• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Menitta

You're thinking of Groot.

img-1896643-1-godot2.gif

Damnit

Zaverious

Didn't Nitsuma considering adding Godot back in TvC and considered making him do really crazy stuff like shoot lasers from his visor? I seem to recall this being a thing.

I don't remember that. I know that Franziska and Phoenix were considered but they didn't know what to do with him and they didn't want her to represent Ace Attorney before Phoenix so they were both cut.

I don't really even care who gets in the game (I play characters based off their moves rather than where they originate), but this thread (and subsequent threads) are going to be so much fun to read day in and day out for the next year. Cheers!

Unless the gameplay they show tonight sucks. Then we just burn everything down and laugh at Capcpom.

I don't remember that. I know that Franziska and Phoenix were considered but they didn't know what to do with him and they didn't want her to represent Ace Attorney before Phoenix so they were both cut.
Yo if they've almost added prosecutors before we should for sure get Blackquill. That moveset potential and theme song.

I know about Karma and Wright, I just thought Godot was at one point considered too but didn't make it very far. Perhaps not.

Beckx

I don't really even care who gets in the game (I play characters based off their moves rather than where they originate), but this thread (and subsequent threads) are going to be so much fun to read day in and day out for the next year. Cheers!

Unless the gameplay they show tonight sucks. Then we just burn everything down and laugh at Capcpom.

i fire up the game, play characters i like, realize that i am so horrible with them i am shaming them, and then switch to the character i hate and that is butt-ugly, but was designed for bad kids to play. :(

Neoxon

If those gems are even half as bad as what we got in SFxT then I'll say the UMvC3 port was the real good news today
There's only 6 Infinity Stones (like in the Marvel comics), so it'll be closer to Marvel Super Heroes than Street Fighter x Tekken.

Gartooth

I'm so glad that Mega Man X was confirmed right away so that we don't have to go through a hype cycle worrying about a Mega Man making the roster. If we had one in UMvC3 I would consider the roster for that game to have been perfect.

With that out of the way though I am really having a hard time coming up with Capcom newcomers that would cause me to get insane hype. Sissel would probably be the only one but I really doubt we are getting him.

For the Marvel side I do hope we get some curveball non-MCU characters since having the "wait him!?" reaction always makes the hype cycle fun. I just hope we get more Spider-Man characters this time!

Just had a thought. Does the flurry of punches done by Carol might be an indication she really is getting Rogue's moveset? I initially thought Time Gem (yeah I'm one of those guys just can't get used to saying Stone) > A Groove Chain Combo mode.

Neoxon

Just had a thought. Does the flurry of punches done by Carol might be an indication she really is getting Rogue's moveset? I initially thought Time Gem (yeah I'm one of those guys just can't get used to saying Stone) > A Groove Chain Combo mode.
Solid theory, & Carol taking up most of Rogue's moveset would make sense.

Well it would make sense that she would have some of Rogue's moves, considering Rogue stole her powers/memories.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I decided to make a new discord for MarvelGAF out of hype. I welcome any players and fans (experts, casual, speculation fans, etc)

quote this post to get an invite

Khezu

If Carol is going to be in the game, I hope she plays nothing like Rogue.

At least use her interesting powers and make her more then just a bruiser.

Hell make her a keep away character with obnoxiously flashy beam attacks.

She did some Binary shit in the intro, so go full into it.

Ryce

Danvers possesses superhuman strength and durability, can fly at roughly six times the speed of sound, retains her sixth sense, and can discharge explosive blasts of radiant energy, which she fires from her fingertips. She also demonstrates the ability to absorb other forms of energy, such as electricity, to further magnify her strength and energy projection, up to the force of an exploding nuclear weapon.

That sounds a lot like UMvC3 Nova. I wonder if he’s being cut. I can’t imagine two flying, energy-absorbing cosmic heroes on the starting roster. The Versus team hates overlapping character archetypes — it’s why Punisher and The Thing didn’t make the cut for MvC3, among others.

Neoxon

If Carol is going to be in the game, I hope she plays nothing like Rogue.

At least use her interesting powers and make her more then just a bruiser.

Hell make her a keep away character with obnoxiously flashy beam attacks.

She did some Binary shit in the intro, so go full into it.
I'm sure Captain Marvel will get a lot of her own moves, projectiles included. We're mainly saying that getting a good number of Rogue's moves on top of that would make sense.

That sounds a lot like UMvC3 Nova. I wonder if he’s being cut. I can’t imagine two flying, energy-absorbing cosmic heroes on the starting roster. The Versus team hates overlapping character archetypes — it’s why Punisher and The Thing didn’t make the cut for MvC3, among others.
This is why I'm suggesting to incorporate some of Rogue's moves, to set Carol apart from Richie.

I'm so glad that Mega Man X was confirmed right away so that we don't have to go through a hype cycle worrying about a Mega Man making the roster. If we had one in UMvC3 I would consider the roster for that game to have been perfect.

With that out of the way though I am really having a hard time coming up with Capcom newcomers that would cause me to get insane hype. Sissel would probably be the only one but I really doubt we are getting him.

For the Marvel side I do hope we get some curveball non-MCU characters since having the "wait him!?" reaction always makes the hype cycle fun. I just hope we get more Spider-Man characters this time!

Trying to think of such a character......

Ah I got it

Spitfire- A vampire with super speed

these might do that.

of course, most of my wishlist would probably make non-comic readers go huuuuuh?

You telling me that you wouldn't be hype for Asura?

How about Rashid?

Gene from God Hand?

A Powerstone or Rival School rep?

Ryce

My only roster request is that as many characters return from UMvC3 as possible. I'd also like to see more wacky, non-humanoid newcomers.

Neoxon

My only roster request is that as many characters return from UMvC3 as possible. I'd also like to see more wacky, non-humanoid newcomers.
With the rumored MCU focus on the Marvel side, I wouldn't be surprised if said Marvel side is mostly comprised of safe MCU choices like Iron Man, Captain America, & Captain Marvel (with a few current rising stars from the comics like Ms. Marvel). The Capcom side on the other hand is a big-ass wild card.

Veedot

Not feeling the trailer so i'm really looking forward to gameplay, also slightly unrelated but I guess DMC5 not happening PSX?

Gartooth

You telling me that you wouldn't be hype for Asura?

How about Rashid?

Gene from God Hand?

A Powerstone or Rival School rep?

I bet Gene and Asura would be nuts to play as in the game. But I was just talking from a fanservice point of view. I never played the origin games of anyone in that list except for Rashid. :p

Gartooth

Trying to think of such a character......

Ah I got it

Spitfire- A vampire with super speed

these might do that.

of course, most of my wishlist would probably make non-comic readers go huuuuuh?

Last one in the list is Fixer right? I think having a Thunderbolts character would be a really cool surprise since a lot of people are predicting MCU characters or Inhumans.

Yo you know you want that Zack and Wiki

With the rumored MCU focus on the Marvel side, I wouldn't be surprised if said Marvel side is mostly comprised of safe MCU choices like Iron Man, Captain America, & Captain Marvel (with a few current rising stars from the comics like Ms. Marvel). The Capcom side on the other hand is a big-ass wild card.

Then again we don't exactly know ALL the villains/characters involved in Captain Marvel, Black Panther, AntMan and Wasp, Punisher, Defenders (ish...), Iron Fist, etc.

Plus rumored/unreleased stuff like the Runaways, New Warriors, Cloak and Dagger, Inhumans, etc.
so there might be some surprises like with rocket raccoon and strange in MVC3 even if we're completely focused on the MCU

KAL2006

Banned
Some character ideas

Marvel Villains
Loki
Venom
Thanos
Ulton
Mandarin

Capcom Villains
Sigma (Mega Man X)
Gill (Street Fighter 3)
Asura (Asuras Wrath)
Jedah (Darkstalkers)
Monster (from Monster Hunter)

Marvel Heroes
Black Panther
Scarlet Witch
Groot
Star Lord
Blade
Ant Man
Black Bolt
Daredevil

Capcom Heroes
Maximo
Ryu (Breath of Fire)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Akira (Rival Schools)
Captain Commando
Wayne Holden (Lost Planet)
Soki (Onimusha)
Edward Falcon (PowerStone)

Last one in the list is Fixer right? I think having a Thunderbolts character would be a really cool surprise since a lot of people are predicting MCU characters or Inhumans.

Yup, Fixer. Not only is he a crazy choice, he'd fight really weird too. I'd love to see what Capcom could do with him

shaowebb

Man I wonder how Captain Marvel's specials and supers are setup? Beams? Nova dashups? Self Buffs like Iron Fist? Flight Cancels and Triangle dashing?

So many questions tonight.

Top Bottom