• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dahbomb

Yo dahbomb do you think tiers will change around with stone usage i.e. Low Tier boys can hang with high tier with the appropriate tools?
There will be some change but not enough. It's not like the top tiers can't use stones either.

This tier list generally takes into equation the Stones too. Big bodies are probably better than they should be because of the stones. Same for certain characters like Arthur.

Like Ryu with any stone in the game is still a bad character. Dante with any stone is still the best character in the game.

Think about it this way.. if I can make a mediocre character good with a stone... why not just make a good character great with a stone instead?

PSqueak

Banned
Yes, those devs sure were crafty by putting time and effort into making their game look good.

Don't be obtuse, there are plenty of good looking, good gameplay games that go completely unnoticed.

This is not trying to make less of the tremendous effort and work of love gone to the game, what im saying is Cuphead's main ace on their side was the commitment to the 1930 gimmick, which they executed flawlessly.

sephi22

Yo dahbomb do you think tiers will change around with stone usage i.e. Low Tier boys can hang with high tier with the appropriate tools?
Dahbomb's propensity to type out long, drawn out essays on gameplay and balance might give the impression that he is particularly knowledgeable in areas that he might not actually be. His frequent rambling essays have made him Mahvel-GAF's balance guru, even though his insight and intellect is only slightly above your standard online warrior.

I'm not Dahbomb but I can assure you that tiers will most definitely change when stones are researched more deeply. For example I believe Soul Stone will definitely shake up the meta given enough time. Players will need to lab 2-character combos to optimize it and I believe only a couple of players will end up using it to maximum potency.

Don't kill me Dahbomb. It's only jokes. :p I don't even play this game.

Dahbomb

I don't pretend to be some guru or top player at the game, but if someone asks me a question then I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

And obviously the tier lists will change especially in the middle. This is only week 2 after all. Nothing is set in stone (ayyy!)... except for Ryu/Chris sucking and Dorm/Dante being top tier.

This is just to provoke some conversation and discussion about the game.

sephi22

Guesses on when the Spiderman infinite fix is coming? I think when the first DLC drops

I don't pretend to be some guru or top player at the game, but if someone asks me a question then I will try to answer to the best of my ability.
Why you gotta take the fun out of everything? I was expecting a more sporting clapback.

Dahbomb

Guesses on when the Spiderman infinite fix is coming? I think when the first DLC drops
There are a bunch of other similar bugs in the game that need addressing.

I am hoping it is fixed in the first DLC but patch approval process takes a lot of time. They would have to have found out this bug a month ago, get the patch approved by Sony/Microsoft and then release it.

Doesn't seem like that there is some hotfix system in place for the game which is a bummer.

Sayad

There are a bunch of other similar bugs in the game that need addressing.
Like Morrigan not being able to fly cancel Soul Fists, how did that get past quality assurance?!!
9ovvu0I.gif

Dahbomb

Like Morrigan not being able to fly cancel Soul Fists, how did that get past quality assurance?!!
9ovvu0I.gif
Oh that's 100% intended.

The Dorm fly cancel is not that though. After closer inspection on it, it is most definitely a bug. The fly cancel straight up doesn't work if you have full stocks.

I haven't watched much marvel this past week but why do you put thor in the same tier as nemesis haggar? Was there good thor stuff shown this week?

ZeroCDR

I put some more time into Zero/X last night and had a total blast, they really do click together. Reached rank 11 again but will probably stick to casuals for a bit and try to grow a little more.

Just wanna get this trophy over with already and leave ranked forever, but I pretty much get matched with 11 or higher at this point, and each match is down to the wire or a total blowout on me (Them Dante’s). It’s exciting and frustrating all the same.

Dahbomb

FChamp said on stream as well that Dante is the best character in the game. But I came to that conclusion before him though so don't accuse me of X copying FChamp!

I haven't watched much marvel this past week but why do you put thor in the same tier as nemesis haggar? Was there good thor stuff shown this week?
Well Keits played him well in a tournament but that's not why I have him in there.

He has mobility as a grappler, his combos are good, he has armor on his charged Might Strikes, lvl1 command grab hyper is good and just general utility stuff like the Hammer throw or that spark move which seems to be pretty goo defensively and in combos.

He might be worse than Nemesis/Haggar but like we haven't seen enough of Thor to say that for sure. He definitely seems improved from his Marvel 3 self and big bodies seems to be doing pretty well in this game in general.

Maybe Keits can elaborate more since he plays Thor.

JeTmAn81

I think it's far too early to be really confident in your ideas of the best strategies, characters and teams for this game. That stuff takes time to settle.

Dahbomb

I think it's far too early to be really confident in your ideas of the best strategies, characters and teams for this game. That stuff takes time to settle.
Of course but it's good to start the ball rolling early on the discussion. See where things stand and where things can be explored. That's how the community progresses and how we can get ACCURATE balance patches in the future.

Like if no one talks about the fact that Spider Man has an infinite or Dante has cr.LK into Stinger overhead... these things get ignored when balance patch comes and then the community complains because "WHY DIDN'T THEY FIX THAT THING? ITS SO OBVIOUSLY BROKEN!" But why would Capcom change if no one is even talking about?

Marvel is a peculiar type of FG where stuff doesn't warrant getting changed until people are like almost riot status. We let so much shit slide or let rock that other game communities would not stand for.

DR2K

Banned
9ovvu0I.gif

I don't understand why it's so terrible. Considering her durability was nerfed, she cant meter build as easily, they can be deflected, no doom assist.

There were so many indirect nerfs to her that nerfing her cancel is over kill.

Dahbomb

Her durability wasn't nerfed. It's same as it was always was.

Her durability was 5 in MVC3 which as average. Same as a Hadoken for example.

It's average in this game too. But durability works differently here, each projectile counts for the durability so one shot of Hawkeye's Triple Arrow will beat out a Soul Fist. So it's the equivalent of Morrigan throwing a 5 durability projectile against 3 5 durability Hawkeye arrows.

Morrigan is definitely not a zoner in this game. Even with Astral Vision it's not enough to make her one. But her rushdown is quite good, she is a different character.

sephi22

Remember access to starting/ending DHC glitch deciding which characters are meta? The community let it rock and begrudgingly embraced it.

It was also the last time Wesker was good in practice.

Dahbomb

Remember access to starting/ending DHC glitch deciding which characters are meta? The community let it rock and begrudgingly embraced it.

It was also the last time Wesker was good in practice.
Except that it didn't?

The best teams were stuff like Top point character/Invincible assist/Phoenix in Vanilla Marvel 3.

So stuff like Dante/Haggar/Phoenix or Zero/Tron/Phoenix. Invincible assist meant that you were super hard to rushdown and Phoenix meant that you automatically won against zoning teams so this was the defining meta of Vanilla Marvel 3.

DHC glitch was cute in Vanilla Marvel 3 but it was not meta defining.

jett

D-Member
People have been complaining about SFV's user interface forever, but it's amazing how much better it is than this shit. At least it looks like a graphic designer was hired, instead of having dropping it off on the lap of an intern programmer late at night the day before the game went gold.

Jawmuncher

People have been complaining about SFV's user interface forever, but it's amazing how much better it is than this shit. At least it looks like a graphic designer was hired, instead of having dropping it off on the lap of an intern programmer late at night the day before the game went gold.

Yeah. I actually never minded The look of SFV.
My only complaint was seeing all the content you’re missinh while playing. But that’s another complaint altogther.

jett

D-Member
Yeah. I actually never minded The look of SFV.
My only complaint was seeing all the content you’re missinh while playing. But that’s another complaint altogther.

You mean seeing other people's DLC purchases? I'm playing on all those DLC stages for free when I go online. I'm totally fine with some other guy wasting their money/bison dollars on that stuff. :p

Kard8p3

Alright I suck at fighting games but I love me some Marvel/Capcom, how easy/hard is it to get into this? Also does PC or PS4 have a higher fanbase?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Alright I suck at fighting games but I love me some Marvel/Capcom, how easy/hard is it to get into this? Also does PC or PS4 have a higher fanbase?

Its fun until you reach Rank 14/13 and start getting bopped by people who know actual combos.

Sigmaah

Ps4 anyone?

Photon absorber is some stupid shit I'll tell you that much. Who tf thought that move was valid the way it is?!

Someone sell me their copy of the game so I can get it, lose to Rhaknar, and blame lucebuce

You're such a scrub!!

What's funny is the same guy that worked on SFV's UI worked on MVCI's....

jett

D-Member
https://youtu.be/QNNC4Y3vj7M

Yo there's actually some BTS in this BTS video!

"of course there's arcade mode"

"we really want to push the graphics and the engine"

Yes... BTS about story mode lol.

Goddamn the reaction to SFV launching without any solo content really fucked them in the heads.

You're such a scrub!!

What's funny is the same guy that worked on SFV's UI worked on MVCI's....

Man I just don't get that.

jett

D-Member
*searches for lobbies of all skill levels and regions*

SESSION NOT FOUND

Yeah either the game is beyond dead on PC or online is fucked for me.

Top Bottom