• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavelo

Ultimoo said:
ammy can actually cross you up and/or do a high low mix up.

taskmaster just does c.L all day, into spidey swing + overhead attack. I will give that taskmaster has good anti airs with charging star, and a strong keep away game, but his options to get in are terrible.

What kind of taskmasters do you play? They should have their heads taken off. Also, I laugh at people who let ammy get in.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
I think we are running out of things to talk about lol.

Anyone up for some games? I'll wait fifteen minutes for a response.

I'm up for getting myself exposed at MVC3.

Dynasty Penguin on 360

Also time for a flash from the past!

Sanford's infamous blow up on stream

And then he went on to take himself straight up through the ranks in EVO is the crazy thing. I thought he was ready to quit marvel after this.

I can't wait to see raging like this occur again at ultimate's launch once air x-factor and TAC abuse kicks in :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
I'm up for getting myself exposed at MVC3.

Dynasty Penguin on 360

Also time for a flash from the past!

Sanford's infamous blow up on stream

And then he went on to take himself straight up through the ranks in EVO is the crazy thing. I thought he was ready to quit marvel after this.

I can't wait to see raging like this occur again at ultimate's launch once air x-factor and TAC abuse kicks in :D
I love this video. Sanford's bullet point breakdown is HILARIOUS.

Women are picking up this game and beating men. This is how bad this game is.

He was just salty about losing, I'm sure he LOVES it now.

TE NE NA
TE NE NA

Neki

Wesker - Strong cross-ups using teleport + beam assist/haggar/tron fire. Haggar/Tron also make opponents afraid to press buttons, leave them vulnerable to command throw set-ups. Can also hit confirm off of hard knockdowns.
Magneto - Fast high-low mix by himself, improved even more by drones. Can also quickly dash overtop of you for a cross-up, and can easily hit-confirm anti air jab into combos. Fast tri-dash makes his pressure relentless.
Dante - Strong cross-ups using teleport + beam/haggar/tron fire. Large hitboxes on his normals allow easy cross-ups, and he can also combo off of hard knockdowns. Also has the Hammer for strong priority as an anti-air against incoming flying characters.
Wolverine - Strong cross-ups using berserker slash + akuma assist. Can also fake cross you up using the same set-up. Can convert air throws and ground throws into a full BnBs. Berserker Charge makes his pressure relatively safe. Divekick has insane priority, ground bounces and is relatively safe. Has one of the best mix-ups in the game on an incoming character by himself, and with an assist, even harder to block.

Taskmaster doesn't have a fast air dash or teleport, meaning his cross-up options are limited. I don't think he can easily convert an instant overhead into a combo. (not sure if he has one against most of the cast). His high low mix up isn't great, as I stated before. He has no command throw to scare opponents, and even though he has throw into hyper, that doesn't build meter.

What kind of taskmasters do you play? They should have their heads taken off. Also, I laugh at people who let ammy get in.
yo look in the mirror once in a while.
ha
ha
ha.

Neki

Chavelo said:
I was gonna challenge your witty response, but I forgot again I went to the BEST NETWORK. OH WELL. :3
how can it be the best network when you don't have me, karst or Q? that sounds like the worst network. we even have the theorycraft god on our side, if you're into that kind of stuff.

Chavelo

Ultimoo said:
how can it be the best network when you don't have me, karst or Q? that sounds like the worst network. we even have the theorycraft god on our side, if you're into that kind of stuff.

Q is not playing Marvel anymore, Karsticles always has something better to do than to play this scrubby game, and you? /snickers

God's Beard also doesn't have an actual beard (MY LIFE IS BROKEN, BTW), so i am cry.

Honestly, I probably could have just crammed it all into A/B/C tiers. A lot of the mid and low tiers aren't that bad compared to the high tier characters.

Karsticles said:
That tier list...I think I'm just going to close this tab.

But Dormammu is high tier!

Chavelo said:
Q is not playing Marvel anymore, Karsticles always has something better to do than to play this scrubby game, and you? /snickers

God's Beard also doesn't have an actual beard (MY LIFE IS BROKEN, BTW), so i am cry.

I actually did have a beard at EVO. I shaved it off before finals though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
What is this mythical creature you speak of?

This man?

star_trek_Q.jpg

JeTmAn81

I would say in high level play, Taskmaster is probably more of a defensive character. His arrows can whittle away your health quickly enough that you'll want to try to outzone him (difficult) or rush him down. When you finally close on him, his counterhit options come in to play. His standing/jumping C and Shield Skills attacks have a lot of reach and priority for reacting to your opponent's attacks and open them up for a full combo.

I've had a lot of success with offensive Taskmaster through advancing with jumping C, but I think that's because most of my opponents are not particularly skilled defensively. I usually just spam it and it works out for a Shield Skills hit after they're opened up by the jumping overhead, but I really need to work on transitioning to a crouching L for a safe continuation.

I feel like my Dante/Taskmaster/Sentinel team tends to emphasize this kind of play, since they can throw out a ton of spam to force the opponent to close the gap, then punish their attempts with various defensive options.

Neki

JeTmAn81 said:
I would say in high level play, Taskmaster is probably more of a defensive character. His arrows can whittle away your health quickly enough that you'll want to try to outzone him (difficult) or rush him down. When you finally close on him, his counterhit options come in to play. His standing/jumping C and Shield Skills attacks have a lot of reach and priority for reacting to your opponent's attacks and open them up for a full combo.

I've had a lot of success with offensive Taskmaster through advancing with jumping C, but I think that's because most of my opponents are not particularly skilled defensively. I usually just spam it and it works out for a Shield Skills hit after they're opened up by the jumping overhead, but I really need to work on transitioning to a crouching L for a safe continuation.

I feel like my Dante/Taskmaster/Sentinel team tends to emphasize this kind of play, since they can throw out a ton of spam to force the opponent to close the gap, then punish their attempts with various defensive options.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with placing Taskmaster high in tier lists because his defensive options are great and his damage output is good. But all of the S-Tier are basically good rushdown characters with great options, which Taskmaster is not. Great defensive keep away character, but a terrible rushdown character.

My Gods, Shaowebb. I think I know what your problem is. My cousin had a similar issue with me and it was resolved by plugging his 360 into his modem a few days ago.

We had huge issues running games and even connecting to each others parties. Once he got rid of his router and plugged directly to his modem his connection went gold and our games are a five on the quality scale.

Who is your ISP? What speeds have you measured? Are you using a router?
Ultimoo said:
Theorycraft works better on GAF with a keyboard.
Ultimoo said:
Like I said, I don't have a problem with placing Taskmaster high in tier lists because his defensive options are great and his damage output is good. But all of the S-Tier are basically good rushdown characters with great options, which Taskmaster is not. Great defensive keep away character, but a terrible rushdown character.
One touch and that bastard can kill you ded. He sure has better rushdown options than most of the other A tier peeps with the exception of C.Viper and Spencer.

smurfx

get some go again
JeTmAn81 said:

don't forget to use taskmasters air throws and ground throws. i usually try a mix up with tasky and haggar as characters are coming in and if that fails i go for the throw and then use his hyper on the characters for some pretty free damage.

kirblar

One touch and that bastard can kill you ded. He sure has better rushdown options than most of the other A tier peeps with the exception of C.Viper and Spencer.
Rushdown is a playstyle, not "Oh yeah, I'm good at melee too!" I would consider Taskmaster more of a "counter" character up close, capable of punshing your opponents mistakes harshly (much like say, Fei Long), while Spencer's a long-range grappler.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarPowered said:
My Gods, Shaowebb. I think I know what your problem is. My cousin had a similar issue with me and it was resolved by plugging his 360 into his modem a few days ago.

We had huge issues running games and even connecting to each others parties. Once he got rid of his router and plugged directly to his modem his connection went gold and our games are a five on the quality scale.

I lived in the same area as Shaowebb and I'm pretty sure I had the same ISP (Comcast). Their network is awful all around but he shouldn't be having issues connecting to anyone.

Configure your DMZs, people.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:

Told you I'd get exposed. :D

I am plugged into my router and it does that every time for me. Not even joking.

At least this time when we tried to match up it eventually worked under that other account and I could finally be bodied by your sentinel. My lack of practice time shows like crazy from all the dropped combos. I dont think I completed a single one and I never even began most of them after hit confirms on lows. Especially the other random shit where I would pop the wrong hyper or miss my low to the ground hard drive. I use it like low to the ground air shinko to catch people moving in.

All that means shit though when you cant keep a combo going for anything or spot your opportunities. Shows that the only person I've been using for the past few days is Spencer.

I can't wait till I graduate and can spend all my free time locked in the lab practicing.

Good games.
Sixfortyfive said:
I lived in the same area as Shaowebb and I'm pretty sure I had the same ISP (Comcast). Their network is awful all around but he shouldn't be having issues connecting to anyone.

Configure your DMZs, people.

Yup. Comcast, connection speed is ASS apparently since they dropped my package on internet only to 1/7th of what it was before to try and force $20 more outta me to get their cable tv/internet bundle deal for higher speeds, and DMZ is already configured. My buddy Bill set that up for me.

I live underwater online.

Neki

SolarPowered said:

Theorycraft works better on GAF with a keyboard.

And that's why he's an A tier and not S tier. I think he's good, but I don't think he's top 5, that's all I'm saying. His best options are still defensive options though, not rushdown.

This game is a piece of fucking shit for matchmaking. Fuck Capcom for their piece of shit balancing and their piece of shit matchmaking options.

This shit is embarrassing.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
This game is a piece of fucking shit for matchmaking. Fuck Capcom for their piece of shit balancing and their piece of shit matchmaking options.

become 5th lord, constantly matched up against 8th lords and the only other 5th lord in canada several times.

I can't complain.

Degen

SolarPowered said:

Every aspect of the online play in this game is among the worst ever attempted by a console fighter

Sixfortyfive

Ever since I renewed my Gold subscription a month or so ago I've rarely ever had disconnect errors. Which is weird, because the exact opposite was the case several months ago.

shaowebb said:
Yup. Comcast, connection speed is ASS apparently since they dropped my package on internet only to 1/7th of what it was before to try and force $20 more outta me to get their cable tv/internet bundle deal for higher speeds, and DMZ is already configured. My buddy Bill set that up for me.

I live underwater online.
Do you know how to check your router and modem's status pages and the sort of ranges you should be getting on important values (bandwidth, receive power level, etc.)? You know how to use pathping/traceroute to see at what point in your connection where latency goes to shit?

And if everything on your end looks in order but you're getting bad numbers from any of the above, don't hesitate to call in and demand a house visit. Some of the wiring on my street would literally start falling apart after heavy rains, which would cause the signal to my modem to deteriorate to borderline unusable levels. There was nothing I could do but call customer support. The call center shmucks are always a pain to deal with, but the tech guys that actually come out to do the work were helpful and on top of things more often than not.

The ISP I'm using in Alabama actually charges for house visits. So if their local infrastructure starts going to shit, I'M the one stuck with the bill. LOL

Ultimoo said:
become 5th lord, constantly matched up against 8th lords and the only other 5th lord in canada several times.

I can't complain.
It is not that. I was trying to play with Shao and Thatcrazyguy, but the game wouldn't connect us. After asking for numerous invites from Shao and ThatcrazyguyI got nothing and then Tobe asked me to play. The game invites actually came through at that point, but I started playing with Tobe which was a shitty experience to say the least.

Something in the new patch that was added seems to make Phoenix in particular a fucking lag/stutter master. Any time she appears on the stage the game begins to lag like shit and it gets even worse when she goes DP.

It made playing against Tobe's Viscant team a maddening experience to say the least.

Sixfortyfive

A friend of mine has been maining "Team Viscant" since literally day 1. Placed one win short of getting EVO points in two majors.

I texted him the moment EVO grand finals ended to call him a tier whore.

Yeah, card fucking and piece of shit netcode is really getting to me right now.

This shit has done more to discourage my friends from playing fighters than anything else in this entire generation. SF3 and Skullgirls can't come soon enough...
Degen said:
Every aspect of the online play in this game is among the worst ever attempted by a console fighter
The only thing that is probably worse is KOFVII. I still fucking laugh at the fact that there were people in this very thread who defended the lack of a spectator mode LOL.

Jesus Christ
LakeEarth said:
I have never successfully joined a lobby after being invited to it. Never. Disconnect every time.
You should really check your router. It is the most likely culprit.
Sixfortyfive said:
A friend of mine has been maining "Team Viscant" since literally day 1. Placed one win short of getting EVO points in two majors.

I texted him the moment EVO grand finals ended to call him a tier whore.
It would not be so unbearable if it weren't for the lag. Trying to take out a dude with 1.1 million health with lag is pretty hard when he simple ass combos, an OTG move and he can be anywhere in an instant.

Fucking Capcom

Tobe

SolarPowered said:
It is not that. I was trying to play with Shao and Thatcrazyguy, but the game wouldn't connect us. After asking for numerous invites from Shao and ThatcrazyguyI got nothing and then Tobe asked me to play. The game invites actually came through at that point, but I started playing with Tobe which was a shitty experience to say the least.

Something in the new patch that was added seems to make Phoenix in particular a fucking lag/stutter master. Any time she appears on the stage the game begins to lag like shit and it gets even worse when she goes DP.

It made playing against Tobe's Viscant team a maddening experience to say the least.
idk what happened with the connection xbox was on dmz, wifi was disabled and normally its a lot better but yeah pretty shitty experience

didnt know that about the new patch i was mad about that dp was always slow and shit. i just hope that the new netcode is decent atleast.

Tobe1 said:
idk what happened with the connection xbox was on dmz, wifi was disabled and normally its a lot better but yeah pretty shitty experience

didnt know that about the new patch i was mad about that dp was always slow and shit. i just hope that the new netcode is decent atleast.
Your Mags/Wolvie/Sent team was much easier to deal with since there was no lag. I have no idea how I still manage to match up so well under such shitty conditions.
I must be a Wizard or some shit.
LakeEarth said:
No router. Modem straight to Xbox.
Where do you live?

LakeEarth

Just southern ontario. I swear, it doesn't matter who invites me, it fails to connect. I can play player/ranked of course, and have no problems with other games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LakeEarth said:
Just southern ontario. I swear, it doesn't matter who invites me, it fails to connect. I can play player/ranked of course, and have no problems with other games.
Hey I'm in Southern Ontario too. We should get some games in sometime after my exams are done and see what's what with the netcode.

LakeEarth said:
I don't know what to say in this case.

Capcom sucks I guess...

LakeEarth

Sure I'll add you. Hopefully it'll just connect without issue, but I've remembered a few gaffers who I can play with in SSFIV but not Marvel.

I'm XBL.

Hey Solar, sorry for the mix-up earlier with the games. GG's for the few we played. That one happy birthday crushed my soul, haha.

Hey shaowebb, good game for those 10 games (I was playing Sent/Doom/Haggar). Sorry I quit out. I went to start a new one to invite Solar, then he was offline, then you were, hehe.

It's all funky. Yea, I couldn't join you those first times you sent me those invites.

I couldn't connect with Solar before, then I connect direct to my modem, so everything is all good.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Viper's overhead....doesn't even look like an overhead. Wtf. o___0.

Edit: well..the dash down L.

I shouldn't be suprised, considering how odd Magnus' jump in L looks.

edit edit: This is really good stuff...

triple edit: Some of this is really broken. lmfao

USD

M.O.D.O.K. Analyze Cube combos are so sex. I think MarlinPie's combo gets him 8-ish Levels of Understanding, probably touch of death on the majority of the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom