• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
KI already selling more on Steam and just came out...

brian!

FU brian :(

are you trying to use fight request in training?

I get trying to get all the pokemans but i dont get trying to get all the li ming skins and limited mounts lol

But mt based games are totally thriving off of stuff like that and ppl like that

Jawmuncher

Also this was brought up in the other thread. But I bet for certain that if Ryce and Saikyo hadn’t leaked the majority of the roster. More people would be pissed off than they are now.

Can you imagine waiting months on end for the finality Of reveals being fucking Firebrand and other demons and nothing else?

Like I said in the other thread. A strong roster even leaked wouldn’t hurt a game.

Sigmaah

It's been a week since the Monster Hunter trailer, and we still don't know her release date or even if she's the first character coming. Why is Capcom so damn bad at communicating? Every little bit of news helps after such a disastrous launch.

This is probably my only issue right now.

Capcom, seriously.

Speak the fuck up. Communicate. It's the easiest thing you can do to help yourself in general and your current situation but nah let's just stay silent.

If it makes sense don't do it, is the code of life it seems...

DR2K

Banned
DOA5 as well. That game was not a success at start but once they turned it into a GAAS and started pumping out DLC for it (ie. waifu costumes) it became really successful long term.

Though I don't really think MVCI will ever follow that trend. Imagine Capcom making 30 sexy costumes for Captain Marvel... LOL Marvel would never allow that.

http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/28/de...ion-worldwide-f2p-downloads-over-3-5-million/

DOA5 sold 500k day 1. It was never in the dire situation of MVCi or even SFV. It sold 1.5 million across all versions, without F2P. F2P just added to the success of the game.

I'mma be honest.

The lack of marketing was a big issue here, brehs. My little brother (who only plays 3 games on his Xbone: NBA 2K, Gears and MAAAHVEL) didn't know the game even launched until Sunday. He bought the game but that's not the point. If they're failing to effectively reach and inform people who love the series (and are going to be their most reachable customers) but don't keep up on video game news (he doesn't go to gaming forums or seek out gaming news)...well, this is how you end up here.

And as we all know, the lack of X-Men hurts. His first questions when he loaded up the game were, "where is Akuma?" and "where is Wesker"?

As pointed out, the game is also much more difficult than MvC3 was. The change to the launcher and having to push d.HP and HK sending people to the ground instead of the special button is a massive change that continues bedevil both of us for now and the foreseeable future has soured his early experience of the game. 4 years of muscle memory takes more time for many of us than others. Whether he sticks with it or not is anyone's guess. Instead of him being a sales and hype generator among his group of friends, he will likely have no influence at all.

That said, the right DLC characters can fix most of the issues. Along with a lower price point.

ev0

Capcom has a NYCC panel and a NYCC SFV and MvCI twitch stream event next weekend.

You would think there would may be news there. Like a MH date or Panther trailer. But this IS capcpom we're talking about.

Jawmuncher

I'mma be honest.

The lack of marketing was a big issue here, brehs. My little brother (who only plays 3 games on his Xbone: NBA 2K, Gears and MAAAHVEL) didn't know the game even launched until Sunday. He bought the game but that's not the point. If they're failing to effectively reach and inform people who love the series (and are going to be their most reachable customers) but don't keep up on video game news (he doesn't go to gaming forums or seek out gaming news)...well, this is how you end up here.

And as we all know, the lack of X-Men hurts. His first questions when he loaded up the game were, "where is Akuma?" and "where is Wesker"?

As pointed out, the game is also much more difficult than MvC3 was. The change to the launcher and having to push d.HP and HK sending people to the ground instead of the special button is a massive change that continues bedevil both of us for now and the foreseeable future has soured his early experience of the game. 4 years of muscle memory takes more time for many of us than others. Whether he sticks with it or not is anyone's guess. Instead of him being a sales and hype generator among his group of friends, he will likely have no influence at all.

That said, the right DLC characters can fix most of the issues. Along with a lower price point.

That’s a good point to. Falls back on the whole “MVC is about hype” and outside the initial reveal the game never carried that

Capcom has a NYCC panel and a NYCC SFV and MvCI twitch stream event next weekend.

You would think there would may be news there. Like a MH date or Panther trailer. But this IS capcpom we're talking about.

Gonna be streams to show off more or the story mode lol

NexusCell

Not sure if I should even bother going to the panel this year.

Coda

Capcom, seriously.

Speak the fuck up. Communicate. It's the easiest thing you can do to help yourself in general and your current situation but nah let's just stay silent.

They're probably staying silent now because they realize how bad their PR is and that it's better for them to just be silent rather than say things that fuck up their situation even more like the Combofiend "functions" comment.

I agree that they should communicate with their fans a lot more but even when they do communicate it's usually never received well. Basically we're at a point where Capcom can try all they want to save the perception of the game but the core amount of gamers will shun it no matter what.

decisions

Oh i mean i dunno how fast yours is but fchamp posted a vid of him practicing mobility here: https://mobile.twitter.com/fchampryan/status/908441309299359745. Def can go accross the screen 3 secs

Honestly looks about the same when I execute it correctly, this is way better than anything else you can do on a controller for sure though no? Unless there's something I don't know about. Using the d-pad only I can maybe go half as fast as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_fNfMHwoAs

Nephtes

I wonder how down down inputs would have been received if it hadnt been leaked

They would not have been well received from me no matter what... Unless there was an option to swap them for SRK/Z-motion.

Seriously, I cannot train my brain to make this down down shit work...

brian!

Honestly looks about the same when I execute it correctly, this is way better than anything else you can do on a controller for sure though no? Unless there's something I don't know about. Using the d-pad only I can maybe go half as fast as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_fNfMHwoAs

Yeah he's on a stick, im unsure about pad but we're one week into the game. I think personally i wouldnt mind if your method was available during tourneys, i just dunno if they allow mapping like that.

FWIW, KI is tried and true legit good. And it's complete. And it's less expensive than MvCI. And it is now accessible to an audience that don't have or won't buy from Windows Store and/or don't own an Xbox.

That it is outselling MvCI should surprise nobody.

FluxWaveZ

Is there really no way to change the "Shortcut Settings" in Training mode to something other than the PS4 touchpad? The stick I'm using right now doesn't have one.

decisions

Have you tried mapping the dash command to a shoulder button?
Like lp+hp on the right bumper or something like that.

Yeah, II have it on L1, but even if I use that to dash the only way I can get it super fast is if I can use the right stick for d/b input.

Blueblur1

Capcom, seriously.

Now you too can know what it feels like being a Street Fighter V fan. :)

brian!

If you mean my question, the PS4 doesn't have a "Select" button.

Having to press Start and Restart battle each time is going to get on my nerves.

Oh i mean like the button on the left of the touchpad i dunno what it's actually called lol. The shortcut is that button, not the touchpad. If you have a binding for that on your stick for that it should work.

Dartastic

Capcom, seriously.

It's a major problem. Their PR/Marketing division is so, so terrible.

FluxWaveZ

Oh i mean like the button on the left of the touchpad i dunno what it's actually called lol. The shortcut is that button, not the touchpad. If you have a binding for that on your stick for that it should work.

The button on the left of the PS4 touchpad is the Share button. The game indicates that the touchpad is the shortcut button, and that's what I was using for them with my other stick that had one. The issue is that there is no other button that can be assigned for that purpose, to my knowledge. And that's a very dumb omission.

brian!

It shows those two squares right? (sry completely ignorant on all this stuff). It might be that my controller is borked and mapped wrong (ive opened it up a couple of times to fix stuff), but i guess the share button is what my reset button is.

Oh nm i read your post again and see what the issue is, yeah they should let you map it for sure

Jawmuncher

It's a major problem. Their PR/Marketing division is so, so terrible.

I'm assuming it's some sort of disconnect between Japan and the US.
Where they can't do anything with PR because Japan doesn't give them enough to work with.
Half the time it feels like Capcom JP won't even send shit to Capcom US until it's been leaked in Japan.
Like the RE7 Gold stuff in Famitsu and what not.

decisions

Putting movement on the right stick is a big help in this game. For down down inputs, you can do the first down with the analog stick, and simultaneously press the d-pad down and the face button you want, which is a tad faster than pressing down on the d-pad twice.

Man I wonder if you can do this at tournaments, would definitely be my preferred method of playing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lack of marketing and lack of communication are far less important than straight up insulting fanbases, incendiary statements, and half-assed models. Those did the real damage. Those are what gamers will remember and still hold a grudge about 7 years from now even if MvC:I2 or whatever on the off-chance ends up being the most robust fighting game package ever. Gamers stay bitter even if the things they are upset about change (see: like everything they added and did better with in MvC:I than before), and when Capcom drops the ball in key areas like the roster, and then pours salt in the wound with statements from Mike Evans and Combofiend (which I don't think it's blowing things out of proportion kind of were the double tap to this game), this is the result.

People were pretty upset about the MvC3 roster at the time too for diverging way too much from MvC2, but at least they had new, exciting characters. And X-Men.

We probably won't ever get an MvC game as good as (U)MvC3, TBH.

Perineum

I wonder if Capcom is willing to do what SNK did with KOF14 to update it visually.

If Dante looked like he does on the win screen in game, then that's the path they would need to go about fixing ugly characters.

The roster will be fixed as DLC is introduced so that will help that issue if they do an "ultimate" edition down the road.

As far as content on disc I guess adding simple comic book style panels to arcade endings would assist in that regard, more colors and costumes for each character is a must, WAY more and better done titles/emblems to earn and show off, and upgrade all of the interface stuff to be much more stylized and appealing ASAP.

On paper it isn't a tall order, but who knows how tall it is for the team? If it's a small team, the sales are shit, and it's all gloom and doom then uh oh spaghettios.

The pro scene is going to support this one though. As they should. Game is legit fire to play.

bubumiao

Is there really no way to change the "Shortcut Settings" in Training mode to something other than the PS4 touchpad? The stick I'm using right now doesn't have one.

If you mean my question, the PS4 doesn't have a "Select" button.

Having to press Start and Restart battle each time is going to get on my nerves.
I'm using a SFIV TE stick with a Brook's converter and my select button works as the touch pad to restart matches for training mode.

Edit: I guess this info doesn't really help you unless you decide to get a Brook's converter.

Perineum

I was going to ask this, but is there no way to just reset to neutral in training mode? I tried all buttons and checked command prompts on PS4 but couldn't figure it out. So I'm stuck throwing characters out of corner to try to practice mid screen stuff.

FluxWaveZ

I'm using a SFIV TE stick with a Brook's converter and my select button works as the touch pad to restart matches for training mode.

Edit: I guess this info doesn't really help you unless you decide to get a Brook's converter.

Using a HRAP V4. Don't even have a "Select" button on it. There is an "F-Mode" toggle, though, which changes "Options" to a PS3 "Select," but that naturally doesn't do anything.

Just another dumb move, when you'd think they'd want to accomodate stick users for this.

I was going to ask this, but is there no way to just reset to neutral in training mode? I tried all buttons and checked command prompts on PS4 but couldn't figure it out. So I'm stuck throwing characters out of corner to try to practice mid screen stuff.

Shortcut Settings > Restart. Only accessible on the PS4 if you have a touchpad button, or something that replaces it on a hardware level.

Neonep

It's been a week since the Monster Hunter trailer, and we still don't know her release date or even if she's the first character coming. Why is Capcom so damn bad at communicating? Every little bit of news helps after such a disastrous launch.

You would think that they would have learned by now. They keep doing the same thing expecting a different result. It's like they don't have a checks and balance system in place to make sure things are right.

Neonep

Lack of marketing and lack of communication are far less important than straight up insulting fanbases, incendiary statements, and half-assed models. Those did the real damage. Those are what gamers will remember and still hold a grudge about 7 years from now even if MvC:I2 or whatever on the off-chance ends up being the most robust fighting game package ever. Gamers stay bitter even if the things they are upset about change (see: like everything they added and did better with in MvC:I than before), and when Capcom drops the ball in key areas like the roster, and then pours salt in the wound with statements from Mike Evans and Combofiend (which I don't think it's blowing things out of proportion kind of were the double tap to this game), this is the result.

People were pretty upset about the MvC3 roster at the time too for diverging way too much from MvC2, but at least they had new, exciting characters. And X-Men.

We probably won't ever get an MvC game as good as (U)MvC3, TBH.

Agree. There could have been no marketing and no communication but if the product was incredible across the board we would be hearing about it to no end. I really despised that functions comment, they basically told me to forget about my favorite comic book character who I loved way before I loved Capcom games. They caused this and they along with Marvel have nobody else to blame but themselves.

brettreyu

Killer Instinct from season 1 to season 3 comes to mind. Capcom doesn't have the resources of a Microsoft (although Marvel certainly does), to invest in seeing MvC:I through to a rebound. But I'd be stunned if the game ended support/content in the same state that it's in now.

At least they nailed the game play and systems. Seemingly some tweaks to the UI and quality of life features would be relatively inexpensive and go a long way to improving people's perception of this game. Couple that with a big X-men content drop and there's hope.

I'm over it. I can talk about my disappointment with how things are going with this game, but it seems pointless right now.

I look forward to seeing the remaining DLC characters and actually hope they're quite good.

Perineum

I'm over it. I can talk about my disappointment with how things are going with this game, but it seems pointless right now.

I look forward to seeing the remaining DLC characters and actually hope they're quite good.

We can complain till the cows come home, and it's not like Capcom isn't aware of this feedback from us, the rest of the community, and review outlets.

However, it won't change shit. So, whatever. Let's all just enjoy what we got and be thankful the two things that will matter the absolute most to make us want to play this years to come is that the gameplay is awesome and the netcode is rock solid.

Unlike SF5 which fumbles in those and I could give a shit less if it's pretty or whatever else it has to offer. I prefer this end of the spectrum.

Top Bottom