• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Phoenix, Magneto and Dante are still top characters even with the "nerfs". Zero and Ammy who were originally top 5 in MVC3 (when the game was first out) are now back to being current top 5.

That's not including Strider who has been top 5 in EVERY Marvel game he has been in. He might end up being best character in UMVC3.

Viscant was correct in saying that there are certain characters that Capcom never knows how to balance that's why in every iteration they are in characters like Wolverine, Magneto, Strider end up being top tier and characters like Captain America end up being ass. Only exception is Wolverine in MVC2 because he was split into 2 characters in order to spread his godliness.

We really don't know who is what until more play happens, but Capcom has shown they are not afraid to nerf anything.

He's not top 5 (or top 10)in MVC2, and there were only like 10 characters in MVC1, lol. There's no precedent for him being top tier nor should there be for any character. MVC3 doesn't need a Yun. Wolverine was horrible in MVC2 btw. both of them. Magneto's only game prior to MVC2 was XVSF where everyone was top tier. Capcom does know how to rain on your parade.

Dahbomb

DR2K said:
We really don't know who is what until more play happens, but Capcom has shown they are not afraid to nerf anything.

He's not top 5 (or top 10)in MVC2, and there were only like 10 characters in MVC1, lol. There's no precedent for him being top tier nor should there be for any character. MVC3 doesn't need a Yun. Wolverine was horrible in MVC2 btw. both of them. Magneto's only game prior to MVC2 was XVSF where everyone was top tier. Capcom does know how to rain on your parade.
Strider + Doom was right next to Storm, Magneto, Sentinel, Cable in the tiers list (at #5) for MVC2. That cannot be argued, I don't know why you even think Strider is not top 10 in MVC2. In MVC1, Strider was top tier as in he was top 2 (Wolverine and Strider). It might be a game of 15 characters but Strider ruled those 15 characters.

The MVC2 Wolverine exception was already pointed out. I don't know about precedence or whatever.... but I am just saying it as it is. Capcom can nerf for sure but with Strider being new they don't really know how to balance him other than give him low health. And if Strider ends up being top tier, he is probably not going to be nerfed until after EVO2k12 which is how Capcom does things.

It has more to do with character play styles and tools. Strider always had all the tools necessary to be a good character. You can only make him worse if you start taking away his tools or make them considerably worse. In UMVC3, all of Strider's tools are in but they are all buffed as hell.

Karsticles said:
I think it's possible that level 1 X-Factor provides no boost at all now, and is just a cancel. When I was watching Wolverine players do the X-Factor bnb (magic series, launch, MMH, drill claw, dive kick, X-Factor, s.H, launch, mmh, drill claw, Fatal Claw) it was failing to kill a LOT of characters that it normally would in MvC3. Wolverine's general damage hasn't changed either.
I might be inclined to agree here. I saw some combos of Firebrand/Hawkeye in LVL1 X Factor and I saw no significant boost in damage from before the combo. If the damage is increased in LVL1, it's not that high.

This is pretty much what was wanted from LVL1 X Factor to begin with.

Woo, I made my first gif! I think this is Ghost Rider.

2qdvic6.jpg

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Strider + Doom was right next to Storm, Magneto, Sentinel, Cable in the tiers list (at #5) for MVC2. That cannot be argued, I don't know why you even think Strider is not top 10 in MVC2. In MVC1, Strider was top tier as in he was top 2 (Wolverine and Strider). It might be a game of 15 characters but Strider ruled those 15 characters.

The MVC2 Wolverine exception was already pointed out. I don't know about precedence or whatever.... but I am just saying it as it is. Capcom can nerf for sure but with Strider being new they don't really know how to balance him other than give him low health. And if Strider ends up being top tier, he is probably not going to be nerfed until after EVO2k12 which is how Capcom does things.

It has more to do with character play styles and tools. Strider always had all the tools necessary to be a good character. You can only make him worse if you start taking away his tools or make them considerably worse. In UMVC3, all of Strider's tools are in but they are all buffed as hell.

Strider+Doom are not anywhere near the god 4 or the god tier assists, or Spiral and Blackheart for that matter. Strider relies on Doom for lockdown and damage, he loses Doom and he's a chicken with his head cut off. Clockwork is a great player though, just like VDO is with Ken/Rogue/Colossus. That doesn't make their character top.

UMVC3 is not final and feedback that Strider being too strong will definitely warrant nerfs.

Prototype-03 said:
Ammy is simple to really complex. I always thought viper was S tier but the high execution is killing her right now... plus the best US viper player (marlinpie) doesn't know how to block. The main question is... Is it worth learning viper when you have characters like wolverine and akuma and can kill you with x-factor? I mean, we won't see how the game will pan out because of umvc3 but it's hard to justify it at this point.

I'm REALLY excited for the toned down x-factor AND a better netcode. The x-factor nerf is an indirect nerf to some of the high tier characters.
I can't think of any high execution characters besides Ammy and C.Viper in A class who suffer because of XF. Most characters in this game are about short combos, getting in your face or interrupting your game for resets and slow damage chip.

Most other characters below S and A are not that deep or perplexing. They were mostly killed by a number of factors including shitty mobility, crappy damage, low health, wonky inputs, etc. MODOK could be a real show, but his unintuitive mechanics hurt him more than XF ever will. The same could be said for Viewtiful Joe, Felicia, Iron Man and Super Skrull.

Edit: Just noticed that you were focusing more on C.Viper. Man, I need to go to sleep...

Dahbomb

DR2K said:
Strider+Doom are not anywhere near the god 4 or the god tier assists, or Spiral and Blackheart for that matter. Strider relies on Doom for lockdown and damage, he loses Doom and he's a chicken with his head cut off. Clockwork is a great player though, just like VDO is with Ken/Rogue/Colossus. That doesn't make their character top.

UMVC3 is not final and feedback that Strider being too strong will definitely warrant nerfs.
Strider+Doom IS god level or at least the closest thing there is to it in MVC2. And Strider + Doom is definitely better than Spiral/Blackheart or any team using those characters. Sentinel/Strider/Doom is considered a legit top tier team in MVC2. Whenever a tier list for MVC2 is brought up, there are always two variations to it: God Tier= Sentinel, Storm, Magneto, Cable, Strider + Doom or God Tier = Sentinel, Storm, Magneto, Cable. Near God Tier = Strider + Doom. And after that comes Spiral, Blackheart, Cyclops, Commando, Psylocke, Iron Man etc. No matter how you see it, Strider + Doom ends up in top 5 of MVC2. It's only a different argument if we were to tier Strider or Doom differently, in which case they STILL end up on a placement higher than Spiral and Blackheart.

Agree on the point about UMVC3 being not final though.

Karsticles said:
Dormammu may be high tier in UMvC3 game. I have to scoff at the idea of assigning tiers after we have, at most, two hours of non-shit gameplay to look at and judge characters by, and even that is good players just playing with fundamentals, with no real understanding of the changes that have been made yet.

Especially when you completely neglect the serious buffs characters like Morrigan have received, and throw Wolverine all the way to low tier because...what, Berserker Slash isn't invincible anymore? At top tier play, it was his instant overhead that dominated everything anyway, and that hasn't changed. He just has to work a bit to get in now; he's definitely still a really strong character.

Tron Bonne for bottom tier? Why? Losing her highly overrated j.H spam and some invincibility on her assist is totally worth being able to cancel out of her f.H (hello, half of her bad matchups just disappeared!), which also lets her solo relaunch and combo off of all her throws solo, plus Bonne Strike now has better recovery, meaning TKed drills will be more than +1 on block!

Felicia's Rolling Buckler doesn't bounce off of opponents anymore on block, which basically means she has a non-projectile invincible Charging Star that gives her frame advantage on block, and she can use Delta Kick in the air, which now causes a ground bounce, meaning she just gained Wolverine's day 1 bnb as a new combo.

Ghost Rider for the worst character in the game? You need an entire page, right now, explaining how you could come to such an absurd early conclusion.

Trish was already high-mid to low-high tier, and she got nothing but buffs (big ones). How is she worse off than She-Hulk, who received a nerf?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. That tier list is ridiculously bad on so many levels, but the biggest one is still this: it's too early to even talk about this. Why people don't learn from MvC3 Sentinel is beyond me.

Uh... I said that the tier list wasn't organized within the tiers, and that it was a GENERAL IMPRESSION based on the time I spent PLAYING THE GAME and considering changes. You're supposed to take it with a grain of salt. This is why I don't like posting this kind of stuff, people always jump straight for the tiers or charts or whatever and start yelling without reading the explanations. I didn't want to spend a lot of time repeating the same thing for every character, so I just made a list. It's not supposed to be something to pick apart.

Ghost Rider isn't the worst character in the game, he's at the bottom because I added him after the vanilla cast that I copy-pasted.

I actually thought I had trish moved up, sorry about that.

On Tron, I might just be biased against slow characters, or it might be the fact that I use Magneto who might as well be a 10-0 matchup now, but the only thing I was afraid of before was the assist, and that's gone now. It's the same reason I moved Hsien-Ko up, she has a unique assist now, although the fact that you have to set it up keeps her from being higher on my list.

As for Wolverine, that has more to do with my obsession with making tiers based on percentages of the cast. He was mid tier before but the numbers didn't match up and I thought the other mid tiers had more potential. I've also said in the other thread that people are going to start calling half the cast upper-mid tier, and they'd be right. Ultimately, what I call low tier doesn't mean they don't have good tools or whatever. It's just a means of organization that's far from perfect or be all end all. It's just an impression. I originally had the whole thing in 3 tiers so people wouldn't bitch as much, and I guess I should have kept it that way.

On Morrigan, I watched a ton of Morrigan players in UMVC3 over the weekend. Other than the iffy "buff" being able to steal meter with a slow fireball on hit only, she gets easier combos into missiles. Big whoop. I don't see how any of this is bringing her out of the ghetto.

It's like I said, across the Marvel threads people having been bugging about this and that character moving up. But the fact is, when you look back at how many characters that really is, you're moving up the whole cast. And you wouldn't be wrong for it. That's why I didn't label my tiers SABCD like everybody else. Because frankly, it's probably only A+,A,B, B-. The spread is going to be much, much smaller than vanilla.

At top tier play, it was his instant overhead that dominated everything anyway, and that hasn't changed. He just has to work a bit to get in now; he's definitely still a really strong character.

He absolutely is a strong character. His instant overhead isn't what made him godlike, or Trish and C.Viper would be up there with him as god tiers in vanilla. It was that he had a 4-way instant mixup, and that's gone.

Karsticles said:
The thing about Magneto's Attraction is that it can backfire. In one video, a Magneto player tried to pull his opponent into his assist's attack, but instead ended up giving his opponent a happy birthday. It's a double-edged sword.
I've also noted that Attraction is NOT a spammable attack. It has to be placed very intentionally. That said, It WILL force Ghost Rider to whiff. Hell, Magneto can just keep him from using those air normals at all if he feels like it.

Dahbomb said:
I didn't see the explanation.

The thing is that Ghost Rider's j.H leads into a combo from near full screen. No other character can do that and this is day -50 technology for him. If he wasn't slow he would be the best character in the game. He can just do j.H all day while calling assists and own like 20 characters on the roster.

C.Viper can, Arthur can, Dormammu can, Wesker can. There's a lot of characters that can start combos full screen. The only difference is that Ghost Rider can do it off a jumping attack that's never going to hit anybody.

I've already explained this before, but the basic idea is that Ghost Rider's normals aren't nearly as strong as people think, his command grab is slow and there's nothing else I need to pay attention to. Look, his assist could very well bring him up depending on how well it works with say, Chris or Dormammu, but I haven't seen anybody make good use of it and again, this is just a very loose list based on impressions. It's really not worth worrying about.

Dahbomb said:
C Viper can kill with X Factor activation too it's just that her boost is less than others. That's apparently fixed in UMVC3 where everyone has the same general boosts. What it looks like to me is that the LVL1 boost is very minor (less than vanilla), LVL2 gives speed boost along with the damage boost from LVL2 and LVL3 boosts everything even more (but still less than LVL3 of Vanilla).
Hell, C.Viper can kill a sizeable portion of the cast without even using meter, let alone x-factor. She can do 800k+ damage meterless without the infinite. And then she has the infinite. Not that she needs either, she has among the best resets and mixups in the cast.

Dahbomb said:
Phoenix, Magneto and Dante are still top characters even with the "nerfs".
Magneto just wound up being a DIFFERENT top tier character, lol. They removed Magneto from the game and replaced him with Magneto.

Dahbomb said:
I found the God's Beard post about Ghost Rider:

Still doesn't sound like he is in the same tier as Captain America, Hsien Ko, Arthur, Haggar, Tron, Shuma, Chun Li etc.

At worst he sounds like a better Captain America.

Nah Cap's shield is way better than the chains. The shield stays out forever and pulls the opponent inwards. Plus Cap still has the anti-everything specials and supers, not to mention much better mobility. I dunno if he's so much better or more unique that it's worth using him over other characters, but that remains to be seen.

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Strider+Doom IS god level or at least the closest thing there is to it in MVC2. And Strider + Doom is definitely better than Spiral/Blackheart or any team using those characters. Sentinel/Strider/Doom is considered a legit top tier team in MVC2. Whenever a tier list for MVC2 is brought up, there are always two variations to it: God Tier= Sentinel, Storm, Magneto, Cable, Strider + Doom or God Tier = Sentinel, Storm, Magneto, Cable. Near God Tier = Strider + Doom. And after that comes Spiral, Blackheart, Cyclops, Commando, Psylocke, Iron Man etc. No matter how you see it, Strider + Doom ends up in top 5 of MVC2. It's only a different argument if we were to tier Strider or Doom differently, in which case they STILL end up on a placement higher than Spiral and Blackheart.

Strider relies on Doom for everything, his tools are not good without rocks. What other "top tier" character is this dependent? Spiral, Iron Man, and Black Heart can be used with various assists because they have more useful tools and mobility.

Dahbomb said:
C Viper/Dante/Haggar is a secret top tier team of MVC3 that we will never get to see again due to Haggar's Lariat nerfs in UMVC3. The amount of technology, synergy and general top tier-ness in this team is absurd. But to make this team work, you will need to be able to play Viper as good as MarlinePie, play Dante as good as Richard Nguyen/PRBalrog and play Haggar as good as AndyOCR.

For that team, is Haggar best in anchor position, or is possible to make Haggar work with Dante's assist in some way?

Dahbomb

@Gods Beard: Those character's don't have a full screen attack that hits from the same angle that Ghost Rider does (from top corner of screen to down corner of screen). It's that angle that gives a lot of characters trouble, like Zero. Anyway not going to theory fighter on Ghost Rider anymore until I get to actually play as him.

Also Morrigan has a significant damage boost now which was one of her major weaknesses before. Now her basic magic series combos into Soul Servant OTG does over 550K approaching 600K (roughly speaking). Before she had to do some really high execution stuff to get to that number. I am also not convinced on her new fireball special, it seems rather slow to be used that often. Might be more useful in Astral Vision.

Wolverine's cross up is still going to be a powerful tool when he is actually inside and he can still use it to bait out that Advancing Guard into B Slash. And also against in-coming characters because he is under them when he crosses them up. The difference is that now Wolverine players have to be careful about using the B Slash because even if someone is mashing buttons they will end up getting punished and I am ok with this.

And yeah you shouldn't have just posted a tier list, just talked about characters being better or worse from MVC3 so people can generally have an idea.

I hear you talking about Chris being buffed... would you care to elaborate? I have heard other people talk about this too I just want this explained better.

DR2K said:
Strider relies on Doom for everything, his tools are not good without rocks. What other "top tier" character is this dependent? Spiral, Iron Man, and Black Heart can be used with various assists because they have more useful tools and mobility.
It's a team game and Strider is always used with Doom so dependency is not much of an issue. Yes it's true that Spiral/Iron Man/Black Heart have other tools with other assists but none of them are as good as what Strider and Doom have to offer.

Strider + Doom is one of those exceptions in tier lists. It's like if you tried to list those characters individually or tried to make teams using them separately... it would be a useless effort. The fact of the matter is that both of them together are so good that they compare with pairs set in the god tiers (like Magneto + Psylocke) so they get to be exceptional pair.

Anyway I don't know where this argument is going... we can both agree that Strider + Doom are competitive in MVC2 and that Strider has always been good in every MVC game he has been in. UMVC3 appears to be no exception unless there are changes in store for Strider.

Dahbomb

GhostRidah said:
Kooks like I need to hit up capcom unity and start making buff Ghost Rider threads?
While you are at it tell them to fix Iron Man.

For that team, is Haggar best in anchor position, or is possible to make Haggar work with Dante's assist in some way?
Haggar is pretty much used as the assist but if you play this team right you will never need to use Haggar on point. Any hit of Lariat leads to so much damage from both Viper and Dante, plus traps/unblockable set ups with Jam Session and relaunch combos for Viper. Haggar also takes care of the couple things that Dante is weak at and takes care of Wolverine pretty well.

Again, this all only applies for Vanilla MVC3. With Lariat no longer causing hard knockdown this is a much weaker team. Still pretty good though.

Mainly, all his specials are faster, making it easier to tag people from anywhere, and he can cancel all his gun normals into specials(like his flamethrower).

As for ghost rider, I think he's going to be one of the weirder matches for C.Viper. He'll be dancing around seismos while she dances around chains. Still, he has to come down some time and he'll get torn apart as soon as he touches the floor.

Dahbomb said:
Wolverine's cross up is still going to be a powerful tool when he is actually inside and he can still use it to bait out that Advancing Guard into B Slash. And also against in-coming characters because he is under them when he crosses them up. The difference is that now Wolverine players have to be careful about using the B Slash because even if someone is mashing buttons they will end up getting punished and I am ok with this.
I think people don't realize this because youtube and streams don't show off speed very well, but berserker slash is SLOW. Like really, really, really slow. It's about as fast as Captain America's new cartwheel. Plus, he doesn't have godlike drones or tatsu assists now, so his partners are probably going to change.

Neki

you guys all sound like god's beard in here, talking about a game we haven't even played extensively yet. theorycrafting ftl.

Dahbomb

Mainly, all his specials are faster, making it easier to tag people from anywhere, and he can cancel all his gun normals into specials(like his flamethrower).
That's weird, LLND said he didn't feel they are that much different (talking about specials being faster).

Captain America has a new cartwheel? Dude details.

And interesting detail about B Slash being slower. I much say when I saw it, it didn't seem to be that much slower but it was definitely VERY vulnerable.

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:
It's a team game and Strider is always used with Doom so dependency is not much of an issue. Yes it's true that Spiral/Iron Man/Black Heart have other tools with other assists but none of them are as good as what Strider and Doom have to offer.

Strider + Doom is one of those exceptions in tier lists. It's like if you tried to list those characters individually or tried to make teams using them separately... it would be a useless effort. The fact of the matter is that both of them together are so good that they compare with pairs set in the god tiers (like Magneto + Psylocke) so they get to be exceptional pair.

Anyway I don't know where this argument is going... we can both agree that Strider + Doom are competitive in MVC2 and that Strider has always been good in every MVC game he has been in. UMVC3 appears to be no exception unless there are changes in store for Strider.

Yes, but it you lose the doom part of the team, which happens a lot, then you have a shit team, which is why Team Clockwork is only for Clockwork. Whereas Psylocke will work with Storm if Magneto goes down. Unfortunately MVC2 is 3vs3.

You're saying UMVC3 strider will be great because he has been great in past games. Capcom wouldn't know how to properly balance characters like that, which is definitely not the case. He looks good based on what we've seen of him though.

Ultimoo said:
you guys all sound like god's beard in here, talking about a game we haven't even played extensively yet. theorycrafting ftl.
What are you talking about? Oh, you must be an ass.

Dahbomb said:
That's weird, LLND said he didn't feel they are that much different (talking about specials being faster).

Captain America has a new cartwheel? Dude details.

And interesting detail about B Slash being slower. I much say when I saw it, it didn't seem to be that much slower but it was definitely VERY vulnerable.
I just meant that his cartwheel is faster now. I could be wrong about Chris, but Chris players were saying that a lot in the lines. I don't use him much.

DR2K said:
You're saying UMVC3 strider will be great because he has been great in past games. Capcom wouldn't know how to properly balance characters like that, which is definitely not the case. He looks good based on what we've seen of him though.

At first I was excited about the orbs, but I left EVO being so hype about his wall dive. It's so good with assists it's not even funny.

Dahbomb

No I was saying Strider is good in UMVC3 because his tools have gotten better than before which were always good if you knew when/how to use them. The talk about precedence and Capcom not being able to balance particular characters was what Viscant said, I just put it out as a "hah ain't that funny" thing.

It's like how Magneto was top tier day 1 of MVC3. Whatever weaknesses he had in MVC2 (like a shitty projectile and bad shockwave) got buffed in MVC3 so it was easy to see that he would be a great character in MVC3 despite system changes.

It's theory fighting and it's awesome. Best way to pass the time when waiting for a game. I missed the days of MVC3 theory fighting when Phoenix was garbage, Wolverine was going to be very predictable 1 dimensional character and Sentinel SSS tier. GOOD TIMES!!!

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:
No I was saying Strider is good in UMVC3 because his tools have gotten better than before which were always good if you knew when/how to use them. The talk about precedence and Capcom not being able to balance particular characters was what Viscant said, I just put it out as a "hah ain't that funny" thing.

It's like how Magneto was top tier day 1 of MVC3. Whatever weaknesses he had in MVC2 (like a shitty projectile and bad shockwave) got buffed in MVC3 so it was easy to see that he would be a great character in MVC3 despite system changes.

He sucked in MVC2, so they should be better. Doom's rocks aren't going to be doing anything for him this time around.

Dahbomb said:
I was watching Filipino Champ doing flight cancel combos with Magneto at the Gamespot tournament a month before the game came out. He was trying to recreate the MVC2 ROM loop, and he got pretty close. Even though it didn't work, it was doing 500k+ damage on day -30 because he already knew how Magneto worked. So you're not wrong.

DR2K said:
He sucked in MVC2, so they should be better. Doom's rocks aren't going to be doing anything for him this time around.

HAHAHAHA

Ultimoo said:
god's beard gonna god's beard.

I don't get what your problem is. I've played the game for 400+ hours, and I've played about 10 hours of UMVC3. I've played top MVC3 players from both coasts at EVO. What do you want from me?

Uh... I said that the tier list wasn't organized within the tiers, and that it was a GENERAL IMPRESSION based on the time I spent PLAYING THE GAME and considering changes. You're supposed to take it with a grain of salt. This is why I don't like posting this kind of stuff, people always jump straight for the tiers or charts or whatever and start yelling without reading the explanations. I didn't want to spend a lot of time repeating the same thing for every character, so I just made a list. It's not supposed to be something to pick apart.
Tier lists mean something though. It really bothers me when people come up with a day one "tier list". If you think a character is looking good, just say you think that character is looking good. If you're making up a tier list, make up a tier list.

There is already a ton of confusion around newbies (and noobies) about what tier lists mean; doing this kind of stuff just creates more confusion. It's only just now, after Evo, that we can even begin to discuss MvC3's tiers.

As for Wolverine, that has more to do with my obsession with making tiers based on percentages of the cast. He was mid tier before but the numbers didn't match up and I thought the other mid tiers had more potential.
You had Wolverine in mid tier in MvC3? -_O

On Morrigan, I watched a ton of Morrigan players in UMVC3 over the weekend. Other than the iffy "buff" being able to steal meter with a slow fireball on hit only, she gets easier combos into missiles. Big whoop. I don't see how any of this is bringing her out of the ghetto.
-Higher damage
-Faster air dashes
-Faster startup on missiles and astral vision
-More maneuverability with missiles
-Meter stealing move (IMO, her most minor change; it's probably only good if you can learn how to combo into it)

He absolutely is a strong character. His instant overhead isn't what made him godlike, or Trish and C.Viper would be up there with him as god tiers in vanilla. It was that he had a 4-way instant mixup, and that's gone.
Up close, he still has 4 ways to nail you. Berserker Slash at point blank range is still really good.

Dahbomb

He doesn't need Doom's Rocks because his game plan is much different in MVC3. Before he just locked you down, now he is going to kill you straight up. Doom's Plasma beam is going to be much better for him for mix ups.

And he does NOT suck in MVC2. :D

Karsticles said:
You had Wolverine in mid tier in MvC3? -_O
No, in my UMV3 tier list, but the numbers didn't match up so I moved him down :3

I get that tier lists mean different things to different people, but I clearly stated that it was just my first impressions of character changes. Nobody should be taking it seriously. Nobody should take any tiers seriously, ever.

Dahbomb said:
He doesn't need Doom's Rocks because his game plan is much different in MVC3. Before he just locked you down, now he is going to kill you straight up. Doom's Plasma beam is going to be much better for him for mix ups.

And he does NOT suck in MVC2. :D

People say that, but I like rocks a LOT more than the beam. The beam knocks down too fast for you to use walldive as a crossup, and makes teleports require weird timings. That's why people try so hard to make Iron Man work, his beam doesn't knock down. Doom Rocks keep you in hit stun for much much longer than the beam, and it hits much faster at close ranges. It also serves as a better shield than the beam.

Neki

God's Beard said:
I was watching Filipino Champ doing flight cancel combos with Magneto at the Gamespot tournament a month before the game came out. He was trying to recreate the MVC2 ROM loop, and he got pretty close. Even though it didn't work, it was doing 500k+ damage on day -30 because he already knew how Magneto worked. So you're not wrong.

HAHAHAHA

I don't get what your problem is. I've played the game for 400+ hours, and I've played about 10 hours of UMVC3. I've played top MVC3 players from both coasts at EVO. What do you want from me?

learn to take a joke. :p

Dahbomb said:
While you are at it tell them to fix Iron Man.

Haggar is pretty much used as the assist but if you play this team right you will never need to use Haggar on point. Any hit of Lariat leads to so much damage from both Viper and Dante, plus traps/unblockable set ups with Jam Session and relaunch combos for Viper. Haggar also takes care of the couple things that Dante is weak at and takes care of Wolverine pretty well.

Again, this all only applies for Vanilla MVC3. With Lariat no longer causing hard knockdown this is a much weaker team. Still pretty good though.

oh that makes a lot of sense, thanks. I just got this game and I know a guy who actually uses viper/haggar/dante, I just didn't know the theory behind it :).

I PMed Clockworn on SRK asking him to give Molecular Shield a try, and he said he would. I typed out a ton of stuff he can do with it to try and convince him - hopefully it's not too much for him to bother reading, haha.

I get that tier lists mean different things to different people, but I clearly stated that it was just my first impressions of character changes. Nobody should be taking it seriously. Nobody should take any tiers seriously, ever.
I know what you stated, but that's why I don't think you should label it a "tier list". :p

People say that, but I like rocks a LOT more than the beam. The beam knocks down too fast for you to use walldive as a crossup, and makes teleports require weird timings. That's why people try so hard to make Iron Man work, his beam doesn't knock down. Doom Rocks keep you in hit stun for much much longer than the beam, and it hits much faster at close ranges. It also serves as a better shield than the beam.
I also like rocks a lot, and I think people overrate the beam. Yes, the beam IS good, but it also causes massive damage decay. The rocks are like a safer, more versatile Sentinel Force that doesn't provide as much pressure.

Speaking of tiers, I still think Wesker is mid tier in vanilla :)

lern 2 jump
God's Beard is gonna God's Beard.
;-)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Parallax Scroll said:
Woo, I made my first gif! I think this is Ghost Rider.

2qdvic6.jpg

Beat me to it. Please make one out of the scene where Ammy jumps on X-23's lap interrupting them, and Doom hurls the dog offscreen.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
I cannot recall the last time I saw a fight request around these parts. If you want to play then you gotta set some bait first.

:3

it's not my fault you're never on.

Karsticles said:
I PMed Clockworn on SRK asking him to give Molecular Shield a try, and he said he would. I typed out a ton of stuff he can do with it to try and convince him - hopefully it's not too much for him to bother reading, haha.

I hope you're not giving away my Strider tech >:-(

I hope you're not giving away my Strider tech >:-(
Haha, your Strider tech isn't anything unique. The stuff you're doing is exactly what I have been telling a friend of mine to do with Felicia (via Cat Dash) since pre-release, but he hates Doom so he doesn't. Molecular Shield is also the assist I use for Doom on my main team, so I'm very familiar with its virtues.

Besides, why not share info? It's one thing if you have a game-winning technique no one knows about for Evo, but this is all pretty basic.

Karsticles said:
Haha, your Strider tech isn't anything unique. The stuff you're doing is exactly what I have been telling a friend of mine to do with Felicia (via Cat Dash) since pre-release, but he hates Doom so he doesn't. Molecular Shield is also the assist I use for Doom on my main team, so I'm very familiar with its virtues.

Besides, why not share info? It's one thing if you have a game-winning technique no one knows about for Evo, but this is all pretty basic.
HATES DOOM?

And I was just joking about my super secret tech, but come on son. Hates Doom? And you call them a friend?

Barrage

People shouldn't be sweating Strider being broken this early. I still remember people thinking Trish needed to be nerfed at E3. :lol

Barrage said:
People shouldn't be sweating Strider being broken this early. I still remember people thinking Trish needed to be nerfed at E3. :lol
To be fair, the other characters in that build were like Ryu, Skrull and Chun lol. People didn't even know about Chun's crossups until like a week before release.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
enzo_gt said:
This set was fucking awesome. I love Viper and I love Viper play.

Max when can we expect your UMvC3 goodness to hit first?

Gonna try and prepare/pump out UMVC3 Marvel side breakdown with the full roster changelist so far.

LeMaximilian said:
Beat me to it. Please make one out of the scene where Ammy jumps on X-23's lap interrupting them, and Doom hurls the dog offscreen.
lmao

ijhXjU.gif

Let me know if you need it in smaller file size, I go for quality over file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom