• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Swmystery

Neo Member
Kind of wanna play some casual sets. Like the private matches with rematch options kind lol. Anyone wanna play?

Edit: damnit, something came up but I'll be on later if anyone wants to play.

I'm down for this. I'll shoot you a friend request and you can just ping me when you get back?

BLKTMNT

i cant for the life of me do the fly loops. I know you have to do lp, hp after flight but i fail at the connection of the lp, hp after flying.

I still have a decent modified way with Cpt Marvel but i know im leaving damage on the table without the loops.

Negaduck

i cant for the life of me do the fly loops. I know you have to do lp, hp after flight but i fail at the connection of the lp, hp after flying.

I still have a decent modified way with Cpt Marvel but i know im leaving damage on the table without the loops.

If you're on stick, try double tapping the lp after flight. That helped me when I was messing with ultron learning his flight shit.

After the lp, hp. You can just spam lp+hp and it will work. You don't even have to be clean with that part

Negaduck

@negaduck, i will give that a try. I will probably end up mashing lp and forgeting the hp cause im mashing so much.

Just practice. If they pop out do it a little faster, move not coming out, delay slightly. You will drop it a ton but you'll get it homie!

patchday

Almost finished with the MVCI Beginner's Guide. Will be posting it tomorrow, it's 50 pages long.

Any last thing you guys want in there?

Here's the Guide, hasn't been formatted yet and still have more links to add to it.

Well then I already have feedback for you that's crazy long. I realize I'm the intended audience since I'm only winning something like 1/4 matches at best in casual (Esp since I keep getting ranked 13 opponents). But I'd prefer to like-- read a page or two and preferably get to the point where I don't suck

You gotta make some sort of condensed version for scrubs like me that sort of want to learn but at an accelerated pace.

This is gonna scare away casuals at first glance. I know I ran away from Dota when I saw the Gaf guide was crazy long. I actually went with League of Legends instead (granted, LoL's art style was also a strong factor they have amazing waifus and Ekko!)

shaowebb

Okay MMX/Thanos(TIME) is doing well. MMX/Jedah(TIME) is equally as dope because Jedah's reach helps keep that neutral game goin, but the armor on Thanos and his projectile are helping me to corner and approach better so I'm rocking him. Biggest issues are of course Gamora's guns, and Dormammus. Ultron is actually not tooooo bad yet even though his beams trip up MMX. I tend to use my Thanos vs him since he can get in and destroy then I tag out to start the MMX zoning and setup play.

Really hope Gamora's guns get fixed though. She can just approach for free on folks. I keep having to teleport or go ham on her till she's gone. No zoning her out at all. Dormammu feels just as bad because he just outzones and every time he does he is one tool closer to that damned vine move that pulls me in due to him getting auto charges from his specials. This guy is so top tier its stupid how he got cleared to be in this state. I wish I could get rid of his vines by hitting him.

Durden77

Still doing well with X/Ghost Rider online, but still have a lot to learn.

I didn't think they would work because they're both "support" units, but for what they don't have in mix ups they make up with raw coverage. I really just like putting people where I want them to be, and both of them have plenty of options for that and tag into each other nicely.

I can't wait for Sigma. Feel like he may end up complimenting X perfectly.

kobu

I wish this game had more characters that I actually wanted to play because right now I just feel like playing rocket and no one else

Dorms vines are OD, but if you can get in on him he's putty. Like, I was watching FChamp talk about his weaknesses and how his normals are fairly slow compared to most of the cast and the range is pretty bad on some of them.

Well then I already have feedback for you that's crazy long. I realize I'm the intended audience since I'm only winning something like 1/4 matches at best in casual (Esp since I keep getting ranked 13 opponents). But I'd prefer to like-- read a page or two and preferably get to the point where I don't suck

You gotta make some sort of condensed version for scrubs like me that sort of want to learn but at an accelerated pace.

This is gonna scare away casuals at first glance. I know I ran away from Dota when I saw the Gaf guide was crazy long. I actually went with League of Legends instead (granted, LoL's art style was also a strong factor they have amazing waifus and Ekko!)

Naahhhhh they can for sure CTRL + F through that doc. No way to condense this game without leaving stuff at the door.

Yep. Bodies me every time. ;_;

Strange is so good if you can master his teleports and get some setups going. He has a nice counter super too if he gets rush down. But he needs at least a decent parnter that lets him set up cute stuff.

patchday

A famous professional MvC player named Yipes once stated that in order to be good at a MvC game you would have to suffer through agonizing defeats for years before making any progress.

Holy shit Batman newbies will quit right there. And no wonder I'm getting dropkicked by some of these guys.

Looking at my in-game time it says around 8 hrs total. Feels like I've already put in so much time.... I reckon the really good players put in 8 hrs on Day #1

shaowebb

Still doing well with X/Ghost Rider online, but still have a lot to learn.

I didn't think they would work because they're both "support" units, but for what they don't have in mix ups they make up with raw coverage. I really just like putting people where I want them to be, and both of them have plenty of options for that and tag into each other nicely.

I can't wait for Sigma. Feel like he may end up complimenting X perfectly.

What stone are you using? Reality to keep them in check so you can control space and force them out? Time for the really good Infinity Storm and ability to create mixups off of X projectiles and tagouts into the port? Soul for ...uh...reasons? I'd love to hear what you're setting up and using with these two. GR is a helluva Reality stone counter and I like hearing X stuff in general.

Dahbomb

There's no 2 page guide anyone can make for this game that can make you learn at an accelerated pace or make you not suck LOL!

You can't get good without putting in the work. Reading 50 or even 500 pages is easy.... practicing in training mode for 500 hours is not.

Just for you I can make a 2 page "guide" and see how you like it. It would be hella condensed but you won't learn much from it.

Producer

Holy shit Batman newbies will quit right there. And no wonder I'm getting dropkicked by some of these guys.

Looking at my in-game time it says around 8 hrs total. Feels like I've already put in so much time.... I reckon the really good players put in 8 hrs on Day #1

thats for tournament level players. for online warriors like most of us it wont be nearly as long. but still long

.la1n

Tournament players put in a lot more than 8 hrs a day. No reason to focus on that; just have fun with it. You'll pick it up before you know it.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

I've spent twenty something hours on the game and I'm not even online warrior tier.

FSLink

Banned
Going to a weekly at Xanadu tonight, Unknown is running it.

Should be fun, last week was kinda a wash since I think most people were at SCR.

shaowebb

I've spent twenty something hours on the game and I'm not even online warrior tier.

I have barely done anything. I pretty much beat story, did arcade twice and hit the lab. Trying to figure out how to move and setting AI up way too high as I practice to get used to basics. Still haven't practiced what I've tried to figure out with MMX vs a lot of the cast, but I'm running it vs a lot of the ones I think will be problems. Gamora, Dorm, Cap. Marvel, Hulk, Ultron, Strange...anyone with good armor or good projectiles I'm trying to test myself on a bit before I head online with this team. I wanna make certain I dont fuck up and try to zone vs something I can't even beat the computer with using my team. Thanos is saving me a lot still lol.
I still need more vs Gamora and I haven't even labbed vs Nemesis or Arthur yet.

Dahbomb

I don't want to mislead anyone thinking this is an easy game to pick up. It's easy to pick up if you are only going to play at a casual level and stay there but if you want to become competent then you need put in a lot of work. A lot of players especially in this thread have years of Marvel DNA in them so they have to spend less time becoming competent. If this is your first time playing a VS game then you have to learn a lot.

I was teaching a friend of mine who mostly plays SF about Marvel. I had to spend a good hour or so teaching him about Advancing guard and why it's important. He just would never advance guard because he is just not used to it. And you need to advance guard very frequently in this game, like you have to be advance guarding without even thinking out it, it should be a reflex. And this is base level stuff.

Durden77

What stone are you using? Reality to keep them in check so you can control space and force them out? Time for the really good Infinity Storm and ability to create mixups off of X projectiles and tagouts into the port? Soul for ...uh...reasons? I'd love to hear what you're setting up and using with these two. GR is a helluva Reality stone counter and I like hearing X stuff in general.

Right now I'm rocking reality. It's easy to use and gives even more coverage. Canceling GR's air d.hp on block into the surge is pretty nasty. The storm is great for both of them as it gives even MORE coverage, they can both pick up combos fairly easily from all the elements, and it gives X some solid lockdown to work some mix ups.

I actually surprisingly am really like mind with the team though, and may to switch to it at some point. The grab gives GR and X each another solid mix up tool for their non-super intensive mix up bag, and the storm pumps up their meter so X can stay armored and they can spam 2 of the best level 1 supers in the game, X's charge shot and GR's bike. X's charge shot with armor equiped is fucking legit. Does so much damage and is basically a sniper super. Having a lot of those is always good news.

brian!

Dorms vines are OD, but if you can get in on him he's putty. Like, I was watching FChamp talk about his weaknesses and how his normals are fairly slow compared to most of the cast and the range is pretty bad on some of them.

Naahhhhh they can for sure CTRL + F through that doc. No way to condense this game without leaving stuff at the door.

Strange is so good if you can master his teleports and get some setups going. He has a nice counter super too if he gets rush down. But he needs at least a decent parnter that lets him set up cute stuff.

@dorm, that's part of why power stone and reality stone are sick on him, ppl salivating to go in on dorm just get wall bounced for their trouble

Ryce

Black Panther's DLC costume has been revealed through his Funko Pop:

GvCPjLT.jpg

Durden77

I don't want to mislead anyone thinking this is an easy game to pick up. It's easy to pick up if you are only going to play at a casual level and stay there but if you want to become competent then you need put in a lot of work. A lot of players especially in this thread have years of Marvel DNA in them so they have to spend less time becoming competent. If this is your first time playing a VS game then you have to learn a lot.

I completely agree, been saying that for a while.

This game is actually fantastic for casuals, but only for that casual plain. If they want to move past that, it will take a lot of work. But generally most casuals don't want to move past that, so it works out. But for the ones that do, the game gives them some tools to feel competent in the meantime.

I think people really underestimate this game's gameplay appeal for casuals. All of my casual friends are having so much more fun with it than they ever did UMvC3. One of my good friends (mainly plays SF too) that hated UMvC3 is really loving this game and starting to get into it. I just let him rock with it with a few tips. He's had a lot of fun with the auto combos and tag system, and is now starting to move into special/super cancel combos. Cool to see. We played around 55 rounds last night. And my other casual friend that loved UMvC3 loves this one even more.

HardRojo

Not the first time his metsu srk is with kicks.

Yeah, SF4 I know, but at least it had the double QCF motion typical of a super. Here my brain is hardwired into inputting the DP + both punches, instead it isn't even a DP but a QCF motion with both kicks. Also, I really really hate them going for down down on previous DP moves and some new ones that obviously should be inputted as DPs... that shit's gonna take a good while to adjust to, and I'm still adjusting to the LP HP Tag (top row) LK HK Stone (bottom tow) layout.

nded

Black Panther really should have an unmasked alt, but Capcom gonna Capcom and release a game that has one black character who is DLC and doesn't even have a face.

JeTmAn81

There's no 2 page guide anyone can make for this game that can make you learn at an accelerated pace or make you not suck LOL!

You can't get good without putting in the work. Reading 50 or even 500 pages is easy.... practicing in training mode for 500 hours is not.

Just for you I can make a 2 page "guide" and see how you like it. It would be hella condensed but you won't learn much from it.

I don't know about that. I think you could write a two page guide on chess that would improve anyone's games immensely. It would consist of general rules of thumb which of course must be understood and practiced to be effective. Marvel is less complicated than chess so the same should be possible.

Edit - Examples:

1. Learn a decent damage combo sequence with each character. Have it down pat before fighting anyone.

2. Practice against the CPU, putting your decent combos into practice against an opponent who fights back.

3. Have a plan for blockstrings, either ending with something safe or near enough.

4. Study your characters normals and how fast they are and how much range they have.

Etc.

Top Bottom