different and he called me an idiot. :\ there are players who refuse to play online.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Teknopathetic said:
Ahhh the memories are flooding in my head :D

Neki

smurfx said:
i asked nerd josh if he played online and he was almost offended. i told him its not that different and he called me an idiot. :\ there are players who refuse to play online.
dude it's nerdjosh

nerdjosh

smurfx said:
He called you an idiot because you asked him a question?

YES GOD THANK YOU.

Holy crap I thought I was the only one!

The Smash Bros/Arcana Hearts route is best. Obviously the game can do it, too, because the Zero glitch videos show the camera can pan out to full-screen.

I don't mind not seeing assists, I just hate losing sight of either point character.

Storm/Morrigan/Deadpool vs Sentinel/Dante/Wesker

You guys gotta try this shit with characters. Its hilarious.
Which team won? Hard to tell with Storm and Sentinel there.

I think it's easier to go to online -> offline than the other way around. Look at all the online warriors like Viscant, MastaCJ, Wolfkrone. Though not sure if Viscant really counts, I just know he has a lot of played matches online. :p
Very much so.

Check out SRK's netcode thread for your answer sir.

Hahaha, that's awesome. No offense.

mr. puppy

Banned
smurfx said:

oh who ended up winning it?

XeroSauce

enzo_gt said:

Teleports would leave the screen at it's normal size, and super jumps would just cause zooming out like when you move your character backwards.

You don't have to have assists in the camera 24/7, they aren't the important ones.

Kimosabae

Banned
One of the most annoying things about practicing Fierce loop variations with Magneto is having to get the timing right for any j. Fierce you're forced to execute off camera.

Also, having to assume the intentions of my opponent whenever I Super Jump, or not being exactly sure where my character is in relation to my opponent when they Super Jump is so irritating. Half the time, I'm just compelled to SJ also, just to see my character.

As much as I like this game, there's so many anachronistic "duh" design decisions that hold it back.

Maybe they just felt they had to play it safe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XeroSauce said:
Teleports would leave the screen at it's normal size, and super jumps would just cause zooming out like when you move your character backwards.

You don't have to have assists in the camera 24/7, they aren't the important ones.
That would make more sense, but I'm still not completely sure about it considering how fast Marvel is and the rapid acceleration up and down from super jumps. There would still be a lot of screen size changes very fast. Super jumps intentionally put yourself in a vulnerable state coming back down with the tradeoff of being able to immediately escape whatever situation your currently in. I don't see it as a massive issue and I believe they were asked about the camera before MvC3's release and they explained their rationale for this choice by design, but I'm not willing to go dig that up.

On top of that, the distance Super jumps vault you upwards would make it really awkward to look at, since you'd still be confined to the maximum distance of "full screen" or however close you are to the opposing character, but to make up for the scaling the screen is doing vertically, it would also have to render a ton of empty space on the plane horizontally. The stages appear full of stuff beyond the two corners of the screen for you to look at, but I'm not sure if the engine is prepared to render that much at once.

USD

Haha, this is totally random, but I could never make out what Spencer said when he activates X-Factor, so I just went with "Go for the legs!" Just looked it up and apparently it's "Adrenaline!"

I like my version better.

Dahbomb

Don't mind NerdJosh. He's probably stressed out for being EC captain and he knows he is going to get EXPOSED.

OH SNAP!!!

This is probably super lame but did anyone happen to compile the list of hints given out by Lupinko and relate it to the character revealed?

Only 6 more hours until I head to Evo. If the lines aren't too ridiculous I'll test a few things on UMVC3. My main team is still Tron/Sentinel/Phoenix so that's what I'm most familiar with. Any Tron specific you want checked out Ultimoo and other Tron lovers?

So far I have the following.

-Properties of Tron's new j.H. Most notably if you can constantly hit confirm Drill on hit and if it pushes away during an air combo.
-Ground drill recovery. All versions of ground drill were -1 before so if they have better recovery now then they should have positive frames. This would be nice.
-Sentinel drones to extend Tron combos after OTG. The faster speed makes this sound iffy.

shaowebb

Karsticles said:
Which team won? Hard to tell with Storm and Sentinel there.

Sentinel's team because it had a Wesker going crazy.

I gotta try what the other guy said and get two morrigans out there with clones and then try for this in the lab.

Sentinel's team because it had a Wesker going crazy.
Wesker won the team's exchange? I don't want the result of the match, just the two THCs. If that's what you meant, I apologize for the miscommunication, I'm just in disbelief.

mr. puppy said:
That low res livestream from Comic Con did not do the character select screen any justice. It looks a lot better here.

Thanks for the video
QisTopTier said:
He should ask about what capcom is gonna do about the slump arthur is in being screwed by being the only character with pure shit movement and how his entire keep away game is mostly countered by super jumping or a teleport character
I asked him a question like this one a few days ago. Hopefully it'll show up for the Q&A.

GB, if you're reading this, sorry I missed ya yesterday. I'm moving into rio today though so it should be a lot easier to coordinate hahaha.

smurfx

get some go again
btw am i the only one that lost a little hype in seeing the new team technology at evo? since a lot of characters will end up being nerfed a lot of that might not translate to umvc. that was one of the reasons why i was so excited for evo. i wanted to see if there would be new best friends and what we had not thought of yet. oh well i'm still really hyped.

smurfx said:
btw am i the only one that lost a little hype in seeing the new team technology at evo? since a lot of characters will end up being nerfed a lot of that might not translate to umvc. that was one of the reasons why i was so excited for evo. i wanted to see if there would be new best friends and what we had not thought of yet. oh well i'm still really hyped.
alas, the downside of biyearly revisions.

Nah, because UMvC3 isn't done yet. Nerfs can be undone. Plus, any new BFFs would probably involve characters that aren't getting nerfed.

Nyoro SF

smurfx said:

Niitsuma will be there watching, and the TvC production team (that made MvC3) has always been extremely appreciative of team synergy.

Probably not the level of team synergy that is broken though.

LakeEarth

smurfx said:
I'm more excited to see new Vanilla MvC3 technology. The game isn't even old, and Marlin Pie proved on Tuesday that there is a lot more to be discovered, and probably some new stuff that is going to show up this weekend!

LakeEarth said:
I'm more excited to see new Vanilla MvC3 technology. The game isn't even old, and Marlin Pie proved on Tuesday that there is a lot more to be discovered, and probably some new stuff that is going to show up this weekend!
What did Marlin Pie do on Tuesday?

LakeEarth

Check my post last page, #18617. Basically a new Dark Pheonix transformation sure-fire kill with a C.Viper/Ammy. Team hyper trapping DP in blockstun, x-factor cancel into Viper's unblockable focus attack while Ammy's element hyper is still going.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mr. puppy said:
i never understood why that guy used ammy as an anchor
MarlinPie's Ammy is pretty damn good, I think he just prefers using Ammy over more suitable anchor characters. His team is 3 primarily point characters anyways, he's just organized them from most-assist-dependent to least: Viper, Magneto, Ammy. Although it's unconventional, I don't really have a problem with his team, just, as mentioned before, he needs to learn how to block.

USD

enzo_gt said:
Is supposed to be today according to USD in the Evo thread, although theres no details or anything else besides his word I can find.
I got the info from SRK:
Live Marvel vs. Capcom 3 East Coast vs. West Coast Draft!

This year rivals from the east coast and west coast will square off for bragging rights in our 5 on 5 Marvel vs Capcom 3 exhibition. Thurday July 28th, IPW will host the live draft, where west coast team captain Justin Wong and east coast captain Nerd Josh will announce their picks for the east and west teams.
This was from two weeks ago, I'm not entirely sure whether there have been any changes or updates.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
USD said:
I got the info from SRK:

This was from two weeks ago, I'm not entirely sure whether there have been any changes or updates.
Thanks. If IPW is hosting it, I'm gonna keep an eye on their stream.

BTW, USD do you know if the panels will be streamed? I asked in the thread a few times and got no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom