• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Anth0ny

capcpom pls

Anyways in lighter news, I finished my Socal Regionals Top 8 Analysis video. Ended up being 11 minutes long lol, plus about 5 minutes of my handpicked favorite combos and hype moments in top 8. Rendering and uploading now, should be live soon.

Had a lot of fun watching and rewatching that top 8. For week one that shit was nuts.

Wonder how much more it would have sold in Japan if it had more than 4 female characters! Would love to see a post mortem about this game, where did it all go wrong?!

Gif him taking Frank West level 3 pls. :3

Okay I'll do it sometime after I get off work so around 2 or so CST.

Nova/Thanos has been my team so far. I've actually been doing pretty well based off of my limited matches online but after watching SCR, my shit is not MAHVEL enough.

Spencer and Strange work ridiculously well.

I've been thinking about hitting the lab with this team. Got any links to some good tech?

Wonder how much more it would have sold in Japan if it had more than 4 female characters! Would love to see a post mortem about this game, where did it all go wrong?!

Gif him taking Frank West level 3 pls. :3

Actually this a pretty big point, even though this is a mostly western board and kind of downplay japanese character designs, a lot more videogame female characters get the spotlight from the east over the years and many of them are popular. People joke about it a lot but waifus really do drive popularity, no matter the country.

sephi22

Doing the missions for Cap, Spidey, Thanos, and Hulk went a lot smoother when I put their MSH/MVC1 themes on. I felt like a kid again.
Thanos' MVC1 theme is my favorite. I love it when the farting noises come on
EDIT: Dammit you mentioned MSH. My joke got foiled. Wasn't great to begin with

Thanos' MVC1 theme is my favorite. I love it when the farting noises come on
EDIT: Dammit you mentioned MSH. My joke got foiled. Wasn't great to begin with

Bodied.

But seriously, listening to those classic themes, imo, felt like an extension of the character.

This new shit sounds generic. Marvel Games rep said the themes need to fit the characters, but I don't feel that when I hear the music.

Producer

idk how much longer will super jump -> air dash up -> photon absorber be viable, but imma keep doing it until they punish it lol

sephi22

Bodied.

But seriously, listening to those classic themes, imo, felt like an extension of the character.

This new shit sounds generic. Marvel Games rep said the themes need to fit the characters, but I don't feel that when I hear the music.
The game is unplayable to me for what they did to Spidey's theme. Him+Strange or Spidey Haggar was going to be my theme.

Am not even in USA anymore so Spotify PS4 can't save it for me

NEO0MJ

Bodied.

Classic Strider theme is so godly. When can we mod them back in on PC?

Nova/Thanos has been my team so far. I've actually been doing pretty well based off of my limited matches online but after watching SCR, my shit is not MAHVEL enough.

I've been thinking about hitting the lab with this team. Got any links to some good tech?

I don't, I just saw HiFight playing them and tried them out. Apparently palm breaker into tagged bolts is a hold dat situation they can't get out of lol

brian!

I don't, I just saw HiFight playing them and tried them out. Apparently palm breaker into tagged bolts is a hold dat situation they can't get out of lol

Teleport shenanigans with nova's homing thing should be pretty good too, air tag dat shit

Think I'll swap out ultron for Gamora with Dante. I'm ass so I need to just double down on cheap shit.

Ultron and gamora are both super od, cant go wrong with either currently

Teleport shenanigans with nova's homing thing should be pretty good too, air tag dat shit

Ultron and gamora are both super od, cant go wrong with either currently

Thought about running a coach Steve team with a nova and spencer. Ultron works well with spencer too!

MrMephistoX

psn danmaku765

we played sfv before and our connection wasnt great but im down to try with this game anyways lol

PSN ID: MrMephistoX

Side note I'm loving Jedah and Chun but Jedah absolutely needs to be on point unlike MVC3 where Chun was my main. Slightly annoying but if they patch out the dumb half circle lighting legs and buff her a bit like Capcom eventually did for SFV that might change. Jedah and Strider or Morrigan is another fun combo I'm trying to learn but always fall back to Chunster my main since the 90's.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439450

scared-gif-18.gif

brian!

Side note I'm loving Jedah and Chun but Jedah absolutely needs to be on point unlike MVC3 where Chun was my main. Slightly annoying but if they patch out the dumb half circle lighting legs and buff her a bit like Capcom eventually did for SFV that might change. Jedah and Strider or Morrigan is another fun combo I'm trying to learn but always fall back to Chunster my main since the 90's.

I run jedah second (zero/jedah team) and have success with it, but the more i play the more i feel like the team conflicts with each other. Compared to stuff like ultron/dante or dante/jedah at least.

Jawmuncher

I recognize ultron is good but he seems too...honest for me level of play lol. I want to be able to do full screen gun BS with Gamora.

I think Japanese companies rarely layoff. They'll probably just send everyone who worked on infinite to the mobile division.

Probably what he meant, since this is an even bigger bomb than AoM. On the other hand this was probably cheaper to make.

Yeah I doubt they'll lay off for this. They didn't even lay off for Umbrella Corps.
They end up just moving people around to other divisions and projects more than anything.

MrMephistoX

I run jedah second (zero/jedah team) and have success with it, but the more i play the more i feel like the team conflicts with each other. Compared to stuff like ultron/dante or dante/jedah at least.

Yeah totally need to experiment. Chun just seems so underpowered that he's a nice damage sponge and then I can get technical with her. Jedah is really really fun to play though.

Producer

i also had a chun team in umvc3 but not sure who to pair her yet in mvci. I think she needs a partner that can lock someone in so she can tri dash on them and mix them up. I was thinking gamora but not too sure. Or theres also ultron with his drones and his own projectile

Neoxon

You can probably salvage MvC:I w/ a relaunch.

It would just involve actually listening to the playerbase.
It would also involve Marvel actually listening to their fanbase (or at the very least, getting the higher-ups to not get in Marvel Games' way). But yeah, same applies to Capcom.

Jawmuncher

-Roster with all DLC charcters (With the DLC being a lot of the most requested characters especially on the capcom side).
- Touch up on the still iffy aspects of the graphics (Some faces and renders look bad still)
- New Main Menu UI
- Add Arcade Endings
- Perhaps a new shader or graphical touch on top of what we have now.

I'd buy that shit for $60 easy. Even after buying the vanilla game and more than likely this character pass coming up.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Nope. Too little too late. Theres a year worth of negativity this game cant climb out of, no matter how good the gameplay is.

Not only that but Capcoms next fighting game will pay for MvCI's mistakes, assuming they ever make another fighter.

Jawmuncher

Nope. Too little too late. Theres a year worth of negativity this game cant climb out of, no matter how good the gameplay is.

Not only that but Capcoms next fighting game will pay for MvCI's mistakes, assuming they ever make another fighter.

I think this is the one case where doing a sort of Ultimate MVC:I might be for the better (Still have the base of everything as a update though for vanilla and a cheap upgrade price for owning the original).

I think they could manage something. HOWEVER they'd need their PR team to actually do work on how big the changes are and treating it like a new game and such. With the sales being as low as they are ATM. They can afford to piss off early adopters since they're so few anyway.

F2P and a big discount would go a long way to helping the game reach a million I think. PR and admitting they fucked up too. Try to live off costumes, DLC stages/music/characters and buying characters in the F2P version. Make a full version (up to the previous season or whatever) for 40, 45, etc.

Also if this comes down on the gameplay developers themselves, that would be the cherry on top of this shit reception cake . They actually did their job and created a fun to play game, ha.

nelo_inc

This. I don't really get how a company as big and with the years of experience as Capcom,
can't just listen and respect the playerbase.

Top Bottom