• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

I tried to punish Skrull's inferno hyper with Wesker's level 3 (at a max range, while it was hitting my assist), and the animation played but I wasn't hitting him. He couldn't punish me though as I was invulnerable through the whole animation.

I've been online for 10 minutes with no player match, so I switched to ranked for 5 minutes and nothing. There are some player match rooms to join but they're all more than 2 people. I don't like waiting turns when you can't watch anything.

EDIT - k quickmatch seems to be finding me a few games

USD

enzo_gt said:
BTW, USD do you know if the panels will be streamed? I asked in the thread a few times and got no answer.
Not sure, but I'm guessing probably not. I'm sure some of them will be recorded though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LakeEarth said:
I tried to punish Skrull's inferno hyper with Wesker's level 3 (at a max range, while it was hitting my assist), and the animation played but I wasn't hitting him. He couldn't punish me though as I was invulnerable through the whole animation.

I've been online for 10 minutes with no player match, so I switched to ranked for 5 minutes and nothing. There are some player match rooms to join but they're all more than 2 people. I don't like waiting turns when you can't watch anything.

EDIT - k quickmatch seems to be finding me a few games
Are you sure Inferno didn't lift Skrull far too up to be in the hitbox for Wesker's level 3, and that's why it didn't hit? Or did it hit and just not do any damage?

@USD thanks for the answer man.

Razor210

Just announced on the evo stream.

EC: NerdJosh, MarlinPie, Chris G, MastaCJ, PR Rog
WC: Justin Wong, FloE, Viscant, Combofiend, Filipino Champ (I think I got these right, I tuned in halfway)

shaowebb

Razor210 said:

WC: Justin Wong, FloE, Viscant, Combofiend, Filipino Champ (I think I got these right, I tuned in halfway)

Holy Shit at team West Coast! Filipino and Viscant probably got two of the sickest phoenix teams on deck and Combofiend FloE and JW are mad slick with any characters. Plus Combofiend has some unique tricks no one else does with that Spencer tech.

I love Marlinpie, but he's dead against those guys, and the rest (as good as they are) are likely gonna get blowed up against these guys too from what I've seen. I'm predicting East Coast is gonna be crutching hard on Chris G.

smurfx

get some go again
lol west coast ftmfw. chris g better be ready to carry most of the load there. i like masta cj but i want best coast to win this.

Razor210

shaowebb said:
Holy Shit at team West Coast! Filipino and Viscant probably got two of the sickest phoenix teams on deck and Combofiend FloE and JW are mad slick with any characters. Plus Combofiend has some unique tricks no one else does with that Spencer tech.

I love Marlinpie, but he's dead against those guys, and the rest (as good as they are) are likely gonna get blowed up against these guys too from what I've seen. I'm predicting East Coast is gonna be crutching hard on Chris G.
I have hope for EC - in terms of playing styles, they're all pretty different - and if Marlinpie blocks, and gets some snap ins...unblockable setups much?

I think EC has a greater variety of playing styles than WC - and that's probably their major advantage.

Razor210 said:
I have hope for EC - in terms of playing styles, they're all pretty different - and if Marlinpie blocks, and gets some snap ins...unblockable setups much?

I think EC has a greater variety of playing styles than WC - and that's probably their major advantage.
not gonna be enough

smurfx

get some go again
if justin wong goes first then i wouldn't be surprised to see him 5-0 the east coast. i think he is going to beast at this evo.

shaowebb

Out of these guys I hope to see Marlinpie vs Combofiend happen the most.

Two very unique teams and two very technical players. It'd be one of the most unique and memorable matches I could think of if Spencer doesn't big boy damage Marlinpie out early.

LakeEarth

enzo_gt said:
Are you sure Inferno didn't lift Skrull far too up to be in the hitbox for Wesker's level 3, and that's why it didn't hit? Or did it hit and just not do any damage
I'm not sure. All I can say is that the rocket came out but it didn't do any damage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
Hey Enzo, I've been meaning to ask how that Ironman/Ryu/Taskmaster team has been working out for you.

Any good tech?
Between tests and exams coming up, haven't had much time to experiment. Was just testing some BnBs and some DHC harmony, but I don't think I'll come up with anything mindblowing with my level of play :p

Razor210 said:

Cot damn..

Well this is stacked to say the least.

GO EAST COAST!

Neki

mr. puppy said:
magneto is more assist dependent than ammy?
Magneto is more dangerous with assists. I'm more scared of a Magneto with drones/haggar backing him up than Ammy. Ammy can't do the high-low mix-up like Magneto can with Drones, and she also has a much harder time hit-confirming a haggar assist.

smurfx

get some go again
Oldschoolgamer said:
Beast Coast fo lyfe.

West Coast is stacked, but none of the East Coast players are slouches. I hope Masta CJ blows it up.
i hope masta cj does well at the tournament but i don't want him styling on best coast.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I learned how to make GIFs today and in Evo hype and all I made these. Be gentle, GAF.

icoFwo.gif

ie0ZvW.gif

aaaaaaaand

ickQNU.gif

The last one originally came out a 35mb GIF, had to optimize the fuck out of it. GIF making is serious business.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
Nice. What program are you using for your gifs Enzo?
avidemux and Jasc Animation Shop. There was a tutorial thread posted in OT a few days ago. Can't link to it cause I'm on mobile but search "GIF NeoTutorial and you'll find it. It's pretty simple and easy!

HYPE

Dahbomb

I am not going to lie, EC team is pretty hype in terms of variety. NerdJosh picked his team well enough because there is very good variety in the team and lots of different playstyles to worry about from the opposition. WC is packed with Wolverine and Phoenix teams so it's going to be an uphill battle for EC.

Characters on display:

EC: She Hulk, Taskmaster, Tron, Phoenix (if NerdJosh decides to go Phoenix), C Viper, Magneto, Amaterasu, Wesker, Ryu, Dormammu, Wolverine, Dante.

WC: Wolverine, Akuma, Storm, Phoenix, She Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer, Dormammu, Magneto, Wesker, Iron Man.

Possibly Tron, Amaterasu, Dante, Haggar, Trish if the players change their characters to an older team.

My hype for the EC vs WC showdown has gone up CONSIDERABLY!!!

Weird fact... there are no Sentinels on either team. LOL...

It's a much more even match than I thought it would be at first but I still expect WC to take it convincingly.

Dahbomb

USD said:
It's a round-robin, so it's going to be much more complicated than that. Everyone playing has to pull their weight.
OOooooh... that's interesting. That means we can surely expect a legendary Chris G vs Combofiend match.

_dementia said:
5-0 sweep
5-1 if ChrisG pulls it out.
Fixed dat for you. PRBalrog is a good MVC3 player, not top drawer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
OOooooh... that's interesting. That means we can surely expect a legendary Chris G vs Combofiend match.

Fixed dat for you. PRBalrog is a good MVC3 player, not top drawer.
Yeah if they put Combo first, he'll pull an OCV for WC. Edit: Derp Round Robin. Well if it was like that, Combo would've murked it out.

But EC is the more hype team so I'm rooting for them. And cause Kyohei is on the team.

Yeah, I don't see how the East coast might pull it off. They could take it, but most of my streaming has been on the West coast side.

I've run across each of those names on WC and every single one of them on the West Coast has shown amazing skill. Even the weakest links among them very rarely drop combos and have some insane clutch factor.

Does anyone have any good archive footage of the East Coast? The only ones I've seen are Nerdjosh and ChrisG but that is it. I've only seen a couple of his matches too...
Dahbomb said:
Weird fact... there are no Sentinels on either team. LOL...
Now we know why Sent is crying in the new character select screen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
Yeah, I don't see how the East coast might pull it off. They could take it, but most of my streaming has been on the West coast side.

I've run across each of those names on WC and every single one of them on the West Coast has shown amazing skill. Even the weakest links among them very rarely drop combos and have some insane clutch factor.

Does anyone have any good archive footage of the East Coast? The only ones I've seen are Nerdjosh and ChrisG but that is it. I've only seen a couple of his matches too...

Now we know why Sent is crying in the new character select screen.
You don't watch The Break Weekly or any of the Guard Crushes?

MastaCJ and Kyohei are beasts outright, they're just not on Wong and Combo and Viscant's level. Those guys are frontrunners to take Evo and defend us from the invasion.

USD said:
It's a round-robin, so it's going to be much more complicated than that. Everyone playing has to pull their weight.
oh nice. Should be a really long set for some late-night stream monstering on the East Coast.

Dahbomb

Speaking of MastaCJ... did you guys see this shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfyJrMLmcag&feature=youtu.be&hd=1&t=2m22s <-- MastaCJ vs SmoothViper

Not gonna spoil anything... but you will get hyped for DAT DORM RAPE.

Wow lol you missed out on the MastaCJ and MarlinPie hype on Break Weekly.

There a bunch of MarlinPie vids out there but with MastaCJ you just need to see the "chair". And the video I posted.

These are the type of players who on a good day can wreck anyone out there. But they aren't as solid as JWong/Combofiend when it comes to fundamentals. Someone like MarlinPie has one of the worst defense out there among the top players (because he is almost entirely attack/style focused). These players are fan favorites because they win with style but they have yet to prove themselves in majors.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Speaking of MastaCJ... did you guys see this shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfyJrMLmcag&feature=youtu.be&hd=1&t=2m22s <-- MastaCJ vs SmoothViper

Not gonna spoil anything... but you will get hyped for DAT DORM RAPE.

Wow lol you missed out on the MastaCJ and MarlinPie hype on Break Weekly.

There a bunch of MarlinPie vids out there but with MastaCJ you just need to see the "chair". And the video I posted.

These are the type of players who on a good day can wreck anyone out there. But they aren't as solid as JWong/Combofiend when it comes to fundamentals. Someone like MarlinPie has one of the worst defense out there among the top players (because he is almost entirely attack/style focused). These players are fan favorites because they win with style but they have yet to prove themselves in majors.
TWO PERFECTS IN A ROW COT DAMN MASTA FUCKING CJ.

USD said:
Haha, this is totally random, but I could never make out what Spencer said when he activates X-Factor, so I just went with "Go for the legs!" Just looked it up and apparently it's "Adrenaline!"

I like my version better.

In Bionic Commando (2009), his special attacks were called "Adrenaline Moves", so yeah, they were pretty faithful with him in MvC3.

Anth0ny

enzo_gt said:
So I learned how to make GIFs today and in Evo hype and all I made these. Be gentle, GAF.

icoFwo.gif

ie0ZvW.gif

aaaaaaaand

ickQNU.gif

The last one originally came out a 35mb GIF, had to optimize the fuck out of it. GIF making is serious business.

I just watched Xmen 3 a few months ago and was waiting for .gifs of those scenes. Thank you :lol

Hi Marvel GAF.

I hadn't entered the topic before because I haven't really played since AE came out, but with the UMvC3 hype and since I may or may not be entering a tourney or two these days I want to start playing again.

Before I got distracted by AE my team was Zero/Hsien-ko/Ammy, but outside her assist Hsien-ko just wasn't doing it anymore and I just wasn't that good with her on point =/ So, any suggestions on who should I use instead of Hsien-ko? Zero and Ammy are staying no matter what, so it'd be good if it was someone that went well with them.

SolarKnight said:
Hi Marvel GAF.

I hadn't entered the topic before because I haven't really played since AE came out, but with the UMvC3 hype and since I may or may not be entering a tourney or two these days I want to start playing again.

Before I got distracted by AE my team was Zero/Hsien-ko/Ammy, but outside her assist Hsien-ko just wasn't doing it anymore and I just wasn't that good with her on point =/ So, any suggestions on who should I use instead of Hsien-ko? Zero and Ammy are staying no matter what, so it'd be good if it was someone that went well with them.
phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom