• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Has anyone dealt with lag switchers on PC yet? Was planning on posting this yesterday but was too tired. Had a match against X and Zero and the moment I went into a combo things got suuuuuper sluggish, causing me to drop it once I got into the air, which afterwards everything went back to normal. This occurred a few times in T7 and was just curious if anyone else encountered this. lol

Dahbomb

If one Infinity Stone does get picked more than all of the others, do you have a plan to make the less appealing stones more attractive?

We would have to investigate why that Infinity Stone is being selected. If it’s because players feel it complements most characters, then that’s player choice, which we really don’t want to dictate. If it’s because the Stone has a tactic tied to it that’s blatantly unfair, in which there’s no counter to, then that’s something we may have to adjust. At this moment in time however, I don’t see any Stones that stand out as head and heels above the others. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses.
This pretty much confirms that if one Stone or the other is too good then they will be nerfing it.

This interview was done in September 21st though, before the SCR tournament

Dartastic

Are these still a freebie alongside Homecoming?
I would also love a costume code as a Spidey main as well. Either platform, as I double dipped.

Also, why the fuck did Capcom not show this off themselves? Why are we relying on a GAF user to get us screens? Smdh.

Jawmuncher

I would also love a costume code as Spidey main as well. Either platform, as I double dipped.

Also, why the fuck did Capcom not show this off themselves? Why are we relying on a GAF user to get us screens? Smdh.

PR on this game has been a disaster.
Hell no one even knew about the deal to get it until we literay saw it on the store. Don’t think the twitter even mentioned it.

JayEH

I would also love a costume code as Spidey main as well. Either platform, as I double dipped.

Marketing team abandoned ship after e3...

Dartastic

PR on this game has been a disaster.
Hell no one even knew about the deal to get it until we literay saw it on the store. Don’t think the twitter even mentioned it.

Marketing team abandoned ship after e3...
It’s a fucking travesty. If this game had halfway decent marketing they could have easily dealt with a good deal of the bullshit that the game has had to endure due to piss poor marketing. I genuinely wonder how many sales their terrible pr has lost them.

EDIT: I have fight request on as I do homework and it's been 30 minutes since my last match. What the hell is up with the matchmaking in this game?
Happens to me sometimes. I just go back to character select and pick again and then it goes back to normal. Usually takes 30 seconds or less to get a match.

Apparently it can be purchased for $3.99 if you didn't pre-order the movie? At least that is what someone is telling Max on twitter. Can't confirm for myself.

kirblar

so the pre order costumes being wave 2 still makes no sense...

Guess they signed a long term deal with the retailers.
Nah, keeps em exclusive for longer. Makes perfect sense.
Apparently it can be purchased for $3.99 if you didn't pre-order the movie? At least that is what someone is telling Max on twitter. Can't confirm for myself.
Yeah, announced alongside the preorder announcement.

This pretty much confirms that if one Stone or the other is too good then they will be nerfing it.

This interview was done in September 21st though, before the SCR tournament
I'd like it if they made me give a shit about the mind stone. I tried to fuck with it, but it's just not working out.

Dahbomb

Mind stone has worse scaling that command grabs in this game and command grabs have pretty bad scaling in general.

Mind Stone also doesn't help you in the neutral at all unlike the other stones. And the Storm bonus isn't all that when you can't build meter during hyper animations and stuff. Meter in this game is not that hard to come by.

I saw a cute combo with Zero's LVL3 and Dorm on Twitter though.

kirblar

Mind stone has worse scaling that command grabs in this game and command grabs have pretty bad scaling in general.

Mind Stone also doesn't help you in the neutral at all unlike the other stones. And the Storm bonus isn't all that when you can't build meter during hyper animations and stuff. Meter in this game is not that hard to come by.

I saw a cute combo with Zero's LVL3 and Dorm on Twitter though.
The free L3 makes the meter gain really silly! The brain goggles, they do nothing.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah the combo with 3 of Zero's Level 3's was amusing, but otherwise Mind Stone seems kinda limited. I'm sure it'll find some use somewhere but as it is right now it's gonna be extremely niche.

Dahbomb

The free L3 makes the meter gain really silly! The brain goggles, they do nothing.
You can still double dip you. Regular lvl3, another lvl3 that you gain back from Mind stone and then the free lvl3 from the Stone.

But like... realistically who can actually do that many LVL3's in a row? Only Arthur and Zero. Firebrand can burn 4 meter pretty fast and then another on the free LVL3 cinematic, that's about.

Extremely limiting.

jett

D-Member
What does X's armor do?

I wish this game explained anything or came with an instruction manual for some stuff. The tutorial is okay but it's very general stuff. I was stumped for the longest time wondering what to do with Strange's floating orbs.

JayEH

What does X's armor do?

I wish this game explained anything or came with an instruction manual for some stuff. The tutorial is okay but it's very general stuff. I was stumped for the longest time wondering what to do with Strange's floating orbs.

Not everyone can be ASW unfortunately.

VariantX

Not everyone can be ASW unfortunately.

Its weird that they don't have a character explanation. SFV even finally gave character specific breakdowns so you have a basic understanding of what you character can do and what to expect to have to learn.

Skilletor

rofl I remember that.

Then I remember getting DP'd even when I was trying to bait the DP because wtf @ Leo's DP range.

But these days I actually have a safejump follow-up. =D

Who are you liking in MvCi?

Captain Marvel, Gamora, Thanos is who I've been using.

I only recently realized that I can use Strider without help, so now I'm excited to start learning him. I want to try out X for some anti reality gem stuff.

Dahbomb

What does X's armor do?

Buffs up his special moves and his fireball hyper.

Ryce

so will that cpt marvel ps4 costume not be available to purchase at all? Wondering if i should get rid of it, not really a fan
It'll probably be purchasable with the rest of the Wave 2 costumes sometime next year. But there's really no point in getting rid of it since every PS4 copy comes with one.

Top Bottom