• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

NotLiquid

I find it fascinating that Captain Marvel is the "rival" to Ryu. Wouldn't it have been Captain America instead? Capcom's two most known characters going up against the two de facto Avengers leaders?

I wonder who Morrigan's rival would be.

Tizoc

The opposite for me, I dislike MVC3's shadowing style with a passion, and hope they go for a normal look like this trailer. And this is coming from someone who usually loves cel shading, I just don't like the variant used in MVC3 at all.

I liked the colors in MvC3 a lot though, personally.

PSqueak

Banned
I find it fascinating that Captain Marvel is the "rival" to Ryu. Wouldn't it have been Captain America instead? Capcom's two most known characters going up against the two de facto Avengers leaders?

Because they wanted hype with new characters, so they put one face (Ryu, Iron Man) and one hype generating new character (The long requested X, and the widely expected Captain Marvel) per side.

Yeah I can agree with that. Think we'll see a lot more of the game at Capcom Cup, they just wanted to quench our appetite for the showcase tonight.

I personally like the detailed characters and the slight bit of realism added to them. I'm sure the game will progressively look better as time goes on before release.

03_mvcinfiniteimage01.jpg
I get the impression that they're supposed to look like toys/action figures.

pizzacat

Banned

Doctor strange

Again

kunonabi

I prefer 2v2 so I'm fine with going back to it. The Infinity Gems were cool in Marvel Super Heroes so I'm interested in how they handle them for this.

Very happy to have Captain Marvel in and she actually looks good unlike most of her recent comic depictions.

If they record Chris Evans yelling Final Justice for this I'll buy all the DLC.

Neoxon

Scarlet Witch, maybe?
Scarlet Witch may be a bit difficult for Capcom to obtain. For reference, not even Avalanche could get her (or Quicksilver) for Disney Infinity 3.0. Though seeing as TT was able to for Lego Avengers, I guess it's not entirely impossible.

Jawmuncher

Really hope extended means more characters, or at least character teases.
They didn't even give us silhouttes like we got with MVC3

Apathy

This is going to be marketing for Marvel. People know Captain America. This is a time for them to push some of their upcoming projects up to the front

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Good take it back to the marvel vs streetfighter era. All that assist/strikers flying across the screen bullshit needs to end. It was fucking stupid when they introduced it in the first marvel vs capcom and all its follow ups.

PSqueak

Banned
Scarlet Witch may be a bit difficult for Capcom to obtain. For reference, not even Avalanche could get her (or Quicksilver) for Disney Infinity 3.0. Though seeing as TT was able to for Lego Avengers, I guess it's not entirely impossible.

I think the key here was that one was Avengers branded, so they allowed roster from the movies bearing that name, while they cockblock crossover games.

cordy

Banned
Yeah...

I gotta agree with the theory that the guy at the end is Sigma. Looks way too much like him. Man, if they give us X and Sigma in the same game, even if Sigma isn't playable idk what i'll say. Just the other week the idea of Sigma even being in a non-X game was insane let alone like this. Sigma/Ultron for the win. Put base Sigma as a regular character and we good.
I doubt he'll be that versatile, think Megaman and Volnut, you'll switch between a handful of weapons instead of having 8.

We'll see but I think it'll be similar to Zero. Give him a lineup to use and depending on what he does that's what his movelist is.
Well he certainly needs his Shoryuken. Maybe his Hadouken while he's at it. Probably at least one each of an ice and lighting weapon as well. He also needs his Force/Ultimate Armor Giga Attack as a super move: the forward energy dash one.

Yep I agree. Would be nice. I look forward to his wall grabbing.

On one hand I'm so excited to see a new MvC but on the other as a SP player SFV has left a very bad taste in my mouth so I gotta keep my expectations in check when it comes to Capcom fighters.

At the very least, they are saying the right things with this game when it comes to SP features so we'll see how this will turn out.
Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.

PSqueak

Banned
I think it's because it was so fast.
It more or less went "Heres two character this is new marvel" and then got the fuck out.

Well, just knowing the game is coming is hype, plus they left with the promise of a better trailer and gameplay later today, so it was an apt teaser anouncment.

Long Time Support? Who said that?

Not stated but people are getting vibes of a KI or SFV styled Season system with constant roster updates, which would not be strange for marvel given a lot of their current games in mobile and pc follow this style.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";225932336]It's Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter 2. 2v2 with Gems.[/QUOTE]

This is also fine with me

Jawmuncher

Yeah...

I gotta agree with the theory that the guy at the end is Sigma. Looks way too much like him. Man, if they give us X and Sigma in the same game, even if Sigma isn't playable idk what i'll say. Just the other week the idea of Sigma even being in a non-X game was insane let alone like this. Sigma/Ultron for the win. Put base Sigma as a regular character and we good.

We'll see but I think it'll be similar to Zero. Give him a lineup to use and depending on what he does that's what his movelist is.

Yep I agree. Would be nice. I look forward to his wall grabbing.

Sigma is in Project X Zone 2 along with Vile and Zero.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kenneth Bradley ‏@KBradJStorm 1h1 hour ago
Bout to give @TheComboFiend the work in HIS game on PS4 BABY!!!!!! Let me wreck this fool right quick!

CyxoPKyUsAAR5yQ.jpg

"his" game, ps4 version of UMVC4 or Infinite? :3

its probably ultimate since its at PSX

Capcom Fighters ‏@CapcomFighters 14m14 minutes ago
Don't miss the first look at #MVCI gameplay tonight at #CapcomCup. A special extended gameplay trailer will air tomorrow on ESPN2!

Someone want to explain why this is so hyped on Gaf? Is it just cause we're all a bunch of nerds who like Capcom and Marvel or is there something to this game that makes it interesting to people like me who aren't good at traditional fighting games.

Top Bottom