• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Kimosabae said:
Million Carats is actually what I meant
You might want to check out Isedelica combo videos. That player likes to use unorthodox Dante moves in combos.

Is it just me or was all the new technology at EVO based around Dante players? There was some crazy shit going on.
PRBalrog's secret Dante technology was the stuff of legends. No one read that shit not even Viscant. Too bad he didn't capitalize on it as much as he could have, might have won EVO.

Also X Ray's Ammy ground bounce technology. People were on their feet.

There was a Dante player who had some sick lockdown using his assists.

I can't remember who it was, but I've never seen a Dante play like that before.

Kimosabae

Banned
I've got so much Dante and Iron Man shit that I don't see anyone else doing. Too bad the online for the game is such garbage.

Once I get a new ride, I'm gonna head out to ZP more and stop being a stream monster on Monday nights.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
Q=Ultimoo>Smurfx>Solarpowered>PSN GAF>360 GAF

360 GAF does have more variety though.

Q is getting blown up by tron assist. If I beat him a couple more times, you might have to change that equal sign. ;)

I bet most of the players lost because of the psychological factor. Here they are at the world's biggest fighting game tournament and they are fighting an eight year old instead of ChrisG, MarlinPie or Viscant. It gets even worse when the booing starts only because you are trying to win like anyone else.

Must be a real mindfuck.

SolarPowered said:
I bet most of the players lost because of the psychological factor. Here they are at the world's biggest fighting game tournament and they are fighting an eight year old instead of ChrisG, MarlinPie or Viscant. It gets even worse when the booing starts only because you are trying to win like anyone else.

Must be a real mindfuck.
Only if you like kids.

i'm having a blast with viper/dante/haggar.....for anyone thats interested there is an incredible haggar combo video on iplaywinner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrbFQ9Jr0jM&feature=player_embedded

I just finally got that big ass combo to work that I posted on here a few days back, holy crap is that hard to pull off well, but I can do it two times straight at least.

Also, here's a guy absolutely wrecking with viper/dante/haggar starting at 48:00. His name is Chrisis:

http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner/b/290150406

Kimosabae

Banned
Is that really a My Little Pony FG developed, published and placed in the wild? Or is this some kind of Mugen-ish type hack or something?

LakeEarth

Kimosabae said:
They should be streaming Marvel. Mugetsu (Rogue Yoshi) should be in attendance. He's got a disgusting Dorm/Dante/Haggar team.
I was just thinking about putting together that team! I should take notes.

Kimosabae

Banned
SolarPowered said:
Dudes are really out of touch.

Fighting games dead in 2008?? LAWL. Even if you used the competitive scene alone as a measure for the genre being dead, that's a bad statement.

Everyone seems to think that because there were no Capcom 2D fighters that the 00s were a complete dark age for the genre. It was limping on 3D fighter popularity and generally niche, but to call it a "dead genre" is just wrong.

I got a Jaxel shoutout.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sweet, some appreciation for the X-Men: TAS. Now that I'm done school for the summer, I'm about to go do a run-through of the entire 5 seasons of the series that I've been waiting to do.

EDIT: Oh god I'm having a 90s nostalgia trip.

enzo_gt said:
Sweet, some appreciation for the X-Men: TAS. Now that I'm done school for the summer, I'm about to go do a run-through of the entire 5 seasons of the series that I've been waiting to do.

I'm loving this lol. They are just going through my childhood shows and it's awesome!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
enzo_gt said:

I watched some of that on Youtube not too long ago. All I remember is:

1) Jubilee is such a worthless piece of shit, lol.
2) I had no idea who Banshee was when he was introduced, so when he threw himself off a cliff voluntarily and started screaming I just started laughing hysterically.
3) There's this one episode where Cyclops just nonchalantly destroys a building in the middle of a city block to make a point to some kid.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sixfortyfive said:

2) I had no idea who Banshee was when he was introduced, so when he threw himself off a cliff voluntarily and started screaming I just started laughing hysterically.
3) There's this one episode where Cyclops just nonchalantly destroys a building in the middle of a city block to make a point to some kid.
Holy shit I don't even remember Banshee being in there. Probably was a worthless character too.

Lmao @ Lariat > punches working THREE TIMES IN A ROW and the punches whiffing THREE TIMES IN A ROW.

Sixfortyfive said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pBbtmAr48A

Kimosabae

Banned
People still haven't figured out that the Devil Trigger set is just DT -> Dash? I think people have actually been doing that a long time. I'm pretty sure Evo wasn't the first place I saw that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
_dementia said:
Was that a reset or did it combo?
I believe the hyper connected, and it did indeed combo. Need to see that again.

EDIT:
YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE hahahaha

That was a great ending to a great set. Some of that play was fantastic. Shout outs to Josh Wong using MastaCJ's team and beasting with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lazy vs Crazy said:
Bolo coming up on stream. Haven't seen Josh Wong in a while.
When this stream is recorded you should go back and watch his first match of the night. I forget who he was up against, I think MaxOut, but it was pretty good, a lot of high level play.

I really like The Break weekly. It's the most amusing of all the streams, and has some of the most character variety. From the commentary to the random discussions, it's all great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tiger uppercut said:
All of that stream footage starting from 48:00 needs to be archived for all vipers, that's some crazy shit.
After watching MarlinPie's tutorial on Viper, I'm not sure what real life is anymore, and why hundreds more don't pick her up. When he uses her he makes it look like she has no cons at all to her game.

mr. puppy

Banned
enzo_gt said:
After watching MarlinPie's tutorial on Viper, I'm not sure what real life is anymore, and why hundreds more don't pick her up. When he uses her he makes it look like she has no cons at all to her game.

wheres his tutorial at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom