• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karsticles, I know you hate Haggar assist, but Viscant didn't win JUST because of that.
And let's not pretend like I said that Viscant won solely because of Haggar assist. Viscant is a great player; at no point have I said anything negative about him or his playstyle.

kirblar

Parallax Scroll said:
I know the assist is godlike, but I'm still kind of amazed that Haggar was on the Evo-winning team.
Haggar and Iron Man were both used in that spot, depending on the opponent's team composition. (Haggar was there for Wolverine and other such rushdown teams.)

Aren't Haggar and Tron both about mid to mid-upper tier because of the assist? I know that the assists are getting nerfed, but their gameplay is being nerfed too. This will definitely put them on low tier. I completely understand that they are "assist" characters but these changes are not making them any better.

edit: let's not forget about Doom. He has 3 GDLK assists yet no one talks about him because he's not just an "assist" character. He's a viable character. Ironman is almost there too and his unibeam is getting buffed.

Aren't Haggar and Tron both about mid to mid-upper tier because of the assist? I know that the assists are getting nerfed, but their gameplay is being nerfed too. This will definitely put them on low tier. I completely understand that they are "assist" characters but these changes are not making them any better.
They're both solid point characters, but people don't like to play them on point because they like the assists so much. So they always end up anchoring, and they're not good anchors, and thus people conclude they are bad characters on point.

Anyway, they're not done implementing all of the characters' new moves. I wouldn't panic until we see more of what they are doing.

edit: let's not forget about Doom. He has 3 GDLK assists yet no one talks about him because he's not just an "assist" character. He's a viable character. Ironman is almost there too and his unibeam is getting buffed.
His assists are good, but not godlike. Part of the problem is that EM Disruptor > Plasma Beam because it only hits once, and therefore doesn't cause huge damage scaling. And Magneto > Doom as a point character as well. So, if you want Plasma Beam, a lot of people will just go with Magneto instead.

Then there's Molecular Shield, which no one uses, even though it's pretty good. Its problem is that it can cause a lot of combo interruptions based on how inconsistently the rocks hit, and it travels slowly so you're not going to get the kind of immediate pressure a beam does, and you also won't get the sustained pressure setups Sentinel Force offers. Generally, it's a way to get you in, and you know what's a lot better at getting you in? Akuma's Tatsu assist.

Finally, there's Hidden Missiles, which is godlike on paper, but in practice it interrupts your own combos a good portion of the time, and it's even less safe than Sentinel Force because the missiles take a while to affect the battlefield. When most people call assists, they need the effect immediately, not 5 seconds in the future. So, it's not a bad assist, but it's risky and difficult to make good use of. It's really meant for enhancing a keepaway game more than anything, but keepaway blows in this game.

So, in summary:
2/3 of Dr. Doom's assists are outdone by other assists belonging to superior point characters, and the third one is really difficult to make use of in this metagame.

Dahbomb

Prototype-03 said:
Pretty much 100% true. They were assist characters before and now their assist capabilities have been nerfed meaning they aren't god tier assists anymore. Which basically puts other assists at the forefront because they are attached to better characters and the only true invincible assist is attached to Hsien Ko now. Haggar and Tron are going to be Low tier in UMVC3 unless their point games are drastically improved.

Tron was/is better than Haggar on point and is sort of viable with assists backing her up. But you would rather save those assists for a better point character.

Karsticles said:
And let's not pretend like I said that Viscant won solely because of Haggar assist. Viscant is a great player; at no point have I said anything negative about him or his playstyle.

I just interpreted it that way because you said "Viscant won because of Double Lariat" in your post on the last page. If you didn't mean it that way, I apologize.

I just typed what I said in general to everybody, because Viscant was using Haggar and Iron Man in the 2nd slot through the whole tourny. Haggar is prominent to everybody because he is a counter to rushdown Wolvie, which was there alot of in top 8.

He used Iron Man alot in the tourny as well.

It is also interesting and fun to breakdown the match with PR Rog.

imo, PR Rog was so anxious to get in and snap PHX in. Viscant was just letting him run into Haggar to take advantage of his over aggression.

Maybe if he did like Wong tried to do one match, where he tried to away before PHX actually came out, and go that route.

IDK, I feel Rog maybe had a beat on him, but his focus on PHX was messing with his mind (which what PHX does to a match naturally).

Noel Brown running through everybody with the BFF's was interesting as well.

I just interpreted it that way because you said "Viscant won because of Double Lariat" in your post on the last page. If you didn't mean it that way, I apologize.
In that context, I was attempting to convey that Double Lariat was the real power behind his team, and not Phoenix. Nothing more.

Maybe next time.
Certainly at some point. My life is very chaotic right now outside of work because I'm in the process of moving from Michigan to Chicago, so I won't be playing very much.

Karsticles said:
They're both solid point characters, but people don't like to play them on point because they like the assists so much. So they always end up anchoring, and they're not good anchors, and thus people conclude they are bad characters on point.

Anyway, they're not done implementing all of the characters' new moves. I wouldn't panic until we see more of what they are doing.

His assists are good, but not godlike. Part of the problem is that EM Disruptor > Plasma Beam because it only hits once, and therefore doesn't cause huge damage scaling. And Magneto > Doom as a point character as well. So, if you want Plasma Beam, a lot of people will just go with Magneto instead.

Then there's Molecular Shield, which no one uses, even though it's pretty good. Its problem is that it can cause a lot of combo interruptions based on how inconsistently the rocks hit, and it travels slowly so you're not going to get the kind of immediate pressure a beam does, and you also won't get the sustained pressure setups Sentinel Force offers. Generally, it's a way to get you in, and you know what's a lot better at getting you in? Akuma's Tatsu assist.

Finally, there's Hidden Missiles, which is godlike on paper, but in practice it interrupts your own combos a good portion of the time, and it's even less safe than Sentinel Force because the missiles take a while to affect the battlefield. When most people call assists, they need the effect immediately, not 5 seconds in the future. So, it's not a bad assist, but it's risky and difficult to make good use of. It's really meant for enhancing a keepaway game more than anything, but keepaway blows in this game.

So, in summary:
2/3 of Dr. Doom's assists are outdone by other assists belonging to superior point characters, and the third one is really difficult to make use of in this metagame.

Well, let's be fair. Take those assists away and no one is really gonna pick them on their team. Tron won't be as bad... She can still move around and still has those ToD combos, but Haggar? Forget about him. Then again, like you said, the game's still not completed. To top it off, some of their moves are getting nerfed, which means their point game is getting worse as well.

Take away the assists for Doom? He's still a pretty good character. Although like you said, he's still not the best and are situational but his assists are still pretty damn good.

I guess for me, it's hard for me to see why those assists nerfs were merited when their point game is getting worse. Not that I'm complaining TOO much. I hate those assists.

edit: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MOVE! I hate moving.

Well, let's be fair. Take those assists away and no one is really gonna pick them on their team. Tron won't be as bad... She can still move around and still has those ToD combos, but Haggar? Forget about him. Then again, like you said, the game's still not completed. To top it off, some of their moves are getting nerfed, which means their point game is getting worse as well.
Yeah, I agree. Then again, I just learned for the first time ever two weeks ago that Haggar can solo relaunch without using his pipe's ground bounce. Some characters just got designated as "assist tier" really early. Look at Doom. If not for Clockwork and Dios X, people would probably put him around Tron/Haggar level, even though he's much better.

As far as I know, only Tron's j.H is nerfed, and this is because j.H in general is being nerfed (Magneto's j.H also hits opponents far away from him now). I think this is primarily because Capcom doesn't want to give us easily, mindless option select throws like we have in MvC3. They want H to be primarily used for throws when in the air, or something mid-combo.

Take away the assists for Doom? He's still a pretty good character. Although like you said, he's still not the best and are situational but his assists are still pretty damn good.
Agreed but I also think Tron is a good character solo. NerdJosh can rock pretty hard with her.

I guess for me, it's hard for me to see why those assists nerfs were merited when their point game is getting worse. Not that I'm complaining TOO much. I hate those assists.
I am completely assuming that it's just step 1 we're seeing. Seth said some of the new moves aren't implemented yet, and a part of me is assuming that one of those new moves is going to Haggar to help him get in (my usual suggestion is a garbage can that rolls along the ground with 10 durability points, but does so very slowly; protects his advance, but doesn't like him win a fireball war or anything like that. Someone else suggested he throw a pipe and it causes a wallbounce - that would be funny).

Tron (I have been told) got a buff on Bonne Strike's recovery frames, and she can also Servbot Launcher 3 times in a row with rapid succession. So, at least they're looking at things? I have some confidence that Niitsuma has a better understanding of the game with some of these changes, and we'll get more balance changes later. Heck, he acknowledges that Ryu is just too weak in his current form to compete, and he's leagues above Haggar on point.

edit: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MOVE! I hate moving.
Thanks! I also hate moving. We live in a 1200sq ft place right now, and have accumulated a lot of crap over the years. Bleeeehhh.

mr. puppy

Banned
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Richard was using Haggar with Dante as well, and got rooted out before top 8.

he played terribly though. dropping lots of comboes, randomly calling out the assist, and not playing wolverine well at all. he does a lot better when its dante/haggar/phoenix, since his dante builds absurd amounts of meter and he gets a free combo break w/phoenix, which helps his kinda risky play.

I've been away from the game for a little more than a week and I played with my friend after he wired his 360 straight to his modem. Drops and small lag used to be common even though we only live in separate boroughs, but it just became perfect. Pulling off Ammy's glaive combos has been much harder with most other people, but it feels like we are playing on the same TV all of a sudden. BlazBlue is probably the one fighting game that can match how smooth the fights have been while wired.

Moments like that make me wish we had better speeds across the board in the US and a better effort from Capcom on the online front.

:(

SolarPowered said:
I've been away from the game for a little more than a week and I played with my friend after he wired his 360 straight to his modem. Drops and small lag used to be common even though we only live in separate boroughs, but it just became perfect. Pulling off Ammy's glaive combos has been much harder with most other people, but it feels like we are playing on the same TV all of a sudden. BlazBlue is probably the one fighting game that can match how smooth the fights have been while wired.

Moments like that make me wish we had better speeds across the board in the US and a better effort from Capcom on the online front.

:(
You either get a buffed Hsien or better Capcom netcode

YOU CANNOT HAVE BOTH

Professor Beef said:
You either get a buffed Hsien or better Capcom netcode

YOU CANNOT HAVE BOTH
Man, I'm good with either one.

Just finished watching The Big Lebowski for the first time so I'm in a zen mood.

_dementia said:
BETTER HSIEN-KO

boo-this-man.gif

Does anyone know why Justin Wong was playing She-Hulk on point? I think that kept him out of grand finals. Wolverine is just so much better than her to start, it's like he was handicapping himself.

Just a bizarre, stupid decision.

Prototype-03 said:
What do you mean by "Too?"

I've used Rachel in CT, skipped in CS1, then picked her back up in CS2
I meant that it seemed a little silly to discount someone's character requests in the face of another feature seeing as Rachel was really bad in CS1. I tried to make a light hearted comment and it came out weird.

Should have phrased it better, but I've been a little busy with AE.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I appreciate the amount of reason and thought you put into your argument Karst, but I just can't get behind your vendetta against assist characters. If anything, this game needs more invincible assists to keep sloppy rushdown at bay. I would prefer that these assists not allow for (easy) combos afterward though. Strictly "GTFO" style.

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Does anyone know why Justin Wong was playing She-Hulk on point? I think that kept him out of grand finals. Wolverine is just so much better than her to start, it's like he was handicapping himself.

Just a bizarre, stupid decision.
Dunno really. I suppose he felt that Wolverine doesn't really benefit from She Hulk assist, so putting her in line first and getting lv2 XF for Wolverine was preferable or something.

kirblar

Fully invincible assist characters are pretty dumb. Limited invincibility (say, on startup only, only projectile, only physical, etc.) is a much better way to go about things. You want to have some way to counter something so that you can't just use it as a universal get out of jail free card.

Nyoro SF

If there are invincible assist characters, the invincibility should be short lasting and provide some sort of tangible risk to the character coming out. As of now it's really damn hard to punish Tron. Haggar as well because it takes so long for him to get to a vulnerable state that the point character can defend him with a projectile once he recovers.

I'm not really sure how they would implement something like that though.

I appreciate the amount of reason and thought you put into your argument Karst, but I just can't get behind your vendetta against assist characters. If anything, this game needs more invincible assists to keep sloppy rushdown at bay. I would prefer that these assists not allow for (easy) combos afterward though. Strictly "GTFO" style.
I don't have a vendetta against assist characters. Heck, my MvC2 main team was Sentinel/Blackheart/Captain Commando, and Captain Commando is always on my request list, and it's not because of his abilities on point!

I do think four things, though:
1) Fans of characters deserve to use those characters as more than an assist.
2) This game is not well balanced for "get off me" assists to exist en masse. Some characters are 100% shut down by these because they don't have the mobility to get around it like the pixies and hard rushdown characters do. If these assists continue to exist, the entire cast needs more speed and mobility to compensate.
3) If we have "get off me" assists, 90%+ of the cast needs one as an assist so team creativity can thrive. A good portion of the cast has a (currently bad) AA assist - make all of these invincible.
4) Every character in this game deserves to be awesome on point and have good assists. This promotes team creativity, and more variation is always better. There's no reason a character like Sentinel should be awful on point, but with a great assist, while characters like Magneto, Dante, and Wesker get it all.

That is all I have ever said; I have nothing against the concept of "get off me" assists. I do have something against "assist tier" characters in this game; just look at SolarPowered's suffering. I challenge you to make an argument to him that his favorite character should only be worthwhile for her armored Senpu Bu, and nothing else. That is what I am against. If you disagree with me, that's fine, you're only guilty of wanting a worse game than the one I want.

If there are invincible assist characters, the invincibility should be short lasting and provide some sort of tangible risk to the character coming out. As of now it's really damn hard to punish Tron. Haggar as well because it takes so long for him to get to a vulnerable state that the point character can defend him with a projectile once he recovers.
FYI, Tron is not invincible on startup, she just has a medium priority projectile hitbox that absorbs a good portion of the attacks around her hitbox. Sliding attacks at any time as well as beam hypers will still hit her.

Dahbomb

Sorry guys was a bit away taking care of real life duty.

I also rewatched the entire build up to the top 32 in Marvel and top 8 in Marvel and WOW... what an experience. After knowing the winners and stuff I was able to concentrate more on the techs and mindgames... so much to see. And so many legitimate hype moments I don't even know where to start.

I will say one thing that the top 4 for Marvel is the 4 best players in the entire tournament (not in that order but top 4). You really had to see all their games to get an idea.

And if people are wondering why PRBalrog burnt his X Factor early during the Phoenix mix ups... that's his "secret tech" that no one knows about. There is no video on it. It's basically Acid Rain loop, X Factor (or Devil Trigger), dash under call Tron assist. It's pretty impossible to block and he caught Phoenix a couple of times with it. He got her more with it but he dropped the combo twice and that's why caused him to come in second. He should've came in 1st place and he made Dante an established S tier character at #3 spot. There is a lot more secret tech in the top 32 that you guys owe it to yourself to rewatch it. Also I understand why Marn got upset after losing to Phoenix.... it was AT LEAST his 4th Phoenix fight in a row. Very unfair and a hard way to go out. At least we got to see him do the Lightning Loop with Zero.

Going to update the Changelog in a bit. Need to break my fast first.

Dahbomb

Sorry for double post but the Changelog is updated with even more changes discovered.

Also Balrog's team countered Justin's and Combofiend's team really well. Dante is a counter pick to She Hulk and Wolverine + Tron beats out Wolverine + Akuma. There is a reason why PRBalrog PERFECTED Justin Wong in that Losers Finals with Dante.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Dahbomb said:
Sorry guys was a bit away taking care of real life duty.

I also rewatched the entire build up to the top 32 in Marvel and top 8 in Marvel and WOW... what an experience. After knowing the winners and stuff I was able to concentrate more on the techs and mindgames... so much to see. And so many legitimate hype moments I don't even know where to start.

I will say one thing that the top 4 for Marvel is the 4 best players in the entire tournament (not in that order but top 4). You really had to see all their games to get an idea.

And if people are wondering why PRBalrog burnt his X Factor early during the Phoenix mix ups... that's his "secret tech" that no one knows about. There is no video on it. It's basically Acid Rain loop, X Factor (or Devil Trigger), dash under call Tron assist. It's pretty impossible to block and he caught Phoenix a couple of times with it. He got her more with it but he dropped the combo twice and that's why caused him to come in second. He should've came in 1st place and he made Dante an established S tier character at #3 spot. There is a lot more secret tech in the top 32 that you guys owe it to yourself to rewatch it. Also I understand why Marn got upset after losing to Phoenix.... it was AT LEAST his 4th Phoenix fight in a row. Very unfair and a hard way to go out. At least we got to see him do the Lightning Loop with Zero.

Going to update the Changelog in a bit. Need to break my fast first.

I remember one of the commentators saying when Pr's Dante was devil triggering, they thought it was pushing him forward slightly or something like that? So maybe he was just doing a short wave dash?

Edit: Oh man he teleports during the mixup aswell. That must be just about an unblockable.

Dahbomb

Nedjoe said:
I remember one of the commentators saying when Pr's Dante was devil triggering, they thought it was pushing him forward slightly or something like that? So maybe he was just doing a short wave dash?

Edit: Oh man he teleports during the mixup aswell. That must be just about an unblockable.
Basically during Acid Rain Dante can't move at all. He has to just teleport after it which is quite an obvious mix up. If he Devil Triggers during it or X Factors, he can move free while it launches meaning he can do any time of mix up he want. Teleport, dash under, call assist, jump attack, attempt a grab. I saw PRBalrog catch about 4 or 5 Phoenix's with that set up but in two 2 or 3 of them he could not complete the combo (and 2 of them were against Viscant, one of them would've seen him be in Winners Grand Finals and possibly the EVO title).

Guess what... I also so another Dante attempt to do Million Carats cross over. He fucked up because he did Crystal not Million Carats.

Looking around at SRK forums, it seems people have accepted the S tier as Phoenix, Wolverine and Dante. Wonder how long it will take someone to construct a team of Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix. I said this in my discussion of pre-EVO that these 3 were best characters in the game and the grand finals proved it. #4 would be Wesker of course or Magneto they are both equal in my eyes. Grand Finals was essentially the top 4 characters against each other with 2 God tier assists.

I thought it was going to be Richard Nguyen who would establish Dante as an S tier character but it ended up being PRBalrog. Richard Nguyen is pretty much Dante incarnate, he loves to troll and style on people hard so Dante was the perfect character for him. Unfortunately that style of play cost him his matches against Justin Wong when he should've taken it from him. PRBalrog is a Dante which is far dirtier and effective than Richard's, he abused all of Dante's strength and didn't try too hard to style on the opponent. That's what led to the W's for PRBalrog.

I could do a MASSIVE write up of stuff I learned and stuff that I knew before hand that was confirmed at EVO. But I am not going to... I invite people to watch the entirety of the EVO matches by themselves (if they can find it, I was lucky to download all the matches and save them on my harddrive before they got removed) and find stuff on their own. You will pick up stuff that the commentators didn't even get close. I am also not going to do it because UMVC3 is coming up so most of the discussion is going to end up being pointless.

Guess what else I picked up? Clockwork tried the fly trick of Phoenix in a match. Commentators didn't know what he was doing. It's a shame we will never know this "secret" Doom tech that S Kill keeps talking about.

And for those that didn't know, Justin Wong's Phoenix strat was basically use Storm, try to get Phoenix in Hailstorm and then link Hailstorm into Gaia hyper. It will essentially kill her outright, no need for any extra damage. He did it once though. He also had another one that he didn't use, involved Wesker and "random cross up" from his Phantom Dance hyper. Nothing too outrageous but he had it in the bag.

I really want to know the secret Doom tech.

And I really don't think Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix is as good as you think it is. Dante really needs assists to fully function and apply that S tier pressure, and Wolverine needs something to protect Berserker Slash. Jam Session isn't good for it because it causes so much damage decay, so Wolverine's combo will do crap damage.

That entire team would get destroyed by Viscants, because you have absolutely nothing that lets you handle the Double Lariat. Viscant should have a full team ready against you every time he gets you down to Phoenix.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
I really want to know the secret Doom tech.

And I really don't think Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix is as good as you think it is. Dante really needs assists to fully function and apply that S tier pressure, and Wolverine needs something to protect Berserker Slash. Jam Session isn't good for it because it causes so much damage decay, so Wolverine's combo will do crap damage.

That entire team would get destroyed by Viscants, because you have absolutely nothing that lets you handle the Double Lariat. Viscant should have a full team ready against you every time he gets you down to Phoenix.
Wolverine on Phoenix team basically means that you are going to for early X Factor activate Tokido style (if not then there is little point to playing Wolverine on a Phoenix team). You get a single cross over using B Slash and Jam Session, you can X factor and not worry about the hit stun/damage scaling. That's a character kill and on incoming character you can repeat the Jam Session B Slash cross over. Phoenix's Charge assist is good enough for Wolverine to follow it up using OTG.

I saw at least 3 people use the Dante/Wolverine combo including PRBalrog himself. In addition, having or not having an assist against Lariat doesn't really matter much anyway. It's going to shutdown Wolverine's game no matter what assist he has.

You are correct in saying that Dante needs a top tier assist to apply that pressure but he can apply a lot of pressure solo as well. In fact he is one of the best solo characters in the game making him the best person at the 2nd spot where you are going to have no assist and no meter because you have to protect Phoenix. Characters like Haggar, Akuma, Sentinel and Tron are dead weight at that spot.

I will say that Dante/Wolverine/XXX is a TOP tier team and XXX can be replaced by any assist that you need which includes Akuma, Haggar, Tron, Ammy. Wolverine/Dante/Phoenix is more theory fighter but hey... Noel Brown managed to take a match from Justin using Wolverine/Wesker/Phoenix.

Also did you guys see this HYPE video by Trag that was played in the Top 32 for MVC3?

http://www.youtube.com/user/trag13#p/u/0/aBfIMIz6_ME

With so many hype moments at EVO, you could make another video that could be more hype than this.

* Richard's Dante comeback

*Justin's Akuma comeback

*AndyOCR's Haggar comeback

*PRBalrog's perfect against Justin which caused S-Kill to go into shock

*About 3 or 4 epic Combofiend comebacks (against Fanatiq, Yipes and a couple other people and it got so scary that people started snapping his Spencer in)

*That X Ray ground bounce combo with Ammy

*PRBalrog stuffs Bionic arm with Dante's LVL3 for the win

*Some very hype moments pre-top 32 like a guy stuffing Zero's LVL3 with Weapon X and an insane Taskmaster comeback plus an insane Wesker comeback

*Phoenix on point guy

*Noah HYPE

*Clockwork RAPE with Doom

But I seem to be missing something here.... OH WAIT THAT'S RIGHT THE SINGLE MOST HYPE MOMENT IN MVC3 NEXT TO BIONIC ARM!!

*PR BALROG. TRON. PHOENIX. LVL3 COMMAND THROW. BRACKET RESET.

I swear there were some moments at EVO where UltraDavid screamed so loud my headphones maxed out on volume and started cracking up. THANK YOU ULTRADAVID FOR THE MARVEL HYPE!!!!!

"*About 3 or 4 epic Combofiend comebacks (against Fanatiq, Yipes and a couple other people and it got so scary that people started snapping his Spencer in)"

As a rule, you should probably always snap in the anchor/2nd character. Not only to deprive them of lvl 3 x-factor and an assist, but it messes up their team synergy.

Also, it's too bad Clock never finished working on his block strings, he missed out on a lot of doom pressure that he could have kept up by using the command launcher instead of the standard one. I honestly think it was one of the main things keeping him out of top 8. Just letting go of major opportunities, especially since he generally has to stay meterless for phoenix.

Dahbomb

He almost made it into top 8 had he not choked Dark Phoenix against X ray's Magneto. Such a day 1 mix up from Magneto that he ate for the lose.

I'm just saying that if he ever used proper block strings, that situation wouldn't have come up. Considering how rarely anyone escapes clock's doom once they get hit, it's too bad he didn't spend more time on staying in. Still, that's a lot of tech to learn.

I saw at least 3 people use the Dante/Wolverine combo including PRBalrog himself. In addition, having or not having an assist against Lariat doesn't really matter much anyway. It's going to shutdown Wolverine's game no matter what assist he has.
I didn't say the Wolverine/Dante combo is bad - I think it's good. It just doesn't go well with Phoenix for the third character IMO.

*PRBalrog's perfect against Justin which caused S-Kill to go into shock
I will never forget this - S-Kill looked legitimately emotionally distraught.

I'm just saying that if he ever used proper block strings, that situation wouldn't have come up. Considering how rarely anyone escapes clock's doom once they get hit, it's too bad he didn't spend more time on staying in. Still, that's a lot of tech to learn.
The consequences of using a character that requires a fully functional brain, unfortunately.

Dahbomb

S-Kill wasn't emotionally distraught.. he was literally MIND FUCKED. Like he held up his hands to his head for 10 minutes saying "WTF JUST HAPPENED OMG".

And it wasn't just him, the entire audience was just shell shocked at the perfect. They didn't even know how to react to it. It's still a major EVO moment.

AzureJericho this video is dedicated to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OBcwIxacHc

Living proof of Phoenix on point. So much TECHNOLOGY AND GIMMICKS in this shit I just shook my head and said "THAT'S SO MAHVEL".

Dahbomb said:
S-Kill wasn't emotionally distraught.. he was literally MIND FUCKED. Like he held up his hands to his head for 10 minutes saying "WTF JUST HAPPENED OMG".

And it wasn't just him, the entire audience was just shell shocked at the perfect. They didn't even know how to react to it. It's still a major EVO moment.

AzureJericho this video is dedicated to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OBcwIxacHc

Living proof of Phoenix on point. So much TECHNOLOGY AND GIMMICKS in this shit I just shook my head and said "THAT'S SO MAHVEL".
Someone on the stream said that "we only know 15% of MvC3" and then they moved on to Ultimate. I wouldn't say we know that little, but I think one thing we can all agree on is that this game was cut down in it's prime.

I bet there were still a few more tricks to be learned before the game got retired as quickly as it did.

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
Someone on the stream said that "we only know 15% of MvC3" and then they moved on to Ultimate. I wouldn't say we know that little, but I think one thing we can all agree on is that this game was cut down in it's prime.

I bet there were still a few more tricks to be learned before the game got retired as quickly as it did.
Who's to say the same technology won't transfer over to UMVC3? Unless that technology was found out by Capcom first and deemed broken, I would say that technology will keep getting discovered in MVC3.

I mean Phoenix Rage wall bounce into Magneto tag at the opening of the game should still work in UMVC3. Only thing that will change is DHC glitch related technology. I am sure if MVC3 vanilla had continued, we would've found ways to DHC glitch with everyone in the cast (Dante's Million Dollar DHC glitches on the first hit of it's animation like Trish's hyper).

Oh and another technology that I forgot to mention was Haggar on point (Doom in the back plus one other character I don't remember maybe Dorm maybe Magneto) against Wolverine + Akuma. Noel Brown was playing against this guy with Haggar on point. Now to Noel's credit, he picked up on this technology before hand so he was able to deal with it effectively but what happened was that Haggar just chilled while Doom threw out Plasma beam. When Wolverine came in with herp derp B Slash + Akuma assist, Haggar immediately did Lariat into X Factor for the Happy Birthday. Then did full combo which lead to like 3 meters (plus the 1 you had when you started the match) and he did a regular DHC 2 times into Doom's Sphere Flames. Killed both characters outright.

Noel was able to beat this by faking the Akuma assist. He just called Akuma assist, waited for the Lariat and then punished and snap backed into Doom. Then he killed Haggar all alone at the end. It was still hilarious to watch, this dude basically shut down the most powerful offensive force in the game with an equally brain dead technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom