• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I miss TACs. I miss being able to mash out ABCS->ABCS+Direction->ABCS+Direction->ABCS and gain metre/do some damage. I can never get the tagged characters to OTG to keep a simple magic series going. :|

jett

D-Member
da damage

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlightedCallousMallardRitzMitz

This is the equivalent of going to the gym, watching some dude dead lift 500 lbs and then you think "damn I am here lifting 50lbs... smh". You have to work on your own progress, don't be ashamed of starting with the magic series.

lol more like I'm barely lifting the bar. I know it's just that high level marvel play is just so different from high level SF. The game transforms into something completely different.

So, I've come to a conclusion about Dorm's thorns. I think they need to be nerfed. Since I don't have a TON of experience against them yet I don't want to go too crazy with the nerfs on them, but I do think allowing him to tag out and maintain a full spell charge to pull out the thorns is just too crazy.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah those are getting nerfed lol

You think so? I think its due to a piercing property being applied. Same as Arthur with armor. Worked the same in mvc3 I think but projectile durability isn't a thing in this game.

Dahbomb

There's like 10 things wrong with that Thorns move. I am pretty sure if they nerfed one or two aspects of it then it would still be too good. I have no idea how they should even go around "fixing" that move.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
There's like 10 things wrong with that Thorns move. I am pretty sure if they nerfed one or two aspects of it then it would still be too good. I have no idea how they should even go around "fixing" that move.

Maybe Dorm getting hit could cancel the move. Or maybe it shouldn't bring opponents towards him? Could it last less? Does the move OTG? Are there any downsides from always using it over other spells?

Dahbomb

You think so? I think its due to a piercing property being applied. Same as Arthur with armor. Worked the same in mvc3 I think but projectile durability isn't a thing in this game.
Thing is that why are Gamora's projectiles on the same tier as Arthur who has to pay a bar (and then additional negative penalties) for that ability? This is like the argument of Captain Marvel vs grapplers where she gets the passive armor without any of the drawbacks that comes with playing that archetype.

This is definitely not an intended interaction with Gamora. It's definitely a "they messed up one value" on the character type of problem that is an easy fix.

Maybe Dorm getting hit could cancel the move. Or maybe it shouldn't bring opponents towards him? Could it last less? Does the move OTG? Are there any downsides from always using it over other spells?
The move does OTG and it trip guards. There's no downside to the move... if you use any other spell over it then you made a mistake or you are playing the game wrong.

It doesn't just bring the opponents towards them, sometimes it takes them away and it's very difficult to tell what it will do at a given time. Then it has full trip guard ability meaning that you can't do any actions in the air while it's active and you can't be on the ground so even if you escape the thorns, Dorm is just going to sit there and charge the spells again.

I don't know what they were thinking with that move when they made it. Like 3C definitely needed a rework/buff but this is going too far.

Producer

I miss TACs. I miss being able to mash out ABCS->ABCS+Direction->ABCS+Direction->ABCS and gain metre/do some damage. I can never get the tagged characters to OTG to keep a simple magic series going. :|

you could just do magic series, launcher , air magic, knockdown and immediately after pressing air HK tag in and do launcher. Thats pretty much as basic as it can be outside of auto combo, it should work with all chars

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I feel like my madcatz stick is doing double inputs and it's causing me to lose a number of my games since I'm not able to capitalize on my combos. Going from a crouching heavy punch to super jump and for some fucking reason a kikoken comes out after the launcher. Been practicing for fucking days and have it on lock... online? Noooooope. lmao

Anbec7

Late but damn I want the Spiderman costume looks really good!
Are there any Doctor Strange combos yet? I figured that I suck at labing things up so I usually learn by watching and adapting something that I can do lol

AlexIIDX

I have no idea what to do in the neutral game. I haven't gone online, but even just playing arcade mode I'm just super jumping around like an idiot lol.

brian!

I actually think Mind Stone might see more use once people get more used to meter use in general in the game, especially for counter switching. Mind Stone's effect is probably less used for blowing a lot of bar really quickly during its storm effect but rather for stocking up on meter a couple times in a match which might let you be a bit more liberal with counter switches.

Its surge effect still feels pretty weak, though it does come out really quickly and has great range in the air.

Agree on meter usage (plus the general gameplan of using an install super for a touch into a lvl 3 combo, being able to have that as a comeback when you are at 0 meter is pretty valuable and ofc counter switching like you mentioned), plus the surge is meant for rushdown and reset setups (jab flip into air mind stone); itll see niche play for specific ideas but in terms of standalone power it's prob the weakeast. If you want to just use mind stone in the neutral you might as well just use power stone.

Dahbomb

Most accessible mechanics...?

Yah he probably should've done more research on that one LOL!

AngryJoe got reigned in by the PR lip service.

Renekton

Angry Joe says this game is tailored for casuals 😐

I'd say this game is harder than UMVC. The freeform tag system and setups make it a nightmare to get to grips with.

why is he so mad
He's not mad, HE IS ANGRY!!

x240-u6p.jpg

HardRojo

I'd say this game is harder than UMVC. The freeform tag system and setups make it a nightmare to get to grips with.

It really is lol, no LMHS magic series, crazier mixups and situations thanks to active switch and switch counter. This shit is going to be tough on casual players.

Wallach

The hell is he even talking about. What about this game was tailored for casuals?

JeTmAn81

I have no idea what to do in the neutral game. I haven't gone online, but even just playing arcade mode I'm just super jumping around like an idiot lol.

Use your projectiles from safe distance. Figure out your moves with the largest range to attack without getting too close. Figure out your moves that keep the opponent blocking the longest so you can tag in and mix them up.

remz

I don't see how L,M,H,S is inherently easier for magic series than LP, LK, HP, HK.

For me, having my hand move in one direction (up and right) was a lil simpler on my muscle memory than the zig zag it is now

not to mention most characters need you to double back and do down+hp to launch. I still mess up sometimes and try and use lk like an old marvel 3 L

Reasonable 0D3C changes:
-Getting hit causes the move to disappear.
-Reduce duration significantly.
-No longer pulls players under you while you are in the air.

It might need even more than that. The move is just astronomically better than every other Dark Spell, and it's a strong candidate for the best move in the game.

Dahbomb

Reasonable 0D3C changes:
-Getting hit causes the move to disappear.
-Reduce duration significantly.
-No longer pulls players under you while you are in the air.

It might need even more than that. The move is just astronomically better than every other Dark Spell, and it's a strong candidate for the best move in the game.
That seems weird considering the other spells still have that property.

And then who has to be hit for it to disappear? In the game, the character who made the move has to be one to get hit for the move to disappear. So Dorm would tag out and the move would stay there even if the new character gets hit.

I think they have to reduce the meter gain on it. If the move hits you as a starter it builds like 75% of a bar easy.

VariantX

Lol, I like Joe but damn, no way in hell this is casual. There's like layers of shit going on at the same time. And all to casual observers, its extremely hard to follow people who know how to really play this game at a high level.

Alucrid

Banned
Lol, I like Joe but damn, no way in hell this is casual. There's like layers of shit going on at the same time. And all to casual observers, its extremely hard to follow people who know how to really play this game at a high level.

i'd say it's hard to follow for non casual viewers too. after scr i still couldn't quite wrap my head around what was happening on screen the majority of the time.

Top Bottom