• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

R0ckman

Apparently when I gave the link to the beginner's guide, the permission wasn't there so no one could access it LOL!

This link should work for everyone now.

Again I have to warn that this guide is hella incomplete.

Not sure why the hell they never have a complete moron mode that explains everything and has you preform moves, use stones, just a break down of how everything works, with suggestions on how to use certain moves etc. To me that would be more valuable than a damn combo button. Monster Hunter has better training than this game.

They can't be arsed to make a more robust guide mode, the games will sell worse and worse.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just finished Story Mode. Akuma should really have been in the base roster.

Zissou

I think this is intentional. Which is fine, she has no way around projectiles otherwise.

But plenty of characters just have to hold that shit though? w/o guns as they are do you think Gamora would be worse off than Haggar against zoning?

you can just admit you play Gamora, it's cool

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Most accessible mechanics...?

Yah he probably should've done more research on that one LOL!

AngryJoe got reigned in by the PR lip service.

Angry Joe says this game is tailored for casuals 😐

Well, It's more accessible for casual players (at least in my local). I explained to them how to play the game and allow them to play against each other in local battles. They actually have fun with the game but I noticed that they rarely use stone function but only use stones for Infinity Storm.

Well, yes, they don't really play just like some of us did but I suppose that I could guess that casual players would stick with single players and local games with friends.

They said they actually enjoy the gameplay but they were disappointed with certain characters aren't in the game yet. At least, they are considering to pick up the games in the future.

JCX

I forgot there was a story demo, so I tried it today and enjoyed it! Expected worse given the generally negative/lukewarm tone I've heard this game discussed in. Don't like the artstyle, but the gameplay is fun.

Dahbomb

I think this is intentional. Which is fine, she has no way around projectiles otherwise.
No, she has a projectile that hits three times which is above average. If they actually fixed her guns. then her guns would still go through Reality stone. It would be in the same tier of projectile as Triple Arrow and Arthur Daggers which are good projectiles in this game.. and Gamora can throw out a barrage of projectiles AND clone herself.

Pappasman

Lost a bunch of close matches then beat one guy so bad he rage quit game 2.

I'm playing Strider and Ultron, but I don't feel they have the best synergy. I might switch to Ultron/Gamora or maybe pick a different flight character all together. Nova maybe?

Dahbomb

UltraChen are claiming ChrisG is the best UMvC3 player..
He is. There is hardly a debate there.

Ultrachen about to over MVCI very soon, their tournament results part of the show is almost over. It's going to be worth watching as they are old school FG players, commentators and enthusiasts.

ZeroCDR

Did really well tonight, finally over the MvC3 muscle memory problem. Had a few tight matches and came out on top, super satisfying.

DR2K

Banned
But plenty of characters just have to hold that shit though? w/o guns as they are do you think Gamora would be worse off than Haggar against zoning?

you can just admit you play Gamora, it's cool

I’d say Hagger is more lethal when he gets in. Grapplers should have to hold it.

My point is that there’s no basis to nerf it, as it’s just her way of getting around it and it’s most likely intentional.

Dante's Crazy Dance is messed up. Raw crazy dance no combo into level 5 Flank:

58JmoZ.gif

So the Superior Spider-Man costume officially comes out October 24, and I just got that from Sony support. I suspect that's when the rest of Wave 1 will be launched

FSLink

Banned
I don't see how L,M,H,S is inherently easier for magic series than LP, LK, HP, HK.
Missed seeing this post. Let me repeat it again, nobody thinks LP LK HP HK is harder to remember. What's harder to remember at first is that there's more command normals in this game, some characters spike down to the ground with HP or HK....in Marvel 3 your basic combo was LMHS sj MMHS and there's more variation this time around for a basic combo.

Did you preorder? If not then you wouldn't get it.
Really?

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2017/sep/14/spider-man-homecoming/1/

Says here as long as you buy it.

DR2K

Banned
No no... fuck no. Gammora is my main and there's no way this shit is ok.

.... you can be damn sure I'm gonna use it while I can though lol.

It’s not going to stop characters like Dante and Dorm from completely getting around that. Nor can she fight pressure coming from above(with her projectiles).

Seyavesh

the gamora guns are clearly a bug but what i want to know is what's going on with arthur's gold armor moves

why does goddess bracelet lose to shit while regular gold armor projectiles don't

Astral

I would kill for the ability to at least be able to execute my combos 90% of the time. It's kind of sad being surprised whenever I land a long combo. At least I'm rank 14 now.

Astral

The game isn't letting me play online. I keep getting a network error yet I'm still logged into PSN and am able to use Netflix and stuff.
EDIT: I guess it's fixed. That was weird.

liquidtmd

Banned
This game

Is so

Fucking

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Agreed.

It's genuinely a shame any future discourse on GAF in supplemental threads will just be dogpiled by

- lol it didn't sell
- lol presentation
- lol no X-Men
- lol the demo
- lol Capcom

It's really, really satisfying to play. Legitimately. I may even hit up some DLC and I rarely, rarely do that.

Most people doing that in those threads won't have even bothered to play it.

Which stone was Sonicfox using with his team? I didn't get to watch any of that tournament. I just tried space stone and that shit was hilarious. Pulling people into traps is fun as hell.

bchan555

Agreed.

It's genuinely a shame any future discourse on GAF in supplemental threads will just be dogpiled by

- lol it didn't sell
- lol presentation
- lol no X-Men
- lol the demo
- lol Capcom

It's really, really satisfying to play. Legitimately. I may even hit up some DLC and I rarely, rarely do that.

Most people doing that in those threads won't have even bothered to play it.

As someone who owns it, plays it, and is a hardcore FG player, I still bring up those things. Another fighter with great gameplay ruined by avoidable shit (minus the X-men one).

Game released with one foot in the grave when it could have been the greatest thing since sliced bread. I LIKE this game but some of the squandered opportunities here are ridiculous.

Missed seeing this post. Let me repeat it again, nobody thinks LP LK HP HK is harder to remember. What's harder to remember at first is that there's more command normals in this game, some characters spike down to the ground with HP or HK....in Marvel 3 your basic combo was LMHS sj MMHS and there's more variation this time around for a basic combo.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned...but I feel like only people who first started learning with MVC3/only played MVC3 might find this to be a real stumbling block. For people who play more than one fighting game or people who have been around a while I don't think it's something that even needs to be thought about.

Wait I don't get it did the game sell well in Japan or not?

Also wouldn't it make sense for it not to place too hot on the NPD anyway seeing as it released near the end of the month?

liquidtmd

Banned
As someone who owns it, plays it, and is a hardcore FG player, I still bring up those things. Another fighter with great gameplay ruined by avoidable shit (minus the X-men one).

Game released with one foot in the grave when it could have been the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Oh I also agree with that too. They 'are' legitimate gripes. It's just unfortunate that the discourse about the game will now dominated by them, when a really good fighting game is buried underneath.

Wait I don't get it did the game sell well in Japan or not?

The marketing for the game here was even less than internationally if that gives you an idea. While there were some last minute streams, constant uploads by Tyrant a weeks before, and various preview events... Here in Japan we got, nothing really. Trailers had subtitles on them, Capcom started uploading short (and incomplete for w/e reason) character intro videos showing some moves but they were non-voiced and had no personality.

Amazon reviews are panning it for its lack of Japanese voices (particularly for characters with JP voice actors already, they are understandable about Marvel side... though they all have actors here too), lack of characters/DLC additions, no PR and quite literally everything else we have been complaining of.

Sad part is, this game has made the Marvel lovers in this part of the country more visible but only to show their disappointment.

Top Bottom