• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

shaowebb

Everyone keeps forgetting he's been diligently playing a games designed to play like Marvel 2* for the last 5+ years....

*with it's own quirks and features that makes it unique from it's inspirations of course.

I like Yipes, but trying to get SonicFox actually motivated into taking Marvel seriously and then challenging him is not a wise decision

This. The dude is NOT a one trick pony. He is not just some dude who plays string based preset combo fighters. The dude is a monster in Skullgirls. He can play tag fighters and very well. He can do that sort of setup based fast paced long combo flurry situation stuff at a very high level.

Rule number 1 in the FGC. Calling out Sonicfox is never in your best interest. Just dont get 13-0ed though and its a mistake you may survive.

LegendX48

Tag more and use stone more. The idea is to make all of your attacks and supers safe by applying more pressure. I'm pretty sure I have never let a super animation finish without tagging.

Also you want to abuse the instant airdash on Cap. Marvel. By default I think dash is mapped to L2 to make it a bit easier. You'd be surprised how often instant airdash hk opens people up.
Alrighty. I'll have to try that airdash into hk as well.

patchday

Sonicfox is a true genius at these fighting games it is truly naive to challenge this guy and whats the point anyways? He seems really nice and will give you free hugs. Granted he does teabag sometimes I think out of sheer boredom. He'll still hug you after though :)

jett

D-Member
Pretty sure that's just vignetting, a common post-process visual trick

If it is, seems it's only vignetting the characters, which is not common. And pretty strong too, since vignetting usually only covers small portions of the corners. Anyway, it's just a curiosity.

If it is, seems it's only vignetting the characters, which is not common. And pretty strong too, since vignetting usually only covers small portions of the corners. Anyway, it's just a curiosity.

Are you sure? The stage looks darkened in the edges to me

jett

D-Member

brian!

Yipes is one of the best marvel players! Havent seen him in mvci but i completely expect him to show up. His "call out" is just him hamming it up on how he's an og and fox is a whippersnapper.

Oh yeah i linked the corner creator tech again, the correct one should be a sonicfox tweet

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Sonicfox is a true genius at these fighting games it is truly naive to challenge this guy and whats the point anyways? He seems really nice and will give you free hugs. Granted he does teabag sometimes I think out of sheer boredom. He'll still hug you after though :)

Whoever he is and whatever his background, more players and competition is great for any scene, that's the point.

Granted that I personally don't care for fighters nowadays outside of Marvel 3, Infinite and a bit of KI, I never had an interest in watching this guy play. More people and more challenges is what I and any other fan want though. Plus I read that he used Rocket Raccoon, which is a character I have almost never seen in Infinite, and I messed around with him a bit in Marvel 3.

synce

I love how cinematic it all is, makes me feel like I'm watching a movie.

It's not as impressive as the always-on chromatic aberration. I almost pulled out my 3D glasses! Ideally it would also run at 24fps for the complete cinematic experience but no game is perfect.

I think its closer to the tatsunoko spectrum than the 3 or SFxTekken spectrum for what its worth.

Honestly, out of all of Capcom's recent efforts Infinite feels the most like their old stuff. It's far uglier but I found Infinite much more comfortable to get back into.

These are actually some pretty encouraging comments and might be enough to push me towards checking this game out. The art in this game wasn't actually a huge issue for me because while Dante and Chun Li's faces looked pretty bad I feel like the rest of what I've seen was at least decent. I would actually argue that Infinite, MVC3 and TVC are the best looking Capcom fighters rendered in 3D especially since I've always had the (massively unpopular) opinion that SF4 is one of the ugliest fighters Capcom has ever made. The CG and anime cutscenes for SF4 all looked great but I hate the actual in-game art for SF4 as there's this "What if Hanna Barbera did anime?" quality to it. Ken and Ryu in particular have a Flintstones quality to them in SF4 that I never liked.

shaowebb

Okay im starting to get a handle on MMX now in teams. You have got to run and establish his zoning. Megabuster shots like mad both air and ground with speed changeups on which you use. Dont go crazy or youll eat a reflect. You cant flow chart this. I rock timestone and it helps. Thanos, jedah or zero are great partners for the added space control zoning tools you can use to tag into MMX projectile volleys. Once they respect it start canceling these into his rushdown tools off buster and end strings in iceshot hard tag. Tag partner keeps pressure, then teleports as ice shot comes down to setup sick left rights in mid string.

Pushblockers are my bane right now but its getting me good mileage. Hope im not forced onto reality stones since that iceshot tag telepory mixup is so good.

brian!

I feel like he has good potential, in my experience x players online are either free or hooolllyy shit dats some tricky shit. His buster super is really good

brian!

Jedah midscreen meterless bnb: https://mobile.twitter.com/twitter/statuses/910138095701577728

Have to time your lk followup based on how your tiger knee spin picks them up so you get 3 hits on hp for the qcf+hk wall bounce

I havent seen a single zero/jedah team since ive started. I feel like it's strong in the sense that both are strong characters but im unsure about the synergy of the team, and i feel like it's weak against teams that can control the air well. Only week 2 tho

Dahbomb

brian!

I didn't see it at first, but then I noticed what was going on and holy shit! We got legit taunt combos! Gonna have to set taunt next to tag.

Might get patched out (balance patches for this game might be optimistic lol), but something like reality storm -> taunt tag -> mixup off the fake corner might be insane, or just mixups that take advantage of the temporary corner, not at my laptop so i cant see how itd work in practice tho

And ofc taunt combos would be super hype during tourneys! Taunt combos that incorporate the air teabag...😍😍

Dahbomb

This is super cool and swag but it's still a bug so it's within the realm of getting patched out.

Better abuse it while you can.

brian!

Yeah my bro is hesistant in incorporating the c.lk stinger overhead for that reason, but honestly i dont expect this game to see many balance changes

Sayad

Also Vesper Arcade with the click bait video "IS THE MVCI META BAD?" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om1hZVgEfcE

Meta is not even close to being settled yet, this guy is too used to Street Fighter meta being settled early.

Even by SFV standard, around this time in S2 life people were thinking Rashid is still meh, the US didn't know about Ibuki and most people were saying Chun is still good and Birdie is trash. Vasper gonna Vasper!

Neoxon

Even by SFV standard, around this time in S2 life people were thinking Rashid is still meh, the US didn't know about Ibuki and most people were saying Chun is still good and Birdie is trash. Vasper gonna Vasper!
What a perfect segway into me hoping for Rashid in SFV. I'll also accept Menat, but she's probably too recent for MvCI.

brian!

Rashid would be great for this game
Or bison if they let him have psycho crusher again, psycho crusher with this tag system! Give him the bulky model from old mahvels

Dahbomb

In the same time frame, we were still in the original season 2 patch where Urien, Balrog, Laura and Guile didn't receive the nerfs.

Ibuki was definitely sleeper top character and people were worried about Ibuki when they didn't nerf her in the 2.5 patch. Rashid also was in the potential tier, no one considered him bad.

SF games are so much easier to figure out than MVC games.

The meta for sfv was supposed to be Rog, Laura, and Guile only at the top three with no variation. Yeahhh things didn't play out like that all the time.

Fighting games get real weird off paper. The human element turns sure bets to percentages

Neoxon

Rashid would be great for this game
Or bison if they let him have psycho crusher again, psycho crusher with this tag system! Give him the bulky model from old mahvels
Going by Ryu, it'd probably be SFV Bison with maybe his Psycho Crusher thrown in. But honestly, I'd prefer Urien or Gill over Bison (& all 3 over Seth, hopefully Capcom avoids Seth like the plague).

It doesn't matter if Gamora's is the worst character in the game. The guns definitely breaks the rules of the game and thus should be fixed.

Same for Captain Marvel's armor, Dante's low into Stinger and a bunch of other bugs in the game.

Yep launch bugs unfortunately. Hopefully they patch quickly. Gamora will still be good without it but it doesn't make much sense.

It makes sense for things like Arthur during holy armor because that's a special projectile.

Dahbomb

The meta for sfv was supposed to be Rog, Laura, and Guile only at the top three with no variation. Yeahhh things didn't play out like that all the time.

Fighting games get real weird off paper. The human element turns sure bets to percentages
That's because those characters got nerfed alongside Urien.

Early on no specific character was going to dominate as people were still learning characters since most of them were new, DLC characters. People expected Rog, Laura and Guile to dominate in the LONG term... like if the game didn't get a patch for 5 years those characters would be most common.

It's like how everyone and their mom knows that Captain Marvel is top tier as hell but no one has won with her yet. Give it time. Zero didn't start winning tournaments in UMVC3 YEARS after it was out.

Sigmaah

Jedah midscreen meterless bnb: https://mobile.twitter.com/twitter/statuses/910138095701577728

Have to time your lk followup based on how your tiger knee spin picks them up so you get 3 hits on hp for the qcf+hk wall bounce

I havent seen a single zero/jedah team since ive started. I feel like it's strong in the sense that both are strong characters but im unsure about the synergy of the team, and i feel like it's weak against teams that can control the air well. Only week 2 tho

I've played 1 zero/jedah team and it's nice and cheap af.

I wanted to play zero/Dante but I'm not really feeling Dante, Ima make my cheap team with Zero/Jedah for sure.

SIGMA HURRY UP!!!

brian!

Going by Ryu, it'd probably be SFV Bison with maybe his Psycho Crusher thrown in. But honestly, I'd prefer Urien or Gill over Bison (& all 3 over Seth, hopefully Capcom avoids Seth like the plague).

I feel like gill being a urien skin in sfv might allow him in marvel, fingers crossed

Dahbomb

Early on in MVCI's life cycle... the "top" characters are going to be decided by the top players who are well above the skill of everyone else. It's the She Hulk syndrome from Vanilla Marvel 3.

FChamp is going to win a lot so you are going to see a lot of Ultron/Dorm + Space stone no matter how good/bad they are.

Justin is going to win a lot so you are going to see a lot of Nova + Reality.

You are also going to see a lot of Jedah and Rocket Raccoon because Sonic Fox is good.

Hell you might even see a lot of Iron Man is ChrisG sticks it out.

If Rocket Raccoon top 5 because he won like 2 tournaments in a row? Is Jedah?

Tier lists won't be that much of a factor until a year or so after the game's release as tier list factors optimum play between skilled players. We are neither optimum nor is the skill gap equal in this game... it is actually very vast.

Neoxon

I feel like gill being a urien skin in sfv might allow him in marvel, fingers crossed
I was thinking the same thing. Plus Gill's new design for the Urien costume is godlike (though the tattoos on his wrists & ankles are a bit odd, especially in Thong Mode).

Top Bottom