• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Are there spells for when he has 1 or 2 of creation or destruction? I've not messed with Dormammu because he's always seemed too complicated, but I'd like to learn.

1D0C: Small explosion.
2D0C: Medium explosion.
3D0C: Massive explosion (covers superjump height)

0D1C: Single spike (OTGs).
0D2C: 3 Spikes (OTGs)
0D3C: Rose vines.

1D1C: Small shower.
2D1C: Erupting volcano.
1D2C: Single large meteor that explodes out.

Hopefully I got them all right. lol I haven't played the game yet.

NexusCell

Haven't they been making money? lol.

Pretty sure they still have a decently sized war chest and they are making money, just not enough money to justify the amount they spent on mobile and other ventures. Still remember how one of the investor questions at the Capcom Q&A basically boiled down to: "When will your mobile division be profitable?" and Capcom's answer basically boiled down to "Please wait."

JayEH

Pretty sure they still have a decently sized war chest and they are making money, just not enough money to justify the amount they spent on mobile and other ventures. Still remember how one of the investor questions at the Capcom Q&A basically boiled down to: "When will your mobile division be profitable?" and Capcom's answer basically boiled down to "Please wait."

Reminder they spent all their MH profits into that POS mobile division lmao.

edit:

A: LP
B: LK
C: HP
D: HK

is that the notation?

I'mma be honest.

The lack of marketing was a big issue here, brehs. My little brother (who only plays 3 games on his Xbone: NBA 2K, Gears and MAAAHVEL) didn't know the game even launched until Sunday. He bought the game but that's not the point. If they're failing to effectively reach and inform people who love the series (and are going to be their most reachable customers) but don't keep up on video game news (he doesn't go to gaming forums or seek out gaming news)...well, this is how you end up here.

And as we all know, the lack of X-Men hurts. His first questions when he loaded up the game were, "where is Akuma?" and "where is Wesker"?

As pointed out, the game is also much more difficult than MvC3 was. The change to the launcher and having to push d.HP and HK sending people to the ground instead of the special button is a massive change that continues bedevil both of us for now and the foreseeable future has soured his early experience of the game. 4 years of muscle memory takes more time for many of us than others. Whether he sticks with it or not is anyone's guess. Instead of him being a sales and hype generator among his group of friends, he will likely have no influence at all.

That said, the right DLC characters can fix most of the issues. Along with a lower price point.
This pretty much, I thought Capcom would be all over Spider-Man homecoming with trailers and marketing but... nope.
The there were no ads, no tv spots, just awful all around.

Played a FT20 with one of my friends who's into Marvel. I was doing well at first but then he chose Captain Marvel and Ultron and I started getting bopped so I thought it was time to bring out the cheap stuff and rock Dante/Dorm and I couldn't stop saying "Going somewhere?" as I was whopping him. Dorm is really fun but his rose garden has gotta be one of the first things to get nerf'd.

JAXXX

DKw-4dCXcAAILqj.jpg

Please welcome our newest marvel vs capcom player Richard Winz to the Rise Nation family!

Jawmuncher

People have been saying this since the MML3 cancellation days lol.

Hell I recall it even before that.
I think it could happen. But only because oddly enough they're one of the few Japanese companies not in some sort of partnership (Sega-Atlus, Bandai-Namco, Square-Enix). Though if it ever happens it'd probably be Tencent or something. Not a company anyone is really expecting.

FinKL

DKw-4dCXcAAILqj.jpg

Please welcome our newest marvel vs capcom player Richard Winz to the Rise Nation family!

Congrats to Richard!

You know he was hardcore because the commentors said he had grinded the Demo mode and learned Dante. He died when he was about to finish to restart to battle. Would of liked to see him take down FChamp, but that head start was too much

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why did Richard disappear from the Marvel 3 scene anyway? I remember his Dante in vanilla and it was so ridiculous.

7.1 GB update on Steam. These large updates are killing my internet monthly cap.

Edit: And its only a minor patch but still needs a 7.1 GB download. :(

A new, minor patch update has been released for the Steam version of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite that addresses the following, known issues:

Fixed issue where rankings don't display correctly after playing replays.
Improved lag encountered when using voice chat during online matches.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/493840/announcements/detail/1502371899176421742

Marvel Entertainment‏Verified account @Marvel
Learn how the @marvelvscapcom legacy was brought back to life for #MVCI in a new behind-the-scenes video!

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/913177420383039490
The responses to that tweet lol, there's maybe one positive reply. I wonder if the reception would have been different if it was called MCU vs Capcom. Probably not, it still wouldn't fix the graphics or the presentation.

source-
https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/913119172531331073

FChamp Ryan Ramirez‏Verified account
@fchampryan
Following
More
My early Top 10 chars (any order) #mvci lets see how this list change over time
Dante
Captain Marvel
Dorm
Nova
Ultron
Gamora
Haggar
Firebrand
Jedah
Zero

He also lists that Chun, Racoon, Strange, Ghostrider, Strider, Arthur, Thor, and Nemesis can be argued to be in the top 10 as well.

Only one 11000 character in the top 10 for him and it's Haggar instead of Thanos. Feels like he's being slept on right now. With all the crazy setups in this game Lariat seems really strong, and he has some other great tools too. He's listed over half of the characters as potential for top 10 so the ones that he didn't list are:

Frank
Hawkeye
Chris
X
Ryu
Iron Man
Thaos
Spencer
Morrigan
Hulk
Captain America
Spiderman

The only real surprise is Thanos as I mentioned before just due to how popular he is as well as Spencer to an extent because Coach Steve runs him pretty well. Everyone else has been massively under-represented so far at a high level, or are characters that people had been using but are switching off of because they're too weak.

jett

D-Member
7.1 GB update on Steam. These large updates are killing my internet monthly cap.

Goddamn Capcom and their all-inclusive pak files.

A new, minor patch update has been released for the Steam version of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite that addresses the following, known issues:

Fixed issue where rankings don't display correctly after playing replays.
Improved lag encountered when using voice chat during online matches.

Seven gigabytes.

JayEH

Do they have no self-awareness. I don't even need to look at the replies to know what's gonna be like.

the video itself is worse than any of the comments. "behind the scenes" but all they do is have some PR guys up there saying how excited everyone is about the game.

at least marvel didn't bleep out when the capcom guy mentioned XvSF

bubumiao

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Haggar, Ghost Rider and Nemesis as potential top 10 material. What wonderful universe have I fallen in?

Heh I was running Ghost Rider and Nemesis last night and it was so much fun.

Play keepaway with Ghost Rider to frustrate the opponent, switch to Nemesis for dat hyper armor when they rush in.

badjab326

Neo Member
Been playing on PC and honestly it's been a lot better than expected online. Haven't ran into matchmaking issues, but based on sales it will probably die down over time. Hopefully I can get a few friends to pick it up and run sets with.

Can't make it past rank 13 :p

Still blows my mind that out of 19 Marvel characters they completely avoided anyone from the Netflix shows. Been waiting for Punisher since his Arcade game came out. They even teased me using art from that game in the MvC Complete Works artbook!

Top Bottom