• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

sinkfla87

Sonic is fucking ridiculous. I'm happy he won. FChamp talked shit so I hope he gets his revenge! I play with Jedah too but damn I suck with him even more than I realized haha.

LegendX48

ggs man. the armor on cpt marvel is just od right now haha, once/if thats gone im gonna be free

my bad once i sent an invite to kobu i stopped checking on here. I can still play if you're still up for it

eh... maybe next time, I'm desperately trying to break my 21 match losing streak right now in casuals :\

Lulubop

SonicFox is incredible, he's like better than Punk at adapting to fighting games more on Tokido's level. If S3 SFV tickles his fancy, he'll be a threat in that too.

brian!

SonicFox is incredible, he's like better than Punk at adapting to fighting games more on Tokido's level. If S3 SFV tickles his fancy, he'll be a threat in that too.

I get the feeling punk is gonna show up in this game, he just needs to fully embrace the bs

Durden77

I've been fucking with mind stone with X. I think it's actually pretty good for him. His charge shot super, especially in armor mode, is imo opinion one of the best supers in the game. The double shot one does insane damage to be pretty much a sniper shot that also can wall bounce. Being able to have a lot of those on deck is really good. Plus X isn't huge in the mix up dept, so the mind stone grab gives him a solid option if his mix ups get figured out.

HardRojo

Just finished Jedah's trials. He's a really fun character to mess around with, his last trial had me getting the buttons mixed up and shit, but I'm starting to grow used to this layout.
I'll try practicing basic stuff during the weekend so that I can at least go online and try a team, still have't decided on who to use, only messed around with X, Jedah and Ultron.

Dahbomb

James Chen is saying that Capcom is allocating marketing budget into Esports/CPT for their fighting games.

There's your answer for why the game's marketing was like it was.

NexusCell

James Chen is saying that Capcom is allocating marketing budget into Esports/CPT for their fighting games.

You know, general consensus is that its better to first get a lot of people to play your game (aka by marketing) before making it into a competitive sport.

Just booted up Steam and saw that 7 gig patch which made me think "Oh, did they release the DLC already?" and then I come here to find out it's just some minor bug fixes.

Wasting my freaking time.

Rotating teams around and still experimenting. Tonight was Zero/Chun and Zero/Strange. Zero/Chun I got bopped and I started off on a bad foot tonight, but I got much better at the end and I feel more comfortable with Zero now, since I just swapped back in Strange to support and chuck bolts. I really like the down ice saber after ryuenjin, I think the buster power ups are a pretty nice addition.

kirblar

On one hand, this is completely stupid in the pre-release buildup phase

On the other, the marketing we DID get was so awful that giving John D's team more resources instead was probably a good call.

NexusCell

On one hand, this is completely stupid in the pre-release buildup phase

On the other, the marketing we DID get was so awful that giving John D's team more resources instead was probably a good call.

tfw the guy who starts all the "Left Behind" memes is probably one of the more competent employees in the company

Sayad

$30K or so(or even if it was $100K) prize MvCI is getting this year isn't enough to be a "marketing budget".

To put things into perspective, most indie developers look for publishers to help launch their games because marketing is expensive, it could easily get up to $50k even for an indie game. And if we're talking real AAA/AA game marketing budget it's usually looked at as a percentage of the game overall budget, like 20%, 30% even up to 50% of the game's entire budget in some cases.

That aside, $30K into esport for the amount of exposure, views and attention it will give the game through 4 or so months is a marketing money well spent and that's not counting the return they're getting from sponsors, ads and TV rights if it gets on TV. For comparison Capcom spent way more than that(probably more than twice as much going by youtube ad prices) to show few millions youtube users Monster Hunter World's reveal trailer during E3 week.

tfw the guy who starts all the "Left Behind" memes is probably one of the more competent employees in the company
Pretty much this, lol.

Neonep

Complete arcade mode with all characters.

I hate using certain characters like Arthur. His play style doesn't fit at all with how I like to play and I don't look forward to using Firebrand.

I was just trying out Thanos/Ghost Rider tonight and I really dig Thanos. The problem is that those are both Marvel characters and I really don't want my main team to not have a Capcom character...

Maybe when they buff Chris so he isn't butt I'll use him...

Complete arcade mode with all characters.

I hate using certain characters like Arthur. His play style doesn't fit at all with how I like to play and I don't look forward to using Firebrand.

You can just set the difficulty to Easy and the damage to Highest and it'll be over before you know it.

bubumiao

I was just trying out Thanos/Ghost Rider tonight and I really dig Thanos. The problem is that those are both Marvel characters and I really don't want my main team to not have a Capcom character...
When I went into training mode on the weekend instead of picking characters I really wanted to, I chose characters I thought would suck or were considered shitty. I chose Hawkeye and Chris and I still thought it was fun and it made me realize Hawkeye has some cool moves that I wouldn't have known if I had never played him. That being said, I'll probably just pick the characters I really want to learn on my next go. But maybe you'll find a character you otherwise wouldn't have ever bothered with unless you mess around a bit, who knows?

I think the game is sick as fuck.

iJack

Banned

Actually, I don't think that's a bad strategy. Also, I do think that casuals will eventually catch up with this game one hell lot. One thing I can tell already is that this game already has one hell of a greatly vocal online fanbase. This is bound to get translated into sales, even if it takes some sales from Capcom going forward. Marvel vs Capcom has potential to become the most interesting fighting game tournament out there.

So yeah, I do see this game making one hell of a turning point when it comes to sales and buzz, and it won't take long. Regardless what the naysayers think, I do think we are going to see a very different tune by the end of this year at the latest.

kiaaa

Man I got a long way to go in this game. Movement alone is gonna take me a while, but the basic combos I can do seem to be alright for now.

badjab326

Neo Member
Recorded a replay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDXY4LHAbDw&t=4s

So I'm not good, at all, but is there anything I could've done here?

Tag more and use stone more. The idea is to make all of your attacks and supers safe by applying more pressure. I'm pretty sure I have never let a super animation finish without tagging.

Also you want to abuse the instant airdash on Cap. Marvel. By default I think dash is mapped to L2 to make it a bit easier. You'd be surprised how often instant airdash hk opens people up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Milan tournament is single elimination until top 8...

owVQOSb.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so SonicFox only wears the furry headpiece for tournaments?

is he the Finn Balor of the FGC? :3

Maybe I'm just bad at finding some but could anyone direct me to someone combo tutorials (video or text, I don't care) for Ghost Rider and Hulk?
I'd really like to main both of them but really can't find anything. I hoped there would already be some combo sheets of both of them anywhere.

Noticed some weirdness about this game's graphics. The characters look brighter and more colorful the close they're to the center of the screen. This applies to any part of any stage.

45LJHsO.png

y4MImgd.png

Never seen a fighter do this.

Also, what the hell looks so bad about this game, I wish someone would let me know. :p
Picture makes me want to puke.

El Sloth

Banned
Yipes right now...

https://media.tenor.com/images/0187208e7c37c1b9e79bbd98cf2bbba2/tenor.gif[IMG]

[url]https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/23856854400-offset-6719.046999999978-32-854x480.mp4#t=0[/url][/QUOTE]
Everyone keeps forgetting he's been diligently playing a games designed to play like Marvel 2* for the last 5+ years....

*with it's own quirks and features that makes it unique from it's inspirations of course.

jett

D-Member
Sanicfax seems like some sort of savant at fighting games. Too bad he used Fang in SFV, I guess that's why he dropped the game.

shaowebb

Maybe I'm just bad at finding some but could anyone direct me to someone combo tutorials (video or text, I don't care) for Ghost Rider and Hulk?
I'd really like to main both of them but really can't find anything. I hoped there would already be some combo sheets of both of them anywhere.
GR+ Hulk? Well if there was ever a team designed to punish Reality Stone abuse its that one. Those two dont just cancel out reality they punish it because they got attacks that dont disappear on impact with it. Hulks is especially gruesome because his gammacharge converts to full combo.
Everyone keeps forgetting he's been diligently playing a games designed to play like Marvel 2* for the last 5+ years....

*with it's own quirks and features that makes it unique from it's inspirations of course.

Yeah folks tend to forget he's played a shitload of Skullgirls and was champ at it too. But hey lets just act like he only knows how to play KT and NRS titles.

Noticed some weirdness about this game's graphics. The characters look brighter and more colorful the close they're to the center of the screen. This applies to any part of any stage.

45LJHsO.png

y4MImgd.png

Never seen a fighter do this.

Also, what the hell looks so bad about this game, I wish someone would let me know. :p

Pretty sure that's just vignetting, a common post-process visual trick

Top Bottom