• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

LeMaximilian said:
Gonna try and prepare/pump out UMVC3 Marvel side breakdown with the full roster changelist so far.
My dick is hard already. Been wanting to update the changelog for quite some time now. Some of those Doom buffs looked a bit shaky for sure (like Launcher being "more safe" when it was always -2 I believe).

Oh and if it wasn't clear already... I am 1000x more hyped for balance changes in UMVC3 than stages. Even in Vanilla MVC3 my most played on stage is the Training mission.

LQ

ijifG2.gif

Went to the lab and tried some new characters for the first time in months. Holy shit, my execution has improved a lot because my game with an early favorite has improved immensely.

If I can get good with them they could definitely earn a spot on my 2nd tier team. It is crazy how much of a difference some tough matches can make when it comes to improving control and reaction time.

Now I'm all excited about new strategies and DHC synergy!
Parallax Scroll said:
damn it I just finished mine
Let us not get into the habit of quoting the big gifs in a thread that moves at a snail's pace. It makes loading take forever.

SolarPowered said:
Let us not get into the habit of quoting the big gifs in a thread that moves at a snail's pace. It makes loading take forever.
You already have to load it anyway. Does it make a difference if it's displayed twice?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LeMaximilian said:
Strider isn't broken. If anything, his status is very similar to MVC2. Good offensive battery character, but he dies FAST.
Yup I agree with this, from the stuff I seen. (and no one really good has even used him for reals yet) Firebrand looks even more stupid, he as has pretty decent hp on top of that. Oh and he also has a slightly altered Arthur fire bottle assist -.-

_dementia said:
QisTopTier was right all along D:
LOL Maybe I should start posting my notes and analysis I type up to myself about why such and such works and will work fine. But I'm lame and rather leave all that info to me and Proto. :p

Anth0ny

Stupid question: is it worth learning tron/haggar at this point? The meta game at this point is pretty clearly high tier character/high tier character/god tier assist, but with Ultimate coming out I'm not sure I want to rely so heavily on setups that simply are not going to exist in the new game.

Then again, someone's leaving my team for Phoenix Wright no matter what.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anth0ny said:
Stupid question: is it worth learning tron/haggar at this point? The meta game at this point is pretty clearly high tier character/high tier character/god tier assist, but with Ultimate coming out I'm not sure I want to rely so heavily on setups that simply are not going to exist in the new game.

Then again, someone's leaving my team for Phoenix Wright no matter what.
It's still worth it, it's not like the execution skill you gain along the way goes away from learning them. Plus it gives you combat exp with clunky characters.

Oh and god's beard, Are you saying Taskmaster is going to suck in UMvC3? If that's your reasoning for Ghost Rider being bad -.-

Oh and Morrigan with the current change list is going to be A tier at the least. Kthx :D

Having a lot of fun with Trish now that I actually have a hang of how to do her combos. Also, the team DHC for Trish, Hsien-Ko and Ammy is far better than Morrigan/Hsien-Ko/Ammy.

Team hyper synergy in this game makes Chireitou the odd man out.
Parallax Scroll said:
You already have to load it anyway. Does it make a difference if it's displayed twice?
Definitely makes a difference for me, but I thought this was standard with everyone since most people never liked multiple image quotes on GAF as far back as I can remember.

Still, it is nothing to get serious about.

HATES DOOM?

And I was just joking about my super secret tech, but come on son. Hates Doom? And you call them a friend?
Honestly, I only somewhat likes Doom. It was Maximillian that made me really fall in love with the character. Marvel should hire him as a writer for a spin-off series:
"What if Dr. Doom lost his job as dictator of Latveria?"

Strider isn't broken. If anything, his status is very similar to MVC2. Good offensive battery character, but he dies FAST.
Strider fanboy trying to protect his character...I kid. I think Strider is fine - he's like a mini-Phoenix. Super low health, lots of options, but no Dark Phoenix, just Ouroboros.

Gonna try and prepare/pump out UMVC3 Marvel side breakdown with the full roster changelist so far.
Oh, like you'll pair each change with corresponding video? That's pretty amazing. Your view count would definitely skyrocket.

Yup I agree with this, from the stuff I seen. (and no one really good has even used him for reals yet) Firebrand looks even more stupid, he as has pretty decent hp on top of that. Oh and he also has a slightly altered Arthur fire bottle assist -.-
I think people are overrating Firebrand. He's definitely strong, but I don't see what's so ridiculous about him. If Bon Voyage was a command grab like some people thought, then I'd agree.

Oh and Morrigan with the current change list is going to be A tier at the least. Kthx :D
+1. Firebrand/Dormammu/Morrigan is looking good.

Team hyper synergy in this game makes Chireitou the odd man out.
Finding ways to DHC out of Dormammu outside of corners is such a pain...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
I think people are overrating Firebrand. He's definitely strong, but I don't see what's so ridiculous about him. If Bon Voyage was a command grab like some people thought, then I'd agree.

It's mostly the retarded way his dive kick and fireballs work. He's almost always going to be safe unless he fucks up majorly. Add assist to the mix and it's just... yeah.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Gonna be droping some knowledge during the next breakdown video, but I'll leave you guys with this right now.

If there's a character from the new cast that you should be worried about....Strider is NOT that character.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I actually ran to test out C.Viper / Haggar / Dante last night, after seeing Marlinpie's stream of MILFS with cheap tricks and Boxes. Doing constant Seismos is going to take forever for me to learn, but I've gotten better with TKing things, thanks to Zero's lightning loop.

crimsonspider89 said:
Let me guess, it is Hawkeye miright?

If I were willing to bet, I'd say him or Firebrand. Hawkeye seems like he has a mass amount of bullshit.

LeMaximilian said:
Gonna be droping some knowledge during the next breakdown video, but I'll leave you guys with this right now.

If there's a character from the new cast that you should be worried about....Strider is NOT that character.
Firebrand is gonna stuff his claws down everyone's mouths come November.

LeMaximilian said:

I think it's Firebrand.

Anth0ny

LeMaximilian said:

Of course it's Phoenix Wright.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LeMaximilian said:

Easily Firebrand.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:
If you aim to deceive, you are off your mark my friend, for the holy bearded knight reports otherwise :mad:
Wait you take what he says 100% seriously? Were you not around for the entire mvc3 thread? :D

Ugh, I hadn't played this online in so long I forgot how bad it could get at times. That combined with how rusty I am + team experimenting = me getting ranked down to fighter. Again. For the third time. Also, is everyone but the 1st lords and above sleeping or something? I've fought more of them today than I ever did from launch to when I switched to AE. Where the fucking hell were they when I wanted to get the achievement? -___-

How do I play Dormammu properly? I'm having trouble getting any offense started with him.

Also, note to self: Sent's frying pan is a freaking aerial attack and therefore an overhead, STOP BLOCKING LOW! >__<

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
SolarKnight said:
Ugh, I hadn't played this online in so long I forgot how bad it could get at times. That combined with how rusty I am + team experimenting = me getting ranked down to fighter. Again. For the third time. Also, is everyone but the 1st lords and above sleeping or something? I've fought more of them today than I ever did from launch to when I switched to AE. Where the fucking hell were they when I wanted to get the achievement? -___-

How do I play Dormammu properly? I'm having trouble getting any offense started with him.

Also, note to self: Sent's frying pan is a freaking aerial attack and therefore an overhead, STOP BLOCKING LOW! >__<

In regards to Dorm, Karsticles has you covered. Dorm Thread.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
QisTopTier said:
Wait you take what he says 100% seriously? Were you not around for the entire mvc3 thread? :D
I've converted to the church.

Using Thor(Mighty Spark)/Arthur(Heavenly Slash)/Hsien-Ko(Henkyo Ki) now, shit is gdlk.

It's mostly the retarded way his dive kick and fireballs work. He's almost always going to be safe unless he fucks up majorly. Add assist to the mix and it's just... yeah.
See, I think anti-air assists like Hidden Missiles, Jam Session, and Peekaboo will cause him major problems. He really doesn't have strong ground mobility options, just aerial. He doesn't have teleports to get past everything, so he still has to contend with this stuff.

Is it Hawkeye + poison arrow + snapback?

If you aim to deceive, you are off your mark my friend, for the holy bearded knight reports otherwise :mad:
Ghost Rider looks solid, but not top. Top is all about being able to open up your opponent relentlessly, and Ghost Rider looks like he just has command throws to do that. You know who else has command throws and has a hell of a time getting them off? Super-Skrull.

This may help:
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-dormammu-thread.125050/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
Ghost Rider looks solid, but not top. Top is all about being able to open up your opponent relentlessly, and Ghost Rider looks like he just has command throws to do that. You know who else has command throws and has a hell of a time getting them off? Super-Skrull.

Hahaha I know, I was just being dumb. I say he honestly looks low A or top B though. He honestly has some moves HE SHOULDNT have at all.

LOL, Ghost Rider I don't think so even though confirmed that some of his chains deflect projectiles by someone who played with him at Evo.

Thinking it is a Hawkeye, he is a zoning character who can set up an OTG drain as well as run and cross you up while staying out of distance of normals.

Thinking he will be very dangerous. Seeing him have hi/lo/left/right mixups out of the ass.

Plus he has an OTG arrow that damages you over time. THAT CAN HIT ASSISTS AS WELL!

Azure J

LeMaximilian said:
I would have thought the same thing, but it's a character nobody has seen yet, including myself.

OK, money's on Vergil or Dr. Strange for "Azure's Plausible but Mostly Fan Biased" picks and Rocket Raccoon for the wildcard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LeMaximilian said:
I would have thought the same thing, but it's a character nobody has seen yet, including myself.
Have you been... chatting up a certain Capcom special advisor hmm? :p

notworksafe

Reposted from the SSF4 thread since I'm not sure how many people check both

Two quick ideas for Fighting GAF shirts. If people like them I can send them to Evilore.

HP3Ig.png

Bd1ye.png

My PS skills aren't great so I apologize ahead of time if everyone hates them.

smurfx

get some go again
gg chavelo. if you want to play me again to get some practice in then pm if you see me online. phoenix wright is probably the character max is talking about. capcom is either going to make him real crappy or really good. since its a money maker for capcom then i'm guessing broken tier for phoenix wright.

Chavelo

smurfx said:
gg chavelo. if you want to play me again to some practice in then pm if you see me online.

oh man, sorry for the matches. Yeah, will do... just gimme a few weeks for warmup :p

Ultimoo, XBL Mahvel > PSN Mahvel. BELIEVE.

oh, that shirt design is hot. :D

Phoenix Wright to have level 5 counter move called "OBJECTION" which will either take all five bars away from opponent or turn dark phoenix back to normal phoenix. CONFIRMED.

Neki

Chavelo said:
oh man, sorry for the matches. Yeah, will do... just gimme a few weeks for warmup :p

Ultimoo, XBL Mahvel > PSN Mahvel. BELIEVE.

oh, that shirt design is hot. :D

well if solarpowered can beat smurfx or chavelo can beat smurfx, then by extension, ultimoo > smurfx? :p

Chavelo

Ultimoo said:
well if solarpowered can beat smurfx or chavelo can beat smurfx, then by extension, ultimoo > smurfx? :p

lol, i didn't even won a match on smurf, and when this solorpowered fight happen that you are talking about? Must be just talk like all the talk ya do. :3

Ultimoo <3

smurfx

get some go again
kirblar said:
They had $100 GC offers going around at christmas time- you should be able to get it for that price sometime.
i read a rumor on the gaming side that its going to have a price drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom