• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
part 2 of the BTS of marvel infinite. This time they're focusing on the mode that drew in all the casuals to make it a smash hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QTTjRSoTN0
These "BTS" videos are virtually regurgitated versions of the only things they talked about in the interviews pre-release.

Give me a picture of concept art or an animator rotating a model or something, FFS

If it wasn't discussed ad nauseum already across a million threads and in some great breakdown posts, making a thread about the missteps in marketing would be legendary.

JayEH

Interestingly it was not a Japanese writer for the story. It was concerning when he said this was the biggest game he's worked on...

Jawmuncher

These "BTS" videos are virtually regurgitated versions of the only things they talked about in the interviews pre-release.

Give me a picture of concept art or an animator rotating a model or something, FFS

If it wasn't discussed ad nauseum already across a million threads and in some great breakdown posts, making a thread about the missteps in marketing would be legendary.

When things are cooled down in a month or two. It’d still make a great thread. It might sound ridiculous but without the context on what they were working with or what they’re doing now. I stand that some gaffers especially in the marketing field could’ve marketed this game better. Even with everything as is

bubumiao

I stand that some gaffers especially in the marketing field could’ve marketed this game better. Even with everything as is
Definitely. Have you seen the commercial they're running on broadcast television? It doesn't even show gameplay at all, just clips from story mode. What a wasted opportunity.

JayEH

Definitely. Have you seen the commercial they're running on broadcast television? It doesn't even show gameplay at all, just clips from story mode. What a wasted opportunity.

Is it at least the final trailer?

Gameplay trailers on tv are hard for fighting games though tbh.

jett

D-Member
Loading times are started to get more fucked on PC for me. Sadly it probably won't be fixed, considering the miserable amount of sales this thing has on Steam.

bubumiao

Is it at least the final trailer?

Gameplay trailers on tv are hard for fighting games though tbh.
I don't know which one it is. If you know what a fighting game is and if shown a short clip of chaotic gameplay you might at least think , "Hey, that looks cool."

This commercial doesn't create excitement. Most people probably have no idea who Jedah or Haggar are (yet they're both in the commercial). Capcom has really dropped the ball with this one.

Neonep

When things are cooled down in a month or two. It’d still make a great thread. It might sound ridiculous but without the context on what they were working with or what they’re doing now. I stand that some gaffers especially in the marketing field could’ve marketed this game better. Even with everything as is
I'm confident I could have done a better job. I could have written something up.

JayEH

I don't know which one it is. If you know what a fighting game is and if shown a short clip of chaotic gameplay you might at least think , "Hey, that looks cool."

This commercial doesn't create excitement. Most people probably have no idea who Jedah or Haggar are (yet they're both in the commercial). Capcom has really dropped the ball with this one.

Gameplay doesn't sell fighting games to the masses.

I'd say neither does arcade mode but I'm in a guild on Injustice 2 full of people that only play against the AI. These guys are really good at fighting bosses but when I ask if they wanna play in VS they tell me they don't pvp somehow all they want is to farm the bosses and collect items.

jett

D-Member
Suddenly I feel like I suck at this time.

I mean I do suck, but it felt kinda cool to play. I'm back to being dog typing on keyboard.

Coda

When you haven't played Mahhvel for a day but you about to sit down and play...

BhYMbhP.gif

Dahbomb

Why can Dante get a full combo off of every little hit? Fuck that guy.
That is his super power.

Hey, how do you do prop shredder into million carats? New to Dante and all his tricky shit. I'm just kinda learning on the fly without much knowledge into his bold cancel whatever. Saw someone online do it but trying it but I keep jumping.
I believe that is done by doing a jump cancel off of Pop Shredder. You need to do a tiger knee input with Crystal which is QCF, up/forward + HP after the Pop Shredder and then you press HP twice more to get the Carats.

Astral

I really really really don't like lightning fast characters like Chun Li and characters with insane projectile game like Zero. They're not fun to fight against. I think Zero is who made me drop vanilla MvC3. It's too fast.

Only got to play this a bit, through arcade mode 2 times and some trials.

My brain feels like its in the off position when I play this haha. No idea what im trying to do. But I also have not played every character. So much for "more casual" thing feels way more difficult to play than previous entries.

Also that recovery on Iron Man's rekka... yowzers.

I-hate-u

I am having a hard time adapting to the new controls. I now know what Sanford felt like when 3 came out. Why did the ditch the old controls? Dante feels so clunky now, and I can't find a character that plays like Doom.

I played Doom on point in 3.

Coda

I am having a hard time adapting to the new controls. I now know what Sanford felt like when 3 came out. Why did the ditch the old controls? Dante feels so clunky now, and I can't find a character that plays like Doom.

It feels pretty weird at first coming from 3, but after a few days of playing I was fine. Dante plays a lot differently now, you have to use his guns a lot more to create openings with him.

MrMephistoX

You get used to it...this is actually closer to the original vs games like X-men vs SF and MVC One. My only beef is changing Chun Li I get it’s easier to combo with lighnogjt legs as a circle motion but we’re talking 20+ years of it being a mashing command: eve SFV came to their senses and patched it back in!

It feels pretty weird at first coming from 3, but after a few days of playing I was fine. Dante plays a lot differently now, you have to use his guns a lot more to create openings with him.
Yah fucks me up playing him, he's like the character that was changed the most for some reason...

Cool, I can now do the full Palm Breaker loops with Thanos pretty consistently.

I feel like I can play Thanos/Ghost Rider at an acceptable level now... Now time to brush up on Dante and Flank West.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
How everybody else looks when they get their 700k meterless combo down.
gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

How I look when I almost got a magic series down
gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

Producer

maybe its just me but i feel like ultron plays the most like doom, his method of approach is similar, decent projectiles (not as great as doom), canceling normals into flight to make stuff safe or continue pressure, etc

jett

D-Member
How everybody else looks when they get their 700k meterless combo down.
gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

How I look when I almost got a magic series down
gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

As one of the few newbs around, it feels pretty cool just to figure your own variations when doing magic series. Sadly, it's all I do. The neutral game in this game is a mystery to me. It's too hectic to really focus on something. I really feel like I'm actually too old to learn a game like this. :p I'm not good at Street Fighter either, but at least that game is slow enough for my old man reactions. When I see pros playing this game, it almost like they're mashing out random moves in the neutral LOL. Obviously they aren't, but that's what it appears sometimes.

But yeah this game is just fun to mess around with even if you don't know what you're doing. I haven't even messed around online, wish arcade mode had a non-garbage final boss.

Astral

So characters I have trouble against:

Dante
Chun Li
Zero.

Dante is scary to get touched by, Chun Li's instant air dash is absurdly fast and Zero can clone himself and has really good projectiles. Other characters give me trouble too but these guys take the cake. Fighting them is stressful.

HardRojo

Ok, I feel like I'm missing something here. Is there a way to make your character drop down faster after an air spike to continue the combo? I feel like I'm coming down way too slowly to pick them up and launch them again. I'm trying Ultron's flight air fierce combos and after the HK I don't know what to do to make him get to the ground faster to follow it up.
Edit: Or maybe the last dash is a horizontal one, I don't know, but it feels like that's happening with several characters for me.

LowRoller

As one of the few newbs around, it feels pretty cool just to figure your own variations when doing magic series. Sadly, it's all I do. The neutral game in this game is a mystery to me. It's too hectic to really focus on something. I really feel like I'm actually too old to learn a game like this. :p I'm not good at Street Fighter either, but at least that game is slow enough for my old man reactions. When I see pros playing this game, it almost like they're mashing out random moves in the neutral LOL. Obviously they aren't, but that's what it appears sometimes.

But yeah this game is just fun to mess around with even if you don't know what you're doing. I haven't even messed around online, wish arcade mode had a non-garbage final boss.
Same here. This is my first marvel games and just moving around the screen makes me confused. I'm enjoying it, but I don't see myself getting better anytime soon.

Top Bottom