• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

HardRojo

Ok, couldn't resist till the weekend and just bought the game. On my way back home right now.
What layout do you recommend on stick? I played
LMH
SA1A2
in UMvC3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Marvel Entertainment‏Verified account @Marvel
Learn how the @marvelvscapcom legacy was brought back to life for #MVCI in a new behind-the-scenes video!

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/913177420383039490
make a video about the legacy of the franchise but get the number of years since the last iteration wrong brehs

It's part of a series of art prints that Mike Mitchell does. It's his style and he works it for many pop culture properties.

His website.

MoxManiac

Ok, couldn't resist till the weekend and just bought the game. On my way back home right now.
LMH
SA1A2
in UMvC3.

I use
LP HP TAG
LK HK STONE

The closest thing to your layout would probably be

LP LK HK
HP TAG STONE

but that sounds really awkward to me

HardRojo

I use
LP HP TAG
LK HK STONE

The closest thing to your layout would probably be

LP LK HK
HP TAG STONE

but that sounds really awkward to me

Guess I'm gonna have to try the first one. Wish they had stuck to the UMvC3 scheme, since I plan to use that for DBFZ and it's gonna suck to have to adjust my brain for different layouts between different games. I don't know how people like Tokido can tackle different games while performing well in all of them lol.
Edit: Also holy fuck at 10 GB download! I just download a patch that size for SFV yesterday!

FSLink

Banned
LMH
SA1A2
in UMvC3.

Go with the default
LP HP Tag
LK HK Stone

Some MvC3 players swap Tag and Stone to make Tag feel like "assist 2"

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DKw-4dCXcAAILqj.jpg

Please welcome our newest marvel vs capcom player Richard Winz to the Rise Nation family!

Congrats to him, dude was putting in work last weekend.

bubumiao

Yeah, I might switch them too, tag button being there feels weird to me.
I started playing like this:

LP HP Stone
Lk HK Tag

But since you're tagging so frequently for combos I think this is better and what I've settled on:

LP HP Tag
LK HK Stone

I think that's default for most sticks too.

HardRojo

I started playing like this:

LP HP Stone
Lk HK Tag

But since you're tagging so frequently for combos I think this is better and what I've settled on:

LP HP Tag
LK HK Stone

I think that's default for most sticks too.

Hadn't thought of that. Yeah, tagging is crucial in this game so that makes sense. I'll try both layouts and see what sticks.

Durden77

Hadn't thought of that. Yeah, tagging is crucial in this game so that makes sense. I'll try both layouts and see what sticks.

I'm using the

LPHPTAG
LKHKSTONE

Setup too. It was a bitch adjusting from UMvC3 and still is sometimes, but I'm finally gettin it. So yeah use what you like but don't get too frustrated if it doesn't click right away. Depending on how much of 3 you played it will take a while.

Producer

Yo Gamora is ridiculous. Some characters are really good like Dorm and Ultron, but she's like straight busted right now. Her guns should not he able to do the things they do.

Yeah I saw this. Could be hype for a while.

besides her gun durability she doesnt seem to be that ridiculous. that said the game is new and all so who knows but stuff that dante , dorm etc can do seems crazier atm

Dahbomb

It doesn't matter if Gamora's is the worst character in the game. The guns definitely breaks the rules of the game and thus should be fixed.

Same for Captain Marvel's armor, Dante's low into Stinger and a bunch of other bugs in the game.

HardRojo

What do her guns do? Sorry, just picked up the game and I wasn't paying much attention during tournaments. Also, the new super jump feels weird when you wanna do a command that starts with down right after.

Zissou

Playing against Dante in this game feels like playing against vanilla Dante on steroids. Crazy sword normals but much less screen real estate to stay out of their range and every touch = full combo. Seems like you can flail around like an idiot with minimal risk to yourself and if you happen to hit somebody, you can ride that to victory.

Playing against Dante in this game feels like playing against vanilla Dante on steroids. Crazy sword normals but much less screen real estate to stay out of their range and every touch = full combo. Seems like you can flail around like an idiot with minimal risk to yourself and if you happen to hit somebody, you can ride that to victory.
Vergil is coming soon enough, hold those sword normals..

jett

D-Member
Noticed some weirdness about this game's graphics. The characters look brighter and more colorful the close they're to the center of the screen. This applies to any part of any stage.

45LJHsO.png

y4MImgd.png

Never seen a fighter do this.

Also, what the hell looks so bad about this game, I wish someone would let me know. :p

Dahbomb

What do her guns do? Sorry, just picked up the game and I wasn't paying much attention during tournaments. Also, the new super jump feels weird when you wanna do a command that starts with down right after.
It is considered a "High" durability projectile which is a very rare status in the game reserve for stuff like Chris's Magnum (which requires a reload) or Arthur's Gold armor projectile (which is a lvl1 install hyper).

High durability projectiles means that you beat all other normal/medium projectiles and can even beat hyper projectiles. Since Gamora shoots three shots in a row, it will actually beat hypers... even lvl3 hypers like Zero's LVL3.

That's not all. High durability projectiles CANNOT be reflected back with a perfect advancing guard. Projectiles like Gamora's projectile should be reflectable back even her down gun shots (Dante has Rainstorm that works similar to Gamora's down gun shots but you can reflect them back at Dante).

And finally... you can't push her back with advancing guard. That means that if she gets you to block her guns once, she will just chain into her gun loops and get in for free. She can tag off of that and get free mix ups because she will be right on the opponent setting up a nasty mix up where they can even cross you up with a box dash.

brian!

Really loving the feeling of learning new stuff for this game, feel like my tagging has been improving as i learn the properties of stuff. Using super jump tag just cuz you're instinctively trying to mess with the flow of the game feels like a milestone. I think the thing im concentrating most on atm is just branding the mechanics into my muscle memory and trying to excise fake ass shit from my reportoire. Like i used to mash buttons when i tagged because it was working when the game came out but nah it's booty butt cheeks

Noticed some weirdness about this game's graphics. The characters look brighter and more colorful the close they're to the center of the screen. This applies to any part of any stage.

45LJHsO.png

y4MImgd.png

Never seen a fighter do this.

Also, what the hell looks so bad about this game, I wish someone would let me know. :p
Tbh game needed some hard shader or something. The shading in MvC3 did obscure some of the uglier faces in MvC3.. Stuff looks flat.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tbh game needed some hard shader or something. The shading in MvC3 did obscure some of the uglier faces in MvC3..

Yeah the issue with the game for lack of a better description is that it's way too visually dry

spiderman0000-00000_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Like the character textures and stuff are way better but at the end of the day it ends up feeling lifeless which is a first for the series.

LegendX48

Watching streams with people spamming Ultron's hp in the air had me intrigued so I checked out Cap Marvel and I like that I can do hp, dash, hp (not fast enough to go into flight and keep spamming) and I'm thinking of changing my team of Gamora and X to Gamora and Cap Marvel.

HardRojo

It is considered a "High" durability projectile which is a very rare status in the game reserve for stuff like Chris's Magnum (which requires a reload) or Arthur's Gold armor projectile (which is a lvl1 install hyper).

High durability projectiles means that you beat all other normal/medium projectiles and can even beat hyper projectiles. Since Gamora shoots three shots in a row, it will actually beat hypers... even lvl3 hypers like Zero's LVL3.

That's not all. High durability projectiles CANNOT be reflected back with a perfect advancing guard. Projectiles like Gamora's projectile should be reflectable back even her down gun shots (Dante has Rainstorm that works similar to Gamora's down gun shots but you can reflect them back at Dante).

And finally... you can't push her back with advancing guard. That means that if she gets you to block her guns once, she will just chain into her gun loops and get in for free. She can tag off of that and get free mix ups because she will be right on the opponent setting up a nasty mix up where they can even cross you up with a box dash.

Oh ok, yeah that durability sounds like a fuck up and not something she should have for free.
On another note, the UI fucking sucks, it took me a minute to figure out where to disable auto jump and auto combos.

Astral

Yeah the issue with the game for lack of a better description is that it's way too visually dry

spiderman0000-00000_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Like the character textures and stuff are way better but at the end of the day it ends up feeling lifeless which is a first for the series.

God I miss X-23. She was my favorite thing about that game.

Ink shading effect is actually already in the game. It's used to draw the blue outline on the character tagging in.
Huh interesting, I wonder if Capcom fooled around with a dark shader around characters the whole time, but Marvel execs didn't like the look or something (wanting a more mobile look?).

jett

D-Member
Guess someone could mod in cel-shading somehow, or probably not.

Anyway, I can't get any fights online. In training mode or in beginner's league. It's dead Jim (on PC). For me anyways.

FSLink

Banned
Guess someone could mod in cel-shading somehow, or probably not.

Anyway, I can't get any fights online. In training mode or in beginner's league. It's dead Jim (on PC). For me anyways.

Sometimes exiting training mode to the main menu and going back gets it finding people for me.

Are the pros using easy hyper combos? I remember KBR saying they come out in 1 frame and I suck at combos and play Gamora and like to land her sword super with it. But I have friends wondering if they're gonna balance it. Is it something that needs balancing? I've seen nor heard any talk on it.

FSLink

Banned
Are the pros using easy hyper combos? I remember KBR saying they come out in 1 frame and I suck at combos and play Gamora and like to land her sword super with it. But I have friends wondering if they're gonna balance it. Is it something that needs balancing? I've seen nor heard any talk on it.

Why would it needs balancing? It's not extremely strong or anything.

Perineum

Let's talk Time stone.

I've tried numerous times to cancel my timestone combos into a super, but they won't for some reason. Is there a reason for this or a limitation to keep in mind to avoid that?

I use Ultron and Thanos. Typically I can just spam their HK over and over to get to 6K with juice still going. Around 30 hits it drops and goes back to refresh on a combo. I've tried at 30, 25, and 20 to cancel into supers off HK on the ground with no luck. I've tried tagging in a partner to help launch to air to cancel to super, or even go for a level 3, but nothing.

Is there a "best way to use" it? 6K off mashing HK is great, but I'm wondering if there is a way to get more damage, and heck maybe that's why a super can't combo is you get 6k if you land a hit and keep smashing the same button over and over lol.

Dahbomb

There's nothing to balance.

HardRojo

Is there really no way to look at the entire mission combo if I have no access to the touchpad?
(Using Brook adapter and don't remember the shortcut for the touchpad)

ZeroCDR

Is there really no way to look at the entire mission combo if I have no access to the touchpad?
(Using Brook adapter and don't remember the shortcut for the touchpad)

I couldn’t figure it out either lol. Had to watch the demonstrations to see the rest :/

Top Bottom