• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

shaowebb

Right now I'm rocking reality. It's easy to use and gives even more coverage. Canceling GR's air d.hp on block into the surge is pretty nasty. The storm is great for both of them as it gives even MORE coverage, they can both pick up combos fairly easily from all the elements, and it gives X some solid lockdown to work some mix ups.

I actually surprisingly am really like mind with the team though, and may to switch to it at some point. The grab gives GR and X each another solid mix up tool for their non-super intensive mix up bag, and the storm pumps up their meter so X can stay armored and they can spam 2 of the best level 1 supers in the game, X's charge shot and GR's bike. X's charge shot with armor equiped is fucking legit. Does so much damage and is basically a sniper super. Having a lot of those is always good news.

Sounds legit and yeah I love that Buster super with the armor on. I actually found that when Partnered with Thanos I can finally make use of his AA super in combos since so much of Thanos' stuff will either leave folks in the air, a bounce or lift them above himself as he combos. Feels neat to whip that out sometimes just to see it but a lot of times I can just use X's AA special to lift them up and keep things goin better than blowing bar to use a that super. The Shot or armor super is the way to go in general for damage since that AA super misses so many hits but at least you can use it as a great means to force distance and tag out vs air approaches so your GR can start doin his gameplan. When I use the AA super to tag out vs air folks and buy me some lockdown I generally end up using Thanos ports or having to fire his slow fireball at a specific point to try and catch em as they drop out of their superjump or to just straight go in if they fell out early since they can't jump with that super out there.. The port's gotten me the most mileage so far though but again its AI horseshit.

As far as stone go I haven't tried more than 2 so far on this team. I haven't tried using Power Stone with X/Thanos yet but I'm kind of tempted to give it a shot sometime since I know it does crazy things with Thanos...maybe once I learn the characters more than stone specific mixups I might dance around some with other tools than Time or Reality.

JusDoIt

Black Panther's DLC costume has been revealed through his Funko Pop:

GvCPjLT.jpg

What in the Power Ranger is this shit?

Opening up people who actually know what they're doing when you're using Ghost Rider isn't easy...

I got out of the beginner league but I'm getting paired up with Rank 12 people who are on a whole other level.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Outside of Superior Spiderman, every Marvel costume so far is either original or just loosely based on actual costumes.

but there are four costumes based on the comic or movie apperances. If you are talking about Gamora's costume then that's more of censored rather than loose based on.

but there are four costumes based on the comic or movie apperances. If you are talking about Gamora's costume then that's more of censored rather than loose based on.
Neither the Thor nor Hulk costumes are directly based off the Ragnarok or WWH designs, Major Danvers fwik is loosely based on Carol's casual outfits in the comics, and Gamora's has some original touches to it even beyond the censorship.

patchday

Point: A Point character is the ”closer" or the ”carry" of the team. The Point character is the character that will be opening up the opponent, getting in and doing damage. You want to be supporting your point character and allowing this character to get in and do their thing. A point character has limited support and is not particularly strong at supporting other characters (though they can in some capacity as this game is open enough to allow that). Point characters tend to be the rushdown or aggressive characters in the game though they also have some capacity to zone. You want to pair up a Point with a Support.

List of Points:

Captain Marvel, Chun Li, Firebrand, Haggar, Jedah, Morrigan, Nova, Spencer, Spider Man, Thanos, Thor, Ultron

Huh I thought points were supposed to have range. Chun has a little range

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Neither the Thor nor Hulk costumes are directly based off the Ragnarok or WWH designs, Major Danvers fwik is loosely based on Carol's casual outfits in the comics, and Gamora's has some original touches to it even beyond the censorship.

Yeah, You are right. I had to double check those costumes. They didn't really match up as I previously thought. I wonder why they decided to not based on the costumes. I meant they didn't have any problem to do it for UMVC3 since those costumes were excellent fanservice for marvel fans.

VariantX

Black Panther's DLC costume has been revealed through his Funko Pop:

GvCPjLT.jpg

Woolie just threw up in his mouth a little bit.

Why are they still revealing all the DLC through this stupid method already?

Sales are showing, this aint working, nor is it helping. This marketing...

Purple and Gold/yellow are traditional royalty colors so that alt makes all the sense in the world.

It also appears to be straight up battle armor rather than the vibranium weave fabric conceptualized by the MCU, and vibranium is generally depicted as being purple.

sinkfla87

I'm down for this. I'll shoot you a friend request and you can just ping me when you get back?

Hey shoot me a FR, it's just SinkFla.

I've gotta knock a part of the raid out in Destiny but I'll be back on Marvel in a bit haha.

Btw, having a character crisis. It's funny, for a roster I found so shitty I'm actually enjoying the vast majority of characters in this game. Even ones that I never played with in 3. If I were in Capcom PR, I would have made promotional videos showcasing the differences in returning characters but nooo. Can't have positive marketing.

RocBase

Almost finished with the MVCI Beginner's Guide. Will be posting it tomorrow, it's 50 pages long.

Any last thing you guys want in there?

Here's the Guide, hasn't been formatted yet and still have more links to add to it.

Damn, huuuuge props and thanks for going through the troube of cohesively drafting this all out in a comfortable sitting. Really great beginner gameplan.

Reading this inbetween meals so haven't finished it right at this moment, but do you have any plans to make specific character guides?

brian!

Point really just means "who's good in the first position", which takes on several meanings in this game due to the tag system. In this instance chun li is a rushdown character who can open ppl up with her mobility.

The roles are really just jump off points for thinking about team building, you dont have to follow them.

Ryce

Even Gamora's default look is a bit different from the comics if you compare the minor details. With the exception of Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Nova, and Dormammu, the Marvel characters have original Capcom designs inspired by contemporary comics, cartoons, and the MCU, but they're not pulled directly from those sources.

Chun is very fast, and has high and low mixups, so she can open people up. Her specials also got much better from MVC3, being able to convert off combos and the spinning bird kick can keep people still for a moment, while you tag someone in. I suck with Chun, but I think it is pretty easy to see her role once you get your hands on her a bit.

brian!

Honestly, i know the role talk is gathering steam, but im still unsure about it being appropriate for the game or even suggestions like "pair a point with a support", but this feeling mainly just stems from being in awe of the tag system. I think it's useful to categorize this way, it just seems...early haha

Honestly, i know the role talk is gathering steam, but im still unsure about it being appropriate for the game or even suggestions like "pair a point with a support", but this feeling mainly just stems from being in awe of the tag system. I think it's useful to categorize this way, it just seems...early haha

Yea, tbh I don't really care about defining characters like it. Even though some characters are much better without help, or are good at helping another character get in, I don't think you necessarily need to match a character from group A, with group B to necessarily have a compatible team, synergy is much more character specific when you look deeper into it.

For exmaple, I've been testing different teams, and even though Strider/Strange, you can help Strider get in with Strange's projectiles, Strider can also support Strange with something like Vajra, because people super jumping means he can't bolt them, but bringing them down with Vajra helps keeps those jumps in check. So Strider supporting Strange also works and vice versa.

FSLink

Banned
I agree.

AlexIIDX

So does every character have a way of picking up opponents after a mid screen magic series into spike? I can do it with Dr. Strange cause im teleporting down but i'm trying Chun Li, Morrigan, Thanos, and I feel like I land too late to dash in. Am I just too slow?

brian!

So does every character have a way of picking up opponents after a mid screen magic series into spike? I can do it with Dr. Strange cause im teleporting down but i'm trying Chun Li, Morrigan, Thanos, and I feel like I land too late to dash in. Am I just too slow?

Not everyone, but in this game you can always tag for the pickup i believe

I dunno about those characters (Chun has the ground bounce from Air lightning legs), but someone like X has to do their magic series slower to pick up after magic series, because if they do it too fast, they can't get back to the ground in time.

I would not be surprised if our first look at Venom, Black Widow, and Wonter Soldier is through Funkos

Almost positive they showed the Venom one months back and that alongside the zip basically confirmed him for me. He was MvC1 blue and everything - a shade he's only been for MARVEL VS CAPCOMMMM

Hands were in the Venom rush pose too.

Lol the marketing though. Game is fun and two spidey characters = fine.

Dahbomb

Reading this inbetween meals so haven't finished it right at this moment, but do you have any plans to make specific character guides?
No because not only is that also a lot of work but you need a lot of expertise with individual characters to write a guide. I do plan on expanding the character sections in that guide with links to combos, tutorials, framedata and stuff.

FSLink

Banned
Man, PC Mahvel is annoying. Even with the mic fix, it feels like there's worse connections overall than PSN, and I swear there's people lag switching on here.... it's suspicious af when everytime I land a hit it starts lagging like crazy, and then when I try to message them they block me immediately. :(

Bob White

No because not only is that also a lot of work but you need a lot of expertise with individual characters to write a guide. I do plan on expanding the character sections in that guide with links to combos, tutorials, framedata and stuff.

Hey, how do you do prop shredder into million carats? New to Dante and all his tricky shit. I'm just kinda learning on the fly without much knowledge into his bold cancel whatever. Saw someone online do it but trying it but I keep jumping.

Is the DLC really coming out on the last day of the month? Fucking hell Capcom I wanna give you money I have an XBL gift card sitting on my desk just waiting to buy costumes but Capcom is allergic to money.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is the DLC really coming out on the last day of the month? Fucking hell Capcom I wanna give you money I have an XBL gift card sitting on my desk just waiting to buy costumes but Capcom is allergic to money.

We don't know for sure but it's likely that we would find out at NYCC. The event is going to happens next weekend so the waiting period wouldn't be long.

Jawmuncher

part 2 of the BTS of marvel infinite. This time they're focusing on the mode that drew in all the casuals to make it a smash hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QTTjRSoTN0

Snooze .
When they start talking about real shit like how they came up with the base roster I’ll give them a watch. The actual crossover story in hindsight is like the weakest aspect of the entire game.

I’ll just watch this stupid clip some more about budget capcom and get back into online matches
https://twitter.com/hmkilla/status/913244647492915200

Top Bottom